April 28, 2024, 05:22:07 AM

Author Topic: Obama to be in Trinidad for 4 hours?  (Read 8936 times)

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Obama to be in Trinidad for 4 hours?
« Reply #30 on: April 05, 2009, 12:17:29 PM »
However...i would greatly love to see obama tint get strip. :devil:

ent?!!...ah go dead if yuh see de same rogue police whey stop manning motorcade, end up stoppin barack cadillac and start to pass out razor blades to the secret service fellahs

:rotfl: :rotfl:

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 05, 2009, 05:26:05 PM »

ent?!!...ah go dead if yuh see de same rogue police whey stop manning motorcade, end up stoppin barack cadillac and start to pass out razor blades to the secret service fellahs

And worse yet...ask dem fuh dey permit and insurance.....and when dey eh have none.....sieze car....plus charge dem for driving on de bus route.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 05, 2009, 05:36:41 PM »
All yuh does go through hoops 2 clean all  yuh house 4 xmas. Think of dis as Xmas 4 d east west corridor
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

truetrini

« Reply #33 on: April 06, 2009, 07:43:29 AM »

And worse yet...ask dem fuh dey permit and insurance.....and when dey eh have none.....sieze car....plus charge dem for driving on de bus route.

I am not sure if this is supposed to be tongue in cheek!

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #34 on: April 06, 2009, 10:25:19 PM »
Actually Cana the Beetham looking like a gated community girl, the berm coming along nicely....
I agree that we will benefit, but I have a problem with the apparent lack of paying attention to the things we need.  Why I have to wait for ah summit for mih road to be fixed??  And note is only a certain part of the Saddle Road dat get organised eh....the street coming een by me in a mess and ah doubt it will get any attention cuz Obama definitely not coming een by me....

Is the window dressing and pappy show syndrome I have a problem with.....

That is exactly the problem. Any benefit to the citizens is a secondary outcome to the show they trying to put on. It is a slap in the face of people that things that needed work only get worked on when a summit being held. Or that the Police could take a hard line on anything only with the impetus of a summit. And for those who not in a summit-related area crapaud smoke your pipe. It is especially funny when you hear about Manning's great 2020 vision. I imagine in December 2019 he will wake up and spend a set of money to pave roads and build walls too.

And you could guarantee that the roads will get dig up in short order, vagrants will be back on the streets and vehicles and camera will not be maintained and will end up in disrepair.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 07, 2009, 02:09:53 PM »

And you could guarantee that the roads will get dig up in short order, vagrants will be back on the streets and vehicles and camera will not be maintained and will end up in disrepair.

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
Boy last night on de news dey report dat dey cyar find de vagrants to carry them to St. Anns.... :rotfl:
Dis place good yes.....
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 07, 2009, 03:03:08 PM »
back to my original question dervaig what is the point of this thread, and where u get your news from ?, i still waiting an answer
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 07, 2009, 04:41:58 PM »
lookin at de news eh see nutten on obama bein in trini,he made ah surprise stop in iraq.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 07, 2009, 04:44:54 PM »
lookin at de news eh see nutten on obama bein in trini,he made ah surprise stop in iraq.

they aint start talking about that summit thing yet on international news nah, but i did hear him say when he was in Canada that he was looking forward to being in the summit in Trinidad to talk with that Canadian prime minister.
Youtube Channel

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 07, 2009, 05:39:55 PM »

Boy last night on de news dey report dat dey cyar find de vagrants to carry them to St. Anns.... :rotfl:
Dis place good yes.....
only 4 vagrants reported admitted in st james and my cousin notice there's a rise in vagrant populations from St. Joseph to Tunapuna. hmmm

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 07, 2009, 05:54:59 PM »

Dis place good yes.....
only 4 vagrants reported admitted in st james and my cousin notice there's a rise in vagrant populations from St. Joseph to Tunapuna. hmmm

they cah run forever
Youtube Channel

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 07, 2009, 06:46:08 PM »

Dis place good yes.....

they cah run forever
yuh ever try to run down a vagrant with a curry-cue ticket?  You cyah ketch dem.

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #42 on: April 08, 2009, 06:19:11 AM »
They say 2 nights.

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
« Reply #43 on: April 12, 2009, 10:21:40 AM »
Ah tiefin' computer time...  ;D ;D

Dis article sums it up for me where dis Summit benefiting TnT, physically and emotionally.  AGAIN, ah saying it have reporters who does come ein here, get dey pointers and next thing you see is dem receiving award for bess article >:(

Singing praise for the Summit
Sunday, April 12th 2009
Trinidad Express

I thought on this Easter Sunday that I should let everyone know that I saw a police car driving along the Diego Martin Main Road around 1 a.m. last Thursday.

