March 28, 2024, 03:54:27 AM

Author Topic: I could ask alyuh something bout Keon Daniel  (Read 4779 times)

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
I could ask alyuh something bout Keon Daniel
« on: March 30, 2009, 09:26:14 AM »
Every man jack here does say he playing out of position...oh how we wasting him...he true talent is the middle. How he is a central midfielder, he better on the inside.

Alyuh see dat for alyuhself or alyuh just bumping alyuh gum and drinking the cool aid.

How much of alyuh ever see him play center midfield?...be honest who went pro league game and see him there.

Now I ent make no proleague game and see him in no center midfield...but..I must be went all the national team game since he on the scene and I NEVER see him play dey.

Why would a coach knowing he is a central midfield player and given the competition he have for central mid spots not play him there.

Worse yet how the arse he could be a central midfielder and cyar tackle, head or have the work rate that the position requires to be effective.

Finally....d man get over 10 games for TT on the wing...yuh mean to say you cyar make the adjustment yet and tweak yuh game to make yuhself better in the position that yuh training and sweating in all the time. Something hadda be wrong.

Is he only dey cause we have no other player who could play left wing?

Is he too talented to leave off the team and that is the only spot we could use his talents?

Is it because he cyar make in the middle vs Hyland, Yorke, Birchall, Leon, Theobold?

Is it cause from coach Corneal-Maturana-Latapy doh see it fit to put him there?

Is it we do not play the correct system to fit him in behind the strikers?

Wha it is...alyuh kill this daniel being wasted on the wing talk nah and stop looking for excuse for the player.

Yuh have a position to claim and make yuh own, yuh have things to work on..do so and lift yuh level.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: I could ask alyuh something bout Keon Daniel
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2009, 09:30:08 AM »
Keon need 2 do what Hyland do head 2 Piarco/Crown Pt and improve. He headin 4 d list of players wit promise dat never really fulfill. All kind a player signin wit club but u eh nutten bout he. 
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2009, 09:33:17 AM »
Every man jack here does say he playing out of position...oh how we wasting him...he true talent is the middle. How he is a central midfielder, he better on the inside.

Alyuh see dat for alyuhself or alyuh just bumping alyuh gum and drinking the cool aid.

How much of alyuh ever see him play center midfield?...be honest who went pro league game and see him there.

Now I ent make no proleague game and see him in no center midfield...but..I must be went all the national team game since he on the scene and I NEVER see him play dey.

Why would a coach knowing he is a central midfield player and given the competition he have for central mid spots not play him there.

Worse yet how the arse he could be a central midfielder and cyar tackle, head or have the work rate that the position requires to be effective.

Finally....d man get over 10 games for TT on the wing...yuh mean to say you cyar make the adjustment yet and tweak yuh game to make yuhself better in the position that yuh training and sweating in all the time. Something hadda be wrong.

Is he too talented to leave off the team and that is the only spot we could use his talents?

Is it because he cyar make in the middle vs Hyland, Yorke, Birchall, Leon, Theobold?

Wha it is...alyuh kill this daniel being wasted on the wing talk nah and stop looking for excuse for the player.

Yuh have a position to claim and make yuh own, yuh have things to work on..do so and lift yuh level.

It obvious that he took his foot off the gas.  Typical of young players getting hype over small thing.
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2009, 09:33:48 AM »

Cosign

It obvious that he took his foot off the gas.  Typical of young players getting hype over small thing.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline noize

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2009, 09:56:37 AM »
I think this youth has a lot of skill and can become a true midfield general in time...however he is young,truly inexperienced, still learning his position,and not playing regularly on any team. Without him having regular games his lack of confidence shows sometimes and he lacks true conviction on defence. If he gets a club  and is playing regularly he should play to his potential...look at Hyland's effort in such a short period of time because of his regular playing time at a club now.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2009, 09:58:54 AM »

I've seen him play central midfield for his school Signal Hill.  He BOSSED the midfield then and it was then that both SH and myself pronounced him to be a very special talent.

Never seen him play for Petrotrin so not in a position to say, but I believe it's primarily because he is naturally left footed is why he's being played in the wide left midfield position on the national team.

