March 28, 2024, 03:58:27 PM

Author Topic: I am just disgusted with our so-called football "supporters". Are You?  (Read 8649 times)

Offline Peter

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
I am just disgusted with our so-called football "supporters".

I attended our recent World Cup 2010 Qualifying match vs Honduras. Before the match started I seeing alot of people wining and jumping up to the music, so told myself the team's going to get good vocal support, but to my amazement, as soon as it started, and the time to make noise arrived, everyone was as quiet as a damned church mouse.

Throughout the match I was most likely one of if not the Loudest person in that whole stadium(and I'm not a very loud person) I was singing at the top of my lungs in between cheering every touch our players made and booing every touch of the Honduran players(was booing now and then though,many times I just cheered our players to defend hard and get back the ball, jury's out on which is better though, I think the latter.). I was trying to make up for the 15000 church mice that packed out the Hasely Crawford stadium. To top it all off people had the nerve to watch me with the, "Wha wrong with he, why he making so much noise and being different " look. What in the world is wrong with us as Trinidadians!!?

People seem think attending your team's World Cup qualifying football match is like going to the movies,newsflash-it isn't! We are supposed to be the 12th man. Our presence alone barely does anything, because if there was a twelfth player on our team who just stood there still on the field, and didn't participate in the game, he'd be almost useless. Likewise if everyone just sits there quietly, their impact is very small. The visiting team soon forgets they are surrounded by more than 20000 foreigners, who would like nothing less than for them to utterly fail, and they then get comfortable and play their usual game. The visiting team is not supposed to be unaffected and able to play at their usual pace! The mere fact that Fifa has as a punishment that the offending team must play a match at an empty stadium acknowledges the tremendous impact supporters can have on their team.

The reason teams fear going to Anfield and face Liverpool in the Champions League, is because of the atmosphere the crowd generates, thats likened onto a "Cauldron", this driving on from their supporters, and intimidation of the visiting teams(which assists in them making more mistakes and generally not flowing as they normally would), makes Liverpool consistently punch above their weight in the champions league at Anfield particularly. With the lack of vocal support our team gets most of the time in Trinidad, its almost as if every game they play is an away game. Besides the issues with management etc, I think thats a contributing factor to why we've only qualified for one world cup, even though we've had so many talented players through the years. If every game throughout for some EPL team was an away game, that team would win nothing and probably likely get relegated come the end of the season. That statement isn't a stretch, thats about how important the home advantage is.

In matches people only cheer when the team comes close to scoring, when if they cheer them on throughout the match, with the heightened confidence and drive that generates in the players(and intimidation and nervousness in opponents), they most likely would drive forward with more intensity and create more chances, thereby scoring more goals, winning more games, and getting more points- hence achieving more in general. This even helps "crappy" players and teams perform better, much more for our players, a number of which are exceptionally talented. It will also help our *ahem* slightly lacking players to perform better and with more drive and determination at our home games. Why do you think club teams generally play better at home? Its not some magical thing, its the supporters' backing- knowing that tens of thousands of people are cheering for *you* is bound to have an impact on any human being. We must not forget that half(!) of our qualifying games are at home, so if we can consistently perform at a different level at home(thus picking up more points), coupled with picking up some points away, we'll be a very productive and feared team.

The recent qualifying match between USA and El Salvador(EL Salvador completely dominated USA and scored 2 in the first half, only to let it slip to a 2-2 draw) was a good example of how much an impact the crowd can have on the game. Goal.com even ran a story attesting to the impact the crowd had on the match and the performance of their team(and lack thereof on USA's part). Another example of the crowd's impact on the games result is Iran and their home games in the Azadi stadium. Teams FEAR going to play Iran there, and watching Iran's record at that stadium, you would swear they were Brazil in disguise.  Search Azadi Stadium on Youtube.

Trinidadians, we must be a nation of leaders and not followers. We can talk when its about trivial things, but when times come around that our voice can have an impact and make a difference, said voice vanishes. Why when I'm cheering at the top of my lungs for OUR team, I get people watching me like," Why he doesn't stay quiet like everyone else around him?" and others looking at each other as if to say,"You start cheering first,"and,"I'm only one person, what difference can my  one voice make?" So what naturally followed was that everyone in the stadium said that, and the result was silence, save the Carib rhythm section. I'm sure some people around the stadium were itching to cheer more, but they couldn't pull out of themselves the will to be different from everyone around them, and in that not care. That is to lead.