Is it purely coincidental or is it that there's a major event on later this week and the troops are out in force, because in more than 15 years of residing in the area, a police car at 1 a.m. is a rare sighting.

We hardly ever see a blue and white-painted vehicle with flashing lights around here in the day, far less the night.

Alright, they say we shouldn't be nitpicking and bad mouthing our country with the eyes of the world upon us, but if that's the start of a new 'showing our presence' move by the Police Service-besides stopping drivers and ordering them to remove the tint on their cars-and it will continue long after April 19, then I'm all for it, especially if innocent people will no longer be shot and killed on the Brian Lara Promenade, in the heart of what will be the centre of the Western Hemisphere for the next few days.

So, bring on the Fifth Summit of the Americas.

After all, I hear some Trini wives are telling their husbands to - just do it for the Summit - when it comes to any chores around the house that have been waiting years to be completed.

Like cleaning the clogged drains in the Beetham!

Or moving the many vagrants off the streets, or at least making an attempt to rehabilitate some of those lost souls, allowing them to share in the many bounties of this blessed land.

There I go grumbling again, and would you believe that this was written the night before the first - dry run- in Port of Spain, 24 hours before the long Easter weekend, when everyone had something to do, with banks and offices closed the next day and all manner of things to be completed, like buying some hot-cross buns or getting the nicest salmon.

Oh gosh, I'm moaning once more, just before our big-shot visitors start arriving, the same dignitaries who will ensure that so many benefits come our way in the very near future, which would never have been possible without our hosting this gargantuan conference.

After all, someone responsible for this massive outlay of scarce resources, I think it was the Prime Minister, hinted at what a supreme saviour this Summit would be, at the same time patting himself on the back and pointing out in his usual humble manner that the main venue for the grand pappyshow, I mean occasion, was put together with great foresight.

I don't know how much foresight it took to build a 26-storey tower that has no tenants, though. Surely, we couldn't have constructed such an edifice in record time for only three all-expenses-paid days in April.

But then that brainchild came from the same source that saw the value of a super stadium at Tarouba, where the earth doesn't sit still and our money-or more importantly our children and their children's patrimony-is still paying for a non-essential project-which failed to find the approval of almost every Tom, Dick and Harry from the time we were informed that it would be built.

Even if the majority were in agreement about the Brian Lara Stadium, it still should have been completed by 2007 at the latest.

If you're too taken up with the Summit and are dry-cleaning your suit and trimming your hair to go and meet Obama, or you're a vagrant on the run from your cardboard box in Tamarind Square and don't have time to read the papers, that was two years and more than $500 million ago.

Hey, this is a country where Calders and Karens-come-lately-who control billions of taxpayers'dollars while their hustling brother-in-law's fax number is the same as the government agency he's trying to get business from, or own shares in a once-thriving conglomerate and still lead the bail-out of that now cash-strapped institution-are praised and approved by the highest office in the land.

And on the other divide, big men known as Ramjack take along innocent children to get their point across to an even 'bigger' man who is always just one step from the courthouse. And they want to govern this place.

Oh shoots, man, now I'm bad-mouthing the whole political oligarchy, and I'm not even a fisherman operating out of King's Wharf in San Fernando who will have his source of income disrupted for the entire week by a day trip to a bird sanctuary.

Hey, I have no problem with letting our guests see the many attractions of our country, but do they have to get back to town on the Water Taxi, and so inconvenience and take scarce funds out of the pockets of another group of artisans, besides the already sidelined ladies who operate the Breakfast Shed and have to put aside their pots and pans and clear out of the Red Zone?

Grumble, grumble, grumble...when I should be looking forward to the many things that this Summit can produce in our favour, including those monetary inflows from the Land of the Free, where one of their most venerable blue chip companies, General Motors, is close to filing for bankruptcy.

They're supposed to be our Godfather and send all manner of good things in our direction, yet they can't even see their way out of their own self-induced predicament.

So we should just be thankful for small mercies, that the murder rate is down to one a week instead of one a day, and they paved all the potholes around the Queen's Park Savannah, and cut down all the trees at the airport and in San Fernando, and built a pretty fountain on the waterfront, and put up a 'berm' along the Beetham Highway.

But I won't go quietly into the night because I want to know about all the people who live here in T&T, year upon year-weren't we good enough to have things done for us without waiting for a colossal Summit that's going to leave us short of another $500 million?

Didn't we deserve to get our just due as a matter of course?

After all, it's our money paying the grandiose bills.

But then you never know, and all these unaccustomed things we see happening around us, like policemen on patrol, and a whole lot of painting and cleaning and paving, except for the cutting down of the trees, may well continue long after the Summit.

And that's when cock will grow teeth!

