April 19, 2024, 10:20:24 AM

Author Topic: Views on T&T v USA game.  (Read 33833 times)

Offline bajanscout

• bajanscout
  • Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Views on T&T v USA game.
« Reply #120 on: April 02, 2009, 12:06:05 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6qTCf8JExCM                             if he could make them save them shit ince make score could been save hes too fat and slow put kelvin jack back in goal cause the three men we have isnt good
bajanscout

Offline bajanscout

• bajanscout
  • Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: blunders ,blunders , how many do we have?
« Reply #121 on: April 02, 2009, 12:08:07 PM »
no excuses fire matura fire russell as assistant bring inn da brazilian coach the fired from chelsea
bajanscout

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: April 02, 2009, 12:08:56 PM »
our offensively gifted players do not take on men. i am sure we have the best dribblers in the hex. usa's 2nd goal. donovon rinse out hislop  and square d ball.....goal.

how many times did our players actually take on an opponent and beat them. daniel did it hyland did but not enough  and not in crucial areas of the field .

we not technicallly sound . we not strong in defence . yet we fail to use our strength
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline saga pinto

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: A player's perspective (please read)
« Reply #123 on: April 02, 2009, 12:14:55 PM »

A report on each player:
Kenyo Thomas - I personally don't think he is a good player, But on that night he WAS EXTRA BAD . Lost alot of head balls to Altidore, When he won the head balls the were off, poor marking skills, poor positioning as a defender ( on the second goal when Donovan went out wide, he left the middle of the defense causing it stretch and allowing Altidore an easy path through the middle). He is a laborer, with no skill. He can't play wit the ball at his feet.

Dennis Lawrence - Had the best game out of all the defenders. Won all the head balls, played well with the ball, and kept with the strikers. However, he lost concentration in the game and lost his marker. A huge part to this was because the wingbacks were exploited and the drew him out. Ok game tallman

A. Edwards - Please make a count of this stat if you look at highlights of the game. He passed the ball to the US team, either in throw-ins or passes 21 times. His lack of experience showed. He did not learn from his mistakes during the game, which is a bad sign. The US did not play with a right-wing essentially, and used Frankie Hejduk to bring in crosses. He crossed in the ball passed Edwards over 10-15 times. That is horrible. He never forced him to bo back. He could not string a proper pass together. He allowed Altidore to get on the inside and muscle his way to the first goal. But i guess in defence force, he is a big defender or a big player. As a player, i think his confidence was low after the first goal and Ince and company were yelling at him all game. Looked extremely uneasy before the game. 

C. Edwards. I think his class was over the rest. His runs were well-timed. He came back to help the defence. He needs alot of help from his midfield to be effective. Due to Chris Birchall's fear of receiving the ball, he was forced to play in the middle at times, more than he should. Not the best crosser, but whats new. Put alot of pressure on Beasley and played very sensibly and within his game. He was fired up for that game.

Chris Birchall - I did not think he played worst that he really does. He was exposed during the game, to what his game really is. He was avoiding his role to receive the ball from the defenders. (please watch the clips) He did not check towards the ball to receive it. He tried defensively, but that is not good enough, because in today's game all defensive midfielders distribute the ball (Marco Sena, Andrea Pirlo, Micheal Carrick). He feeds off the other midfielders like Yorke, Latapy even Theobald and let's them retrieve the ball and he sits. That night, it was his job and he could not do it. His touch is not the best but he is a good guy. I think he got sub'ed because he did not get the ball. Chris i know you will probably read this but you should work on your attacking part of the game. Look to receive te ball from the defence more, this will help the team.

Leon - Did not play sensibly. Was, like Birchall inexistent. Hid from getting the ball. poor positioning and supporting the strikers. He did not string any good passes. However, defensively, i thought he was good at closing the midfielders down. Yet, he lost the battle...

Daniel - Showed he had class, but like Carlos, needed elp from the center midfielders. He is a player that works best with the ball played to him in a one v one position. However, because the center midfielders lacked the ability to go get the ball, he had the ball around the half-line and as such was ineffective. He needed to help Edwards more, but i dont know what the coach told him about defending.

