April 26, 2024, 10:07:03 AM

Author Topic: T&T party after defeat, fans consider boycott  (Read 15992 times)

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: T&T party after defeat, fans consider boycott
« Reply #60 on: April 03, 2009, 03:17:54 PM »
well like i told some of de fellahs i met there, if it wasn't for rum and song after a game like that i might still be wallowing in depression all now so...

i could see both sides of the argument and i will reserve my opinion.

what i will say though is that i could guarantee these players would not 'unwind' like this back in England for their professional clubs.

You could picture Kenwyne and Carlos 'unwinding' the night after Sunderland get relegated?

that is bun dong house business.

Yeah every culture is different and I guess the struggle is to figure out which aspects of your culture hurt & which ones help...

If yuh ever get a chance (which you may have already), take a look at how Brazil's pre game behavior....particularly their bus ride to the match...Iz pure raucous samba drums, chantin', singing & dancing on the bus... It's part of their culture and their coaches (not sure if all) have been known to encourage it.  Other cultures might look at that and perceive it as a lack of focus...Beckham made comments about England's game against Brazil in WC '02 and how psyched out he was by the Brazilian players' seeming lax and playful demeanour before stepping out onto the field...and even while playing... Slightly different situation of course, but the idea is the same- each culture has its own way of dealing with the cards they are dealt...What's good for Sunderland, ain't necessarily good for T&T. 
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Baygo Boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 03, 2009, 03:21:23 PM »
playing service = playing surface?

I was wondering what de ass he talking about here

several T&T players who waltzed their way on the Tennessee Titan football service previously

---------

This kinda weird. I remember there was a US/TT qualifier in Richmond, VA a couple years ago. Dwight, Nakhid, Latas, J.Nixon, Leonson, Dexter, Angus Eve on the team. TT team played ok. They had a very shakey keeper, who really unsettled the TT defence. We lost 2-0. Two soft goals as usual. But at the end of the game the very sizeable TT team had a rythm section(a bass drum rung the neck and iron and scratchers) going up to the parking lot. And we were singing. "we get 2, but we ain't diggin' nothing." I saw some people from St. Joseph where I grew up and went primary school in the band. It was one of the greatest feeling. One of the state troopers who was directing traffic said. "so I guess you guys won, huh!!" The reply was "No!, Mr. Constable, we lost". What!!!!!!

I guess this is a new breed of fans!!! Times have changed!!!!!!

Deeks that wasn't "a couple years ago" nuh... that was November 1997 (France 98 qualifier) ... remember well because it was mih first game seeing the national team play in about 10 yrs since leaving home.  I remember by de end ah de game vibes was so nice man was singing "last goal win" lol.

Afterwards all ah we chip out de stadium and up de road tuh whey all de buses and thing was parked.  Even American fans was chipping with we 'til de riddim die out.  People could complain all dey want but that is one thing I love about my people, we know how to keep thing in perspective.

For the ones vex with the players for feteing... dem men cyah win fuh losing.  Nutten dey do could please some ah allyuh.  They act vex and "ignore" allyuh... allyuh vex.  They compose deyself and come out to mingle with fans after the game... allyuh vex.  What de ass allyuh want dem man and dem to do (outside of playing better of course)?  Some ah dem yutes never leave Trini before and probably ent getting call back (especially if ah new staff is hired) so I see nothing wrong with them making the most of the experience.  For all we know them too was embarrassed and was in need of they spirits getting lifted ah little.  

Complain about de product on de field, yes... but oh god... let de man and dem live nuh?  :-\

Bakes, I am with you on this one. I too am disappointed with the performance, But I also understand that the players are the ones who have to be even more disappointed. They are the ones who getting the flak, not we the fans. So any form of encouragement and support they can get should help, especially if is Trinbagonian style.

Men, talking about boycotting etc - That is wickedness, and men should be ashamed of themselves for even considering it. So maybe we don't make it this time - we will have many more opportunities in the future.

