April 27, 2024, 12:34:14 PM

Author Topic: Views on T&T v USA game.  (Read 33960 times)

Offline Peter

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: The candid views of a heartbroken warrior
« Reply #150 on: April 02, 2009, 02:56:05 PM »
I agree, nice post man, and from the heart, I agree with the things you said, and the salvation part I especially agree with, cause in the end that's all that matters! Take care man.

Offline saga pinto

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: April 02, 2009, 03:00:30 PM »
Yuh bring meh to ah emotional point I have not been in sometime.

great post......

Offline RGarcia

• Forward To Mid-Field to Defense
  • Hero Warrior
  • Who Jah bless, no man curse!
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: April 02, 2009, 03:01:44 PM »
i respect yuh post..
All American

Offline ProudTrinbagonian

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: The Americans don't respect us
« Reply #153 on: April 02, 2009, 03:03:05 PM »
Interesting post; maybe it's ignorance or foolish pride but the American style of football is not better than ours.  They have the fundamentals and fitness yes, but we don't.  But more importantly, they have a tighter organization with a h*ll of a lot more pride and motivation than us.  US soccer is a big thing 24-7, not juss come WCQ time.  These American players believe they are up there with the best, whether or not they are is another question but they believe it and you see that on the field.  I can't stand the Americans' arrogance but even more I can't stand T&T's lacklustre effort the past year or so.
whey boy!

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: April 02, 2009, 03:08:53 PM »
Well thought out post as usual Bakes.

But beleive it or not, the mentality was changing in 2006 under Beenie, and I honestly beleive that had he been our coach for the last 3 years we would have ahad a more cohesive, professional outfit out there.

The only sad thing is that there are still chupid ppl on this board that believe Beenie held us back in the World Cup and didn't allow us to play true "Trini" football. That kind of ignorance just leaves me speechless. Well we got a good dose of non-Beenie, true "Trini" football last night.

I hope all the Beenie haters enjoyed it.
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #155 on: April 02, 2009, 03:10:47 PM »
They have the fundamentals and fitness...  tighter organization... more pride and motivation

So what it is we better at exactly? Beats?

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: April 02, 2009, 03:11:52 PM »
They have the fundamentals and fitness...  tighter organization... more pride and motivation

we THINK we better at that but in reality we holding more beat that sharing. Trinis need to realize this.
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: April 02, 2009, 03:14:40 PM »
Very Good Thread indeed

Interesting post; maybe it's ignorance or foolish pride but the American style of football is not better than ours.  They have the fundamentals and fitness yes, but we don't.  But more importantly, they have a tighter organization with a h*ll of a lot more pride and motivation than us.  US soccer is a big thing 24-7, not juss come WCQ time.  These American players believe they are up there with the best, whether or not they are is another question but they believe it and you see that on the field.  I can't stand the Americans' arrogance but even more I can't stand T&T's lacklustre effort the past year or so.
I doh understand HOW our style is better than the USA
that 3-0 score spoke VOLUMES for me
most of what you mention there I believe the onus is on the TTF federation to provide and when the TTFF has Scrooge McDuck as "spetial advithor" then we Goose will be forever cooked
« Last Edit: April 02, 2009, 03:24:46 PM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: April 02, 2009, 03:14:54 PM »
I really appreciate your views...

on a side not what happen to GU baseketball ????

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: April 02, 2009, 03:25:10 PM »

Our style is better, not the team, not the organization.  A strong, fit, organized Warriors team could beat the Americans...man for man. When they were the laughing stock of the world yuh feel they still didn't believe they were better?  Yuh can't walk like a dog with he tail between he legs.  We call warriors for a reason.
whey boy!

Offline slates

• Sr. Warrior
  • Big-up L'Anse Mitan Carenage
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: April 02, 2009, 03:28:48 PM »

Our style is better, not the team, not the organization.  A strong, fit, organized Warriors team could beat the Americans...man for man. When they were the laughing stock of the world yuh feel they still didn't believe they were better?  Yuh can't walk like a dog with he tail between he legs.  We call warriors for a reason.

We called Warriors because nobody was goin Germany if we was called pu$$ies.  :rotfl:
But seriously, a strong, fit, organized Warriors team is a dream, an illusion. A nice one doh, will be nice to have. We sure coulda use dat last night in Nashville.
Toujour Pret!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: April 02, 2009, 03:34:38 PM »

We called Warriors because nobody was goin Germany if we was called pu$$ies.  :rotfl:
But seriously, a strong, fit, organized Warriors team is a dream, an illusion. A nice one doh, will be nice to have. We sure coulda use dat last night in Nashville.

