April 18, 2024, 01:28:08 PM

Author Topic: Kenwyne suffering...  (Read 3057 times)

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
Kenwyne suffering...
« on: April 02, 2009, 08:24:31 AM »
..under that no Manager regime at Sunderland. He no longer improving and I blaming that on Sbragia being in charge at Sunderland. Maybe as a coach as opposed to a manager he got more time to work individually with the players and Kenwyne missing that cause he definitely moving backwards in terms of everything. He cah even win a header anymore as opposed to last year when everything in the air he was a threat.

He need to get out of Sunderland this post season and go somewhere where he could get proper personalise attention if he wants to realise his potential.
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Kenwyne suffering...
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2009, 08:25:52 AM »
..under that no Manager regime at Sunderland. He no longer improving and I blaming that on Sbragia being in charge at Sunderland. Maybe as a coach as opposed to a manager he got more time to work individually with the players and Kenwyne missing that cause he definitely moving backwards in terms of everything. He cah even win a header anymore as opposed to last year when everything in the air he was a threat.

He need to get out of Sunderland this post season and go somewhere where he could get proper personalise attention if he wants to realise his potential.

THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Gladman

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2009, 08:34:24 AM »
Kenwyne Jones is not a striker and will neva be simply because his first touch on d ball is all horrible,cannot be a world class striker with tht type of touch.All he has goin for him is his pace and height,but with his poor first touch and inability to control the ball at time i don't see him as a good target man.
Life Is Like Sugar Cane,It Hard But Sweet

Offline Father Abraham

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2009, 08:35:09 AM »
the boy kenwyn jones is really a boy in a man's body. his main attribute is his size which ables him to post up defenders and distribute the ball, however without the right touch he can't control the ball to distribute so most times he seems ineffective. his size also gives him the ability to head and score goals. other than that as a striker he is limited. playing in england he gets good crosses so he scores but at a regalar pace and contributes, they love big solid strikers in england. now playing for tnt he does not get any service so he does not score any goals, he can't dribble, his touch is poor so he can't create for himself, he is limited, very limited as a striker.

the biggest thing about kj is that he does not have a true position, he is not a striker and he seems lost out there on the field.

frankly i am not the least impressed by him at international level and he needs to get his act together fast.

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2009, 09:55:13 AM »
We need KJ to improve. I am very disappointed in his performance so far in the Hex. I support all Soca Warriors.

KJ need to climb out of that hole.

Offline iceberg

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2009, 10:05:29 AM »
He needs to find a better club where he can compete for a spot.  He don't have to compete for a spot at Sunderland.  Plus he needs a better manager light some fire under his ass when he under-performs.  Sometimes when you watch Kenwyne in games his body language sends off the wrong message IMHO.  Honestly I never thought he was a TOP striker like Keane had hype up the scene.  STILL A WORK IN PROGRESS!!
If your heart is not in the game then your not a true footballer!!!

Offline reggae-fan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2009, 10:17:34 AM »
Actually, most teams in CONCACAF would do anything to have a player like Jones in their side. The guy is good at holding up the ball, plays well with his back to goal.

Jones is in the same mold as Ex Jamaican defender turned midfielder turned striker Onandi Lowe in terms of physical attributes. The thing with Lowe is that he had a great first touch...get the ball to him anywhere in the box and its a guaranteed shot on goal. Actually I think Jones have good first touch and ball control skills most of the time. Lowe scored plent for Jamaica...no reason why Jones at only 22 should go on to score many for T&T.

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2009, 11:55:26 AM »

You could not be serious ! This is a professional player we talking about. So if he was ah taxi driver and crashing all de time , de owner of de business had to tell him to improve ? Look fellas today have dey bread buttered on both sides and dey could still blame somebody else for de tablecloth ! What happend to going on de ground, putting in extra work  and working on your faults ? Pros doh do dat ? 
When you get up dere if you want to stay up dere you have to work hard. Let him eh work on his control nah ....is from hero to zero in seconds in pro football !
So is de coach fault dat he chest is more like a backboard ? ..and man taking ball off he chest, off he foot and off he head like nobody's business ?
So you say he should leave and go somewhere else ..yuh tink de somewhere else eh seeing what you seeing ? Coffee brewing pardner ...wake up and smell it !

