April 27, 2024, 07:16:47 PM

Author Topic: If the WCQs were held outside T&T in North America, support would be 100% better  (Read 12844 times)

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
In all honesty, i have been too many games in hasley and also the oval, to tell you the truth, support home is sorf, real sorf...

for example ah normal football lime to watch T&T play in toronto or new york, music blasting, riddum section, women wining during the match, people bawling, nobody quiet, drinks passing, ole talk passing, people chanting, yuh dont even need to hear commentary, yuh listening to the talk right dey.

If a game was played in giants stadium or bmo field in toronto, i could imagine how many trinis from toronto, montreal, the tri state area on the whole will be there and it would be opposite to the trinidad atmosphere, 12th man is joke, it would a 13th man also, i find and i hate to admit this, but foreign based trinis support more.

Look at the thread for the US game, man driving and flying in to see the team, that is patriotism, unlike at home, allyuh does take things for granted. There are very few who are real supporters, the rest just pretenders oui. No wonder them hondurans feel at home.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2009, 01:00:45 PM by Controversial »

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
we have about three other active threads dealing with T&T fan support...this could be merged..

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
All ah all yuh just wavin d flag because all yuh out ah TNT.  patriotism does rise once yuh out of d air space. It have nuff Trinbgonians who not into football eh know d team  in Nashville
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline rickstaa

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
All ah all yuh just wavin d flag because all yuh out ah TNT.  patriotism does rise once yuh out of d air space. It have nuff Trinbgonians who not into football eh know d team  in Nashville
that is  so true....................

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
The US thread is long because most of the posters here are not local based. Many of those posters who only see T&T play in a 640 x 480 video are excited about the opportunity to see the team play and their enthusiasm is justified. FYI many local die hard fans don't post here at all.

This is yet another one of your threads where you insinuate that foreign based Trinis are more patriotic than locals. It's alright to criticize atmosphere but don't question people's patriotism.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
that is  so true....................

My bfff marry a Haitian his 1st visit 2 TNT he lookin 4 d RWB every car he met in d US wit a TNT national had 1. I had 2 tell him boi we does only have dat in oui car outside ah d country.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Trini Madness

• Heart....miles and miles of heart
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
yes its true the fan support in trinidad was a bit dull but i wouldnt say who is better or why. in my opinion the reason why trinis in foreign countries seem a bit more patriotic is because of the multiple ethnicities living in that foriegn country. and they just want to show other people where we are from and what we are all about. for example you see it here in NY with the dominicans and puerto ricans showing their flags 24/7/365.
A dream you don't fight for will haunt you for the rest of your life.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
yes its true the fan support in trinidad was a bit dull but i wouldnt say who is better or why. in my opinion the reason why trinis in foreign countries seem a bit more patriotic is because of the multiple ethnicities living in that foriegn country. and they just want to show other people where we are from and what we are all about. for example you see it here in NY with the dominicans and puerto ricans showing their flags 24/7/365.

Cosign

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
The US thread is long because most of the posters here are not local based. Many of those posters who only see T&T play in a 640 x 480 video are excited about the opportunity to see the team play and their enthusiasm is justified. FYI many local die hard fans don't post here at all.

This is yet another one of your threads where you insinuate that foreign based Trinis are more patriotic than locals. It's alright to criticize atmosphere but don't question people's patriotism.

one point i agree with you on, local die hards dont post on here, but also have not been attending games bc of various reasons, i know many of them, they fall into the die hard category, but it still doesnt take away the fact that staging a game away from trinidad would generate more support and passion than what is going on now.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy

Cosign

whether i in trinidad or not i am patriotic, yes there is that factor also but one thing remains we support more abroad than home, only when trinidad going to qualify, man gone mad, before that you could hear a pin drop in the stadium, one setta wagonnists. and weary u ever live abroad to talk?

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Cosign

whether i in trinidad or not i am patriotic, yes there is that factor also but one thing remains we support more abroad than home, only when trinidad going to qualify, man gone mad, before that you could hear a pin drop in the stadium, one setta wagonnists. and weary u ever live abroad to talk?