As for the central midfield position, I think we tend to get tie up as to what is the true function of that position.  In different teams, diffferent players fulfill different roles.  In the days of the Brazil 82 team, Socrates was the central midfielder for that team.  Socrates thought a tackle was something yuh would take wit yuh to fish.  But he was the fulcrum through which the majority of attacking movement took place in that team.  Today that role of the central midfielder has shifted to one where the primary role is not to be the attacking fulcrum.  That role now goes to the "attacking midfielder".  Someone who plays just behind the striker(s).  Players like Kaka, Ronaldinho, Zidane, etc fulfill that role today.  A SOMEWHAT classical modern central midfielder is Andrea Pirlo who initiates attack but remains grounded around the centre of midfield.

At thje end of the day, is about using the players you have in positions of need.  I do believe there is validity in your observation that Daniel might be selected because he is "too talented" not to select.  In the same way that people claim that Stephen Gerard is a wide midfielder for his club, has great success there, but when he plays for England, he's being played in the middle of the park and has significantly less success.

As weary say Keon Daniel, needs to leave Trinidad to improve and get regular playing time.  Problem is, the only place for him to showcase his abilities is with the National team and he's been having a lean time of it of late.  It also doesn't help when you're accustomed to being assertive with the national team, plays drawn up for you, you're the primary free kick taker in practice and practice matches and when foreign based players come back, they shoo you away (including de man you look up to), eedah take ALL de free kick deyself or allow dey padnah to come and blaze free kick over de bar when dem never score a free kick in dem life.  It bound to affect your confidence as well.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2009, 10:00:50 AM by palos »
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2009, 09:59:31 AM »
I think this youth has a lot of skill and can become a true midfield general in time...however he is young,truly inexperienced, still learning his position,and not playing regularly on any team. Without him having regular games his lack of confidence shows sometimes and he lacks true conviction on defence. If he gets a club  and is playing regularly he should play to his potential...look at Hyland's effort in such a short period of time because of his regular playing time at a club now.

Co sign sign 4 Granville if betta cyah b done u go b playin u sure 2 strt on dat team.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2009, 11:45:25 AM by weary1969 »

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2009, 11:42:18 AM »
ok... let me tell you that right now Keon is getting the .."ok..yuh have ah left foot...so go wide left"...

and I see him play for school,.club and tnt u-20s at central mid... and yes  he is most comfy there...
but i agree he needs to make adjustments and work on his role...

stupid comparasion here...but if i go for a fete match and de man say to me go left back...is home i going yes...lol..

ah next ting lots of people here dont know bout skilla... and i am very close with one of his best friend's ( tobago also)... he doh give ah fu#k bout nothing....and not like ah bad boy eh... more like a loner type...since he small..plus worse when he lost a close family member..then he break he foot...

this is the longest he playing football for... dont be ever suprised if he just walks away one day...

another fact..this from anton corneal...he had to put skilla to sit down ...and dicuss with him being an important  part of the previous U-20 team ( if he wants)...that went to Mexico..
him and Guerra had to sit and listen to anton...

and I saw the matches... skilla and guerra were the 2 outstanding tnt players...touch and ability and looked the part...

touches...it have some good centre mids who doh tackle and head,,,yuh talk bout one in yuh match report...
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2009, 11:44:14 AM »
and yea...he really need to get out... having said that...when some kids go out and not get it...some does sink dey head...but that is a whole next thread...
keep going skilla...

Offline trinikev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2009, 12:05:55 PM »
I also saw him as a central midfielder for SH and the U-20's. And notice Touches, I had said in your other thread that I think he would best serve as an ATTACKING CM, as i noted that he has defensive deficiencies. However the boy clearly have something that could more serve the team in attack. Think of some of the big names at attacking CM.....Ronaldinho, Kaka, Riquelme, Ribery, even Latas, etc...how much defending them does do? I actually liken Daniel to a Riquelme type, obviously not as skilled, but skillful and composed on the ball, not pacy, with a good shot. He only playing on the left for the NT because he naturally left footed, and we have plenty central options already.
I support all Soca Warriors....Red, White and Blacklist