Jones - I think he was good. Once again, he need alot of help from the midfield. Won alot of flick-ons but John, did not help the case. Moreover, when he held the ball up, he had no midfielders to lay it off to. Picture how attacking he would be if he had the crosses Frankie Hejduk gave.

John - I am a fan of 69 Goals, and i probably saw 40 of the goals fisrt hand. Over the last year, he lived on his past accolades but today, i think his time should be numbered. People say experience counts, but not as a foward. Performance counts. I know that people make mistakes, but when he received the call from Carlos, and he could not take it down it was embarrasing. I went to practice today and my American teamates thought that it was the most embarassing thing as well. To bring a ball down with his left foot? That is embarassing. That opportunity was a sure goal, cause had he taken it down it would have been a 2v1 for TandT. What he does best is holding up the ball and bringing it down. I like that about him. I hope he perfoms better in the future. I hate the attitude that he has, when for example A. Edwards messed up a pass and he put his hand in the air and when he gave a goal away he walks off. Scotty should have come on for him in the 60min in my eyes.

Despite the pressure and laughter i experienced from my teamates i saw alot of from the game:
  • The Wolfe experiment is over
  • Birchall's inability to check for the ball is exposed
  • Carlos showed class and that he knows how to play even if his team is not
  • Lawrence can still hold the fort
  • Thomas is a poison to the defence, and he needs to go
  • More scouting needs to be done on opposing teams.

Saddest, are you serious!  K. Thomas and Lawrence both had outstanding games dude.....Are you kidding me?  Which air balls the US won...We won 95% of all head balls with our central defenders.

Daniel showed class?  Which class yuh talking bout?  Steups... he was the worst yes I said it the worst player on the pitch last night.  He should have come off in the first half, so bad was his performance.....

Hear what nah, learn the game and come back and post something constructive....steups.

Listen I agree with you on keon daniel he ent worth all that hype,if yuh doh drop back or yuh doh tackle forget playing football,but with that said I agree with most of what the man said,keyeno thomas is not a class defender and never will,he's a voom kicker defender from the 60's I always use to advocate that defenders should play alongside strikers while training even switching roles at times.

I'm just a fan who played the game for over 30 years and has some understanding of the game,so respect to the other posters opinions but that game exposed a lot of holes in our game and to a large extent showed the incompetence of a lot of our players.

I certainly hope they come to there senses soon and do a quick restructering of the team so as to acheive the right balance.

Here's my line-up:                           In Goal
                                                  kelvin jack(if yuh could get him)Ince

lawrence

julius james                   sancho(if yuh could get him)???   birchall

Samuel                       Yorke/ Hyland(latas 2nd )  Edwards

Glen /S. john                    

All the intangibles are here speed, control,skill,composure,confidence and a winning mentality.....god bless.  

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: TnT vs USA. We're not playing our game
« Reply #124 on: April 02, 2009, 12:19:21 PM »
Is it just me or are we continuing to play a game that is NOT our game. We have more individual talent than most but where was it on the field of play vs the USA? Nobody running at the defense to unnerve them, except or course when we bring on Russell. Why is Maturana not letting players play our style of football. The long ball etc is simply not working. Feedback welcome

Huh?..Trinis love to say we have more individual tealent than every onle else cause we cold dragg and hit man spanner...question to you ...Where is all this more individual talent that we supposedly have when comparing us to other concacaf countries??

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: TnT vs USA. We're not playing our game
« Reply #125 on: April 02, 2009, 12:22:58 PM »
Is it just me or are we continuing to play a game that is NOT our game. We have more individual talent than most but where was it on the field of play vs the USA? Nobody running at the defense to unnerve them, except or course when we bring on Russell. Why is Maturana not letting players play our style of football. The long ball etc is simply not working. Feedback welcome

Huh?..Trinis love to say we have more individual tealent than every onle else cause we cold dragg and hit man spanner...question to you ...Where is all this more individual talent that we supposedly have when comparing us to other concacaf countries??

