June 15, 2024, 02:38:15 PM

Author Topic: Views on T&T v USA game.  (Read 34977 times)

Offline Peter

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Jozy's got ah girlfriend
« Reply #240 on: April 03, 2009, 06:34:56 PM »
Jozy new gyul name is Akile Edwards and he does do she whatever he want..

LOL at that comment. You guys know this is a prime example of how when you expose young players to a level of competition they aren't ready for as yet, how it could make a good few of them actually regress, from their confidence being so utterly dashed and humiliated.

Guys I feel so damn sorry for our Trini brother Aklie, is only Maturana to blame for this yes. The guy shouldn't be being subjected to this now.

Aklie if you are reading, we guys still love you as our fellow Trinbagonian, and we know you try hard to represent us well, but it isn't your fault man, its Mats own for picking you before your time, when yuh is still a green mango. I really believe that you can become a top defender with the proper guidance and your continuing to work hard, I see ALOT of promise in you man. Keep you head up and stay strong brother!

Also, its Mats fault for putting a guy who is OBVIOUSLY NOT A WINGER and lacks defensive ability, in Keon Daniel(who is very talented also but is being used wrongly imho), infront of you.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2009, 06:38:33 PM by Peter »

truetrini

« Reply #241 on: April 03, 2009, 07:28:33 PM »
Stern workrate was nil?  yuh is ah f**king ka-ka hole or wha?  or yuh watch de game on ah TV without ah antennae?

KJ work rate was NIL!

When CaRLOS TRY TUH MAKE HE PASSES, WHO WAS DEY ALL DE TIME?  sTERN JOHN ALLYUH CANTS!

Offline Peter

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: April 03, 2009, 07:36:33 PM »
Stern John and Carlos Edwards were our best players against USA by a country mile! You guys have to take the cataracts out of your eyes and watch the game again. Stern was one of the only men who could trap the ball and pass it without gifting it to a USA player. the game was like 2 vs 11. When highland came on he was very good also.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: April 03, 2009, 07:43:13 PM »
Peter,
            The performance on the field give we the cararacts!!!!!

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: April 03, 2009, 07:53:44 PM »
Our best players on the field on the Night was Dennis Lawrence and Clayton Ince.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: April 03, 2009, 07:55:46 PM »
Players who can't make the college B team want to know if they could marry a Trni gyul, get they passport and play for the National team. They want to know who the #3 is.

Fellas like Akile, Clyde Leon and Daniel to a certain extent should be on a U-23's or something and touring right through.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline najee

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: The candid views of a heartbroken warrior
« Reply #246 on: April 03, 2009, 08:28:17 PM »
I don't know what to say about my country man....i don't know if we only like guy's who beated people and think that football...I don't know...ah just don't know......I and all is very heatbroken...even to fine out some of the players partying in nashville...couldn't believe

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
Re: The candid views of a heartbroken warrior
« Reply #247 on: April 03, 2009, 09:20:30 PM »
what a shit post!!!! what you is a jackass or wha??? wha kinda man does........  ;D jus kicksin boss - I agree with most of what you say...share your opinion more often so the forum not all about the 1st part of my post.
 :beermug:

Offline College

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Views on T&T v USA game.
« Reply #248 on: April 03, 2009, 09:38:17 PM »
Only man I think they respect is Carlos. Respect, though. Not fear.
Man they played marcus beasley the first time in national team as RB. How's that respect?  I think Kenwyne was the only one they respected being they double teamed him with Odunwe? and Bocanegra

You real simple when you ready dred.  They played Beasley at LB because Beasley is their fastest player.  They were deathly afraid of Carlos' pace down the right flank and for good reason... Carlos was eating Beasley lunch whole night and they had to shade their defense towards him whenever he had the ball.

That is respect.

Not exactly ... Beasley ended up playing the left back from since the El Salvador game

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: April 03, 2009, 10:03:22 PM »
Ah ha, I knew I forgot someone....College!!...nice meeting you too....
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: April 03, 2009, 10:08:13 PM »
Not exactly ... Beasley ended up playing the left back from since the El Salvador game

Beasley may have played LB against El Salvador, but Bradley said specifically (if you believe what John Harkes said) that he shifted Beasley to LB to try and contain Carlos.  Is not Bakes say so.

Offline Peter

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: April 03, 2009, 11:13:18 PM »
Peter,
            The performance on the field give we the cararacts!!!!!

