March 28, 2024, 05:46:14 AM

Author Topic: Views on T&T v USA game.  (Read 33588 times)

Offline future socawarrior

• Jr. Warrior
  • I can accept failure but i cant accept not trying
    • View Profile
A player's perspective (please read)
« Reply #90 on: April 02, 2009, 07:30:26 AM »
On April 1st USA gave Trinidad and Tobago a sound beating. They dominated the game, especially in the midfield. Their game plan (which was fully executed) was to attack the wingbacks and move the ball in the midfield. Trinidad and Tobago showed that their team consisted of players at different skill levels.

A report on each player:

Clayton Once - Safe hands throughout most of the game. Good distribution of the ball, yet had an inexcusable lapse in concentration to allow the last goal. No excuses, cause that goal may come back to haunt us.

Anthony Wolfe - Poor game. I hope that experiment is over. He had no clue and one could tell that he had no experience how to defend the overlapping wingback. (Beasley) I blame this on the coach. If i was the coach, i would have called Yohance Marshall and Julius James and experiment with them when they arrived in Nashville. Simply because Marshall plays with Donovan everyday and James plays against him.

Kenyo Thomas - I personally don't think he is a good player, But on that night he WAS EXTRA BAD . Lost alot of head balls to Altidore, When he won the head balls the were off, poor marking skills, poor positioning as a defender ( on the second goal when Donovan went out wide, he left the middle of the defense causing it stretch and allowing Altidore an easy path through the middle). He is a laborer, with no skill. He can't play wit the ball at his feet.

Dennis Lawrence - Had the best game out of all the defenders. Won all the head balls, played well with the ball, and kept with the strikers. However, he lost concentration in the game and lost his marker. A huge part to this was because the wingbacks were exploited and the drew him out. Ok game tallman

A. Edwards - Please make a count of this stat if you look at highlights of the game. He passed the ball to the US team, either in throw-ins or passes 21 times. His lack of experience showed. He did not learn from his mistakes during the game, which is a bad sign. The US did not play with a right-wing essentially, and used Frankie Hejduk to bring in crosses. He crossed in the ball passed Edwards over 10-15 times. That is horrible. He never forced him to bo back. He could not string a proper pass together. He allowed Altidore to get on the inside and muscle his way to the first goal. But i guess in defence force, he is a big defender or a big player. As a player, i think his confidence was low after the first goal and Ince and company were yelling at him all game. Looked extremely uneasy before the game. 

C. Edwards. I think his class was over the rest. His runs were well-timed. He came back to help the defence. He needs alot of help from his midfield to be effective. Due to Chris Birchall's fear of receiving the ball, he was forced to play in the middle at times, more than he should. Not the best crosser, but whats new. Put alot of pressure on Beasley and played very sensibly and within his game. He was fired up for that game.

Chris Birchall - I did not think he played worst that he really does. He was exposed during the game, to what his game really is. He was avoiding his role to receive the ball from the defenders. (please watch the clips) He did not check towards the ball to receive it. He tried defensively, but that is not good enough, because in today's game all defensive midfielders distribute the ball (Marco Sena, Andrea Pirlo, Micheal Carrick). He feeds off the other midfielders like Yorke, Latapy even Theobald and let's them retrieve the ball and he sits. That night, it was his job and he could not do it. His touch is not the best but he is a good guy. I think he got sub'ed because he did not get the ball. Chris i know you will probably read this but you should work on your attacking part of the game. Look to receive te ball from the defence more, this will help the team.

Leon - Did not play sensibly. Was, like Birchall inexistent. Hid from getting the ball. poor positioning and supporting the strikers. He did not string any good passes. However, defensively, i thought he was good at closing the midfielders down. Yet, he lost the battle...

Daniel - Showed he had class, but like Carlos, needed elp from the center midfielders. He is a player that works best with the ball played to him in a one v one position. However, because the center midfielders lacked the ability to go get the ball, he had the ball around the half-line and as such was ineffective. He needed to help Edwards more, but i dont know what the coach told him about defending.