D cemetry full ah talented peeps y dey eh use d talent.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: April 02, 2009, 12:25:54 PM »
They should Hire the Bajan who used to coach Joe Public.
Then bring in Rihana to give them a pep talk on how to take good licks.... :rotfl: just joking

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: April 02, 2009, 12:27:10 PM »
They should Hire the Bajan who used to coach Joe Public.
Then bring in Rihana to give them a pep talk on how to take good licks.... :rotfl: just joking

DV eh funny
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline rippin

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: USA vs T&T, HON vs MEX: Through the eyes of a Jacan
« Reply #128 on: April 02, 2009, 12:43:26 PM »
Slow is an understatement.

Trinidad is in its rightful position, at the bottom of the table
looking up.
Nobody on the Trinidad team had a good game, no one.
The score was 3 ZERO, no one had a good game!

When it comes to tactical moves, it has to be presumed
Maturana is calling the shots.
If that is the case, why ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH did he take
off Birchall?
The 2nd and 3rd goal came right up the middle
Who is the solitary plug to make the tackle when the other team
comes up the middle?

Quite honestly, IF we were to come 4th in this competition, we
will face either Uruguay or Chile, NEITHER of which we have a chance.

The game was a game up until Birchall was on, once he got subbed,
we were in triuble.

I totally agree. This is not the first time the game went south after the subs started. I saw something in this team in the first half and for about 10 mins in the second half where it looked like they could compete. Latas should have come on and started to make the telling passes and hold the midfield so Stern could have stopped playing so deep.  At no point in any game should Birchie come off the field. We also need to go back to playing the ball on the ground and teeing up Birchie, Carlos  and whoever for shots. I glad for Kenwyne at Sunderland but the man does not fit into Trinidad's style of playing. We don't whip in crosses and the man back to the goal game degenerate. His touch was poor since b4 the hex. That is not a problem with form. If we have a striker who coming into to the midfield he should be able to run at defenses and create space for other players i.e. Scottie and maybe Glenn.
Genius is one per cent inspiration, ninety-nine per cent perspiration. (Thomas A. Edison )

Offline darrel3000

• Full Warrior
  • Go T&T Go!
    • View Profile
    • Professional Audio Sales & Live Event Production
« Reply #129 on: April 02, 2009, 12:49:56 PM »

I am so depressed right now, not because the usa beat us but that T&T really played badly and its so disappointing. obvoiusly the dust-up between Stern John and Kenwynne Jones affected the whole team, but they have played badly in all three WCQs so far.

it was painful watching that performance last night. I don't think they stringed 4 passes the whole game! no one seemed like they were really trying, even the usually reliable Carlos Edwards had his heart truned off, everyone played terribly. I dont think maturacraphole (Maturana) knows how to deal with these personalities. no team unity, not in defence, not in midfield and certainly not up front and the the keeper-clayton ince-seemed more interested in directing traffic than securing his sticks.

dumping kenwynne or stern john is not an option for us and i wonder if Dwight Yorke can make a difference. so at this point to gain any forward progress we need to sack the coach and get one who can bring the same command as beenhakker did foru years ago. someone has to pay and at this point the only scapegoat can be Maturana-mainly beacuse he doesnt have a handle on this team.   
What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans and the homeless, whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism or the holy name of liberty or democracy? You must be the change you want to see in the world.
    -Mahatma Gandhi

Offline okaki

• Jr. Warrior
  • Go! Silvio!
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: April 02, 2009, 12:50:10 PM »
The first problem is we don't have a dicipline.
Why did we watch USA player's dribble only when we miss the ball?
4 back is zone deffence, but our deffence is man-to-man of 3 back.

We watched the ball only, we didn't feel the "space".
And we gave the space to USA.
DF had to feel the opponent next action against the pass.

example, the first goal.
When the long pass, we watched the left side player or ball.
Nobody held Donovan. Wolfe chased once, but he stopped to chase at once.
He was free. The goal from his pass.
If we red thier aim, Denis or the other player moved and kicked the ball away.
We could deffence.