LOL. I have to say I agree with you!! Calling the performance shameful is an understatement. Also agree that Clayton and Lawrence were good also, them together with stern and carlos were the only  players who even looked like pros, the rest look like they couldn't make Crab Connection reserves.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: April 03, 2009, 11:23:19 PM »
Nice read college. tell meh this,from yuh covo wid yuh ppl, do you think there's any chance of maturana being the coach for costa rica?
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline nnyman18

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: April 04, 2009, 12:05:54 AM »
I purposely read as many of the threads as possible before I gave my two cents. As usual I wanted to bring forth as much facts as possible and see how men handle it. I am taking a totally different approach as a trini brother who has a unique disposition in that I am actually in the belly of the whale that is called the US national team program and is privy to certain information the general public don't have.

So I am sharing a bit of the US game plan against Trini. I must admit based on the information I had prior to the game I was not surprised by the outcome. As I watched the game, I could see the game plan of the US national team coming to fruition. Regardless of what anyone may think, there was a specific reason for the game being played in Tennessee. One of the many reasons that was discussed for hosting the game in TN
1. The game should be played in a region that lacks full-blown support for the TNT team
2. There was a high level of disappointment among the national team hierarchy in the US team's performance
     against El Salvador. As a result there were strong recommendations to send a point to the players who failed
     against El Salvador by dropping them.
4. There was a general consensus that the trini national team players are not equipped to deal with constant
    pressure when they are in possession. This would become the foundation for the game plan.

American perceived strengths as seen through the eyes of the US staff
We are fitter, mentality tougher, more disciplined, more organized, good speed and athleticism, superior commitment to work hard for long periods. Trinidad has not beaten us on US soil in the last 5 years and we are not going to allow them to achieve that goal on 4/1/09. Most importantly one of the US goals was to send a message that what took place in TNT was not the norm and the Chicago experience was more the reality of how they viewed how they stack up to trini.

TRINIDAD PERCEIVED STRENGTHS
1. Dangerous if given room to play, strong in the air in the central back position, Carlos Edwards is very
   dangerous( but we will use Demarcus Beasley to try and neutralize that strength
                                                              WEAKNESSES
1. Disorganized in the back, struggle under pressure, lack discipline in their approach, not totally committed to a
   mentality that involves consistent disciplined work in attack and defense, lack consistent dynamic movement
   in possession. Will give us room to play when they are defending, poor consistent communication when
   defending. Overall anticipation in attack and defense is not consistent enough to threaten us. When it comes to
   tracking in the defensive third especially in the box they (Trinidad) are not very good, they will easily lose their
   attackers ( The first goal proved this point that was made before this game)

WE MUST PUT THEM ON THEIR HEELS BY NOT GIVING THEM TIME AND SPACE TO PLAY. THIS IS A MENTALITY THAT WE MUST MAINTAIN FOR 90 MINUTES. AS LONG AS WE DO THAT AND TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THE OPPORTUNITIES WE WILL CREATE WE CAN'T BE BEAT

As we all saw, wherever there was a red shirt there were one, two or three white shirts

So fellas just some insight I was privy too prior and after the game during a conference call. I must admit, the US Men's national team program is not phased by our national team. There is a feeling among the staff and players that as long as they come prepared to play, Trini can't beat them The players at all levels are often told they
I LOVE THIS GAME BETTER THAN I LOVE THIS GAME

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: April 04, 2009, 01:03:10 AM »
I purposely read as many of the threads as possible before I gave my two cents. As usual I wanted to bring forth as much facts as possible and see how men handle it. I am taking a totally different approach as a trini brother who has a unique disposition in that I am actually in the belly of the whale that is called the US national team program and is privy to certain information the general public don't have.

So I am sharing a bit of the US game plan against Trini. I must admit based on the information I had prior to the game I was not surprised by the outcome. As I watched the game, I could see the game plan of the US national team coming to fruition. Regardless of what anyone may think, there was a specific reason for the game being played in Tennessee. One of the many reasons that was discussed for hosting the game in TN
1. The game should be played in a region that lacks full-blown support for the TNT team
2. There was a high level of disappointment among the national team hierarchy in the US team's performance
     against El Salvador. As a result there were strong recommendations to send a point to the players who failed
4. There was a general consensus that the trini national team players are not equipped to deal with constant
    pressure when they are in possession. This would become the foundation for the game plan.

We are fitter, mentality tougher, more disciplined, more organized, good speed and athleticism, superior commitment to work hard for long periods. Trinidad has not beaten us on US soil in the last 5 years and we are not going to allow them to achieve that goal on 4/1/09. Most importantly one of the US goals was to send a message that what took place in TNT was not the norm and the Chicago experience was more the reality of how they viewed how they stack up to trini.