Jones - I think he was good. Once again, he need alot of help from the midfield. Won alot of flick-ons but John, did not help the case. Moreover, when he held the ball up, he had no midfielders to lay it off to. Picture how attacking he would be if he had the crosses Frankie Hejduk gave.

John - I am a fan of 69 Goals, and i probably saw 40 of the goals fisrt hand. Over the last year, he lived on his past accolades but today, i think his time should be numbered. People say experience counts, but not as a foward. Performance counts. I know that people make mistakes, but when he received the call from Carlos, and he could not take it down it was embarrasing. I went to practice today and my American teamates thought that it was the most embarassing thing as well. To bring a ball down with his left foot? That is embarassing. That opportunity was a sure goal, cause had he taken it down it would have been a 2v1 for TandT. What he does best is holding up the ball and bringing it down. I like that about him. I hope he perfoms better in the future. I hate the attitude that he has, when for example A. Edwards messed up a pass and he put his hand in the air and when he gave a goal away he walks off. Scotty should have come on for him in the 60min in my eyes.

Despite the pressure and laughter i experienced from my teamates i saw alot of from the game:
  • The Wolfe experiment is over
  • Birchall's inability to check for the ball is exposed
  • Carlos showed class and that he knows how to play even if his team is not
  • Lawrence can still hold the fort
  • Thomas is a poison to the defence, and he needs to go
  • More scouting needs to be done on opposing teams.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Views on T&T v USA game.
« Reply #91 on: April 02, 2009, 07:35:07 AM »
D man say he doh scout so we need Holly B

Thomas does make meh miss Dog

D classic for d night was takin off Wolfe and bringin on Hislop
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
Re: Why?
« Reply #92 on: April 02, 2009, 08:00:13 AM »
Why take off Chris Birchall when he was the hardest working man on the field?

in dentistry, sometimes yuh does pull de wrong tooth!  ;)

Offline mouie

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: April 02, 2009, 08:00:34 AM »
I said we had to play the US a defensive game.With Dwight out and the team not playing well a defensive game would have workeand best.A 4.5.1 and hope for the goal on the counter attact with any one or our fowards.Even if 1 score on we it better than looking like babies.Leo tried to teach us that but we allways think we cloud skill our way into a win.

Oh well on to the next game!

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
Re: USA vs T&T, HON vs MEX: Through the eyes of a Jacan
« Reply #94 on: April 02, 2009, 08:00:53 AM »
Your title should read...

USA vs T&T, HON vs MEX: Through the eyes of a Jackass.
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Why?
« Reply #95 on: April 02, 2009, 08:03:05 AM »
Why substitute a defender at half time when you are down one goal?  Did we make a mistake on the initial selection?
He was clearly having a bad game and something had to be done. Daz not rocket science

Why take off Chris Birchall when he was the hardest working man on the field?
No answer for this one. Birchall was alo distributing the ball well. Only player who can play a long ball

Why play Birchall defensive midfield when he has a 40 yard rocket?
Because we need 2 defensive mids to stem the tide

Why not substitue Kenwyn Jones when he added nothing for 90 minutes?
Cuz he get cuss for leaving him on the bench on Saturday

Why not bring on Latapy at halftime?
Latas has 15 to 20 mins in him on a good night. Game was already outta hand so may as well give the young fellas a run

Why not play Stern John in midfield?  Stern John's position is no longer an offensive player (he played well tonight) but he needs to do like Dwight Yorke and switch to midfield.  He is a good passer of the ball.
Like you eh see who had our best chances tonight or what? Stern is a hitman

Why not put Stern John in the midfield (it should not be hard to find a midfield player to leave home), and add Cornell Glen to the team.

Why is Brent Sancho not on the team?
Does he even play football any more?

Why is Colin Samuel not on the team?
no clue. what kind of form is he in

Why is that C%#$ still the head coach?

This coach does not have a clue as to what he is doing!
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: April 02, 2009, 08:09:22 AM »
Dont belive the Hype, Honduras is Up and down That same them you see their will lose to TnT at home They will be battling with the rest of US.

Mexico I think will get the top spot with the US with the other 4 battling for the next 1 and half spots.