Andre, take yuh shit to de toilet, we doh need it here. I is ah Socawarrior fuh life - Win, Lose, or draw -good performance or not. GO T&T.

PS: To all the fans who spend yuh hard earn paper to go to Nashville, and still find it in yuh heart to show the Warriors love - nuff respect. GO T&T.

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 03, 2009, 03:34:49 PM »
well like i told some of de fellahs i met there, if it wasn't for rum and song after a game like that i might still be wallowing in depression all now so...

what i will say though is that i could guarantee these players would not 'unwind' like this back in England for their professional clubs.

You could picture Kenwyne and Carlos 'unwinding' the night after Sunderland get relegated?

poor analogy. losing one game in the HEX that you book to lose anyway, with 7 games  left to play is waaay different from your club getting relegated...from every angle you look at it..players, fans, coaching staff. relegation does kill man career and destroy clubs. biggest disappointment of the night was how we badly we played, moreso than the result.

How would you feel about AIG throwing a Christmas party?

I would be fine with that. and I'd wager the average person wouldn't care too much if AIG had an office party as long as it's a small, discreet affair. What the masses prob. don't want to hear is AIG spend $3.5 million on a lavish office party in a swanky hotel somewhere...I understand your point, but I think the two situation not that comparable either.

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 03, 2009, 03:42:40 PM »
The ppl who are more accepting of the behavior are those who perceive their actions as a means of "coping with disappointment"

Thise who find the behavior unacceptable are those who perceive it as "celebrating failure"

It's just a matter of how you interpret it. Unless we talk to the players themselves we have no way of really knowing.

Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 03, 2009, 03:46:20 PM »

poor analogy. losing one game in the HEX that you book to lose anyway, with 7 games  left to play is waaay different from your club getting relegated...from every angle you look at it..players, fans, coaching staff. relegation does kill man career and destroy clubs. biggest disappointment of the night was how we badly we played, moreso than the result.

thats understandable, but its not much different up there for a lower key game.. profuse celebration in their eyes after any loss would be seriously frowned upon...

just look at how they does handle them english players in the press when caught liming after a loss.. the adjectives does come out and is ah setta talk about how the players today are thankless mercenaries with no care for the flag etc..

look how they deal with flintoff and pietersen and dem fellahs when they was liming in barbados after a loss in the cricket world cup. i was there in that lime and them fellahs was just liming and taking a few drinks low key but still get the full blast.

different cultures.. win, lose or draw we feteing.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 03, 2009, 03:57:49 PM »
.....different cultures.. win, lose or draw we feteing.
post the address man, d address.. :beermug:

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 03, 2009, 04:14:26 PM »

thats understandable, but its not much different up there for a lower key game.. profuse celebration in their eyes after any loss would be seriously frowned upon...

just look at how they does handle them english players in the press when caught liming after a loss.. the adjectives does come out and is ah setta talk about how the players today are thankless mercenaries with no care for the flag etc..

look how they deal with flintoff and pietersen and dem fellahs when they was liming in barbados after a loss in the cricket world cup. i was there in that lime and them fellahs was just liming and taking a few drinks low key but still get the full blast.

I hear yah, but using your examples, the english players themselves taking in a bram, win, lose or draw the same way. Is mostly the press and some fans that blast the behavior. it really not that much different from what we discussing here with our own players, right? no doubt we have a different culture, but I think we not as different as people making out. the real difference is the public acceptance of it. the athletes themselves seem to have the same need to unwind, regardless o the result