I agree it's an illusion at this point.  Time to stop the excuses from TTFF, Warner, the players...I getting real real tired of dey nonsense.....time for them to take accountability for their actions thus far....
maybe ah still dreaming :-\
whey boy!

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #162 on: April 02, 2009, 04:01:25 PM »

I agree it's an illusion at this point.  Time to stop the excuses from TTFF, Warner, the players...I getting real real tired of dey nonsense.....time for them to take accountability for their actions thus far....
maybe ah still dreaming :-\

more like a nightmare, no dream or illusion breds, the reality is we are pawns

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: April 02, 2009, 04:10:56 PM »
What exactly is our style of play? I always wanted to know this.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Peter

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Views on T&T v USA game.
« Reply #164 on: April 02, 2009, 04:12:29 PM »
It is amazing to me how everybody lighting up Akile Edwards but not Keon Daniel.  Keon Daniel was the worst player on the field last night.  The reason Akile Edwards looks so bad is because Keon Daniel does not come back to defend.  When Edwards is defending one on one he does not look as bad.  Sure he makes some mistakes which is to be expected from a young player.  But it does not matter who we put at left back if Keon Daniel continues to waltz around the field and not track the overlapping defender or midfielder.  Numerous times last night I watched as Keon Daniel's man just ran free while he stood around gaping.  What that does is continously put Akile Edwards in a 1 vs 2 situation and then he looks bad.

Once again I am not saying that Edwards doesn't deserve some of the blame but most of it should be focused on Keon Daniel.  On the first goal Wolfe got caught ball watching but if Akile Edwards had stayed between the ball and Altidore that first goal would not have scored.  

It's funny how everybody bawling fuh Cyd Gray to be brought back but ah wonder how many people remember when Cyd Gray made his debut at right back.  It was in de 2001 qualifiers away to Costa Rica and he was eaten alive.  That night Cyd Gray was Hernan Medford bitch.  Early in his career the same thing men saying about Akile Edwards now is de same thing they were saying about Cyd Gray back then.  

Right now this team has regressed to how we looked pre Beenhakker in 2005.  We are not a team.  There is absolutely no cohesiveness what so ever.  One of the major problems we have is that we do not play compact.  Look at our games and you can almost always see three distinct lines on the field.  There are our two forwards playing flat then a big gap then our midfield almost flat then a big gap then our defenders almost always playing flat.  This was one of the first things Beenie corrected when he took over he made up play more compact which closed the big gaps between our forwards and midfields and our midfielders and defenders.

Akile Edwards will be out for the next game let's see if his replacement fares any better with Keon Daniel in front of him.

funny how u speaking aabout  keon daniel not running back  being a big part in A.Edwards looking bad then go on to make reference to cyd gray's game against costa rica. I assuming u saw that game. why i feel the need to say assuming is because even the commentators in that game felt sorry 4 cyd gray because he wasnt getting help from any other player on the field. not right wing   nor cb . nada. if u can watch that game over again. please do.

out side of that i generally agree with you but i felt need to defend cyd since  i remember that game so clearly

I think you misunderstood my post.  I was not trying to bash Cyd Gray.  I was simply trying to make a comparison between what happended to Cyd Gray back then and what is happening to Akile Edwards right now.  It is almost de identical situation replaying itself.  Just like how Cyd Gray was abandoned that night is de same thing Keon Daniel doing to Akile Edwards now.

Cyd Gray get lambast back then just like Akile Edwards is getting now.  But over the years the team and Cyd Gray improved so much so that a lot of the same people who were bashing him and calling him shithong then crying fuh him to be included in de squad now.  

I was one of Akile Edwards biggest bashers on this site but after watching him play quite a few games I realize that he has all the necessary tools to be a solid defender.  He makes mistakes yes but he looks worse than he really is because he has no help.

So once again my post was not to dis Cyd Gray in any way.  he is probably still our best option for the right back position right now.

I agree with you Nuff, but the thing that is clear for me and most is the Keon Daniel IS NOT A WINGER. I don't know what it will take for Maturana to grasp this, probably our elimination from WCQ. The man's game is obviously suited to midfield.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: April 02, 2009, 04:13:19 PM »
Good post Born Again!

Yuh seemed to know yuh stuff!!