What I saw at that stadium was a cross section of the nation, and their actions was an indictment on us as a people- a part explanation of why we face some of the issues we do in this country. As individuals, we don't recognize worth of ourselves as a person, the worth and impact our one voice(i.e.you are important, no matter how many time people say you're too black,white,skinny,fat) can have on other people and on the world(think Mahatma Gandhi, Martin Luther King Jr), and the change we can make by individually leading the way, by being the change. :)

Don't think I'm excusing the management and Maturana's questionable "organisation" of the team, and the players' sometimes less than stellar performances. I'm just saying we as supporters and a people have look at the man in the mirror also.

Take care out there everyone.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2009, 05:19:58 PM by Peter »

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: I am just disgusted with our so-called football "supporters".
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2009, 12:47:53 AM »
Bredder i know how yuh feeling! it's not easy being ah T&T football supporter! it's 30 yrs now i supporting and ah still want tuh support some more, despite the set backs and JW.             positive
« Last Edit: March 30, 2009, 01:11:32 AM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2009, 01:04:55 AM »
 ???
www.westindiantube.com

Check it out - it real bad!

Offline Peter

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2009, 01:35:06 AM »
Thanks just cool(poster's name), cool to see I have some support with my views, thought first comment was going to be kind of negative. Take care brother!

Offline Consultant

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2009, 01:38:56 AM »
I'm with you too on this one Peter. Welcome to the forum  :beermug:

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2009, 01:56:05 AM »
Thanks just cool(poster's name), cool to see I have some support with my views, thought first comment was going to be kind of negative. Take care brother!

I've gone to TnT matches in the States and in Trini and it is quite apparent that the supporters in foreign are far more vocal than the ones at home. Sad but true.
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2009, 02:02:45 AM »
Convo going on over here too...click on the link to follow.

We does never have a stadium rocking like virtually every other footballing nation.  Yet man does want to talk about TnT being a footballing nation.  Football not in deez people blood.

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2009, 06:24:02 AM »
First game you ever went to in Trinidad I take it?
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2009, 06:26:44 AM »

Cosign
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2009, 07:36:54 AM »
dread ah time me and meh father try to make some noise, two girl and some women look around at we as if like WTF alyuh doing cheering, as if is a big joke, stueps. it was the Bahrain game.
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2009, 07:44:40 AM »

Cosign

In build-up to our next home game the TTFF should make an advert about how to be a proper Warrior Supporter to use as part of the campaign. We don't need to go as far as to encourage our crowd to throw things on the field at opponent players like what the El Salvador supporters did to make our players uncomfortable in the 2-2 draw we suffered there.

However we definitely need to educate our supporters about their duty to cheer our players when we have the ball & to even boo the opponents players when they have the ball. This is most acceptable in a World Cup Qualification match as its literally a war and opponents should not feel at home in our house!!
If we want to show opponents our Trini hospitality then we can show them after the game once we have made them uncomfortable during the match and assured ourselves victory!!

An educational programme or TV advert is needed in the build-up to our home games. No point us having 25,000 Trinbagonians packed into our stadium behaving like they come to church and only being there like they come to watch a movie that they have no influence on!

But then again today is Shouter Baptist Day and them folks rell rell noisy to the extent that they were even banned in the past for making too much noise in their outdoor church services. So maybe we should give the Shouter Baptist and dem free or discount tickets to our T&T home games as we can guarantee they would be making loads ah noise and ringing loud bell and thing!!
In fact we can even encourage the Shouter Baptist and dem to be ringing bell and talking in tongues and thing outside our opponents hotel in the build-up to our home games! They could be dancing around a photo of our opponents team with their heads banned and candles in they hand, stamping and ketching power and talking in tongues!!
Let our opponents see that on TV before they head down to the stadium and be told our Shouter Baptist are simply saying a prayer for you to come out of that stadium ALIVE!!!   ;D
Then let their worst nightmare come thu when they hear that the Shouter Baptist have a big-big section in the stadium right behind their bench where their players have to sit and it will be enough bell ringing and talking in tongues and thing to make sure their players know what happening to them and their families back home if T&T doh win this game!! :idea: :devil:  :rotfl:

Wishing a Happy Shouter Baptist Day to all Spiritual Shouter Baptist on the forum!! Ring the bell for Victory!! 8)
« Last Edit: March 30, 2009, 08:07:03 AM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2009, 07:51:15 AM »
I eh go post verbatim what ah say in d next post b4 lefty cuss meh but really now. D lime sat was at d HCS what support u talkin bout when u spend whole day by d hairdresser fixin yuh weave. U watchin 4 d rain not what on d field.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline jr sams

