April 20, 2024, 07:57:28 AM

Author Topic: Keeping Faith, I am not giving up on my Warriors  (Read 5405 times)

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
  • ah doh puh water in meh mouth to talk
    • View Profile
Keeping Faith, I am not giving up on my Warriors
« on: April 01, 2009, 08:02:45 PM »
Ok... I know we are all upset from the shit we boys play tonight, Last qualifier alot of people wrote us off but we made a come back and surprised people. I decided to take some positives from the game.

1. It was an away game and we really did not expect to beat the U.S at home.

2. We got a point away in El Salvador, how often do we get points away?

3. We draw our first home game, which means we have to make up for that in atleast 1 away win.

4. We still have alot of games to play, this time last qualifier we did not have two points.

5. I believe we can get points away in Honduras.

Keep the Faith!

Offline trini warrior

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Keeping Faith, I am not giving up on my Warriors
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2009, 08:03:30 PM »
thank you very very much

Offline STEUPS!!

• Hero Warrior
  • a.k.a warrior queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2009, 08:12:43 PM »
we cyah give up. nex game on d sixth june ah go be in d stadium
Doh f**k wit MY warriors!!!

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2009, 08:16:10 PM »
yeah man. never give up on your squad. 100% better performance than the semifinal round game in Chicago, but the game was still a carbon copy of our typical lackluster displays against USA on the road.

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2009, 08:17:55 PM »
it eh have no give up in this. I not hapy that we lost but I ain't vex neither. I going and sleep normal. Seems like some people had blinders on. We were never going to get any points off of  them with that kind of setup. MOVE ON!!!

7 more games to make the difference.

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2009, 08:18:15 PM »
Yeah, I am an optimistic pessimist.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2009, 08:18:34 PM »
Most "Fans" ( and i use that world very cautiously) will not give up, we will all be on the net, watchin Tv, ears glued to teh radio supporting our team next game, but the team is not helping the dream right now...and as "fans" we feelin the pain..seems like we want our country to qualify more than them...game against Honduras...and the latter of the second half against El Salvador was just as painful as the US game..
« Last Edit: April 01, 2009, 08:26:24 PM by Sando prince »

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2009, 08:26:29 PM »
Ok... I know we are all upset from the shit we boys play tonight, Last qualifier alot of people wrote us off but we made a come back and surprised people. I decided to take some positives from the game.

3. We draw our first home game, which means we have to make up for that in atleast 1 away win.

4. We still have alot of games to play, this time last qualifier we did not have two points.

Keep the Faith!

MAKING IT YEAH !!   LAST CAMPAIGN WE FIRE THE COACH
we aint beating honduras with this coach talk done   ..... in honduras they will have crowd support everything etc etc  ... we team not even orgainzed ... what has MATS  been doing for so long ... what a joke .......... 
« Last Edit: April 01, 2009, 08:28:45 PM by Trini _2010 »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline jr sams

• Hero Warrior
  • Every time....all de time....true to form
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2009, 08:37:24 PM »
My thing is not so much the fact that we lose but rather the manner in which we lost. At least if there was some evidence of playing simple football, moving the ball around , passing to one another, picking up on defensive assignments ....this game just showed some real lack of fundamentals. I also question Maturana's decision to pull off Birchall..to me, he was working hard and should have been there to the end.

I was also really disappointed in KJ....I liked how Stern played.
well yes

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2009, 08:39:58 PM »
it eh have no give up in this. I not hapy that we lost but I ain't vex neither. I going and sleep normal. Seems like some people had blinders on. We were never going to get any points off of  them with that kind of setup. MOVE ON!!!

7 more games to make the difference.

Sleepin like a baby
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2009, 08:41:25 PM »
Good post Trin...

iz only a temporary deflation- nuttin' a good night's rest cyah cure.... ;D

no matter what the realistic expecations are, iz real hurt meh heart to see the Warriors get trampled like they did today....