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 03, 2009, 04:18:26 PM »
real talk, I dont think that football should be that big a deal as to ruin your life because of a loss. Treating football like that is unhealthy. Football is just a game and while its ok to be pissed off when you lose, I don't think that you necessarily have to be. Its not a rule anywhere that becaus eyou lose you gotta be pissed off and ready to cut somebody.
As far as the partying, I dont think any of this isht should be the motivation for the players as far as football. Just cause people wanna buy them drinks and give dem wine, that should not be motivation for them to win. We suppose to be their fans no matter what. Now, they need to be able to take responsibility of how they play and motivatin themselves to not play a whole bunch of tooz. Cause that performance against the US was just horrible.
And herein lies the problem with T&T football!! football is only ah game in the westindies! in europe and south america with asia slowing katching on, football is ah business and a vital source of income in most footballing nations, that's why "FIFA" is one of the richest organizations in the world! and until we start treating football as more than a game , then we will allways suck a$$ behind the rest of the true footballing nations!

in the UK and italy football is ah huge part of their culture! ppl live and die for it, and in most cases club football is ah main source of employment for the town, city, county!

this jokey attitude needs tuh change in the westindies drastically if we are to be taken seriously in the football arena!

as for the topic @ hand. i not mad @ the players for their efforts or even attending this get together , to me it was nice of them to show up and mingle with the fans, what i'm condemning is the way jack warner and his staff has been handling football & footballers over the past 2 decades.

it was really disheartening for me to hear those arrogant ESPN commentators disrespect and belittle us,AGAIN!!!!!! and i was wondering if JW doh have any shame for real!

imagine this disorganized team is affiliated with the president of concacaf and vice president of fifa. if i could feel so embarrassed and i'm just and obscure fan, then where is this man pride. this man needs tuh grow some shame , and real quick.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 03, 2009, 04:38:37 PM »

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

daiz the problem right there....not only with football, but with cricket and everything else in we country. The only thing we serious about is fetting.
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
  • www.TheWarriorNation.com
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
« Reply #69 on: April 03, 2009, 05:04:37 PM »
well it coulda been worse
even though circumstances were different, imagine if they had done what them Scotland players did

Captian Ferguson and the keeper get banned by Rangers plus they will never represent Scotland for life after drinking for almost 8 hours after losing to Holland, then to top it off while sititng on de bench for the Iceland game they were caught making 'V' signs.
Feliz
Warrior Nation Secretary & Membership Officer
http://www.TheWarriorNation.com

giggsy11

« Reply #70 on: April 03, 2009, 05:12:43 PM »
Hhhmmm, ah wonder what people on this forum does do after dey put in shitty day on the job? I care about the next match, because how they decide to deal with the loss aint going tuh change the outcome, some players care more than others but bottomline "what is caring suppose tuh look like?" It seems people want the players tuh match how they feel after watching that load that the team put down on the field but you have tuh put shite behind you sooner rather than later. They need tuh bring it next match! It is up to all involved to play at least 200% better next match. Priorities, focus, desire and dedication need tuh improve! For me it seems like players like KJ and Carlos gettin bligh because dey playin in the EPL, Stern was a much better player than KJ in the last two matches but he is an easy scapegoat. Carlos show flashes on wednesday but continues to make poor decisions when crossing, passing and awareness on the field. It is also time tuh cultivate a winning, professional, and structured approach if we want to be taken seriously as a football nation.

giggsy11

« Reply #71 on: April 03, 2009, 05:15:35 PM »
even though circumstances were different, imagine if they had done what them Scotland players did

Captian Ferguson and the keeper get banned by Rangers plus they will never represent Scotland for life after drinking for almost 8 hours after losing to Holland, then to top it off while sititng on de bench for the Iceland game they were caught making 'V' signs.

Yeah boy, I was like WTF, could they have been more obvious?

Offline verycute1

• Hero Warrior
  • Me Smash.. You Die
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 03, 2009, 05:19:53 PM »
I don't know if people realize that there were 2 different events in those photos.

1st event after the game was an 'Official' cocktail party, which was hosted by the T&T Ambassador to the USA, Glenda Morean-Phillip, as a way of thanking the players and the fans for making the effort to come support the National team. This started around 9:30 and was officially done by 10:30pm, but everybody limed in the lobby till 12pm or so with a few players amongst us. Interviews and photo ops were the order of the day.
On another note we were informed that the sister of Clayton Ince had died earlier in the day.