• Hero Warrior
  • Every time....all de time....true to form
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2009, 10:49:16 AM »

I've gone to TnT matches in the States and in Trini and it is quite apparent that the supporters in foreign are far more vocal than the ones at home. Sad but true.
Same thing up here in Toronto. Years ago TnT played Canada in Varsity stadium. Majority of the stadium was supporting Canada, but we had a corner wit de riddim section and was behind de team all de way. TnT lost 1-0 but the support never died and every chance, every tackle, beat, shot, de boys get a hard cheer. At the end of the game, the boys gave us a salute...and the vibes was nice.
well yes

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2009, 10:52:20 AM »

Same thing up here in Toronto. Years ago TnT played Canada in Varsity stadium. Majority of the stadium was supporting Canada, but we had a corner wit de riddim section and was behind de team all de way. TnT lost 1-0 but the support never died and every chance, every tackle, beat, shot, de boys get a hard cheer. At the end of the game, the boys gave us a salute...and the vibes was nice.

Lets b honest all yuh glad 4 d lime and all yuh like all yuh football. At home d masses just glad 4 d lime.

Offline trini warrior

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2009, 11:22:11 AM »
welcome to trinbago my friend. i was in covered stands once & a high ranking police official (out of uniform) start dipping in his waist for handcuffs because i standing and 'blocking him' when we have a free kick or corner.

fans act like they at an opera - taking in a performance - just clap when they hit a high note - and a couple oohs & aahs when the plot changes

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2009, 12:37:06 PM »
#1 the stadium is not a football friendly stadium. The fans are so far away they need a stadium like the Marvin Lee Stadium where you on top of the action. with a jumbotron too like what they have over the kfc and a new one on government campus . but too late you can't build that now.  anyways

but this is what the TTFF can do:
lets be fair. most of the waggonist are of a class of people that just come for the lime and be in the "scene".  If we want a more vocal football loving class the have to lower the tickets and the heads arent doing that.  We're having the same problems here at Giants stadium football game in the there is a class of people that go their just to sit and watch the.  The survey shows they are mostly older 50 years+, middle to upper class, retirees/ cooporate workers.  They are very quiet and quick to tell people who stand in front of them to sit.  Its all a signs of the times that as ticket prices rises mostly those types of people can buy these tickets for these types of event.

To combat this the New York Giants puts out a media campaign to boldly tell the people "get loud".  Don't insult them by saying that they are quiet but Advertisement with the players and coaches urging people to get loud.  Shaun Fuentes should get his camera and start it with Latapy, Yorke, Carlos, Kenwyne, Birchall, Maturana (saying it in english and spanish, and even Jack Warner himself (you know he'll be happy to be on TV), etc saying "All yuh bring ah bottle and spoon, air-horns, drums, thunder sticks, spirit, and anything. We need your support and noise". Play this commercial with the selling tickets commercial on tv, newspapers, anything.  
It will work. TTFF have to be bold with the recent happenings

I dont have the video but this is a similar one but instead they were saying "Come on Giants fans. Get Loud.. We need you". You get the idea
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/hGnAnrjTPyw" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/hGnAnrjTPyw</a>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hGnAnrjTPyw

The DJ at the stadium plays a big part too in reving the crowd.  And give out more promotional rags to wave and thunders sticks as well.

Start the campain

« Last Edit: March 30, 2009, 12:41:06 PM by Babalawo »

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2009, 12:47:37 PM »
good post, i hate watchin games in hasley, imho, too quiet, people might as well stay home and watch the match on tv, they may even make more noise there, the people who go the matches are not 100% supporters, they are volkswaggonists, if the game was in foreign, real noise would be making, ex pats more patriotic when supporting the team, sorry to say but its true, i remember organizing a big lime in toronto for last qualifying, riddim section come in, man and woman bawling, women wining during the match, ole talk passing, u couldnt even hear the commentary, men and women home sorf when come to supporting

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2009, 12:56:26 PM »
We have we own thing stop trying to follow other people.

Hush your ass and stop making noise during the game, Men pay money to watch football not hear you talk.

At the end of the day every culture is different and you have to be yourself.

If we thing is to sit down and be quiet then so be it. Doh stree yourself.

