April 16, 2024, 04:01:50 PM

Author Topic: Keon Daniel in Kaka type midfield role.  (Read 5961 times)

Offline Peter

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Keon Daniel in Kaka type midfield role.
« on: April 02, 2009, 10:21:25 AM »
I was just reading a story about Brazil's game vs Peru, and after reading about Kaka, it just dawned on me that Keon Daniel is simular to him in some respects- obviously Kaka is totally developed and rifined after years in top European competition, so don't think I'm underestimating him(imho one of best in the world with Messi, Cristiano, Gerrard, and one other I can't remember now), but don't underestimate your Trini brother either.

If you look at the way Daniel plays, moves, runs and the type of skills he does, and if you know Kaka's game well you could see the similarities. They are similar tall lanky players so the way they run with the ball has some simularities, also to Daniel's credit he is one of those players who can create space while surrounded by defenders, and not with gaudy ineffective moves, but very efficient skills, very Kaka-esque.

When I think about it that way, that further re-inforces in my mind that he shouldn't be on the wing, the way he runs with the ball(similar to Kaka) isn't best suited to wing play imho. He can create space, but I think rather than having to run in a narrow confined space(tough winger-type running), because of the way he runs with the ball, that ability to create space will be better used in midfield with him passing the ball using the space he creates, or able to run with it in a less confined way, again, in a role simular to Kaka.

His ability with freekicks would signify to me that if he isn't already good at crosses and precise passing, more than any other player in the team he can learn it(also he has youth on his side, aka he isn't a old hardened horse as yet). Also I've heard others saying that he used to be a top midfield player when he was younger, before Mats put him on the wing. I for one really see the potential in this youth to be a type and quality midfield player that we've rarely seen in this country(save Latapy and a few others).

I don't think his lanky running style is best suited to the wing, and I don't know of many top wingers like that(I concede that I could be mistaken). Also, I don't think hes a "keen enough" player to play on the wing, where you have to have unaffected drive to press on and get to the byline, I don't think hes that type of player, but with his silky skills and ability to make space, and his ability with the making the ball do as he wants in the air, I can certainly see him being a very good or top midfielder, with similar play to Kaka.

As said before, I think it will more suit his personality that I've seen so far, he doesn't look to have the wingers' unquenchable drive- to get to the byline, but with his skills, if he doesn't feel driven to drive forward himself at a moment, he could skin a few players and make space and hit a good forward pass.

I didn't have enough time to look over what I typed for any contradictions etc, so please excuse, and I know many will disagree, but thats to be expected.

LOL, I expected those responses. You guys don't understand, I'm not saying Keon is comparible to present day Kaka, I'm just saying the way he plays I could see him in that type of role, and not as a winger. I'm not even saying he could reach close to Kaka's level, cause that takes an amazing determination I've not seen from our players really, but he COULD play a simular role, how close (or anywhere remotely near) he gets to the best is VERY questionable and debatable though.

Its probably completely implausible, or it could have a little bit of merit, either way it sure is polarising and at worst(or best) is a funny read for you guys, crazy fantasy football, so that's cool.

I guess this is very provacative too, because after men disgruntled from seeing the team crumble through disorganisation at USA, a man coming and saying Keon Daniel and Kaka in the same sentence, LOL. That should make the thread garner some attention and emotional outbursts, acting at  least as an outlet for frustration of T&T fans at performance of the team. (?)

Also don't take this too seriously, it was just a sort of fleeting daydream I had lol.

Take care. :) :beermug:
« Last Edit: April 02, 2009, 12:51:28 PM by Peter »

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Keon Daniel in Kaka type midfield role.
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2009, 10:22:04 AM »
 :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:  April Fools done boy

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2009, 10:24:42 AM »
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:  April Fools done boy

Well said
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2009, 10:25:35 AM »
 :D
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Disgruntled_Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2009, 10:33:55 AM »

I was just reading a story about Brazil's game vs Peru, and after reading about Kaka, it just dawned on me that Keon Daniel is simular to him in some respects-

muhahahahahahaha, what f**king shit is this I reading???

Més que un club.