Offline NUFF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2009, 12:07:59 PM »

You could not be serious ! This is a professional player we talking about. So if he was ah taxi driver and crashing all de time , de owner of de business had to tell him to improve ? Look fellas today have dey bread buttered on both sides and dey could still blame somebody else for de tablecloth ! What happend to going on de ground, putting in extra work  and working on your faults ? Pros doh do dat ? 
When you get up dere if you want to stay up dere you have to work hard. Let him eh work on his control nah ....is from hero to zero in seconds in pro football !
So is de coach fault dat he chest is more like a backboard ? ..and man taking ball off he chest, off he foot and off he head like nobody's business ?
So you say he should leave and go somewhere else ..yuh tink de somewhere else eh seeing what you seeing ? Coffee brewing pardner ...wake up and smell it !

Well said, Jones was awful last night.  He does not know how to use his assets (size and strength) to his advantage.  De man first touch like he have concrete foot.

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2009, 12:35:53 PM »

You could not be serious ! This is a professional player we talking about. So if he was ah taxi driver and crashing all de time , de owner of de business had to tell him to improve ?

Yeah i serious. The difference between a good club structure and environment to a player who have loads of potential is the difference between where C.Ronaldo is as opposed to where Quaresma reach, who was better than him when they were both in Portugal.
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Corbeaux

« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2009, 12:38:42 PM »

Well said, Jones was awful last night.  He does not know how to use his assets (size and strength) to his advantage.  De man first touch like he have concrete foot.
Jones is not fit............. in fact he isn't anywhere near fit. His first touch is now showing more because before he could run down  the ball but now he just gives up or jogs to it. He came back way to soon from injury and now needs some rest. Jones has the capibility to be a world class striker but Sunderland have to stop abusing him. I don't know if anyone saw this but Jones was  holding his knees bun in the first 20 minutes.

Offline Peter

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2009, 01:05:31 PM »

First touch like he have a concrete foot, lol.

Makes me remember other comment that he now looks like Balrog from Street Fighter run out to take a sweat. I think the extra size has made him unbalanced now, so he can't jump and is less agile now, thats a serious indictment on the trainers at Sunderland, that they couldn't guide the player in developing muscle in such a way as to improve his co-ordination and agility(or to inform him that less muscle is required for such).

As a outsider looking on, it looks like his arms and shoulders are way too developed now for a football player, so that will inhibit his jumping and agility, also his stamina. He should have just gained more muscle on his torso and legs(look at Cristiano, guys torso looks like a bodybuilder, but his are are a little bigger than a marathon runner's, it looks a little off but is required for football), and done so with plenty plyometric type exercises, to build explosive functional type muscle, not the kind of leaden body-builder type he seems to have going on now. Kenwyne looking like a quarter-back now, except that the shoulder pads are actually his shoulders!

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2009, 01:09:18 PM »
Spidey doh blame Sunderland.

I know yuh looking for excuse but Kenwyne just playing shit...( as well as 8 other players on the team)

It does happen.

Is not once he ent trap d ball properly.

Bench him a bit more or doh call him back until his form improves.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
  • Lifes a bitch, then you marry one
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2009, 01:14:13 PM »
I don't think Sbragia is a manager, sorry I know he is not a manager but Kenwyne isn't suffering under the regime.

If truth be told Kenwyne hasn't put in a performance he is capable of since before the Liverpool away game LAST SEASON.  

He is at the minute without doubt carrying an injury, but even though he has scored more he has this season he hasn't played anywhere near aswell.  Some of it is without doubt is down to injury but some is also down to him.  Maybe he does need a manager like Keane, but some of you can't keep blaming Sunderland when he miscontrolls easy balls regularly.  

Its the nature of football fans to over hype then over criticise usually the same people to the same extreme's, I didn't see the game but I have seen quite a few this season where he has played like that.  I think he needs the season over with and if (but its a massive if) we can get 2 wins and a draw, I would like to see him finished for the season.  

There is no way the club could of sold him in January, I did say towards the end of last season that if a very big money offer came in I wouldn't be massively disapointed if he was sold with a decent replacement, I haven't really changed my opinion since.

truetrini

Apologies to Kev........
« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2009, 01:56:30 PM »
fella ah sorry, if Kenwyne Jones is NOT a pub player, then me eh know what de arse he is.  Everygame now de man shitting down he self, and I am ashamed.  de man cyar trap, cyar run off de ball and cyar score.  He passing bad, he vision must be impaired.

I am sorry that yuh shit side pay so much for him.  Can he improve?  Maybe, but I doh see he as no player to terrorize de EPL if he cannot terrorize ah dustbin in El Salvador!

he cannot tie Stern john's shoes if Mr. John wearing ah shoes with velcro straps.

truetrini

KJ cannot tie Stern Shoes
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2009, 02:19:07 PM »
Stern is the man!  He is much more technically savvy, his touches are great, and he can trap the f**king ball.