Offline bajanscout

• bajanscout
  • Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: April 02, 2009, 01:33:02 PM »
tell him again he aint funny      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ct7Qc9IeCng    watch this boss
bajanscout

Offline sebro2

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
USA vs T&T- my opinion on T&T's performance
« Reply #132 on: April 02, 2009, 01:35:07 PM »
Our performance had a lot of flaws in it...From the horrible play of both starting wing backs, A.Edwards and A. Wolfe, who seem to have never played at the youth level where I know for a fact that all coaches teach tracking and marking, that is following the opposing player that making the run, which was evident throughout the entire game and team..On the first goal Wolfe let Donovan run straight through for the flick on while A. Edwards was ball watching as Altidore just sneak in on the back side...
Another issue has to be our lack of spirit nobody except the centre backs, Stern, Carlos and Birchall of the starters played with any kind of hustle or hunger...the rest of the XI seemed content to just play the entire game in neutral...I know when I was growing up, and that still happening, I always aspired, and still do, to play for the national team as it is supposed to be an honour but like that is a lost thing probably cuz my father old school...few of these players are willing to bleed for their country imho...
Stern John had a very impressive game, we all know that Stern is a poacher a la Raul and Inzaghi, and he cannot do that if we not shooting or we playin with two defensive mids in Birchall and Leon, Stern had to drop deep to play as a link up man which he did very well but we know that Stern has never been a speedster so if he drops deep it is unlikely that he will make it into the box in time for a cross from Carlos which at my count is good one in three/four...we should honestly look at a role for Stern, if we insist on playing him it cannot be as a striker because service is as poor as a b-mobile if you living quite-o quite-o...
Carlos is our biggest threat going forward and this honestly is sad...Quite frankly he cannot cross the ball so yes he made some good runs and yes he played with heart but I can get to the bye line all day long and kick the ball off the field or too deep for any of our players too...
Keon Daniel had an okay game he passed well and attempted to take on the right back but his tendency is to drift inside as a player who has played CM the majority of his career...his defensive effort is lacking and this is why A.Edwards should be cussing him to come back as well as our captain and the rest of our team...
We cannot continue to start to defensive midfielders and expect to be a threat going forward Hyland needs to start as is evident when he came on the first good cross which KJ duly got the extra point for as it was a perfect field goal...
I saw some plays where T&T actually made four to five passes in succession which I have not seen in a long time but the main murderer of our football is team selection...either we bring back Sancho, Cyd and Avery and make this World Cup or play some young boys, take licks and in 2013 we could mount a serious challenge in the hex...

Offline Born Again!

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
The candid views of a heartbroken warrior
« Reply #133 on: April 02, 2009, 01:45:24 PM »
Fellas bear with me. This is my very first post and I just speaking from the heart right now. What take place last night in Tenessee was really hurtful. We didn't only lose but we were humiliated by Team USA. I thought the last 3-0 whipping in Chicago was the last as I convinced myself that we played a lot of junior players who were out of their depth. How wrong was I..To see senior players lose like that last night had me real down today...I in the tube going to work and yuh swear I had a death in my family. Sometimes I wonder if I taking this thing too serious but I know what it is....Is love for my team....Is love for my country..dais why is does hurt so..Yuh see when yuh outside whether in Europe, US, Canada etc yuh get to realise that people sometimes look down on Caribbean people. This is due to some science that I will not even get into tonight. Yuh does hear it in the English cricket commentary when they beating up on the Windies...Yuh does hear it when they beat we 3-0 in the Haseley Crawford stadium. You hear it before the World Cup as they thought we would be everybody's whipping boys. That's were we showed them that they don't know who we be...Warriors..Only 1 point but we take people respect....So what going on now???

My take on it is that it started with Jack Warner and his brand of politics. That derailed the vibe and ambition of Team 2006. The nasty blacklist...That was plantation politics..divide and conquer right through. Now JW doing this since I was a lil boy. My father was work with him in the early days of his administration and trust me JW never cared about players. So after the 2006 WC we went back 20 years. Then the dutchman get fired and I wasn't vex cuz I heard he hittin people and that dead wrong. They bring Maturana and to tell you the truth I am not a Maturana hater. But I think that he has shown that he can't develop the team and help the younger ones to grow. Therefore what we have is a mix and match festival...Try this one today..Drop dat one tommorow..No cohesion...No development..If he likes a player I expect him to work on the lad's weaknesses I expect to see growth. It's a sad fact that we lacking quality wing backs/full backs but 18 months is enough time to scout or groom a few. So we again spinning top in mud.