Trust me crowd support not affecting these teams on the field, They used to playing in more noise that we can ever make. It does not affect them, positive or negative

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2009, 01:02:54 PM »
knd2 since yuh put it so nicely i aint going to waste mi money to travel from bago to trini to watch an next game . i have seen the light.
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline Oz

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2009, 01:05:10 PM »
The waggonists are not fans, they are spectators (defined as observers of an event).  True FANaticS vocally and enthusiastically support their team.  If people paying money to enter a stadium to just watch their team play, they better off staying home and watching it on TV where they will get all the commentary, analysis, and replays.  Better yet they could even record the game so they could WATCH it without interruption.  

HCS spectators should stop wasting time, space (seats) and money in the future unless they prepared and committed to play the 12th man role. Sometimes it means that you may not see and analyze the game as carefully as you would like, but that is what videos are for.  I am sure many posters here would agree that they only really "SAW" a game they attended after the fact on video.  A World Cup Qualifier is an event where everyone present on the day has a role to play, and when you pay to sit in a stadium seat, your role is not to be quiet and analytical (due regard to Touches), but to make noise and bawl for your team.  

To paraphrase David Rudder:  "If you stand up like a Moo-Moo the opponents go jam you.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2009, 01:07:00 PM »
knd2 since yuh put it so nicely i aint going to waste mi money to travel from bago to trini to watch an next game . i have seen the light.

I realize long time it have people u jus doh take on, u jus have leave it alone an' assume real man on here geh drop on dey head as babies
I pity the fool....

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2009, 01:11:09 PM »
The waggonists are not fans, they are spectators (defined as observers of an event).  True FANaticS vocally and enthusiastically support their team.  If people paying money to enter a stadium to just watch their team play, they better off staying home and watching it on TV where they will get all the commentary, analysis, and replays.  Better yet they could even record the game so they could WATCH it without interruption.  

HCS spectators should stop wasting time, space (seats) and money in the future unless they prepared and committed to play the 12th man role. Sometimes it means that you may not see and analyze the game as carefully as you would like, but that is what videos are for.  I am sure many posters here would agree that they only really "SAW" a game they attended after the fact on video.  A World Cup Qualifier is an event where everyone present on the day has a role to play, and when you pay to sit in a stadium seat, your role is not to be quiet and analytical (due regard to Touches), but to make noise and bawl for your team.  

To paraphrase David Rudder:  "If you stand up like a Moo-Moo the opponents go jam you.

So all yuh tellin peeps where 2 lime. Is like d peeps who does go panorama 2 lime and not listen 2 pan is dey right.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2009, 01:12:49 PM by weary1969 »

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 30, 2009, 01:17:28 PM »
#1 the stadium is not a football friendly stadium. The fans are so far away they need a stadium like the Marvin Lee Stadium where you on top of the action. with a jumbotron too like what they have over the kfc and a new one on government campus . but too late you can't build that now.  anyways

but this is what the TTFF can do:
lets be fair. most of the waggonist are of a class of people that just come for the lime and be in the "scene".  If we want a more vocal football loving class the have to lower the tickets and the heads arent doing that.  We're having the same problems here at Giants stadium football game in the there is a class of people that go their just to sit and watch the.  The survey shows they are mostly older 50 years+, middle to upper class, retirees/ cooporate workers.  They are very quiet and quick to tell people who stand in front of them to sit.  Its all a signs of the times that as ticket prices rises mostly those types of people can buy these tickets for these types of event.

To combat this the New York Giants puts out a media campaign to boldly tell the people "get loud".  Don't insult them by saying that they are quiet but Advertisement with the players and coaches urging people to get loud.  Shaun Fuentes should get his camera and start it with Latapy, Yorke, Carlos, Kenwyne, Birchall, Maturana (saying it in english and spanish, and even Jack Warner himself (you know he'll be happy to be on TV), etc saying "All yuh bring ah bottle and spoon, air-horns, drums, thunder sticks, spirit, and anything. We need your support and noise". Play this commercial with the selling tickets commercial on tv, newspapers, anything.  
It will work. TTFF have to be bold with the recent happenings

I dont have the video but this is a similar one but instead they were saying "Come on Giants fans. Get Loud.. We need you". You get the idea
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/hGnAnrjTPyw" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/hGnAnrjTPyw</a>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hGnAnrjTPyw

The DJ at the stadium plays a big part too in reving the crowd.  And give out more promotional rags to wave and thunders sticks as well.

Start the campain

I remember during a Uof Memphis game at the FedEx forum during time outs, the DJ?announcer would run "ads" with the players saying " Hey you, you Memphis fans, STAND UP, GET LOUD, LETS GO!!!!!" and it hypes the crowd.