Is it correct that yuh live in London?
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: April 02, 2009, 04:18:28 PM »
Imagine in practice just now, them trinbago boys have to take talks from players who can't name 5 players on the USA team. I feel real sorry for them boys. But then, real quick they showed them that the T&T players are still  the best on the team.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
Re: USA vs T&T- my opinion on T&T's performance
« Reply #167 on: April 02, 2009, 04:20:45 PM »
Really....That's an interesting point of view.  Being at the game I could tell you he didn't have a good game especially defensively.  He did nothing absolutely nothing to help KJ and the midfielders.  Whenever he lost the ball he always ready to argue instead of putting his head down and going after regaining possession.  Beauty is in the eye of the beholder I guess but in my opinion Stern did not have a good game.  I don't know if you were at the game but TV really disguises a player's true performance.

People here swear the replays they see and the angles of the camera tells the whole story.  I agree wholeheartedly as I have the same observations with regard to SJ that you did

Corbeaux

« Reply #168 on: April 02, 2009, 04:21:29 PM »
It is amazing to me how everybody lighting up Akile Edwards but not Keon Daniel.  Keon Daniel was the worst player on the field last night.  The reason Akile Edwards looks so bad is because Keon Daniel does not come back to defend.  When Edwards is defending one on one he does not look as bad.  Sure he makes some mistakes which is to be expected from a young player.  But it does not matter who we put at left back if Keon Daniel continues to waltz around the field and not track the overlapping defender or midfielder.  Numerous times last night I watched as Keon Daniel's man just ran free while he stood around gaping.  What that does is continously put Akile Edwards in a 1 vs 2 situation and then he looks bad.

Once again I am not saying that Edwards doesn't deserve some of the blame but most of it should be focused on Keon Daniel.  On the first goal Wolfe got caught ball watching but if Akile Edwards had stayed between the ball and Altidore that first goal would not have scored.  

It's funny how everybody bawling fuh Cyd Gray to be brought back but ah wonder how many people remember when Cyd Gray made his debut at right back.  It was in de 2001 qualifiers away to Costa Rica and he was eaten alive.  That night Cyd Gray was Hernan Medford bitch.  Early in his career the same thing men saying about Akile Edwards now is de same thing they were saying about Cyd Gray back then.  

Right now this team has regressed to how we looked pre Beenhakker in 2005.  We are not a team.  There is absolutely no cohesiveness what so ever.  One of the major problems we have is that we do not play compact.  Look at our games and you can almost always see three distinct lines on the field.  There are our two forwards playing flat then a big gap then our midfield almost flat then a big gap then our defenders almost always playing flat.  This was one of the first things Beenie corrected when he took over he made up play more compact which closed the big gaps between our forwards and midfields and our midfielders and defenders.

Akile Edwards will be out for the next game let's see if his replacement fares any better with Keon Daniel in front of him.

funny how u speaking aabout  keon daniel not running back  being a big part in A.Edwards looking bad then go on to make reference to cyd gray's game against costa rica. I assuming u saw that game. why i feel the need to say assuming is because even the commentators in that game felt sorry 4 cyd gray because he wasnt getting help from any other player on the field. not right wing   nor cb . nada. if u can watch that game over again. please do.

out side of that i generally agree with you but i felt need to defend cyd since  i remember that game so clearly

I think you misunderstood my post.  I was not trying to bash Cyd Gray.  I was simply trying to make a comparison between what happended to Cyd Gray back then and what is happening to Akile Edwards right now.  It is almost de identical situation replaying itself.  Just like how Cyd Gray was abandoned that night is de same thing Keon Daniel doing to Akile Edwards now.

Cyd Gray get lambast back then just like Akile Edwards is getting now.  But over the years the team and Cyd Gray improved so much so that a lot of the same people who were bashing him and calling him shithong then crying fuh him to be included in de squad now.  

I was one of Akile Edwards biggest bashers on this site but after watching him play quite a few games I realize that he has all the necessary tools to be a solid defender.  He makes mistakes yes but he looks worse than he really is because he has no help.

So once again my post was not to dis Cyd Gray in any way.  he is probably still our best option for the right back position right now.

I agree with you Nuff, but the thing that is clear for me and most is the Keon Daniel IS NOT A WINGER. I don't know what it will take for Maturana to grasp this, probably our elimination from WCQ. The man's game is obviously suited to midfield.
By tomorrow evening, the only thing Maturana grasping is a one way ticket back to he horse farm in Columbia.

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #169 on: April 02, 2009, 04:21:51 PM »
What exactly is our style of play? I always wanted to know this.
Daiz what I trying to understand too. Is not technique or fitness or organization. So... I guess it must be spanner and drag then?