1. Dangerous if given room to play, strong in the air in the central back position, Carlos Edwards is very
                                                              WEAKNESSES
1. Disorganized in the back, struggle under pressure, lack discipline in their approach, not totally committed to a
   mentality that involves consistent disciplined work in attack and defense, lack consistent dynamic movement
   in possession. Will give us room to play when they are defending, poor consistent communication when
   defending. Overall anticipation in attack and defense is not consistent enough to threaten us. When it comes to
   tracking in the defensive third especially in the box they (Trinidad) are not very good, they will easily lose their

WE MUST PUT THEM ON THEIR HEELS BY NOT GIVING THEM TIME AND SPACE TO PLAY. THIS IS A MENTALITY THAT WE MUST MAINTAIN FOR 90 MINUTES. AS LONG AS WE DO THAT AND TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THE OPPORTUNITIES WE WILL CREATE WE CAN'T BE BEAT

As we all saw, wherever there was a red shirt there were one, two or three white shirts

So fellas just some insight I was privy too prior and after the game during a conference call. I must admit, the US Men's national team program is not phased by our national team. There is a feeling among the staff and players that as long as they come prepared to play, Trini can't beat them The players at all levels are often told they

Well look I said as much here... and Palos (ah sure is f**kking he) like he need ah wuk, gone and merge de thread.

Dai's arrite yuh doh have tuh respond tuh mih PM... yuh moron.  Dai'z why Small Mag does be cussin yuh c**t.

...sorry, back tuh de regular programming.

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
  • www.TheWarriorNation.com
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
« Reply #255 on: April 04, 2009, 02:00:23 AM »
Maturana came into the game with a plan.
he followed it to a "T"
with us losing and conceding 3
he never wavered
he looked very stubborn
he didnt speak to no one
i for one was very impressed
that he came to guard the left hand post of the dugout
and was never distracted by events on the field
so job well done Mats
the post made it through the 90 mins unscathed
and the dugout didnt fall down
Feliz
Warrior Nation Secretary & Membership Officer
http://www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline Peter

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: April 04, 2009, 02:00:56 AM »

WEAKNESSES

That was some great info man nnyman, thanks alot. but its embarrassing also.

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: April 04, 2009, 02:15:16 AM »
The best TnT player was lawrence by a country mile

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
« Reply #258 on: April 04, 2009, 02:32:02 AM »
Ince - had a solid game except for the 3rd goal
Wolfe - not a defender but a confident young man in his own ability, was ok going forward
Thomas - was ok to a point, but poor with ball distribution and clearing his lines
Lawrence - best player for me, did his best with what was around him
A. Edwards - not good enough at this level, regardless if Daniel was'nt offering much support, can't clear his lines properly, could never close down the attacker fast enough, always out of position
Daniel - people say is lack of confidence, i beg to differ, i think he is too lazy and doesnt have a football brain, common sense will say you attack a full back when you have him in an isolated situation and on the back foot right? but no, he chooses to dribble when he has 2 defenders gettign into position 5 yards away.
Leon - is he supposed to be our Makalele or what? poor ball distribution, bad positioning, poor marking, no urgency whatsoever, don't understand why he wasn't subbed
Birchall - even though he had a just as bad game as most, at least he showed some kinda urgency in trying to slow the US attacks down, he needs to demand the ball more
Carlos - worked his socks off, not much help from the other players, decision making in some situations coulda been better
Stern - did the best he could do with the service, expected him to bury his half chance, maybe on another day
KJ - same as Stern but 1st touch let him down most times

did we seriously think we were going there to win, hence starting with 2 forwards?
we cant even supply chances for 1, we could for 2 forwards?
how could you have 2 deep lying defensive midfielders, 2 wingers and 2 forwards?
doesnt that tell you that u conceding the middle area of the pitch as soon as the opposing defence knock the ball past our forwards?
so what if its one dimensional, i keep saying this but it is not necessary to attack through both sides of the field, if we want Carlos to be our main threat and we have issues with our left winger, then we should just tell Keon Daniel to drift inside instead of going up the wing or replace him with a more central minded player
Feliz

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: April 04, 2009, 03:02:36 AM »

WEAKNESSES

Dey know us to a tee.Do we know dem? Apparently not.A bunch a frigging clowns!