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2009, 12:09:41 PM »
I think i go enough pro league games to have an idea on where to play skilla

the central midfield in pro leageu however is far easier to boss than one in international competition and in petrotrin everything was goin through him so he was always on the ball always doin his thing

i think ideally the competiton for places high and he left footed and skilled as touches say so out on the left is a nice plce to put him............in pro he keeps more of a reverted stroker role very close up top chippin in with a out a box bullet now an again.

a nice middle for usa cud be              

hyland   birchall  theobald  edwards

skilla

with any one a d strikers on toop
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

Offline Socafan

• Hero Warrior
  • Sweet sweet T&T.Oh how ah luvup mi Country
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2009, 01:52:30 PM »
Personnally I see GREATNESS in that youth. Allyuh must watch how he controls the ball easy, easy and dead on the spot close to foot; AND when he runs with the ball, it is always very close to foot like all the great players. Very hard to tackle.

AND I sure plenty of allyuh see him hit the ball at goal not only from a dead spot, which I will say he is the best man on the team to do, but on the run in the course of play....he has a quick mind and shot.

But this is all when he plays in the middle high up the pitch. THE MAN IS NOT BEING UTILIZED CORRECTLY, however, I suppose they stick him on the left side because of the composition of the team. And I eh like that friend thing with Yorke and them. Just because of that, Yorke need to stay banned, Latapy need to stay on the sidelines and Stern...well me eh know, he is an enigma. (Just thought I'd stick that in.)

I personally would stick him in Latapys role and send sombody else out left yes....just to see what happens. Bet yuh he score some amazing goals from there.

All the best to the youth. Hope yuh head back to England soon.
Two islands are better than one.

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2009, 02:00:06 PM »
ok... let me tell you that right now Keon is getting the .."ok..yuh have ah left foot...so go wide left"...

and I see him play for school,.club and tnt u-20s at central mid... and yes  he is most comfy there...
but i agree he needs to make adjustments and work on his role...

stupid comparasion here...but if i go for a fete match and de man say to me go left back...is home i going yes...lol..

ah next ting lots of people here dont know bout skilla... and i am very close with one of his best friend's ( tobago also)... he doh give ah fu#k bout nothing....and not like ah bad boy eh... more like a loner type...since he small..plus worse when he lost a close family member..then he break he foot...

this is the longest he playing football for... dont be ever suprised if he just walks away one day...

another fact..this from anton corneal...he had to put skilla to sit down ...and dicuss with him being an important  part of the previous U-20 team ( if he wants)...that went to Mexico..
him and Guerra had to sit and listen to anton...

and I saw the matches... skilla and guerra were the 2 outstanding tnt players...touch and ability and looked the part...

touches...it have some good centre mids who doh tackle and head,,,yuh talk bout one in yuh match report...

I like this! the most difficult thing for anyone in football is to truly identify potential. What always cross my mind is how the player will perform with a complementary supporting cast. I always remember Pele going to Cosmos for the first time and any old timer will tell you, he looked very ordinary. Why because he was making runs and no balls were coming, he gave a pass looking for the return & the receiver could not deal with it or simply could not deliver. This is why so many players move clubs and all of a sudden you notice them, Viera, Henry, Macherano come to mind. It may have something to do with the demands made on the player. Some coaches are great at getting the best out of an individuals qualities, while others simply cannot make them fit. In my own limited view I see Daniel as being a player maker in front of the defense, flanked by two players with a high work rate. His main task to connect the back line with the midfield, always being available and keep the ball possession flowing left, right & forward. Defensively he plugs the gap and tries to pick off the passes to the opposition strikers. If asked to do that I can see him enjoying his football more, but wide players are sometimes isolated for long periods and dependent on service. If his mentality is as described, I cannot see us seeing the best of him if he is placed wide.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2009, 02:40:49 PM »
Daniel needs good guidance in terms of applying his skills on the field of play. But he needs to work on his physical and stamina.