The key for TnT is if they can stay within striking range of el salavador Honduras and CR with 4-5 games left.

It is not that I think Mexico is good but 12 -15 home pts will be good for ist and 2nd in this group, nobody is taking real licks. like how panama take last time

Offline NUFF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: April 02, 2009, 08:09:24 AM »
It is amazing to me how everybody lighting up Akile Edwards but not Keon Daniel.  Keon Daniel was the worst player on the field last night.  The reason Akile Edwards looks so bad is because Keon Daniel does not come back to defend.  When Edwards is defending one on one he does not look as bad.  Sure he makes some mistakes which is to be expected from a young player.  But it does not matter who we put at left back if Keon Daniel continues to waltz around the field and not track the overlapping defender or midfielder.  Numerous times last night I watched as Keon Daniel's man just ran free while he stood around gaping.  What that does is continously put Akile Edwards in a 1 vs 2 situation and then he looks bad.

Once again I am not saying that Edwards doesn't deserve some of the blame but most of it should be focused on Keon Daniel.  On the first goal Wolfe got caught ball watching but if Akile Edwards had stayed between the ball and Altidore that first goal would not have scored.  

It's funny how everybody bawling fuh Cyd Gray to be brought back but ah wonder how many people remember when Cyd Gray made his debut at right back.  It was in de 2001 qualifiers away to Costa Rica and he was eaten alive.  That night Cyd Gray was Hernan Medford bitch.  Early in his career the same thing men saying about Akile Edwards now is de same thing they were saying about Cyd Gray back then.  

Right now this team has regressed to how we looked pre Beenhakker in 2005.  We are not a team.  There is absolutely no cohesiveness what so ever.  One of the major problems we have is that we do not play compact.  Look at our games and you can almost always see three distinct lines on the field.  There are our two forwards playing flat then a big gap then our midfield almost flat then a big gap then our defenders almost always playing flat.  This was one of the first things Beenie corrected when he took over he made up play more compact which closed the big gaps between our forwards and midfields and our midfielders and defenders.

Akile Edwards will be out for the next game let's see if his replacement fares any better with Keon Daniel in front of him.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: April 02, 2009, 08:19:36 AM »
I said we had to play the US a defensive game.With Dwight out and the team not playing well a defensive game would have workeand best.A 4.5.1 and hope for the goal on the counter attact with any one or our fowards.Even if 1 score on we it better than looking like babies.Leo tried to teach us that but we allways think we cloud skill our way into a win.

Oh well on to the next game!

boss wit d right personnel 4-5-1, 4-4-1-1, 4-2-3-1 could how ever u want to cut it can serve both ends, how come noel eh get ah run over leon, I herein good things about he
« Last Edit: April 02, 2009, 08:25:06 AM by lefty »
I pity the fool....

Offline Arimaman

• Arima Compre
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: A player's perspective (please read)
« Reply #99 on: April 02, 2009, 08:21:42 AM »

A report on each player:
Kenyo Thomas - I personally don't think he is a good player, But on that night he WAS EXTRA BAD . Lost alot of head balls to Altidore, When he won the head balls the were off, poor marking skills, poor positioning as a defender ( on the second goal when Donovan went out wide, he left the middle of the defense causing it stretch and allowing Altidore an easy path through the middle). He is a laborer, with no skill. He can't play wit the ball at his feet.

Dennis Lawrence - Had the best game out of all the defenders. Won all the head balls, played well with the ball, and kept with the strikers. However, he lost concentration in the game and lost his marker. A huge part to this was because the wingbacks were exploited and the drew him out. Ok game tallman

A. Edwards - Please make a count of this stat if you look at highlights of the game. He passed the ball to the US team, either in throw-ins or passes 21 times. His lack of experience showed. He did not learn from his mistakes during the game, which is a bad sign. The US did not play with a right-wing essentially, and used Frankie Hejduk to bring in crosses. He crossed in the ball passed Edwards over 10-15 times. That is horrible. He never forced him to bo back. He could not string a proper pass together. He allowed Altidore to get on the inside and muscle his way to the first goal. But i guess in defence force, he is a big defender or a big player. As a player, i think his confidence was low after the first goal and Ince and company were yelling at him all game. Looked extremely uneasy before the game. 