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: April 04, 2009, 07:40:09 AM »
he followed it to a "T"
he never wavered
he looked very stubborn
he didnt speak to no one

so job well done Mats

I doh know what to make of the bolded part :)
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline College

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: April 04, 2009, 07:46:03 AM »
he followed it to a "T"
he never wavered
he looked very stubborn
he didnt speak to no one

so job well done Mats

Lol......De man lean up on dat post whole game like a long time saga boy

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: April 04, 2009, 07:57:20 AM »
he followed it to a "T"
he never wavered
he looked very stubborn
he didnt speak to no one

so job well done Mats

Lol......De man lean up on dat post whole game like a long time saga boy
hear nuh, the BEST part is
"and was never distracted by events on the field" :rotfl:
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
« Reply #263 on: April 04, 2009, 09:20:23 AM »
he followed it to a "T"
he never wavered
he looked very stubborn
he didnt speak to no one

so job well done Mats

boy was bout 4 am and ah was drunk and trying tuh write ah poem..big mistake
ah forget what ah was going to compose then as yuh realise nothing rhyming  ;D

yeah College right..de man really didnt leave the post nah  ::)
Feliz

Offline College

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: April 04, 2009, 11:22:07 AM »
Nice read college. tell meh this,from yuh covo wid yuh ppl, do you think there's any chance of maturana being the coach for costa rica?

I ent getting tie up with that. I was privy to a conversation and what was said in Nashville dont really need to be elaborated on.

On another note, ah trying to stay positive ....I play plenty football and know what its like to be a young player and finding yuhself out a yuh depth so i not blaming the youthmen and them.. they didnt pick themselves so ah find we should ease up on the players a lil bit ... the responsibility ultimately ends with the coach.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2009, 11:24:53 AM by College »

Offline College

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: April 04, 2009, 11:55:07 AM »

Beasley may have played LB against El Salvador, but Bradley said specifically (if you believe what John Harkes said) that he shifted Beasley to LB to try and contain Carlos.  Is not Bakes say so.

People like John Harkes is the reason why sometimes ah does put the tv on mute when a watching a game....the US like T&T, have a left back crisis... Heath Pierce was severly exposed in the US Mexico game almost causing two goals.. Bradley try a thing and it worked.

I feel putting Beasley at left back was more out of necessity than concern about Carlos. The whole world know that we like to defend deep and with the strength of the US midfield, it was not a risky option to slot Beasley in the left back.

US came back from 2 goals down vs El Sal'dor mainly thru overlapping runs from Frankie Hedjuk... Bradley obviously favors this and Beasley has the tools to provide the same on the left side ....

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: April 04, 2009, 12:00:03 PM »

People like John Harkes is the reason why sometimes ah does put the tv on mute when a watching a game....the US like T&T, have a left back crisis... Heath Pierce was severly exposed in the US Mexico game almost causing two goals.. Bradley try a thing and it worked.

I feel putting Beasley at left back was more out of necessity than concern about Carlos. The whole world know that we like to defend deep and with the strength of the US midfield, it was not a risky option to slot Beasley in the left back.

US came back from 2 goals down vs El Sal'dor mainly thru overlapping runs from Frankie Hedjuk... Bradley obviously favors this and Beasley has the tools to provide the same on the left side ....

You're right... Harkes lied when he said that was Bradley's strategy.  What he know anyways, we should just mute de TV and read your posts.

Offline College

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: April 04, 2009, 12:14:50 PM »

You're right... Harkes lied when he said that was Bradley's strategy.  What he know anyways, we should just mute de TV and read your posts.

Didnt say I was right ..just my opinion. Didnt say Harkes didnt know anything, ah just doh agree with everything he say, do you? And since when peeps cyah post an opinion?

As for your viewing and reading habits...feel free to do whatever. :beermug:

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: April 04, 2009, 12:26:21 PM »
Didnt say I was right ..just my opinion. Didnt say Harkes didnt know anything, ah just doh agree with everything he say, do you? And since when peeps cyah post an opinion?

As for your viewing and reading habits...feel free to do whatever. :beermug:

I actually find Harkes to be decent... very even-handed in his comments, and knowledgeable about the game.  His connections with the team is what leads me to think that his statement was more inside information than opinion.  But who knows.

Offline nnyman18

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: April 04, 2009, 12:57:42 PM »
Beasley playing left back has been in the works for some months now. I can assure you that his main responsibility was to contain Carlos. Carlos remains one of the biggest headaches for Bradley and I am not asking you I am telling you with full confidence. When you all have a minute pull out your tape and tell me what Bradley did as soon as the goal was scored as it relates to Beasley
I LOVE THIS GAME BETTER THAN I LOVE THIS GAME

1]; } ?>