On to the next game
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2009, 08:42:49 PM »
we cyah give up. nex game on d sixth june ah go be in d stadium
daiz DDAY yuh know,take care they storm we like how de allies storm normandy.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline ChipChipSilver

• 'Let the Good Times Roll'
  • Sr. Warrior
  • Do you feel like working today?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2009, 08:45:14 PM »
That loss was embarassing

Ah hope allyuh correct!
In Everything, Give Thanks

Offline iceberg

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2009, 08:45:51 PM »
Boss I like yuh positive spirit BUT it hard to keep the faith with the DENTIST at the helm.
If your heart is not in the game then your not a true footballer!!!

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2009, 08:49:45 PM »
My thing is not so much the fact that we lose but rather the manner in which we lost. At least if there was some evidence of playing simple football, moving the ball around , passing to one another, picking up on defensive assignments ....this game just showed some real lack of fundamentals. I also question Maturana's decision to pull off Birchall..to me, he was working hard and should have been there to the end.

I was also really disappointed in KJ.... I liked how Stern played.

:applause: :applause:

Offline Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2009, 08:54:00 PM »
Positives

1) We have a whole 2 months to forget this travesty, both this and the honduras game

2) KJ have time to play himself back into form. He is woeful for T&T and also Sunderland at the present time.

3) Akile Edwards will miss the next game after accumulating yellow cards

4) Yorke will be back, hopefully

5) We theoretically played our hardest game of the round (some could say Mex in Mex too)

6) we have played only one home game. We have 4 more at home out of 7

7) Pro league will be up and running, more men will be match fit.

Will add more when the results come in later from the other games....

« Last Edit: April 01, 2009, 09:03:04 PM by Trini »

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2009, 08:58:49 PM »
I ent give up on TT.  I give up on the terrible coaching, player selection and tactics being employed.
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2009, 09:00:16 PM »
I ent give up on TT.  I give up on the terrible coaching, player selection and tactics being employed.

Well said  :applause: :applause:
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2009, 09:01:49 PM »

Cosign
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Father Abraham

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 01, 2009, 09:10:41 PM »
only have faith in god not in the soca warriors, they could only cause u to loose yout faith withthat nonsense they playing.

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 01, 2009, 09:34:40 PM »
We still have a chance.  Next game:

Clayton Ince

Julius James,  Dennis Lawrence, Keyeno Thomas

Carlos Edwards, Chris Birchall, Khaleem Hyland, Sean DeSilva,  Collin Samuel

Daryl Roberts

Kenwyne Jones      Jason Scotland

Subs:  Marvin Phillip, Glenroy Roberts, Russel Latapy,  Dwight Yorke, Makan Hislop, Clyde Leon, Cornel Glen, Stern John, Osei Telesford, Jamal Gay, Keon Daniel, Sean DeSilva, Robert Primus.

Coach: Vranes or Fenwick, even Latapy.  Anybody but Maturana. he is wasted money.

And it is time to begin to look at young players like Glenroy Roberts, Sean DeSilva, Robert Primus.  By WC 2010 (if we should be lucky enough to get there) Latapy, John, and Yorke will be too far spent to survive the pace and intensity of the game but would be valuable as motivators and leaders of the team off the field as coaches.  Furthermore, we should be giving these guys a lot of games against quality teams.  We need to start planning for 2014.
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

Offline davyjenny1

• duaneoconnor-tt.com
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com
7 games to qualify we're still in the mix
« Reply #21 on: April 02, 2009, 01:31:40 AM »
We were expose in the weak areas last night, with the right adjustments and team selection and some changes here and there we are still in the mix. we have quality and talented players that were not selected money and politics played a major role/part. This is not our world cup squad. enjoy the ride.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2009, 01:34:15 AM by davyjenny1 »
The difference between the possible and
the impossible lies in a person determination.