Jump high or jump low, KJ does disappear while Stern does be playing midfield and fowards for this team.  Stern is de fcoking master.

All de alk about throw away...steups when de f**k KJ go start to throw away some?

And Poor carlos, de man running hard no arse and den no body but Stern to pass to!

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: KJ cannot tie Stern Shoes
« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2009, 02:23:55 PM »
Stern is the man!  He is much more technically savvy, his touches are great, and he can trap the f**king ball.

Jump high or jump low, KJ does disappear while Stern does be playing midfield and fowards for this team.  Stern is de fcoking master.

All de alk about throw away...steups when de f**k KJ go start to throw away some?

And Poor carlos, de man running hard no arse and den no body but Stern to pass to!

yuh mean carlos poor crosses
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Apologies to Kev........
« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2009, 02:37:31 PM »
KJ is the fastest player on our team by far and he has a good work rate. Part of the reason he looks so bad is our set up as well as tactics. Ultimately the coach takes most of the blame because he is not setting the players up in position to be sucessful.

That same KJ would put Both Chin and Altidore on the bench and score nuff goals if he was american.

It is not only the players fault.

for example

If you pass the ball to KJ and he is isolated he will lose the ball, because he is not a good shielder or ball possesion man.

Yorke had the same problem with TnT.

Score 30 for manu and cannot put one in for TnT versus Jamaica.

Building a team with complimentary attributes is key, you cannot just pick 11 men with contract and expect them to play like how they does play at their club.

KJ attributes would be better use to us in midfield where we lack speed and work rate.

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2009, 02:47:14 PM »
fastest player on d team? maybe, but not by far, i see edwards blow past beasely last night. that is pace
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2009, 02:54:27 PM »
fella ah sorry, if Kenwyne Jones is NOT a pub player, then me eh know what de arse he is.  Everygame now de man shitting down he self, and I am ashamed.  de man cyar trap, cyar run off de ball and cyar score.  He passing bad, he vision must be impaired.

I am sorry that yuh shit side pay so much for him.  Can he improve?  Maybe, but I doh see he as no player to terrorize de EPL if he cannot terrorize ah dustbin in El Salvador!

he cannot tie Stern john's shoes if Mr. John wearing ah shoes with velcro straps.

come on now. leww stop this thing about selling out our bess players at the first sign of poor form. remember how piss poor Carlos looked for the better part of the last couple of seasons? the man couldn't trap a ball, far less beat a cone. he's probably T&T's best performer of late and returned to the kind of player his country and club need (jury still out on the latter...hehe). KJ is not playing this badly cause he is shite...His form has just fallen off a cliff. It would be one thing if he were playing well for his club but poorly for his country. But his club form has fallen off as well...so it's not a case of him only being able to play a specific type of football as some are trying to allude to. He is not the most technically gifted player and those issues are being magnified now that his confidence is deflated (same thing we saw with carlos). It's one thing to be critical, it's another thing to be overly dramatic and talk like the man never play a good game in his life. KJ deserve to ride some pine...daiz all
« Last Edit: April 02, 2009, 02:59:18 PM by Filho »

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
  • Lifes a bitch, then you marry one
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 02, 2009, 03:04:56 PM »

He hasn't cost my Shit Side ;) a dime tbf.  Better yet if he is sold in the summer it will be at a big profit, nothing but thanks and best wishes for Kenwyne whichever way it pans out.  

He will only improve if Kenwyne wants to improve.  He may look better in a better team but will never be the player he could be without improving a few aspects of his game.  

If he is sold in the summer then if I was him I would look to Villa, probably the best manager/coach to get the best out of him and the biggest improvement imho.  

You should cut the lad some slack, he is carrying an injury and out of form, he isn't as bad as some are making out on here and he isn't as good by the same token.  Personally think the season is a write off for him, he might score the odd goal but don't think he will find his form now, he looks to the world that he needs to take a break or like my shit side get a manager.

Offline NUFF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 02, 2009, 06:34:50 PM »
Do we as Trinis sit back and listen to ourselves sometimes?  We are the kings of excuses.  Are we so bad that we going to resort to blaming Sunderland fuh de shit that Kenwyne Jones has been playing for the Trinidad and Tobago national football team?

What KJ is doing now and what our team is playing now is the norm for us.  It is a reflection of us as a nation.  What we saw last night vs the US is engrained in our culture.  Collectively we are lackadaisical, we lack pride and passion.  2006 was de exception.

1]; } ?>