C. Edwards. I think his class was over the rest. His runs were well-timed. He came back to help the defence. He needs alot of help from his midfield to be effective. Due to Chris Birchall's fear of receiving the ball, he was forced to play in the middle at times, more than he should. Not the best crosser, but whats new. Put alot of pressure on Beasley and played very sensibly and within his game. He was fired up for that game.

Chris Birchall - I did not think he played worst that he really does. He was exposed during the game, to what his game really is. He was avoiding his role to receive the ball from the defenders. (please watch the clips) He did not check towards the ball to receive it. He tried defensively, but that is not good enough, because in today's game all defensive midfielders distribute the ball (Marco Sena, Andrea Pirlo, Micheal Carrick). He feeds off the other midfielders like Yorke, Latapy even Theobald and let's them retrieve the ball and he sits. That night, it was his job and he could not do it. His touch is not the best but he is a good guy. I think he got sub'ed because he did not get the ball. Chris i know you will probably read this but you should work on your attacking part of the game. Look to receive te ball from the defence more, this will help the team.

Leon - Did not play sensibly. Was, like Birchall inexistent. Hid from getting the ball. poor positioning and supporting the strikers. He did not string any good passes. However, defensively, i thought he was good at closing the midfielders down. Yet, he lost the battle...

Daniel - Showed he had class, but like Carlos, needed elp from the center midfielders. He is a player that works best with the ball played to him in a one v one position. However, because the center midfielders lacked the ability to go get the ball, he had the ball around the half-line and as such was ineffective. He needed to help Edwards more, but i dont know what the coach told him about defending.

Jones - I think he was good. Once again, he need alot of help from the midfield. Won alot of flick-ons but John, did not help the case. Moreover, when he held the ball up, he had no midfielders to lay it off to. Picture how attacking he would be if he had the crosses Frankie Hejduk gave.

John - I am a fan of 69 Goals, and i probably saw 40 of the goals fisrt hand. Over the last year, he lived on his past accolades but today, i think his time should be numbered. People say experience counts, but not as a foward. Performance counts. I know that people make mistakes, but when he received the call from Carlos, and he could not take it down it was embarrasing. I went to practice today and my American teamates thought that it was the most embarassing thing as well. To bring a ball down with his left foot? That is embarassing. That opportunity was a sure goal, cause had he taken it down it would have been a 2v1 for TandT. What he does best is holding up the ball and bringing it down. I like that about him. I hope he perfoms better in the future. I hate the attitude that he has, when for example A. Edwards messed up a pass and he put his hand in the air and when he gave a goal away he walks off. Scotty should have come on for him in the 60min in my eyes.

Despite the pressure and laughter i experienced from my teamates i saw alot of from the game:
  • The Wolfe experiment is over
  • Birchall's inability to check for the ball is exposed
  • Carlos showed class and that he knows how to play even if his team is not
  • Lawrence can still hold the fort
  • Thomas is a poison to the defence, and he needs to go
  • More scouting needs to be done on opposing teams.

Saddest, are you serious!  K. Thomas and Lawrence both had outstanding games dude.....Are you kidding me?  Which air balls the US won...We won 95% of all head balls with our central defenders.

Daniel showed class?  Which class yuh talking bout?  Steups... he was the worst yes I said it the worst player on the pitch last night.  He should have come off in the first half, so bad was his performance.....

Hear what nah, learn the game and come back and post something constructive....steups.
Arimian to meh heart

Offline trini supporter

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: April 02, 2009, 08:27:14 AM »
Overall this was a very disappointing performance i think our main problem is we playing to slow we not reacting quickly enough and this caused the first two goals . We have some major problems defensively with A. Edwards who had a pretty bad game but also wit keyeno and Lawrence who i found with his experience was making some silly mistakes. Keon only show a little bit of what he could do in the second half , this guy needs a club he having problems keeping the ball. Jones is also having similar problems everytime he get the ball he losing it. To me we only had one clear cut chance when Carlos run out he liver string and finally put in a good cross only for John as usual to miss it >:(

Offline dervaig

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: April 02, 2009, 08:27:56 AM »
Slow is an understatement.