Gr8 4 u TI but nuff Trinis eh patriotic. 3 very long yrs in JA. D closest ting 2 patriotism was nov 19th on d friday when everybody war red. Dat is when u knew who was Trini other times u eh have a clue. In d fish bowl dat was Mona campus Trinis passin each other like full bus in TNT. A full bus is a concept in JA.

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise

one point i agree with you on, local die hards dont post on here, but also have not been attending games bc of various reasons, i know many of them, they fall into the die hard category, but it still doesnt take away the fact that staging a game away from trinidad would generate more support and passion than what is going on now.
Your strategy to increase vocal support at games is to play the game outside of T&T in front of fans who overtusty to show they love T&T even though they don't live there again. I'm sure we could do better than that.

Offline ProudTrinbagonian

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
dais why de man name Controversial.

but I could see a game against Honduras played in Toronto where T&T fans would come and show some rell support and make serious noise..the Honduras fans would get drowned out before the game start.  Yuh cyah play US in Canada for obvious reasons...but against some of the Central American countries...would be nice to see us host up them up here...
whey boy!

Offline samo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Gr8 4 u TI but nuff Trinis eh patriotic. 3 very long yrs in JA. D closest ting 2 patriotism was nov 19th on d friday when everybody war red. Dat is when u knew who was Trini other times u eh have a clue. In d fish bowl dat was Mona campus Trinis passin each other like full bus in TNT. A full bus is a concept in JA.
So true,Trinis only interested in the lime... Nov 19th 89, I remember asking a girl I knew if she was going to the game, she look at me like, of course you fool, now I know she ain't no football or sport enthusaist, so I ask her who T&T playing and she did not know. Really not that shocking, also when I was in Germany ah man offer a fella I know 800.00 Euro for his ticket to the T&T vs. England game, he sell it cool cool... Now they have no way, I coulda sell that ticket, I ask him what the hell you doing, he say, I only here cause I know it is good lime, that money reimbusre my Germany expenses. I say way sah, but then again not really shocking

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Why you doh shut yuh ass and let yuh brain recharge sometimes?

The fact of the matter is that  TRUE football fans making the sacrifice to drive to Nashville to see the game.  Other diehards can't make it but would if they could.  The fact that there are non-football fans from Trinidad who don't care about the game is a separate issue that has nothing to do with FAN support.  The very 'fans' in TnT either ent paying to go watch the game, or when they get there they rather siddung and give golf clap.

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
The fact of the matter is that  TRUE football fans making the sacrifice to drive to Nashville to see the game.  Other diehards can't make it but would if they could.  The fact that there are non-football fans from Trinidad who don't care about the game is a separate issue that has nothing to do with FAN support.  The very 'fans' in TnT either ent paying to go watch the game, or when they get there they rather siddung and give golf clap.

Drive alone?! People flyin een from all bout de place. It eh even ha decent seats in de TnT fan section no more unless yuh buyin ah single an somebody sell it to yuh.  I eh go question wey ha more fans but it certainly does appear that the fans abroad more often willin to go further lengths to see and support the team.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Drive alone?! People flyin een from all bout de place. It eh even ha decent seats in de TnT fan section no more unless yuh buyin ah single an somebody sell it to yuh.  I eh go question wey ha more fans but it certainly does appear that the fans abroad more often willin to go further lengths to see and support the team.

Yeah... maybe is ah case of "eat little, live long", fans in TnT not appreciating all de 'food' they have.  But I just think the mindset is just different.  We doh get ah lot of football, let alone football featuring we team so we making dat sacrifice tuh support.  Fans in Trinidad way more complacent... for whatever reason.

