April 27, 2024, 10:14:22 PM

Author Topic: Views on T&T v USA game.  (Read 33973 times)

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
Views on T&T v USA game.
« on: April 01, 2009, 08:15:48 PM »
Keep, Stern John, Dennis Lawrence, Keyeno Thomas, Keon Daniel, Chris Birchall, Clyde Leon and Carlos Edwards.

We experiment with Anthony Wolfe a week before an important game and we saw his weakness against a better team, not that he was bad, but he is better on the attacking role. We waste a sub bringing on Hislop for Wolfe, imagine we need goals and this fool bring on a defender.

USA made us look like babies. They use a simple text book training on us. I cant understand we cant even get ONE clear shot on goal, not even one CLEAR shot on a side who El Salvador make look ordinary.

Aklie Edwards is 100% shit. He played one good game vs Honduras in his whole career. I feel he should grab that MLS offer before he end up with nothing.

Kenwyne Jones is a boy in a big man's body. De simple things he cant do, forget service.

Jack Warner is not the clown, Maturana is. Any foul could see we needed some organization in midfield, Latapy was the man to bring on.

Julius James, Avery John, Cyd Gray, Collin Samuel, Tony Warner, Cornell Glen, Darryl Roberts, Aurtis Whitley, Kelvin Jack, Marvin Andrews and Brent Sancho expect a call soon.

Football is so simple, T&T make it look hard as they CANT even get the simple fundementals right, trapping, shoooting, passing and marking.

We unfit and we under prepared. We team make USA look like Brazil. I cant understand how we could never get we act together especially vs USA. Forget de lost, we play like shit.

Imagine de 100s of fans who travel thousands of miles and spend 100s of dollars just to see this let down how they must be feeling.

PS: USA 19 year olds was LAUGHING at we. Some BIG hard stones creole making some little kakahole run through them. Shamless !!! .. We under 20 team shoulda play instead....

More to follow, ah drunk....
« Last Edit: April 02, 2009, 07:40:07 AM by Sam »
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline trini warrior

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Views on T&T v USA game.
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2009, 08:20:07 PM »
isn't latapy assistant coach - if he thought he should come on he would have

Offline Sting

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
Why?
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2009, 08:25:23 PM »
Why substitute a defender at half time when you are down one goal?  Did we make a mistake on the initial selection?

Why take off Chris Birchall when he was the hardest working man on the field?

Why play Birchall defensive midfield when he has a 40 yard rocket?

Why not substitue Kenwyn Jones when he added nothing for 90 minutes?

Why not bring on Latapy at halftime?

Why not play Stern John in midfield?  Stern John's position is no longer an offensive player (he played well tonight) but he needs to do like Dwight Yorke and switch to midfield.  He is a good passer of the ball.

Why not put Stern John in the midfield (it should not be hard to find a midfield player to leave home), and add Cornell Glen to the team.

Why is Brent Sancho not on the team?

Why is Colin Samuel not on the team?

Why is that C%#$ still the head coach?

This coach does not have a clue as to what he is doing!

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2009, 08:26:02 PM »
U drunk till u vomitin u mentio Sancho and  Jack. Say the followin

God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
  • ah doh puh water in meh mouth to talk
    • View Profile
Hear our voices TTFF
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2009, 08:26:41 PM »
As a die hard fan of my National Team, I want to see good Trini football, even if we lose. Please give give meh something positive to talk about after the game nah.

They call me Triniairman and I want to see GOOD FOOTBALL, SO HEAR MY VOICE.

1. Fire that clueless coach

2. Latapy either start the game or come on rell early in the second half pleaase.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Hear our voices TTFF
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2009, 08:28:14 PM »
What voices d so call diehards eh support d blacklisted players and dem bring we d greatest joy a WC.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
Humiliating...Indecent exposure
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2009, 08:30:24 PM »
Guilty as charged to the Warriors for the manner in which they played tonight....... all man.
We get exposed in the defence the midfield the offense.

I mean this was one of the most humiliating display of football. What positives do you take away from this game?

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Humiliating...Indecent exposure
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2009, 08:31:20 PM »
Guilty as charged to the Warriors for the manner in which they played tonight....... all man.

I mean this was one of the most humiliating display of football. What positives do you take away from this game?

I positive we play crappppppppppppppppppp.