2nd event is probably the one that they are sensationalising. This was downtown and most people decided to fall in since most were going to the airport right away. Some players showed up and mingled with the fans. Thats about it.

:beermug: :beermug: :beermug:

At the official reception the players an them look like they wanted to cry. But they at least came. Shake hands, sign autographs, take pictures. Stern wasn't there, too bad cause I wanted to shake his hand. I heard a nice story bout him from a fan. Really open my eyes to the kinda classy person he is and I mean it. The lady catch herself an fly in. She ent have hotel room ent have no ticket. So she call the hotel an ask to speak to anyone on the T&T team. By chance she get stern. She tell him she jus reach an want a ticket to the game. Mr. Stern leave a ticket for her. He don't know the woman from adam, just that is a fan who want to see game. That is a real man.

The party after.... well I was there an you know what? Birchy an Carlos deserve to be there. Again come to meet their fans. Win lose or draw, I am a fan an I ent boycotting.
One of these days I'm going to bust out the crystalline doomhammer and go positively orc on this town. Then they'll be sorry...

Read the lore, warlocks are mages that decided not to suck.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 03, 2009, 05:21:43 PM »
JC,
          Sometimes I disagree with you. But your last post.   You could not have said it any better.

giggsy11

« Reply #74 on: April 03, 2009, 05:31:05 PM »
real talk, I dont think that football should be that big a deal as to ruin your life because of a loss. Treating football like that is unhealthy. Football is just a game and while its ok to be pissed off when you lose, I don't think that you necessarily have to be. Its not a rule anywhere that becaus eyou lose you gotta be pissed off and ready to cut somebody.
As far as the partying, I dont think any of this isht should be the motivation for the players as far as football. Just cause people wanna buy them drinks and give dem wine, that should not be motivation for them to win. We suppose to be their fans no matter what. Now, they need to be able to take responsibility of how they play and motivatin themselves to not play a whole bunch of tooz. Cause that performance against the US was just horrible.
And herein lies the problem with T&T football!! football is only ah game in the westindies! in europe and south america with asia slowing katching on, football is ah business and a vital source of income in most footballing nations, that's why "FIFA" is one of the richest organizations in the world! and until we start treating football as more than a game , then we will allways suck a$$ behind the rest of the true footballing nations!

in the UK and italy football is ah huge part of their culture! ppl live and die for it, and in most cases club football is ah main source of employment for the town, city, county!

this jokey attitude needs tuh change in the westindies drastically if we are to be taken seriously in the football arena!

as for the topic @ hand. i not mad @ the players for their efforts or even attending this get together , to me it was nice of them to show up and mingle with the fans, what i'm condemning is the way jack warner and his staff has been handling football & footballers over the past 2 decades.

it was really disheartening for me to hear those arrogant ESPN commentators disrespect and belittle us,AGAIN!!!!!! and i was wondering if JW doh have any shame for real!

imagine this disorganized team is affiliated with the president of concacaf and vice president of fifa. if i could feel so embarrassed and i'm just and obscure fan, then where is this man pride. this man needs tuh grow some shame , and real quick.

Only people who care about others, care about chnaging, feel remorse, are not narcissistic and grandiose; feel shame!  Dise like trying tuh get blood out of a stone or make wine out of water.

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: April 03, 2009, 05:33:47 PM »

Only people who care about others, care about chnaging, feel remorse, are not narcissistic and grandiose; feel shame!  Dise like trying tuh get blood out of a stone or make wine out of water.

