April 27, 2024, 11:34:49 PM

Author Topic: Aklie Edwards offered MLS contract  (Read 3444 times)

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Aklie Edwards offered MLS contract
« on: March 10, 2009, 12:52:57 PM »
Aklie Edwards offered MLS contract
TTPro League

http://www.ttproleague.com/cms/News/ViewArticle/tabid/55/selectmoduleid/370/ArticleID/373/reftab/36/Default.aspx
Current Trinidad and Tobago Senior Team defender and Defence Force player Aklie Edwards is reported as being offered a contract by Major League Soccer(MLS) club Colorado Rapids.

However according to the Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation(TTFF) media release, Edwards has not made a decision whether he will sign with the club.

The former T&T U23 player is still with Rapids in Argentina on their preseason tour. Edwards is also eyeing an opportunity in Europe and is carded to go on trial in Germany later this month.

Edwards has played in three matches against Argentinos Juniors, Velez Sarsfield and River Plate during Rapids pre-season camp in Argentina.

“The experience has been good. I played in three games, coming on in the second half and I’ve settled in. They have offered me a deal but I haven’t made a decision on whether I’m taking it up yet,” Edwards said in the TTFF release.

“It’s good to be back in Argentina after being here with the (T&T) national team last month. But our training now has been a bit different because the club is preparing for a full season coming up. Right now my fitness is good and I’m making sure that I’m in shape for the World Cup qualifiers coming up against Honduras and USA.”

T&T will play Honduras in their next World Cup qualifier on March 28 at the Hasely Crawford Stadium, in which Aklie Edwards hopes to be part of.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Aklie Edwards offered MLS contract
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2009, 01:00:18 PM »
hmm hmm hmm

corbeux again ,or this is crow ok
« Last Edit: March 10, 2009, 01:10:29 PM by Quagmire »

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2009, 02:24:24 PM »
Well maybe i should try my luck with an mls team then. Where do I tryout?
Hart for president

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2009, 03:55:46 PM »
well like MaxG
http://redbull.newyork.mlsnet.com/news/team_news.jsp?ymd=20090303&content_id=221401&vkey=news_rbn&fext=.jsp&team=t107
I am totally Confused ??? ???

I goin an use my last life line...
"call ah moderator"
Tallman help meh out nuh ;D ;D
who is he actually with?
Thanks
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2009, 04:29:08 PM »
well like MaxG
http://redbull.newyork.mlsnet.com/news/team_news.jsp?ymd=20090303&content_id=221401&vkey=news_rbn&fext=.jsp&team=t107

"call ah moderator"
who is he actually with?
Thanks

As we have reported on this site from Day 1, Aklie was in Argentina with the Red Bulls, who returned to NY yesterday. The only other MLS team that was in Argentina for pre-season was the Sounders.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2009, 05:35:02 PM »
well like MaxG

"call ah moderator"
who is he actually with?
Thanks

As we have reported on this site from Day 1, Aklie was in Argentina with the Red Bulls, who returned to NY yesterday. The only other MLS team that was in Argentina for pre-season was the Sounders.
Thanks much Tallman
yet TTFF say he signed with the Rapids...twice
Any which way
good one AE
« Last Edit: March 10, 2009, 05:38:39 PM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2009, 08:23:59 PM »
well like MaxG

"call ah moderator"
who is he actually with?
Thanks

Thanks much Tallman
Any which way
good one AE

Whichever one offer him a contract ah eating mih crow hurry hurry...
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2009, 08:35:43 PM »
well like MaxG

"call ah moderator"
who is he actually with?
Thanks

Thanks much Tallman
Any which way
good one AE

No seasonin eedah.  Sushi style in allyuh pweffen!!  ;D
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2009, 10:32:24 PM »
he wa with the red bulls and we have video to proove it.  some info got miss handled on the way to the reporter.  i hope the reporter wasn't interviewing his tanty for info.

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2009, 10:38:31 PM »
he wa with the red bulls and we have video to proove it.  some info got miss handled on the way to the reporter.  i hope the reporter wasn't interviewing his tanty for info.
and said reporter doesn't read the RIGHT information on Flex's site  ;)
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2009, 10:56:28 PM »
i going and ask a dumb question..

is his name Akile or Aklie?