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 12, 2009, 07:01:44 PM »
Yea people singing praise now but i was singing praise long time. Im a marketing man and just being able to market TnT free,  thats by being on big news channels like CNN, MSNBC, Aljazira, BBC, etc. Is worst any money.  And that was a good gamble by Manning being that it will happen to have the first Black President of the USA by chance.

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: April 12, 2009, 07:04:20 PM »
Barrack and Michelle gets dog to keep daughters company while they go to Trinidad and Tobago.
--------------------
Obama girls name their new puppy 'Bo'

By PHILIP ELLIOTT, Associated Press Writer Philip Elliott, Associated Press Writer – Sun Apr 12, 3:38 pm ET
WASHINGTON – Bo? No jest.

The first family has settled on a first pet — a 6-month-old Portuguese water dog that the Obama girls are naming Bo.

The selection was one of the White House's most tightly kept secrets.

President Barack Obama's daughters, 10-year-old Malia and 7-year-old Sasha, picked a black and white pup, a White House official speaking on the condition of anonymity told The Associated Press Saturday night.

The dog is a gift from Sen. Edward M. Kennedy, D-Mass., who owns several Portuguese water dogs himself.

"We couldnt be happier to see the joy that Bo is bringing to Malia and Sasha," Kennedy said in a statement. "We love our Portuguese water dogs and know that the girls — and their parents — will love theirs, too."

The Washington Post reported in its online editions Saturday night that Obama's daughters chose the name Bo for the pup because first lady Michelle Obama's father was nicknamed Diddley. The name for the dog was an apparent reference to the singer "Bo" Diddley.

White House aides told the AP that the office of the first lady arranged an exclusive deal on the dog story with the Post. The officials, who demanded anonymity because of the deal with the Post on exclusive details, said the dog was not in the White House as of Saturday evening.

Throughout the day Saturday, celebrity Web sites and bloggers were abuzz with rumors of the first family's selection of a Portuguese water dog; one site even claimed it had pictures of the future first pet.

The president had embraced the frenzy: "Oh, man, now, that's top secret," Obama joked Friday to reporters.

Obama promised his daughters a puppy during the campaign.

"This is Washington. That was a campaign promise," Obama said when he appeared on Jay Leno's talk show last month, as the audience roared with laughter. "No, I'm teasing. The dog will be there shortly."

The president and first lady had said their choice was down to either a Portuguese water dog or a Labradoodle because they were considered good pets for children who have allergies, as Malia does.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 12, 2009, 08:19:37 PM »

bush takes a touch  ::)
Youtube Channel

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 13, 2009, 02:09:32 PM »
Aight enough with the bacchanal. trinis like too  much of that. lets get down to business what topic should we and the media should pressure our Honorable Patrick Manning and Mariano Browne to pursue while we have the attention of leaders from Western half of the world in their possession.

• - Future Decrease of dependency of our Oil due to Obama's plan to invest in alternative energy sources.
  • - Increase use of our Pitch lake due to Obama billion dollar plan to refurbish roads and bridge all over

• -Illegal immigrant of nationals from Colombia and Venezuela
  • - Crime and Gang fighting strategies in certain social class
  • - Future Free trade agreement
What else and what you think?

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 13, 2009, 05:53:54 PM »
Take a basketball sweat in Jean Pierre!!!!!!

Offline dervaig

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 18, 2009, 08:03:23 AM »
Obama still in Trinidad?

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 18, 2009, 08:07:40 AM »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 18, 2009, 08:12:56 AM »
Obama still in Trinidad?

yeh he still here, he 4 hrs up yet?
Youtube Channel

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 18, 2009, 01:44:47 PM »
obama what...
daiz a look alike we have down here. Allyuh never see vantage point a what?
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 19, 2009, 03:02:32 PM »
D longest 4 hrs ever
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline dervaig

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 19, 2009, 10:08:01 PM »
Itz all over.

$1BB TT spent, and for what?

4 hours, or 48 hours, what was accomplished by spending
$1BB TT on this summit?

Let the senseless murders, and kidnappings begin again.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 19, 2009, 10:18:29 PM »
Itz all over.

$1BB TT on this summit?

Hush yuh c**t.

Offline dervaig

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 20, 2009, 04:59:28 AM »
Itz all over.

$1BB TT on this summit?

Hush yuh c**t.

How profound!

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 20, 2009, 08:08:56 AM »
u is a propaganda tool for RamJack?
Youtube Channel

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 20, 2009, 10:32:37 AM »

How profound!

Yes, the profundity of your c**tery is truly astounding.

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 20, 2009, 12:06:38 PM »
Yea people singing praise now but i was singing praise long time. Im a marketing man and just being able to market TnT free,  thats by being on big news channels like CNN, MSNBC, Aljazira, BBC, etc. Is worst any money.  And that was a good gamble by Manning being that it will happen to have the first Black President of the USA by chance.

umm, it cost $500m.

1]; } ?>