April 19, 2024, 04:05:53 PM

Author Topic: Keon Daniel in Kaka type midfield role.  (Read 5966 times)

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Keon Daniel in Kaka type midfield role.
« Reply #30 on: April 02, 2009, 12:44:27 PM »
He probably meant Keon does play a bunch of kaka

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 02, 2009, 01:06:06 PM »
Peter,

Keon Daniel ent able.

Until he leave these shores and get a contract abroad and improve, then we go look for him then.

Right now he wasting time on the field and making Aklie look worse than he really is.

Bench for he...he is not Int'l caliber yet.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline Lower St. John

• It's All About Unity, Togetherness..........
  • Hero Warrior
  • Don't cry as it's over, continue to enjoy it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 02, 2009, 01:14:59 PM »
Right now he wasting time on the field and making Aklie look worse than he really is.
I am in no way a fan of Akile but I believe he looks worse on the field because of who is playing in front of him, and most times it is Keon.

Both Akile and Keon are young and we hope they improve but the truth be told they are not ready for the international game.

Blessings
Germany 2006 Was A Lifetime Experience Not To Be Forgotten!!!!!!!!!

Offline Peter

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 02, 2009, 01:56:21 PM »
Peter,

Keon Daniel ent able.

Until he leave these shores and get a contract abroad and improve, then we go look for him then.

Bench for he...he is not Int'l caliber yet.

Yeah, I agree with you, he definitely isn't international calibre yet, at least not on the wing. I've yet to see him in midfield, so I can't comment on that yet. But as you said, he has to play in Europe for us to see if he's capable of bringing out the potential he has, because many players have talent(look at all those vids you see of kids playing amazing, but few are able to bring out their talent on the big stage when they're playing against big men.(e.g. as Kaka, cristiano, messi, etc and others have been able to)

I don't care what anyone else say, I see so much potential in some players down here, its just that they don't get nurtured along like players do in England and Europe, so the talent stagnates and is never truly refined, so most players are rendered hopelessly inconsistent, and second rate, like many of the older players we have.

Also most coaches down here don't seem able to train our youths in European like consistent play. If we could get that down coupled with the general skillfulness players have here, we'll be a real force.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2009, 01:59:46 PM by Peter »

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 02, 2009, 04:32:06 PM »
On the real though, I think he is better suited behind the strikers than on the wing too.
No defensive responsibilities and his dribbling will be more effective in these areas of the field

Yuh really feel we could afford to have 2 strikers AND a player without any defensive responsibilities on top of that?

Peter...welcome to the board.

Bro,
The man isn't defending on the left right now and we getting goal in our skin coming down that left side so it shouldn't be that big a difference
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline Peter

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 02, 2009, 04:55:06 PM »
On the real though, I think he is better suited behind the strikers than on the wing too.
No defensive responsibilities and his dribbling will be more effective in these areas of the field

Yuh really feel we could afford to have 2 strikers AND a player without any defensive responsibilities on top of that?

Peter...welcome to the board.

Thanks for the welcome JDB!

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 02, 2009, 05:01:03 PM »
Look how Beaseley does play. he is a left mid. He does attack and he does defend. He helps his LB. He is not a great player but he uses his speed well. He is a main stay on the US team.

Offline fitzinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Keon Daniel
« Reply #37 on: July 29, 2013, 11:26:09 AM »

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 29, 2013, 03:18:27 PM »
Watching the video there's no way Daniel deserved a red card (as the author of that article makes it seem) for the kick, it wasn't nearly as vicious or desperate as he makes it seem.  Yellow seemed appropriate.  Can't assess how he played the rest of the game.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 29, 2013, 04:33:25 PM »
Keon didn't play badly against the Whitecaps....but he didn't stamp (no pun intended) his authority on the game either.

THIS is exactly the role many on this forum (and it seems like in Philly as well) have been advocating for Keon for some time and he failed to seize his opportunity.

I sense the author of the piece is more expressing his disappointment and frustration that Keon did not take advantage of this opportunity.  The author may well feel that Keon has the ability but not the GUMPTION to play the role.   

If that's what it is, I feel that same frustration and disappointment with Keon because I know he can do better.  He desperately needs to be more assertive on the field....although no matter how much I or others wish it for him.....he's the only one that can actually do anything about it.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 29, 2013, 06:19:49 PM »
Keon daniel is ah big player who knows how to score which is the main thing that our football lacks.

on another note, allyuh really rolled out the welcome mat for that peter fella.  :puking:

wow those were the good ole days of SWO hazing sessions, glad they are gone and way behind us, there were too many intolerant mdfkrs on the site.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 30, 2013, 10:35:08 AM »
Keon didn't play badly against the Whitecaps....but he didn't stamp (no pun intended) his authority on the game either.

THIS is exactly the role many on this forum (and it seems like in Philly as well) have been advocating for Keon for some time and he failed to seize his opportunity.

I sense the author of the piece is more expressing his disappointment and frustration that Keon did not take advantage of this opportunity.  The author may well feel that Keon has the ability but not the GUMPTION to play the role.   

If that's what it is, I feel that same frustration and disappointment with Keon because I know he can do better.  He desperately needs to be more assertive on the field....although no matter how much I or others wish it for him.....he's the only one that can actually do anything about it.

Unfortunately that is a reoccurring theme with Keon.  As I mentioned in another thread I keep waiting for him to have that breakout game, but everytime I watch him play it's the same lack of assertiveness. Not a bad game just nothing special. The good thing is that the coach keeps playing him so he must be doing something right or fulfilling some important need.
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 30, 2013, 10:47:28 AM »
Keon is a role player who TnT is trying to make into a star boy.

We have a blue print for what a Star Boy looks like

Look at Latapy, Yorke

Latapy was running the Strike squad midfield at 19 20 years old with consistient Star boy performances

At some point potential does not translate to performance and you move on and wait for the next star boy

Keon star boy ship has sailed but he can be a very effective role player for the squad.

On to the next one.

Not because you are the best of the bunch say 5 years ago makes you one of the "best" ;).

Offline fitzinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 30, 2013, 10:59:24 AM »

Unfortunately that is a reoccurring theme with Keon.  As I mentioned in another thread I keep waiting for him to have that breakout game, but everytime I watch him play it's the same lack of assertiveness. Not a bad game just nothing special. The good thing is that the coach keeps playing him so he must be doing something right or fulfilling some important need.
Where have I heard that before about another T&T player  :o

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 30, 2013, 12:07:13 PM »

Where have I heard that before about another T&T player  :o
Yeah. Ah wasn't going to go there because I haven't actually seen Denzill play.
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

1]; } ?>