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2009, 11:11:05 PM »
i going and ask a dumb question..

is his name Akile or Aklie?
good point as his name is spelt both ways in many posts
but i goin with what socawarriors.net have his name as
http://www.socawarriors.net/mens-senior-team/player-directory.html?view=playerprofile&id=530
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2009, 02:08:47 PM »

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2009, 02:28:52 PM »
ah like these 2 paragraphs  :D

"Now, after a few pre-season games and training sessions, Richardson is confident that the club likes what it sees in him. He said his onus is to prove himself with the team and take the club to a championship. “Coachman has been telling me ‘that is what I want to see from you’ steady, steady,” he said referring to Smith’s observations of his on-field display. “The team like me, you know … they say that once I get going I look like I’d make this team go far.”
But, it hasn’t been all silky striking for the soccer star in his new environment. Richardson is still trying to thaw out his unfamiliarity with the mile-high city’s chilly climes. “They could see that I ain’t accustom to this kind of weather, but I getting a lot of help to deal with it, especially at this time (tail-end of the winter season). I usually wear gloves and them kinda’ things when training.” However, he took a short time to get over the ‘cultural shock’ in the south-western state. “The team is a good one with a nice coaching staff. Nobody is a favourite here, everybody getting to know and appreciate one another and I like it here, already. The people around are really nice"

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2009, 02:52:35 PM »
So maxg why the man cyah talk wah COACHMAN say.  ;D
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2009, 08:32:21 PM »
I kind happy dude turn down de contract offer...

He woulda gone and shit down heself and spoil it fuh ah next Trinidadian trying to get ah contract.

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2009, 08:33:58 PM »

He woulda gone and shit down heself and spoil it fuh ah next Trinidadian trying to get ah contract.

I just feel between he and Fuentes dey lie...

Fuentes bawl it was Colorado when he was with Red Bulls and we never see no other proof... especially as he didnt really distinguish heself on tour

Is lie dey damn lie
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline RGarcia

• Forward To Mid-Field to Defense
  • Hero Warrior
  • Who Jah bless, no man curse!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2009, 06:16:44 AM »

Fuentes bawl it was Colorado when he was with Red Bulls and we never see no other proof... especially as he didnt really distinguish heself on tour

Is lie dey damn lie

haha haha i was thinking the same thing but i know i woulda get ridiculed for saying that bc it have man does act like they love man on this forum but since yuh say it FF I 100% agree with you. How yuh go get ah contract offer when one yuh never practice with the Colorado Rapids like yuh name Evra :devil: and two yuh score ah own goal in a Real game not a practice and shit down yuh self in the whole training camp and get ah contract... :o dem man think man dunce yes  :rotfl:
and after that performance last night he better get drop from Defense Force....
All American

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2009, 06:30:43 AM »

Is lie dey damn lie

haha haha i was thinking the same thing but i know i woulda get ridiculed for saying that bc it have man does act like they love man on this forum but since yuh say it FF I 100% agree with you. How yuh go get ah contract offer when one yuh never practice with the Colorado Rapids like yuh name Evra :devil: and two yuh score ah own goal in a Real game not a practice and shit down yuh self in the whole training camp and get ah contract... :o dem man think man dunce yes  :rotfl:
and after that performance last night he better get drop from Defense Force....

Dem doh play he they smarter than d national team
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2009, 11:52:16 AM »
well like MaxG

"call ah moderator"
who is he actually with?
Thanks

Thanks much Tallman
Any which way
good one AE

I find de service in this restaurant real sticking boy. Is a month now I order mih raw crow and all i get is a half dead cobo from Maturana restaurant round de corner...
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2009, 03:08:11 PM »
well like MaxG

"call ah moderator"
who is he actually with?
Thanks

Thanks much Tallman
Any which way
good one AE

I find de service in this restaurant real sticking boy. Is a month now I order mih raw crow and all i get is a half dead cobo from Maturana restaurant round de corner...

THey hoarding them crow, they saving up for ah special customer.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2009, 05:16:48 PM »
Some of allyuh kinda harsh oui. Club football is not international football. Aklie may not be ready for the latter, but he is more than ready for the former, especially MLS standard. What if every club on the planet only bought a young player after he was ready for international ball.....you'd never hear of the some of the greatest talents cuz they'd have to develop into the final product (or close to it) in their domestic league before any clubs take a chance on them. Clubs will buy a young player, raw player like Aklie if they think he has the tools they can mold into an effective player given the club and league's playing standard's. I've never come out in his defense, but I'm sure even if he never develops into a top class international, he has enough tools to develop into a decent professional. Man..KJ is supposedly an EPL 'star' and eh look no better than Aklie in the midweek game. Last year Carlos Edwards couldn't see his way when his head was out of sorts. I see man like Scotty killing dem in the Championship and look out of sorts for T&T in the past...I see Scott Sealy look class in MLS and struggle to trap a ball in the Shell Cup. Give the young fella ah chance. Despite his shakiness at the international level, I could easily see an MLS club  taking a chance to see if he develop into something they desire.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2009, 05:19:04 PM by Filho »

1]; } ?>