Trinidad is in its rightful position, at the bottom of the table
looking up.
Nobody on the Trinidad team had a good game, no one.
The score was 3 ZERO, no one had a good game!

When it comes to tactical moves, it has to be presumed
Maturana is calling the shots.
If that is the case, why ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH did he take
off Birchall?
The 2nd and 3rd goal came right up the middle
Who is the solitary plug to make the tackle when the other team
comes up the middle?

Quite honestly, IF we were to come 4th in this competition, we
will face either Uruguay or Chile, NEITHER of which we have a chance.

The game was a game up until Birchall was on, once he got subbed,
we were in triuble.

Offline rickstaa

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: April 02, 2009, 08:28:59 AM »
spot on rf,we will continue to bring up the rear once we have that DUNCE as head coach

Offline Father Abraham

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: April 02, 2009, 08:31:49 AM »
the boy kenwyn jones is really a boy in a man's body. his main attribute is his size which ables him to post up defenders and distribute the ball, however without the right touch he can't control the ball to distribute so most times he seems ineffective. his size also gives him the ability to head and score goals. other than that as a striker he is limited. playing in england he gets good crosses so he scores but at a regalar pace and contributes, they love big solid strikers in england. now playing for tnt he does not get any service so he does not score any goals, he can't dribble, his touch is poor so he can't create for himself, he is limited, very limited as a striker.

the biggest thing about kj is that he does not have a true position, he is not a striker and he seems lost out there on the field.

frankly i am not the least impressed by him at international level and he needs to get his act together fast.

Offline dwn

• Hero Warrior
  • "Hands that help are holier than lips that pray"
    • View Profile
    • Arsenal Now!
« Reply #104 on: April 02, 2009, 08:33:39 AM »
My thoughts after the US game.

GK - Ince is probably the best we have. Had a decent game. Should have done better for the 3rd goal though.

LB - Is Aklie Edwards better than Avery John? Edwards is not good enough. Daniel's lack of defensive work makes him look worse but using that as an excuse for his display is being generous to Edwards. The man just isn't good enough for international level.

RB - Wolfe isn't good enough either. We should use Carlos in RB. I rather lose some quality in the right of midfield than in defense. And with the right player in front of him and with his engine he will still have opportunities to get forward (like most wing backs in modern football)

CB - Dennis is probably the best we have. I not a fan of Keyeno Thomas. I think he is too slow and clumsy. That said he hasn't been playing badly. Who else do we have though. Don't know how good Julius is at this level or how Andrews looking now but I doubt Keyeno is much better than any of the two. I think Osei Telesford should have been groomed as another CB option. After his first displays in the national team (a Digicel Cup down here) I thought he showed a lot of potential as a CB. I don't think he has what it takes to be a midfielder. Another player who I thought had a bit of potential but disappeared after a brief stint with the national team was a fella name Keston Williams. Don't know enough about him though. I might have just seen him on a good day.

CM - Why doesn't Birchall play the full 90 minutes? He his the only central midfielder we have who plays with a high enough work rate and tempo. The only other player on our team that can match his intensity right now is Carlos. And unfortunately our entire midfield needs to be working that hard to compete and have a chance of controlling games.

LM - Keon Daniel is not a natural winger but I think he has enough ability to do well there. Don't expect him to be streaking forward like Carlos and taking on players. I think he is more suited to playing a similar role to Beckham - a technical playmaker from a wide position and set piece specialist. He has decent ability once he gets his foot on the ball and his kicking technique is good as well. He needs to improve his work rate tho.

RM - Carlos is doing his job. Do we have anyone else who could put in a decent shift in RM though? That so we could drop Carlos back to the RB and strengthen our defense.

ST - Stern is playing decent if you ask me. The only thing I can really fault him for is the missed penalty against El Salvador. Which was HUGE. Kenwyne is out of form BAD. Scotland looks sharp in possession and should have gotten more time tonight.