His judgement is also baffling at times...Scotty is the in form striker...Right now is he, Birchall, Yorke, Carlos, Tallest, Ince and any other 5. Latas good for a stellar 30mins that will bear fruit. From looking at the first 3 games like it or not Stern has actually deserved his playing time..Missed penalty and all. Again I am not a Stern fanatic but I am being objective. KJ lacking form and confidence and it's showing...and nothing is more hideous than a striker that has lost his confidence. Glen is on the fringes and must be involved also. Roberts is waiting in the wings. We have too many strikers for them to be without a goal in 3 matches. So Mat's stop embarrising KJ and let him find some form before putting him on. I am not going to go into the midfield crisis as men already cover that.

Anyway I wish my team the best in future games as we know it's not too late but drastic changes need to happen. Some of us have a flawed idea of skill as we think skill is synonymous with dribbling. Skill is made up of technicial awareness, control, vision, decision making, fight, fitness, ability to take instructions and adaptablility to conditions. Last night were were second best in every department. Players like Skilla need to grow into more than a player with a few dribbles and free kicks and I like the youth so I'm not fighting him down. I also want to thank all the forumites for their views. Since pre world cup i've been on this site religously and never posted. Allyuh fellas like family because is this is where I come to lick my wounds after we get a beating because I know everybody might not agree but we all feeling the pain together.

Blessings

and remember that although we love we Soca Warriors and we love we football. Your salvation is even more precious!

Offline Augi

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: The candid views of a heartbroken warrior
« Reply #134 on: April 02, 2009, 01:57:29 PM »
nice post boss...

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: April 02, 2009, 01:57:53 PM »
Allyuh , we have the players with the talent, but the coach not picking them!! bottom line.

i think what we are seeing is a result of poor coaching tactics, and it was evident from the 1st bermuda game!

for the first time in our history we didn't make ah GC, it's the hex and this man still experimenting wid players,

how the hell could you compete if yuh doh have ah settled core of players.

beenhakker had we playing like ah world class team , well organized with speed and less effort!

this coach is we problem, he's just not good enough/ atall!!

The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
The Americans don't respect us
« Reply #136 on: April 02, 2009, 02:08:52 PM »
...and why should they?

What have we done to put fear... or even respect in them? As a team they won't say it... and maybe all of them don't think it, but clearly they not afraid of anything we dress up in a kit and put before them.  When our attacking players get the ball at their feet, who among them will turn and run at a defender?  Carlos... maybe.  That's about it.

Kenwyne... he needs a perfectly delivered ball with just the right amount of pace and velocity, preferably with little spin that he can collect within 6 millimeters of the sweet spot on he instep, or maybe ah nice soft chest pass fuh him to trap.  Other than that, forget it... he's not a threat.

Stern and Scotty have better first touches... but at this point, unless dem post up inside the box with their backs to goal them ent really doing nutten.  I see Scotland get a nice thru ball last night and 50-year old Frankie Hejduk walk him down like is Usain Bolt who was chasing him... and strip him ah de ball too.

They don't respect our attacking players... and they certainly don't respect our defense.  From Donovan, to Beasley, to Bradley, to Altidore... every man who collect a pass last night looking to push it past the defender in red and run past him.  Fuh all de talk of de Americans playing "robot football"... robot football cutting we ass going and coming.  Donovan hit Makan Hislop one intercol beat last night to set up the second goal.  Completely undress him on de wing.  If Hislop couldn't spell "Donovan" before last night ah guarantee he know how to spell it now because he get ah nice long look as he was getting leave out.

And the American players... who could blame them for being so confident against us in the one-on-one?  Wha'is de worst could happen if dey fack up?  Two, three passes and they getting de ball back... guaranteed because we cyah do one ass with it.  They confident because they could afford to gamble and play loose... as Slates was telling me, they know we NOT going to score against them regardless, so dem basically playing with house money... they cyah lose either way.