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
  • www.TheWarriorNation.com
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation

Yeah... maybe is ah case of "eat little, live long", fans in TnT not appreciating all de 'food' they have.  But I just think the mindset is just different.  We doh get ah lot of football, let alone football featuring we team so we making dat sacrifice tuh support.  Fans in Trinidad way more complacent... for whatever reason.
i does look at this as an opportunity to hang out with meh countrymen and family..especially when yuh notice where i living
but at the same time it have other people who into football that living in the big metro areas who does have to think bout 3 times then decide if they going and watch T&T play up here..i know not everybody situation is de same though (work,vacation etc)
then again it have the 'Super' Trini them..outta them, half is only talk de talk
the only thing dat could stop me is meh wife but ah always willing to take the 6 months in de dog house  ;D
Feliz
Warrior Nation Secretary & Membership Officer
http://www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
I guess people home take it for granted with the patriotic thing. Football support is a cultural thing. Like I said before,  not too long ago in TT, people use to go to football games and most times were entertain by the field of play, the nutsman, the shit talker and on many occasions(inter-col) a real good rythm section. That culture has slipped away because of couple factors. Change in demographics, other attractions, high unemployment in the Afro community,  and TTFF 30 yrs running of football into the ground.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Doh get sensitive Jah- it's not about patriotism- that can't be measured by the decibel level of crowd support. 

I think TI is commenting on the fact that Trinis outside of Trinidad, are quicker to bond with eachother for no other reason than being compatriots....... and in a football setting the end result is a more unified and vociferous outward support for the team...For obvious reasons there is a greater sense of camaraderie with your fellow Trini overseas (we're  outnumbered in a foreign space).  As Trinis overseas, being in a group in a foreign land works wonders for our feeling of unity and our willingness to outwardly express ourselves as Trinis.

Transplant that same crowd (the same individuals) from the Stadium on Saturday to Giants Stadium, and ah bet is Carnival from whistle to whistle...
« Last Edit: March 30, 2009, 02:53:06 PM by kicker »
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
Why you doh shut yuh ass and let yuh brain recharge sometimes?

weary feel trinis living abroad are all millionaires and can just pick up and jump on a plane or take a drive to these games, pay for hotel, game tickets, food and drinks and easily take time off work or school, i wish i could make it but i have prior business commitments that i must attend or else i woild be right dey, just like many other trinis who would have made that sacrifice, she like to talk shit

hold that game in new york or trini and watch the atmosphere and support, weary know that thats why she talking shit bc it makes locals look sorf

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
Fuss was local based vs foreign based players and who better and who should get a bly.

Now we jes had to extrapolate dat to local based versus foreign based supporters...who more patriotic.

STEEEUUUPPPEEESSSS!!!  ::)
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
The US will never play TT in WC in Baltimore/Wash/VA or NY/NJ/Philly. If they do, I'll bet it will be a small stadium and they will try their best to sell the tickets to US fans only.

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
So true,Trinis only interested in the lime... Nov 19th 89, I remember asking a girl I knew if she was going to the game, she look at me like, of course you fool, now I know she ain't no football or sport enthusaist, so I ask her who T&T playing and she did not know. Really not that shocking, also when I was in Germany ah man offer a fella I know 800.00 Euro for his ticket to the T&T vs. England game, he sell it cool cool... Now they have no way, I coulda sell that ticket, I ask him what the hell you doing, he say, I only here cause I know it is good lime, that money reimbusre my Germany expenses. I say way sah, but then again not really shocking

I woulda sell my ticket cool cool too...

I sure I coulda buy back ah next one for 400 euros...

come samo... yuh hadda be ah business man always
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy

I woulda sell my ticket cool cool too...

I sure I coulda buy back ah next one for 400 euros...

come samo... yuh hadda be ah business man always

i got offered 1000 euro for my ticket, i tell the man yuh crazy, i ent missing this match, no money could buy this ticket, at least he couldnt afford to buy it, it would have costed him over 10000 euro easy easy  :devil:

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
Ungratefull.

This thread is a great example to show that TnT people generally unappreciative.