With the players we have this is how I would like to see the side playing.

STERN   SCOTLAND
          DANIEL                 HYLAND   - with daniel and highland playing a lil more inside than an out and out winger
                 BIRCHALL YORKE        - with birchall and yorke both playing deep to provide defensive cover
EDWARDS  LAWRENCE  KEYENO  CARLOS - let birchall sit deep and cover when carlos overlaps
                         INCE                               

Id rather see someone else instead of Edwards and Keyeno though.
And also would like to see Daryl Roberts given an opportunity.

Offline Weh-it-is

• Hero Warrior
  • Football is Rhythm. Yeah is Me Hammer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: April 02, 2009, 08:44:39 AM »
 ???
The ball is like a magnet if you continue to knock it…it will attract, and then you can attack.  Get it?

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: April 02, 2009, 09:09:32 AM »
It is amazing to me how everybody lighting up Akile Edwards but not Keon Daniel.  Keon Daniel was the worst player on the field last night.  The reason Akile Edwards looks so bad is because Keon Daniel does not come back to defend.  When Edwards is defending one on one he does not look as bad.  Sure he makes some mistakes which is to be expected from a young player.  But it does not matter who we put at left back if Keon Daniel continues to waltz around the field and not track the overlapping defender or midfielder.  Numerous times last night I watched as Keon Daniel's man just ran free while he stood around gaping.  What that does is continously put Akile Edwards in a 1 vs 2 situation and then he looks bad.

Once again I am not saying that Edwards doesn't deserve some of the blame but most of it should be focused on Keon Daniel.  On the first goal Wolfe got caught ball watching but if Akile Edwards had stayed between the ball and Altidore that first goal would not have scored.  

It's funny how everybody bawling fuh Cyd Gray to be brought back but ah wonder how many people remember when Cyd Gray made his debut at right back.  It was in de 2001 qualifiers away to Costa Rica and he was eaten alive.  That night Cyd Gray was Hernan Medford bitch.  Early in his career the same thing men saying about Akile Edwards now is de same thing they were saying about Cyd Gray back then.  

Right now this team has regressed to how we looked pre Beenhakker in 2005.  We are not a team.  There is absolutely no cohesiveness what so ever.  One of the major problems we have is that we do not play compact.  Look at our games and you can almost always see three distinct lines on the field.  There are our two forwards playing flat then a big gap then our midfield almost flat then a big gap then our defenders almost always playing flat.  This was one of the first things Beenie corrected when he took over he made up play more compact which closed the big gaps between our forwards and midfields and our midfielders and defenders.

Akile Edwards will be out for the next game let's see if his replacement fares any better with Keon Daniel in front of him.

Daniel rarely ventured forward. Instead he stayed back alot. Even if he did not help out Edwards, who is to blaming for Edwards inability to pass the ball to a teamate? The guy have time and space and by the time he take to recieve the ball and look to make a pass he get close down and then kicking the ball on the oponent.  ??? Who is to blame for that?
Daniel played a ball back and drifted wide to drag a defender so Edwards could play forward, sadist kick (can't even use pass) the ball into the defender. 
When he run back attacker laways get position on him, and his body positioning is always facing his goal. So even if he win the ball he still in problems.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline NJsTriniGunna

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: April 02, 2009, 09:34:25 AM »
As a group, i think our passes were definitely poor. Sometimes I thought we could have kept a low to the ground pass, but instead we turn it over with the long air balls. There was little pressure on the ball when the US had it. Also, the support for the players with the ball was pretty poor, which contributed to the poor passes. I feel like we had trouble handling the ball as well. many times we would recieve a pass, and the ball would bounce in a random direction(usually towards an american player).

Offline slates

• Sr. Warrior
  • Big-up L'Anse Mitan Carenage
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: April 02, 2009, 09:38:30 AM »
Ince:
played with a heavy heart, but played dam good I thought, except for the last goal. Showed he could chest trap better then we million-pound forward, and head just as good.

Tallest:
Cut off damn near everythig in the air. Good job. Could have been more vocal in directing the other defenders to pick up the runners.