Good Idea.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline trinbago

• Hero Warrior
  • Warrior For Life !!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 30, 2009, 01:33:14 PM »
Here is another 1 for the records....When I was in Germany-WC for the last game in Kaiserslautern against Paraguay....I will admit there were shouts and chants when the big names came on(Latas) also the anthem etc...but overall for a WC (we talkin bout WC here) my section was quiet....people watchin the game like dey watchin the US Open in Arthur Ash when the umpire does tell everyone hush !!

Anyways, I could not be bothered....I was bawlin my lungs out....the seat ah pay for break with all the noise and ruction I was makin....the german security guard come and stand up next to meh an watchin meh cross eye...then he take away meh fog horn....

Now and not sayin everyone must get on so....but I jus think we as Trinis should try to be more outwardly passionate when supporting our team...yuh know..like when yuh in ah Chutney fete and nobody could hold yuh back or like how yuh does get on Jouvert mornin..........
Warrior For Life !!

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 30, 2009, 01:35:29 PM »
Here is another 1 for the records....When I was in Germany-WC for the last game in Kaiserslautern against Paraguay....I will admit there were shouts and chants when the big names came on(Latas) also the anthem etc...but overall for a WC (we talkin bout WC here) my section was quiet....people watchin the game like dey watchin the US Open in Arthur Ash when the umpire does tell everyone hush !!

Anyways, I could not be bothered....I was bawlin my lungs out....the seat ah pay for break with all the noise and ruction I was makin....the german security guard come and stand up next to meh an watchin meh cross eye...then he take away meh fog horn....

Now and not sayin everyone must get on so....but I jus think we as Trinis should try to be more outwardly passionate when supporting our team...yuh know..like when yuh in ah Chutney fete and nobody could hold yuh back or like how yuh does get on Jouvert mornin..........

Chutney fete and jouvert mornin dem is oui passion.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #25 on: March 30, 2009, 01:39:47 PM »

the problem was, all the trini supporters were to spread out in kaiserslaturn but i still make noise, ttcom and dem fellahs was liming with me, we was loud, but say wha, back home too sorf

Offline Oz

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 30, 2009, 03:14:09 PM »
Weary, that is exactly what I saying.  Panorama  is more a lime than listening to pan anyway.  If yuh really want to listen to pan you will hear it better on the television.  If yuh want to support yuh panside and "influence" the judges yuh go Panorama with your posse.  If Panorama was about listening to pan Fonclaire woulda beat Renegades with Pan by Storm back in 1990.

Look at trouble I start now. ;D ;D ;)

Offline Sentinel

• Full Warrior
  • Adapt, Improvise and Overcome
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 30, 2009, 03:44:49 PM »

Ah listen to alot ah lot of suggestions made by posters that are well intended.  I have a suggestion also.  Can someone also explain to players that they also need to interact with supporters.

I remember when Jabloteh was playing Fire in Chicago at Soldiers field.  Man giving we fellahs a big bligh....We players looking at we like dey doh know we.  Deh doh have to know we personally....but oh god man....ge we ah hail to nah!

But den again....them fellahs probably could not raise deh hand.  It probably was too cold.  They did wear gloves that day.

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 30, 2009, 03:47:56 PM »
We have we own thing stop trying to follow other people.

Hush your ass and stop making noise during the game, Men pay money to watch football not hear you talk.

At the end of the day every culture is different and you have to be yourself.

If we thing is to sit down and be quiet then so be it. Doh stree yourself.

Trust me crowd support not affecting these teams on the field, They used to playing in more noise that we can ever make. It does not affect them, positive or negative

Come on man. Every athlete will tell you that they are inspired by vociferous crowd support. Maybe professional opponents are less likely to be intimidated when in enemy territory, but I really believe strong support can only help our cause
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 30, 2009, 03:50:58 PM »
If the some of the fans used to support teams in the local PFL, the vocal support would be natural. Most of them only their for the occasion. After that,  they could care less about Mau-pau etc. Fan support is cultural. Culture start from the roots. The roots of football starts with club and school football. Revive those two aspect and we will see more vocal support.

But I am lambasting our fans. At least 20,000 showed up. Lets be thankful. Another thing also,  the guys on the field are not inspiartional. Only when Latas came on we heard the roar of the crowd. TTFF has to put out a better product for the crowd to cheer.

1]; } ?>