... the other side of the respect coin is the fact that in this day and age, with twenty years of futility under we belt against them, it still have man in Trinidad and on this very board who refuse to respect US Soccer.  Now is not my place or intent to convince man to respect them, or chastise them for not respecting dem.  All I could do is point out how foolish it is.  The one thing you CANNOT do in battle is underestimate your opponent... just ask the Americans about Vietnam and Afghanistan/Iraq.  Now granted is not the one or two idiots from dis site who playing the game, but I still believe that as much as we players respect the Americans (maybe too much), they still underrating dem individually.  How else to explain man rushing in and getting leave out all over the pitch last night?  Fuhget de wrong address that Hislop collect... dem men was hitting we all kinda heel flick and thing.  Dempsey even try ah bicycle in de box.  Ching get ah long diagonal pass on de wing and Donovan instinctively run in behind him.  Ching defender (Thomas?) was too pre-occupied with the ball coming in to bother to lay off and help cover Donovan (who did done leave out Wolfe).  Ching hit ah neat flick to Donovan who was wide open, Tallest rush at Donovan... who den crossed tuh Altidore on the back post fuh de first goal.  Altidore wide open because Akile (or Aklie, whey de ass he name) was too caught up looking fuh de nutsman in de stands to bother to keep track of Altidore behind him.

But yet... to get back to mih point, it still have man saying how dem Americans only have "fundamentals" and "fitness" but no skill.  Ah man even bawl last night that he find it hard tuh stomach losing tuh de Americans because dem ent have "no respect 4 de game"... but we have?  Because the majority of Americans ent give ah fart about football dat mean de players on de field eh respect it?  We does "live and die" fuh de sport but dem don't?  Yuh think Donovan Canadian father ent teach him about de sport when he was ah smallie?  Yuh think Ching pick up football because it didn't have wave tuh surf in Hawaii?  Dem men and dem love de sport as much as we... they probably just ent grow up playing small goal.  And even so they still hitting we small goal beats all over de field.

We need to take this team... break it down and completely change it attitude.  Until den we eh go one blasted place with what we doing.

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
Re: The Americans don't respect us
« Reply #137 on: April 02, 2009, 02:13:20 PM »
Only man I think they respect is Carlos. Respect, though. Not fear.

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: April 02, 2009, 02:13:40 PM »
i eh go lie. u come real good on your first post. nice read. bar set high now..heheh. welcome.

Offline slates

• Sr. Warrior
  • Big-up L'Anse Mitan Carenage
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: April 02, 2009, 02:14:18 PM »
Bakes, you have this thing down like if is ah college course...  :rotfl:
Toujour Pret!

Offline LondonTrini LFC

• El mejor...
  • Jr. Warrior
  • Rafa is Magic
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: April 02, 2009, 02:18:22 PM »
Nice read iyah... blessings and welcome to the forum...
Shut up Sven...

Corbeaux

Re: USA vs T&T- my opinion on T&T's performance
« Reply #141 on: April 02, 2009, 02:19:24 PM »
Our performance had a lot of flaws in it...From the horrible play of both starting wing backs, A.Edwards and A. Wolfe, who seem to have never played at the youth level where I know for a fact that all coaches teach tracking and marking, that is following the opposing player that making the run, which was evident throughout the entire game and team..On the first goal Wolfe let Donovan run straight through for the flick on while A. Edwards was ball watching as Altidore just sneak in on the back side...
Another issue has to be our lack of spirit nobody except the centre backs, Stern, Carlos and Birchall of the starters played with any kind of hustle or hunger...the rest of the XI seemed content to just play the entire game in neutral...I know when I was growing up, and that still happening, I always aspired, and still do, to play for the national team as it is supposed to be an honour but like that is a lost thing probably cuz my father old school...few of these players are willing to bleed for their country imho...
Stern John had a very impressive game, we all know that Stern is a poacher a la Raul and Inzaghi, and he cannot do that if we not shooting or we playin with two defensive mids in Birchall and Leon, Stern had to drop deep to play as a link up man which he did very well but we know that Stern has never been a speedster so if he drops deep it is unlikely that he will make it into the box in time for a cross from Carlos which at my count is good one in three/four...we should honestly look at a role for Stern, if we insist on playing him it cannot be as a striker because service is as poor as a b-mobile if you living quite-o quite-o...
Carlos is our biggest threat going forward and this honestly is sad...Quite frankly he cannot cross the ball so yes he made some good runs and yes he played with heart but I can get to the bye line all day long and kick the ball off the field or too deep for any of our players too...
Keon Daniel had an okay game he passed well and attempted to take on the right back but his tendency is to drift inside as a player who has played CM the majority of his career...his defensive effort is lacking and this is why A.Edwards should be cussing him to come back as well as our captain and the rest of our team...
We cannot continue to start to defensive midfielders and expect to be a threat going forward Hyland needs to start as is evident when he came on the first good cross which KJ duly got the extra point for as it was a perfect field goal...
I saw some plays where T&T actually made four to five passes in succession which I have not seen in a long time but the main murderer of our football is team selection...either we bring back Sancho, Cyd and Avery and make this World Cup or play some young boys, take licks and in 2013 we could mount a serious challenge in the hex...