Offline sub1

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2009, 02:53:29 PM »
I have my opinion only on what I have seen so far and it aint pretty. However I am willing to reserve final judgement until I see him in the central midfield role. I do see some of the skill that many on the board speak about but it is few and far between. Also I dont know if my eyes are deceiving me but he seems very slow but then again so was Valderrama. Pacho should know a thing or two about that.

He has not convinced me that he is the future but he is too young to be written off. So for me the jury is still out.

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2009, 02:59:32 PM »
he is one ah d best threats going fwd i honestly believe he dont take on players enough. the defensive aspects definitely need improvement.  there are a few offensive players  who are deficient in defence that have managed  to do well latapy  and ronaldo springs to mind but thats not  relevant here. we dont play  a manu formation where some1 picks up ronaldo's defensive shift.

so skilla u have to wuk on yuh defence brother. as i said long b4 his limited defence is wat keeping him from getting a descent foreign contract
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline saga pinto

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2009, 03:33:05 PM »

I've seen him play central midfield for his school Signal Hill.  He BOSSED the midfield then and it was then that both SH and myself pronounced him to be a very special talent.

Never seen him play for Petrotrin so not in a position to say, but I believe it's primarily because he is naturally left footed is why he's being played in the wide left midfield position on the national team.

As for the central midfield position, I think we tend to get tie up as to what is the true function of that position.  In different teams, diffferent players fulfill different roles.  In the days of the Brazil 82 team, Socrates was the central midfielder for that team.  Socrates thought a tackle was something yuh would take wit yuh to fish.  But he was the fulcrum through which the majority of attacking movement took place in that team.  Today that role of the central midfielder has shifted to one where the primary role is not to be the attacking fulcrum.  That role now goes to the "attacking midfielder".  Someone who plays just behind the striker(s).  Players like Kaka, Ronaldinho, Zidane, etc fulfill that role today.  A SOMEWHAT classical modern central midfielder is Andrea Pirlo who initiates attack but remains grounded around the centre of midfield.

At thje end of the day, is about using the players you have in positions of need.  I do believe there is validity in your observation that Daniel might be selected because he is "too talented" not to select.  In the same way that people claim that Stephen Gerard is a wide midfielder for his club, has great success there, but when he plays for England, he's being played in the middle of the park and has significantly less success.

As weary say Keon Daniel, needs to leave Trinidad to improve and get regular playing time.  Problem is, the only place for him to showcase his abilities is with the National team and he's been having a lean time of it of late.  It also doesn't help when you're accustomed to being assertive with the national team, plays drawn up for you, you're the primary free kick taker in practice and practice matches and when foreign based players come back, they shoo you away (including de man you look up to), eedah take ALL de free kick deyself or allow dey padnah to come and blaze free kick over de bar when dem never score a free kick in dem life.  It bound to affect your confidence as well.

Socrates use to tackle,daniel doh run back or tackle end of story...

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2009, 03:35:14 PM »

A gyul maybe.  Certainly not anybody on de field.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2009, 05:07:07 PM »

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm dat drink u does b sharing.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2009, 05:18:28 PM »

Socrates is one a my all time favourite players.  Love him to death.  But he wuss dan Leonson Lewis in de tacklin dept.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2009, 06:38:00 PM »

Socrates is one a my all time favourite players.  Love him to death.  But he wuss dan Leonson Lewis in de tacklin dept.

Mind as well until d penalty miss in 86 v France dat was a real dagger in meh young heart.

Offline richpy

• Sr. Warrior
  • *Marta is ah boss*
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2009, 07:00:49 PM »

If, as men saying here, Daniel does only play in the middle, then it kinda harsh to expect him to play like Carlos out wide. To do that, he have to work 3 times as hard. Playing a wing with no wing-experience is not easy.

Is real pressure for a man to be playing centre midfield all his career, then switch to wing for a international WCQ.
Big international superstars does dig horrors to switch positions, but they can do it because of the level they play at day-in, day-out.

Men ketching dey tail to play their customary positions, it kinda hard to expect a man to pick up a new position overnight. However, ff he could master it on the run, he'll show himself to be ready for a higher level.