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2009, 10:41:48 AM »
You sure you eh mixing up yuh KAKA ?

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2009, 10:43:59 AM »
On the real though, I think he is better suited behind the strikers than on the wing too.
No defensive responsibilities and his dribbling will be more effective in these areas of the field
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2009, 10:47:17 AM »
Maybe Kaka big toe on he non kicking foot.

stueps

Keon have good ball control decent touch and good kicking technique

He lacking fitness.speed,drive

When kaka pick up the ball he going past you towards goal
Keon making 5 yards and the defense catching him back.

he should switch to futsal a smaller field will do him well, running does not count as much

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2009, 10:52:16 AM »
and yorke is we ronaldinho.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline slates

• Sr. Warrior
  • Big-up L'Anse Mitan Carenage
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2009, 10:52:36 AM »
Well is a good thing Keon is Kaka-esque.
Because if Kaka was Keon-esque, he wasn't even getting a pirogue ride out of Brazil.

Toujour Pret!

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2009, 10:54:11 AM »
Well is a good thing Keon is Kaka-esque.
Because if Kaka was Keon-esque, he wasn't even getting a pirogue ride out of Brazil.

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2009, 11:00:31 AM »

I was just reading a story about Brazil's game vs Peru, and after reading about Kaka, it just dawned on me that Keon Daniel is simular to him in some respects-

muhahahahahahaha, what f**king shit is this I reading???

Peter is you??

:rotfl:

THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline slates

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2009, 11:02:18 AM »
Wam Peter, it eh have nobody at the Pearly Gates for yuh to check een (to copy Berris from another thread)?
 :rotfl: :rotfl:
Toujour Pret!

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2009, 11:08:01 AM »
Peter,
            I read your comparison with Kaka and Keon with interest. I like the analogies. But the difference between them is that Kaka is a commiited profsessional. Kaka is a big guy about 6ft something. He is very strong and is difficult to push off the ball. He is also deceptively very fast.

Keon has skills. He can dribble. He is a roving mid fielder. He does not play in one area of the field. He can succeed back home and in the Caribbean. But against US, Mex, CR, Hon and Africa, Euro teams he can't cut it. At least not  just yet. He is not a physically big player. He like a zwill. He get knock off the ball easily. He CANNOT EVEN BRING THE BALL FROM OUR AREA TO THE US SEMI_CIRCLE WITHOUT LOSING IT. AT no time in the game he was able to carry the ball more than 5 yrds. If you can't do that at this level you have to check yourself and say "aye aye, if the team is centered around me and I can't deliver, then something wrong with my style". I like both Keon and Akile. They still young. They both need to work on their physical(weight training, stamina etc). They NEED to do those things on their OWN if they want to succeed.

Offline Peter

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2009, 11:08:23 AM »
LOL, I expected those responses. You guys don't understand, I'm not saying Keon is comparible to present day Kaka, I'm just saying the way he plays I could see him in that type of role, and not as a winger. I'm not even saying he could reach close to Kaka's level, cause that takes an amazing determination I've not seen from our players really, but he COULD play a simular role, how close (or anywhere remotely near) he gets to the best is VERY questionable and debatable though.

Offline slates

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2009, 11:13:22 AM »
Hear nah, ah tellin yuh inno, one satta trinis stormin d pearly gates inno, while you on d forum.
 :rotfl:
Toujour Pret!

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2009, 11:14:04 AM »

Well den you preaching to de choir
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2009, 11:17:17 AM »
On the real though, I think he is better suited behind the strikers than on the wing too.
No defensive responsibilities and his dribbling will be more effective in these areas of the field

Yuh really feel we could afford to have 2 strikers AND a player without any defensive responsibilities on top of that?

Peter...welcome to the board.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2009, 11:19:16 AM »
Peter,
             We cool!!!!