I agree with everything you said in this post but brining back our 06 defenders who wil all be 32 to 36 in 2010 is not the answer. Neither is playing inexperienced defenders in our biggest game or playing midsout of position. Our only solution is to have 4 foreign based defenders........even if it means bringing back Spann. If we get a new coach and Jones gets some rest combined with a foreigh based defence and our already good midfield i still think we can do some damage in this Hex.
Positive Vibes

Offline kiffysmooth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: April 02, 2009, 02:23:25 PM »

I am so depressed right now, not because the usa beat us but that T&T really played badly and its so disappointing. obvoiusly the dust-up between Stern John and Kenwynne Jones affected the whole team, but they have played badly in all three WCQs so far.

it was painful watching that performance last night. I don't think they stringed 4 passes the whole game! no one seemed like they were really trying, even the usually reliable Carlos Edwards had his heart truned off, everyone played terribly. I dont think maturacraphole (Maturana) knows how to deal with these personalities. no team unity, not in defence, not in midfield and certainly not up front and the the keeper-clayton ince-seemed more interested in directing traffic than securing his sticks.

dumping kenwynne or stern john is not an option for us and i wonder if Dwight Yorke can make a difference. so at this point to gain any forward progress we need to sack the coach and get one who can bring the same command as beenhakker did foru years ago. someone has to pay and at this point the only scapegoat can be Maturana-mainly beacuse he doesnt have a handle on this team.   

Tanx Darrel Roberts...your opinion has been noted!

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: April 02, 2009, 02:26:21 PM »
Yeh bakes yuh spot on dey. we should not use the name warriors after last nights lost lackluster performance!

to me the americans were the real warriors, and like true warriors they never underestemate the enemy.

until we find ah formula to beat the yanks, and i doubt we will, they will always dominate us wid speed, tactics, ultra fitness, and pin point accuracy.

they gone clear of the region, they belong in the league wid england and italy dem.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline NUFF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: April 02, 2009, 02:30:11 PM »
It is amazing to me how everybody lighting up Akile Edwards but not Keon Daniel.  Keon Daniel was the worst player on the field last night.  The reason Akile Edwards looks so bad is because Keon Daniel does not come back to defend.  When Edwards is defending one on one he does not look as bad.  Sure he makes some mistakes which is to be expected from a young player.  But it does not matter who we put at left back if Keon Daniel continues to waltz around the field and not track the overlapping defender or midfielder.  Numerous times last night I watched as Keon Daniel's man just ran free while he stood around gaping.  What that does is continously put Akile Edwards in a 1 vs 2 situation and then he looks bad.

Once again I am not saying that Edwards doesn't deserve some of the blame but most of it should be focused on Keon Daniel.  On the first goal Wolfe got caught ball watching but if Akile Edwards had stayed between the ball and Altidore that first goal would not have scored.  

It's funny how everybody bawling fuh Cyd Gray to be brought back but ah wonder how many people remember when Cyd Gray made his debut at right back.  It was in de 2001 qualifiers away to Costa Rica and he was eaten alive.  That night Cyd Gray was Hernan Medford bitch.  Early in his career the same thing men saying about Akile Edwards now is de same thing they were saying about Cyd Gray back then.  