Our Hasley Crawford Stadium was full for a WCQ for the first time since the Bahrain match.  It was ram cram and i was very happy for that.  When last that happen? Our first three games in the Hex last time were against USA in the oval, costa rica in de stadium and against panama in the stadium and only for the USA there was a reasonable crowd cause it was ah "Ash Wednesday lime"

It is human nature to identify where u come from especially if you are in a foreign land.  I remember when i was in Germany in 2006, i was liming and talking with every Trini i see.  I wore red and had a flag every single day, everywhere i went.

Put those same people who were in the HCS on saturday in Nashville and they would behave totally different and vice versa if the foreign based came down here.

Mr Controversial, i lime with you in a game in Trinidad already and u was just as quiet.  ;D  

I am happy that we selling out games that are normally considered meaningless by the general public!!

ah love it!!

nb: Samo, i was selling dat too and watching de game in de fan fest normal normal.....lol
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
Ungratefull.

This thread is a great example to show that TnT people generally unappreciative.

Our Hasley Crawford Stadium was full for a WCQ for the first time since the Bahrain match.  It was ram cram and i was very happy for that.  When last that happen? Our first three games in the Hex last time were against USA in the oval, costa rica in de stadium and against panama in the stadium and only for the USA there was a reasonable crowd cause it was ah "Ash Wednesday lime"

It is human nature to identify where u come from especially if you are in a foreign land.  I remember when i was in Germany in 2006, i was liming and talking with every Trini i see.  I wore red and had a flag every single day, everywhere i went.

Put those same people who were in the HCS on saturday in Nashville and they would behave totally different and vice versa if the foreign based came down here.

Mr Controversial, i lime with you in a game in Trinidad already and u was just as quiet.  ;D  

I am happy that we selling out games that are normally considered meaningless by the general public!!

ah love it!!

nb: Samo, i was selling dat too and watching de game in de fan fest normal normal.....lol

mr 3000, this thread is not for you, you are listed as one of the exceptions  ;D me quiet? lol :rotfl: the only way i would be quiet if i was vex or if i would be made a papyshow being the only person getting on  out of the 1000 plus people sitting around me who sitdung like mook lol and you know we were not quiet in germany

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

i got offered 1000 euro for my ticket, i tell the man yuh crazy, i ent missing this match, no money could buy this ticket, at least he couldnt afford to buy it, it would have costed him over 10000 euro easy easy  :devil:

Allyuh see... look TI coulda sell he ticket for 1000 and buy back ah ticket from samo pardner self for 800...

He woulda get to see the match and make ah 100 euros for every goal we collect... I woulda be more than happy with dat...

Imagine if we did win or draw!!  :rotfl:
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline STEUPS!!

• Hero Warrior
  • a.k.a warrior queen
    • View Profile
Fuss was local based vs foreign based players and who better and who should get a bly.

Now we jes had to extrapolate dat to local based versus foreign based supporters...who more patriotic.

STEEEUUUPPPEEESSSS!!!  ::)

if again! men geyin on like if is a flickin competition!

foreign based, jus go out an support d blasted team an stop geyin on like allyuh support mean more to d team dan we local support nah.

d majority ah we kno dat d local crowd full of posers and gapers. some ah we does try we best to be vocal an be heard, but daiz jus how it is.
allyuh jus go out on wednesday an support we team an forget dis primary school 'who support better dan who' bullshit

bless!!
Doh f**k wit MY warriors!!!

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
But really and truly....a good bit of the people in the USA game in Tennessee is rich people from down here who flying up.

Also is only every 4 years alyuh getting a WCQ game to go to...so yuh must save up yuh money for the lime of your life, especially as yuh in the snow, ent eat a good curry or pelau or corn soup in a while or hear some shit talk with a trini accent.

Dais why them ting priceless and as countrymen alyuh does go and congregate.

Why in gold cup it was only about 200 of we in the Orange Bowl?

Doh frighten, stadium fulling up down here now...a far cry from how it was before. Lewwe take we time, we filling seats, they go teach dem just now how to clap and wha is offside.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

1]; } ?>