Thomas:
He try, but too flat footed. Did fiar with the air balls as well.

Edwards/Wolfe:
The good, they stayed back. The bad, they stayed. The ugly, they eh pick up a runner yet.

Birchall:
Thank God this fella not a born Trini yes. He eh fraid to look ugly atoll, long as he win dat ball, stick a foot in, kick d f*ck out of it, buut it, whatever, long as he get it out. We need this fella more than we know yes, so like I said, thank God.

Carlos:
Poor fella we. If only he had 2 more like-minded players intent on attacking, is all I could say. If I was he, I wasn even botherin to make dat 4kin long-ass flight across the Atlantic for shit like dat no more nah.

Daniel:
See the comment about Birchall, well this fella epitomize the Trini man... PRETTY BOY. Just dat Pretty not effective, not for what he out there to do. But hell, we know we go get we ass beat, so if he toolum couple men, hmmm, we might let him slide, only to say, he skillful and have potential. Trinis satisfied with potential, even if it never realised.

Stern:
He try, but only as Stern could. We know he eh go run nuff,  but if he get a chance... if only he get a chance... and we go hold we breath because we know, if Stern only get a chance... so we continue to wait.

Kenwyne:
This is another TRINI to d bone. LAZY... But say what, here too, we have this feeling dat he due for a break-out game... if Carlos only cross one, and Kenwyne only... Wait, but Carlos did cross one, and what Kenwyne had to do was attack the first post and... but he not dat type of player. It has to be the right length, and the right height, and in the perfect spot. Sadly though, we don't have anybody who could deliver like that on a consistent basis. So with Kenwyne too, we continue to wait.

Maturana:
I tired Dred. I cyah finish this. Somebody help mi please nah.
Toujour Pret!

Offline reggae-fan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: April 02, 2009, 09:56:49 AM »
Dont belive the Hype, Honduras is Up and down That same them you see their will lose to TnT at home They will be battling with the rest of US.

Mexico I think will get the top spot with the US with the other 4 battling for the next 1 and half spots.

The key for TnT is if they can stay within striking range of el salavador Honduras and CR with 4-5 games left.

It is not that I think Mexico is good but 12 -15 home pts will be good for ist and 2nd in this group, nobody is taking real licks. like how panama take last time

I wouldnt be too quick to write off Honduras so fast. ased on the cut-arse they put on Mexico last night, they are legitimate contenders for one of the automatic berths. They are a very physical, strong bunch of players...the type of team that the USA and Mexico absolutely dislike playing against.

Carlo costly has all the attributes of a good striker. Height, strenth, skill. Rambo Deleon..no wonder this guys play in the Serie A
« Last Edit: April 02, 2009, 09:59:46 AM by reggae-fan »

Offline bajanscout

• bajanscout
  • Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
blunders ,blunders , how many do we have?
« Reply #110 on: April 02, 2009, 11:07:25 AM »
Our players as we can see is not up to par with the rest of the world ,we still playing the same kind of football from since god knows..KJ get rid of him because he isnt doing anything for us ,he knows he is our star player so i get it gives him the rights to play the way he do .....bring back aurthis whitley ,densil theobald, cyd grey,scott sealey ,brent sancho ,kelvin jack and get rid of the hurrifying garbage we had on the field last night ..We have no midfield ,forwards need to be more creative or move over for new bloods.Goalkeepers every game its a mistake by one of you guys,we need stability bring back kelvin jack cause thats the best we got unless we go scouting for new talent...Defence wow lol!!!! is a lost cause we have potential midfielders playing defense what are we doing..plzzzzzzzzzz make changing ...........
bajanscout

Offline samo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: April 02, 2009, 11:22:01 AM »
Just reach back from Nashville... Rumour has it that Pacho's days are numbered..I got this from a reliable source, but cannot say who as yet, and I am sure you can figure out why....I also hope it is true...It may not happen right away, as it appears they do not have a replacment yet.