Right now this team has regressed to how we looked pre Beenhakker in 2005.  We are not a team.  There is absolutely no cohesiveness what so ever.  One of the major problems we have is that we do not play compact.  Look at our games and you can almost always see three distinct lines on the field.  There are our two forwards playing flat then a big gap then our midfield almost flat then a big gap then our defenders almost always playing flat.  This was one of the first things Beenie corrected when he took over he made up play more compact which closed the big gaps between our forwards and midfields and our midfielders and defenders.

Akile Edwards will be out for the next game let's see if his replacement fares any better with Keon Daniel in front of him.

funny how u speaking aabout  keon daniel not running back  being a big part in A.Edwards looking bad then go on to make reference to cyd gray's game against costa rica. I assuming u saw that game. why i feel the need to say assuming is because even the commentators in that game felt sorry 4 cyd gray because he wasnt getting help from any other player on the field. not right wing   nor cb . nada. if u can watch that game over again. please do.

out side of that i generally agree with you but i felt need to defend cyd since  i remember that game so clearly

I think you misunderstood my post.  I was not trying to bash Cyd Gray.  I was simply trying to make a comparison between what happended to Cyd Gray back then and what is happening to Akile Edwards right now.  It is almost de identical situation replaying itself.  Just like how Cyd Gray was abandoned that night is de same thing Keon Daniel doing to Akile Edwards now.

Cyd Gray get lambast back then just like Akile Edwards is getting now.  But over the years the team and Cyd Gray improved so much so that a lot of the same people who were bashing him and calling him shithong then crying fuh him to be included in de squad now.  

I was one of Akile Edwards biggest bashers on this site but after watching him play quite a few games I realize that he has all the necessary tools to be a solid defender.  He makes mistakes yes but he looks worse than he really is because he has no help.

So once again my post was not to dis Cyd Gray in any way.  he is probably still our best option for the right back position right now.

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: April 02, 2009, 02:46:52 PM »
A winning mentality along with national pride just doesn't start at the senior level. It must be ingrained within the youth teams and even moreso  within our culture. When anyone dons a national uniform it should be considered the highest privilege because you're no longer playing for yourself and I think that is what most of the guys on the team fail to understand. So in terms of respect or the lack thereof for the national team the players must first understand the responsibility that they are charged with.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: April 02, 2009, 02:52:15 PM »
Nice post man!!!!

Offline Arimaman

• Arima Compre
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: USA vs T&T- my opinion on T&T's performance
« Reply #147 on: April 02, 2009, 02:52:58 PM »

Really....That's an interesting point of view.  Being at the game I could tell you he didn't have a good game especially defensively.  He did nothing absolutely nothing to help KJ and the midfielders.  Whenever he lost the ball he always ready to argue instead of putting his head down and going after regaining possession.  Beauty is in the eye of the beholder I guess but in my opinion Stern did not have a good game.  I don't know if you were at the game but TV really disguises a player's true performance.
Arimian to meh heart

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
FIRE THEM ALL!!!
« Reply #148 on: April 02, 2009, 02:54:57 PM »
FROM MATURANA  to the ball boys!

its one thing to give your best and get beaten but a whole other thing when you play as though you were forced to and get beaten

have you no shame? ntohing about thie rdisplay yesterday was professional, nothing

top to bottom left to right, i feel sorry for carlos and chris having to play with what is tant amount to the footballing version of CEPEP attitude on the pitch.

a USA side that never got out of first gear beat us 3-0

stern played toots but we can't blame him the entire side played shite

utter shite

no desire
no drive
no determination

disgusting
they owe us all an appology, at the least OR win every last flicking game to make amends

send in the under 20's yes at least they can trap pass and shoot

our highest pass strong total? 5 f**kign 5 in 90 minutes

USA did thier job close the guy passed to as he can't trap shit

that nuumber 17 should is the new dwarkia all dribble and no heart

c0ntheads

fire them all

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: April 02, 2009, 02:55:14 PM »
Our own football federation does not respect the football fans of this country by immdeiately getting rid of this coach...so why should the US respect us??...and we aint doin shit to make the US respect us.respect in football has to be earned

1]; } ?>