« Last Edit: March 30, 2009, 07:09:33 PM by richpy »
Ketch footballitis

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 30, 2009, 07:07:06 PM »

If, as men saying here, Daniel does only play in the middle, then it kinda harsh to expect him to play like Carlos out wide. To do that, he have to work 3 times as hard.

Kinda hard for a man to be playing centre midfield all his career, then switch to wing for a international WCQ.
Big international superstars does dig horrors to switch positions, but they can do it because they train at  a high level day-in, day-out.

Men ketching dey tail to play their customary positions, it kinda hard to expect a man to pick up a new position overnight.

Remember dis coach playin Wolfe in d defence so Keon betta learn 2 adjust.

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 30, 2009, 10:13:50 PM »
Keon is a very talented player who I think needs some grooming at the international level. As a youngster he made an impressive start for T&T but right now we need most players behind the ball in defence and ball winners in the center of the park. If we had generals in the back line with a solid defensive mid and wide players who can track back then we can put a player like Keon in the center to showcase his magic but at the moment from what I'm seeing, he's best suited for us on the left since we have to place players in positions that can help the team the most. I'm not saying he wont be a good central mid but he should embrace playing on the left and gain experience at this level because in a couple years he might be the man our offense flows through.

Offline Gazza

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 30, 2009, 10:42:50 PM »
Aye Skilla is a boss. If Mats only leggo he in the attacking mid he go mash up de place. he real dangerous dey. Allyuh think he slow. when one have touches like he they allways seem to have more time than anybody else. See zidane. But skilla is ah boss. We put him in the middle south africa for sure. Great shot 90% accuracy makes room for himself easily. distribution magnificent. And for geezanages why dem fool an dem dont leave him to kick all the dead balls, corners everything.

Offline trinbago

• Hero Warrior
  • Warrior For Life !!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 30, 2009, 11:15:13 PM »

Touches, purely from a logic standpoint, according to you Latas should not be on the field.....he does not have any of the above..

Daniel should be playin just in front of Hyland...right behind the striker and linking the midfield...from that position he can also run at the defence, create chances for the strikers, and unleash he deadly left foot...
Warrior For Life !!

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 30, 2009, 11:48:32 PM »
a lot of "big players" were recently asked to play wide....joe cole...dinho...allyuh feel shwinestiger and all ah dem is natural wide players...thats the point touches "also" making

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 31, 2009, 06:12:50 AM »
a lot of "big players" were recently asked to play wide....joe cole...dinho...allyuh feel shwinestiger and all ah dem is natural wide players...thats the point touches "also" making

Good point.  And all a dem playin wit massive clubs dat have serious infrastructure, support and resources.  Cole struggle mightily to adjust.  Dinho plays wide but he eh trackin back or tacklin.  Schweine is a big player but he too has his struggles out wide on occasion. 

Skilla doin de bess he can but I FEEL because of dat "loner type mentality" yuh talk bout, he eh go demand de ball or tell Yorke, Carlos & Stern to HDMC when dey come wit dey dotishness.  He go jes shrug he shoulders, withdraw, and play within heself.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 31, 2009, 08:02:28 AM »
yuh know I have no serious issue with how or where he playing, tho I could see he have more in him...would love to see him in his preferred position as ppl indicate...alas we can't have 3 attacking mids...as stated before, I think the left side do a good job, not great, but decent..
It's ok, to leave the greatness for the middle, and right where our experience lie, and just maintain the left for now, as the left become more experienced, it will just take the team to another level....of course they will make mistakes, everybody does, as long as they learn from them and keep improving, it's all good...the way some ppl call for others is like they won't ever make no mistake....ignorance...take well enuff an improve it...if it not improving, then change......buh every game that left side improving, whether they should have been there in the 1st place is debatable, buh doh change dem and start over now....Leave Daniel and Edwards, let dem room and eat together, let dem them communicate...buh doh juggle now...even if they become the best left side in the world, they would still make mistakes, we have to stand behind dem still

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 31, 2009, 10:00:31 AM »
...alas we can't have 3 attacking mids...

The funny thing is, until Latas came on it didn't look like we had any attacking mids
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

1]; } ?>