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: April 02, 2009, 11:27:30 AM »
Just reach back from Nashville... Rumour has it that Pacho's days are numbered..I got this from a reliable source, but cannot say who as yet, and I am sure you can figure out why....I also hope it is true...It may not happen right away, as it appears they do not have a replacment yet.

Source tell me that he did not speak to the team last night after the game. Was Latas and Yorke who talked to them.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: April 02, 2009, 11:41:26 AM »
T&T player ratings
By Greg Lalas (goal.com)

Clayton Ince: 5. Nothing he could do on the first two goals after his defense let him down. Horrible error on the third goal.

Akile Edwards: 4.5. Out of his depth. Lost Altidore for the first goal. A sloppy tackle produced the game’s only yellow card.

Keyeno Thomas: 6.5. One of T&T’s only bright lights. Big, tough, and willing to battle with Ching for air balls. Plus, made smart decisions on when to step up and defend high.

Dennis Lawrence: 5. Practically unseen in the first 45, then made to look silly by Altidore on the second goal.

Anthony Wolfe: 4. Overmatched against Donovan, and lost possession much too easily. Left for dead on the play that led to the first goal.

Keon Daniel: 5.5. Good first step and tried to make things happen on the left flank. Couldn’t get past Hejduk enough to deliver a truly dangerous ball. Had a decent attempt on a rebound from a free kick.

Clyde Leon: 4.5. Was he even on the field? Invisible from the opening kick.

Christopher Birchall: 5. Largely overwhelmed in the middle, with little distribution up to the forwards. Any extra touch on the ball was shut down quickly by Mastroeni and Bradley.

Carlos Edwards: 6.5. The Soca Warriors other bright light. Crafty and tenacious on the ball, but with so little help behind him, was forced to hold back too often. His world-class speed caused problems for Beasley in the second half.

Stern John: 5. Not what one would expect from someone with 69 career international goals. Made Trinidad fans miss 37-year-old Dwight Yorke that much more.

Kenwyne Jones: 6. Showed that he plays in a top league, providing a decent target option. But he had no help. And he missed his one half-chance, putting his shot just past the bar.

Substitutions
Makan Hislop (46’): 4.5. No more effective than Akile Edwards at stopping Donovan. Skinned alive for the second goal. But, hey, he didn’t get booked.
Khaleem Hyland (56’): 5. Made one nice run into the attack but nothing came of it.
Jason Scotland (72’): 5. Nothing of note.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Corbeaux

« Reply #114 on: April 02, 2009, 11:54:01 AM »
If you fight without a cause, there will be no reward- the difference between this team and the wc team.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: April 02, 2009, 11:55:28 AM »
KJ get a 6  :o
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: April 02, 2009, 12:01:47 PM »
before de game man was saying dat dey hope we get ah point from dis game ...well we did ! the point is we are not ready for this hex ! If de US had taken more of their chances we could have been more embarassed ! Altidore scored three but he missed the easiest chance to score ! ...is like a commentator  said ...de US was teeing up Altidore for the hattrick as any one of three could have scored the third goal ! When side doing you dat ..you not in the same race !

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: April 02, 2009, 12:02:51 PM »

funny how u speaking aabout  keon daniel not running back  being a big part in A.Edwards looking bad then go on to make reference to cyd gray's game against costa rica. I assuming u saw that game. why i feel the need to say assuming is because even the commentators in that game felt sorry 4 cyd gray because he wasnt getting help from any other player on the field. not right wing   nor cb . nada. if u can watch that game over again. please do.

out side of that i generally agree with you but i felt need to defend cyd since  i remember that game so clearly
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline Michael-j

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: April 02, 2009, 12:04:09 PM »
KJ get a 6  :o

I think the author was watching a different game. :o

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: April 02, 2009, 12:04:25 PM »
before de game man was saying dat dey hope we get ah point from dis game ...well we did ! the point is we are not ready for this hex ! If de US had taken more of their chances we could have been more embarassed ! Altidore scored three but he missed the easiest chance to score ! ...is like a commentator  said ...de US was teeing up Altidore for the hattrick as any one of three could have scored the third goal ! When side doing you dat ..you not in the same race !

I know we was not ready because IC D fro in action

1]; } ?>