Offline trinikev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2009, 11:26:01 AM »

I find Keon Daniel is NOTHING like Kaka. Kaka is big, fast, powerful and skillful all at the same time. Of those attributes, Daniel is only skillful. I agree that he is more suited to a central attacking mid role, but if u comparing him to any of the world class midfielders, he is closer in style to Riquelme than anyone else (IMO). They are both deceptively slow, with excellent poise on the ball under pressure, silky dribbling skills with good shooting technique. Kaka is a completely different style of player.
I support all Soca Warriors....Red, White and Blacklist

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 02, 2009, 11:26:47 AM »
allyuh really underestimating this fella called skilla. he jus need to right ppl around him to push him fwd.  and i really think he will thrive in a withdrawn striker / central attacking mid role . where he is given the freedom to take on men
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 02, 2009, 11:27:39 AM »
peter u ever hear de sayin bout oil and water.well this is de perfect eg.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline Peter

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 02, 2009, 11:33:00 AM »

I find Keon Daniel is NOTHING like Kaka. Kaka is big, fast, powerful and skillful all at the same time. Of those attributes, Daniel is only skillful. I agree that he is more suited to a central attacking mid role, but if u comparing him to any of the world class midfielders, he is closer in style to Riquelme than anyone else (IMO). They are both deceptively slow, with excellent poise on the ball under pressure, silky dribbling skills with good shooting technique. Kaka is a completely different style of player.

I see where your coming from and agree with you, don't think I'm persisting with the fleeting comparision, but also don't forget that Kaka wasn't always big and powerful, he only gained that when he went to Milan.

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 02, 2009, 11:36:55 AM »
peter i think u have something to be honest. ppl seeing kaka the established player being compared to a diamond in the rough in keon. i dont get the idea that u r saying the players are  on the same skill level, u just saying that they have similar traits. one be it refined  and already reached the top of his game. the other still doesnt have a club
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline Peter

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 02, 2009, 12:03:10 PM »
Disgruntled Trini, you really trying hard to live up to your name boy, lol.

Offline Peter

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 02, 2009, 12:16:14 PM »
peter i think u have something to be honest. ppl seeing kaka the established player being compared to a diamond in the rough in keon. i dont get the idea that u r saying the players are  on the same skill level, u just saying that they have similar traits. one be it refined  and already reached the top of his game. the other still doesnt have a club

yeah thats it exactly freakazoid.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 02, 2009, 12:21:13 PM »

Well u c at d moment Keon eh doin heself no favours so 2 compare wit KAKA peeps go ask how much u drink and  :rotfl:

Offline Peter

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 02, 2009, 12:22:39 PM »

Well u c at d moment Keon eh doin heself no favours so 2 compare wit KAKA peeps go ask how much u drink and  :rotfl:

Thats right also, Lol. I'm not talking about his performances recently though(being a liability to the team and generally ineffective, ON THE WING), I'm talking about the player and his traits I've seen through all that, its down to the player himself though to even get near to as good as Kaka's left big toe.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2009, 12:27:55 PM by Peter »

Offline trinikev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 02, 2009, 12:27:08 PM »

I see where your coming from and agree with you, don't think I'm persisting with the fleeting comparision, but also don't forget that Kaka wasn't always big and powerful, he only gained that when he went to Milan.

maybe so, but one thing Kaka has that u cah teach is pace.......Daniel is in no way a pacy player, which is why we can't compare the 2. That just gives Kaka a whole different dimension to his game that Daniel more than likely will never have, and it kinda dictates the way they play. Kaka's pace and acceleration are integral facets to his game, while Daniel relies more on his dribbling ability in close quarters to make an impact. They don't attack opposing defences in the same way.
I support all Soca Warriors....Red, White and Blacklist

Offline Peter

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 02, 2009, 12:30:47 PM »

maybe so, but one thing Kaka has that u cah teach is pace.......Daniel is in no way a pacy player, which is why we can't compare the 2. That just gives Kaka a whole different dimension to his game that Daniel more than likely will never have, and it kinda dictates the way they play. Kaka's pace and acceleration are integral facets to his game, while Daniel relies more on his dribbling ability in close quarters to make an impact. They don't attack opposing defences in the same way.
hmm, I see your point. But at the same time Daniel isn't one of those leaden footed players either, but as you said still not pacy like Kaka.

1]; } ?>