Your Knowledge is directly related to your potential income.
 http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: 7 games to qualify we're still in the mix
« Reply #22 on: April 02, 2009, 03:50:46 AM »
Watch dem yard fowl go come trolling in ah few hrs! :devil:
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline sjahrain

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 02, 2009, 03:56:16 AM »
This is one cut ass that I hope we all learn something from.....Players included....... :devil:

Offline ann3boys

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 02, 2009, 05:46:42 AM »
agreed. never give up. I am also disappointed, but I feel for the players- unable to make the game plan work- they looked like maybe they didn't buy into the plan, who knows? did Maturana say anything after the game?
I really feel so sorry for those guys on the field who ran their  legs off with a terrible result.
anyhow- chin up guys!! we'll get it right next time ;D

Offline Michael-j

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 02, 2009, 06:05:01 AM »
We still have a chance.  Next game:

Clayton Ince

Julius James,  Dennis Lawrence, Keyeno Thomas

Carlos Edwards, Chris Birchall, Khaleem Hyland, Sean DeSilva,  Collin Samuel

Daryl Roberts

Kenwyne Jones      Jason Scotland

Subs:  Marvin Phillip, Glenroy Roberts, Russel Latapy,  Dwight Yorke, Makan Hislop, Clyde Leon, Cornel Glen, Stern John, Osei Telesford, Jamal Gay, Keon Daniel, Sean DeSilva, Robert Primus.

Coach: Vranes or Fenwick, even Latapy.  Anybody but Maturana. he is wasted money.

And it is time to begin to look at young players like Glenroy Roberts, Sean DeSilva, Robert Primus.  By WC 2010 (if we should be lucky enough to get there) Latapy, John, and Yorke will be too far spent to survive the pace and intensity of the game but would be valuable as motivators and leaders of the team off the field as coaches.  Furthermore, we should be giving these guys a lot of games against quality teams.  We need to start planning for 2014.

You do realize  your starting lineup has  12 players, right Storeboy?  ;)...but I like the mix..

I would love to see Fenwick involved in our senior team setup  as well...but we all know that's not gonna happen as long as JW around..

All is not lost just yet...last WCQ campaign we had 1 pt from 3 games. After Beenie took over we managed 12 pts from our last 7 ( which isn't all that spectacular in itself) ...but we won 3 out of 3 home games, won 1 away game and fought hard but  lost 3 away games to finish with 13 pts. At this point we have 4 home games left...we must win ALL OF THESE!! then win at least one of the 3 away games (most likely Honduras) and draw the others. That would give us minimum 19 pts....which at the worst should be good enough for a 3rd place.
These permutations can provide some comfort, but in order to make it happen  we need a coach who can bring out the best in our players,,,clearly Maturana is not him.
Go warriors!
« Last Edit: April 02, 2009, 06:27:17 AM by Michael-j »

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 02, 2009, 06:32:02 AM »
This is one cut ass that I hope we all learn something from.....Players included....... :devil:

What we learn from Chicago?

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 02, 2009, 07:55:46 AM »
Well realistically...Costa Rica at home is the must win game. 3pts there, 3 from El Salvador at home..those are our "cannot mess up games". Anything less than maximum there and it's game over, unless we really expect to win at the Azteca or in Costa Rica.

We have to work hard for a draw against Honduras away (where they have been awesome recently) then hope the USA qualify when we play them here and beat them again like we did in previous rounds.

Mexico at home is the decider. If Sven still there, we could get the 3pts. If Sven gone and they scrambling to qualify, we in trouble. So our realistic scenario is to get a minimum 7 more points for a grand total of 9 which would not be enough.

We have to get 4 points from the two games against Mexico and the US at home to even have a chance.

Highly improbable with the current performances we churning out under Pacho.
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline mouie

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 02, 2009, 08:06:43 AM »
I look foward to the next game.Dwight would be back and im hoping that he would be able to make sence of the midfild.Whit the midfild working we will look alot better.

Good trend!

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 02, 2009, 09:27:41 AM »

Keep the Faith!

In the last WCQ we got a vital away win at Panama.  This time we missed our chance vs. El Salvador in the last minute.
Who we gonna beat away this rounds??  Honduras who just destroyed a full-strength Mexico 3-1??

1]; } ?>