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: April 02, 2009, 04:22:29 PM »
we deserve any respect  ???
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Saywha

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: April 02, 2009, 04:22:52 PM »
"Views on T&T v USA game"

That was the real game last night?? I thought that was a good April Fool's joke.
I now catch the joke. ... The real game going to play next week
 :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: April 02, 2009, 04:31:04 PM »
"Views on T&T v USA game"

That was the real game last night?? I thought that was a good April Fool's joke.
I now catch the joke. ... The real game going to play next week
 :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
april fools ???
real game playing next week ???
ya might have something there :devil:

shit, I pinched myself and woke up :P
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Corbeaux

« Reply #173 on: April 02, 2009, 04:32:34 PM »
If you rate our players head to head with US players from the midfield up, we have the more naturally talented players. Keon while playing for Unattached F. C. still shows to be more talanted than Donovan and the rest of U.S. players. With the right coaching, some motivation and a totally foreign based defence, we could be leading the Hex.

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: April 02, 2009, 04:38:46 PM »

Look at the game again and see how much time Daniel pushed forward. He did not do anything really, but last night he was not guilty of abandoning Akile.

Do you care to point out these "tools"?

Offline Saywha

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
All is not lost, yet
« Reply #175 on: April 02, 2009, 04:40:20 PM »
just as I predicted... a 3 - nil outcome.
My crystal ball was working well. ;D

1  I doh believe T&T in their current form could beat USA .  We tried so many times and the only time we succeded was with their B team.  But it is very possible that one day we would cut their arse or some critical changes are made e.g .fire the afro jackass.  T&T CAN BEAT THE USA!

2  I believe we could and would beat Costa Rica and Mexico when we do meet them in the next upcoming matches.  We go get some points and get in the 3rd spot doh worry fellas.  If El Salvador could beat Mexico 6-0 there is hope for we. 

Why de hell, two times in a row, Maturana go start lame arse Stern who in the Honduras game prove he is a waste ah time.  Some people say dey still have a goal in Stern... I say that horse done ride into de sunset long time.  Time to replace Stern! >:( >:(

4  Kenweyne may not have played his best yesterday, but he was probably just having a bad day.

5  I can't understand why our guys does fold up when they playing the USA.  Is like as soon as the whistle blows they does get confuse and play shit.  Like some American working obeah on dem.

6  I feel Maturana working for the Spanish only.  De man looking to sabotage we team. How you go play Stern man.... and twice....and not pull him over the damn pitch? >:( >:(

7  Where de hell was Latapy?

8  As somebody say, these guys need to play with each other for at least everyday for a month in order to get and know each other style.  This limited practice together thing is not wukking.

anyway, fellas, doh dispair, we go win 2-1 against Costa Rica in June. Doh start pulling out the glass off Lanate yet ;D :beermug:

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
Re: FIRE THEM ALL!!!
« Reply #176 on: April 02, 2009, 04:41:42 PM »
I feel last night the fellas sent a message that they not happy. Look at the body language of the fellas.
Daniel just standing on the field.
Carlos have a ball to cross and he kick it out of bound for no apparent reason.
Lawrence played without really saying anything, so did KJ and Carlos.
No one helping the other.

I feel is a message went out last night.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: April 02, 2009, 04:44:04 PM »
I feel last night the fellas sent a message that they not happy. Look at the body language of the fellas.
Daniel just standing on the field.
Carlos have a ball to cross and he kick it out of bound for no apparent reason.
Lawrence played without really saying anything, so did KJ and Carlos.
No one helping the other.

I feel is a message went out last night.

That message cost our country  points and embarassed alot of Trinbagonians....and if its  a messgae then it was being sent since the El Salvador game...and again coem June we should expect this same type of message?
« Last Edit: April 02, 2009, 04:46:16 PM by Sando prince »

Offline pardners

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: April 02, 2009, 04:47:31 PM »
If you rate our players head to head with US players from the midfield up, we have the more naturally talented players. Keon while playing for Unattached F. C. still shows to be more talanted than Donovan and the rest of U.S. players. With the right coaching, some motivation and a totally foreign based defence, we could be leading the Hex.

Exactly how are you judging talent in this case ?  What would be your rational for saying Keon is more talented than Donovan ?
"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better."        Every once in while a good post does come along.

Offline Small Change

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: April 02, 2009, 04:47:57 PM »
And after the game, they all went and partied like normal. Now, if you lose 3-0 and get embarrassed on National Television, how can you go and party??????????????

1]; } ?>