Offline iceberg

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2009, 08:34:22 PM »
Piss poor effort by T&T.  No heart no fight only a few players was trying to fight it i.e. Stern & Carlos. Even though Akile Edwards play shit he didn't get any help as usual from Keon Daniel who like he don't know the importance of tracking back when we don't have the ball.  With no leadership on the field them man look lost at sea.  USA play FOOTBALL and tear us apart.  We always talking about how much skilled players we have but good is all that skill if you can't do the fundamental things, which the USA displayed.

And for Mr. Jones I don't know what going on with he, Stern outshine him again.  IF MATURANA DON'T GET FIRED WITHIN THE NEXT WEEK THEN WE LOVE TO LOSE!!!!!!!!!  How the fack you go say we had a good first half and be happy with that. Like you sitting on the bench with blind folds.  His lack of communication due to the language barrier is ah BIG FACKING PROBLEM!!!!

We need a local coach who knows our culture and the way we should play.  Latapy need to be given a chance to show what he can do.   Man I so facking pissed right now.  I going and watch Honduras put 2 more goal in Mexico ass dey.  FACK IT!!!
If your heart is not in the game then your not a true footballer!!!

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2009, 08:35:27 PM »
We lucky we ent collect bout 6.

I feeling real shame.

Again is not because we lorse I vex...is HOW WE LORSE.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2009, 08:35:59 PM »
keep an eye on Jack Warner.

it was at this juncture last time we made the switch.

We had 1 pt after 3 games (2 home), including a 5-1 battering in Guatemala.

Theoretically, we a little better off this time still.

But is JW.

The display tonight is more worrisome than the result.

Deep down, true football fans here knew we could not beat the US in the US, just like beat Mexico in Mexico.

Its possible, but not probable.

We patriotically hoped for an upset, but u make your own luck.

In 2005, under Beenie, we lost 0-1 to USA in the US and looked competitive.

We lost 0-2 to Mexico in Mexico, but looked a class better than we did tonight.

The performance tonight reminds me of the 5-1 result away to Guatemala.

We were embarrased.

We expect the USA to beat us at home, but not embarass us...them flikking men was playing around on top the box to set up Altidore (cornel glen's twin brother)for his hattrick.

Costa Rica is nothing short of 3 pts.
Anything less and we as good as out, unless the other results keep us mathematically in, cause most likely we will be beaten in Mexico City on June 10th.

Costa Rica - June 6th, 2008....
Panama - June 5, 2005....
Make or break.

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2009, 08:38:20 PM »

nah mid and offense wasn't exposed tonight only the defense...they played tentative because they knew that the outside defenders had a monopoly on shyte....

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2009, 08:38:54 PM »
Big men with no pride and heart let a 19 year old grasp their dreams.

Ah hope this picture doh give them nightmares too

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2009, 08:40:43 PM »
it was VERY hard not to change that channel tonight.

can't say anything else, a scout may be reading.

Offline Trinidogg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2009, 08:43:09 PM »
KJ making it hard for me to argue for him but... I still don't want to see him out of our squad he has the right stuff just hoping for it to show up quick cause he won't get a break on this forum for sure we expect alot from him.

Offline Sulty

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2009, 08:49:01 PM »
Maturana needs to go!! It was emabrrassing to watch..especially defensively.
There was no organization to our play.  There was no leadership or accountability on the field...If he had to take Birchall off the Latas should have been the man to come on to create chances while bringing stability to the middle.

BAD COACHING!!!

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2009, 08:56:54 PM »
For a team hoping to play against the big boys in the World cup, our players are unable to do the basic things: 1. collect the ball without fumbling it,
2. make accurate passes,
3. move in space to collect the ball,
4. close down the player with the ball forcing him to make a play.

What is hell is the coach seeing that we as fans not seeing?

No one can convince me that this is the best team we can put on the field.
Why is a hard working player like Daryl Roberts not playing?
Why is Cornel Glen, a speedy player who always threatens defenders not selected to at least come off the bench?
Why is Hyland who looked better than all the midfielders exept Carlos Edwards not starting?
Why is Julius James not selected given the horrors in the defense game after game?

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

Offline sinned

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2009, 09:07:28 PM »

I positive we play crappppppppppppppppppp.
positive: we didn't collect 6 like argentina.

they have real cleaning to do on LP field in Nashville tonight. T&T dump a large load ah mess there.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2009, 09:07:40 PM »
We lucky we ent collect bout 6.

I feeling real shame.

Again is not because we lorse I vex...is HOW WE LORSE.

EXACTLYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Offline ChipChipSilver

• 'Let the Good Times Roll'
  • Sr. Warrior
  • Do you feel like working today?
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 01, 2009, 09:09:52 PM »

Breds I think that pace was too much for Latas at this stage of he career. 
In Everything, Give Thanks

Offline saga pinto

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Maturana the buller or the bullee?
« Reply #20 on: April 01, 2009, 09:12:24 PM »
He keeping akile and wolfe because He's a fudge packer....

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
Re: Maturana the buller or the bullee?
« Reply #21 on: April 01, 2009, 09:25:49 PM »

Seriously.  Dat necessary?  Steupes.  :loser:
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline HH

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 01, 2009, 09:26:44 PM »

Breds I think that pace was too much for Latas at this stage of he career. 

Don't agree you don't necessarily need pace if the others provide it.

Latas brings leadership and distribution that is just not there in the middle (without yorke and even he getting down). KJ can't trap or for that matter even chest trap a ball. Stern looked decent but midfield is not a place i will put him.

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 01, 2009, 09:34:28 PM »
this thread just wrong man
but dat doh make it any less funny  :devil:
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline Arazi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 01, 2009, 09:36:04 PM »
Now..if we played the entire game like we played the first half i'd be quite disheartened...BUT up until the second goal went..we were in this game in the second half...

wen that goal scored i realised the US beats us the same way every time..it's not bout talent ..it about a plan..

THEY always play our weaknesses early get a goal..then look for a second mistake...in this case it was our wingbacks..more notably anthony wolfe...
alot of people  will knock akile for his performance and at times he din do himself any favours but..the truth is he was done not clint dempsey (who should have been his main mark) but the overlapping right wingback heiduk... dempsey actually din have that great a game..

the first goal was not his fault..anyone blaming that goal on him is being harsh..yes alitidore was his mark on the play..but the table was set for taht goal by thomas or wolfe's error on missing the 50/50 header with ching and NOT recovering...

only stern and on occassions carlos actually turned up in the first 45...dennis was lucky that his error din let donovan score a second...
the second half...makan for wolfe..it added some solidity to the defence to a point...our defensive shape was better...daniel was even making more of an effort to be a presence in the back... and this allowed us to nullify the constant actacks for the first 20 mins of the second...and with hyland's energy and enterprise allowed us to attack because we actual had an offensive presence in the middle..

i don't understand why Hyland din start...Hyland is a very versatile player..he can play DM, CM, AM or on either flank because he can use both feet..Maturana fumbled here

and i think he fumbled with who he took off for hyland as well...birchall was better than leon for me..but leon stayed on...

We had three great opportunities to equalise...daniel's freekick..which he took to long to take and the subsequent followup he could have done better on...

Stern's mistrap off the great run from Carlos....
but the one we ought to have scored was KJ...hyland and daniel linked well on the left..he cuts it back in..stern dummies..which takes two defenders out of the play and kenwyne has to pick a corner...he puts it up and over...

then the US scores..and this goal is the fault of makan..or rather his lack of pace...i suspected this may have been an issue wid the sub...wolfe pace would have allowed him to recover on that play..but the wolfe was giving up in the first.. either way..donavon got past makan far too easy but both central defenders were well beaten by alitidore...thomas and lawrence were probably guilty of selling themselves a bit there..

and that was the game...
scotty for daniel was not a good sub bcuz it ended whatever shape we had and contributed to the last goal..which ince should have saved to be honest...

The positives : We can play better
The negatives: I don't think our players know that as yet...

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 01, 2009, 09:45:26 PM »

Seriously.  Dat necessary?  Steupes.  :loser:

Cosign and a LOUDDDDDDDDDDD STEUPSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 01, 2009, 09:47:55 PM »
Poor team selection, poor game strategy/tactics, poor substitutions = terrible coach.  Why are wasting money on this man, I don't know.  After firing so many coaches after one or two losses, to keep this man is a travesty.
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

Offline Mock de Dread

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 01, 2009, 09:57:39 PM »
HA HA HA Agreed a fudge packer what is that anyways
name suits him just fine

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 01, 2009, 10:03:32 PM »
Don't agree you don't necessarily need pace if the others provide it.

Latas brings leadership and distribution that is just not there in the middle (without yorke and even he getting down). KJ can't trap or for that matter even chest trap a ball. Stern looked decent but midfield is not a place i will put him.

Dis is England all over again.  Latas had no business coming in the game two goals down... end of story.

It was clear we needed a change at LB and needed more punch up front... the tactics we needed at the time didn't support bringing Latas on.

Offline rickstaa

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 01, 2009, 10:06:39 PM »
at least no A.EDWARDS next gamehopefully who ever full in should take that spot :beermug:

1]; } ?>