Good post JC, sense Giggsy
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 03, 2009, 07:18:07 PM »

no no Feliziano. get the facts straight. they were dropped to the bench for drinking. they were banned after repeatedly making V signs to the camera while on the bench. in the UK, the V sign is as vulgar as giving someone the middle finger. if they had not dome that, they would not have been banned. two different punishments for two different actions

Offline najee

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 03, 2009, 08:13:50 PM »
This kinda weird. I remember there was a US/TT qualifier in Richmond, VA a couple years ago. Dwight, Nakhid, Latas, J.Nixon, Leonson, Dexter, Angus Eve on the team. TT team played ok. They had a very shakey keeper, who really unsettled the TT defence. We lost 2-0. Two soft goals as usual. But at the end of the game the very sizeable TT team had a rythm section(a bass drum rung the neck and iron and scratchers) going up to the parking lot. And we were singing. "we get 2, but we ain't diggin' nothing." I saw some people from St. Joseph where I grew up and went primary school in the band. It was one of the greatest feeling. One of the state troopers who was directing traffic said. "so I guess you guys won, huh!!" The reply was "No!, Mr. Constable, we lost". What!!!!!!

I guess this is a new breed of fans!!! Times have changed!!!!!!

i was their for that game...i was so mad and vex...i left before the game end walked up the road where the buses were park...watching my Trinibago people chiping up the road...i was so damn mad...ah shoulder sky some bottle in the air but i decided not to

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 03, 2009, 08:30:40 PM »
It was the lime before, the rythmn section during the game and the lime after the game that made my trip worthwhile, because lord knows what transpired on the field was enough to make mih drink mih 2 bottles ah Scotch by mih self.....

"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline marcus

• Sr. Warrior
  • BLOOD, SWEAT & TEARS
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 03, 2009, 09:34:39 PM »
when i read this sort of nonsense... it does be hard to make arguement when them youth with dual citizenship blank we, we is ah bunch of fackin jokers.

i can understand them fellas relaxing abit before game to get the nerves sorted, but after a beating like that, them out partying, and worse yet them partying with the fans they now let down. lets face it, we think we love we football... we think! but we eh serious, players and fans alike iz jokers
« Last Edit: April 03, 2009, 09:38:35 PM by marcus »

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: April 03, 2009, 09:35:31 PM »
Najee,
            I was very disappointed after that game also, but we drive too far to go back sulking. So we take out we sorrows in a brief chip to the car pack.

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 03, 2009, 09:43:57 PM »
nothing wrong with tourists enjoying their well spent money and time after in the bar. but the players is another case.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 03, 2009, 10:28:41 PM »
The ppl who are more accepting of the behavior are those who perceive their actions as a means of "coping with disappointment"

Thise who find the behavior unacceptable are those who perceive it as "celebrating failure"

It's just a matter of how you interpret it. Unless we talk to the players themselves we have no way of really knowing.

True talk Marcos  :beermug:

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 03, 2009, 10:52:31 PM »
when i read this sort of nonsense... it does be hard to make arguement when them youth with dual citizenship blank we, we is ah bunch of fackin jokers.

i can understand them fellas relaxing abit before game to get the nerves sorted, but after a beating like that, them out partying, and worse yet them partying with the fans they now let down. lets face it, we think we love we football... we think! but we eh serious, players and fans alike iz jokers
Breds yuh taking the thing out of context, from what the ppl who was there said, the men and dem wasn't partying .

they had ah meet and greet for the players and fans , and the least they could've done was meet with the fans and sign A. take pictures etc. i doh see nothing wrong wid dat, it's not like the men and dem was drinking and whinning down the place.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline kingman

• Most Wanted
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Football talk = socawarriors.net
« Reply #84 on: April 03, 2009, 11:39:49 PM »
All I would like to know is, who are the players that went to party after such a performance?  ::)

Kingman

Paradise lies in ones' heart

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
« Reply #85 on: April 04, 2009, 01:32:31 AM »

no no Feliziano. get the facts straight. they were dropped to the bench for drinking. they were banned after repeatedly making V signs to the camera while on the bench. in the UK, the V sign is as vulgar as giving someone the middle finger. if they had not dome that, they would not have been banned. two different punishments for two different actions
yes i know ah shoulda just quoted the story, i knew what went on, but with me sensationalising the story, the sequence of events and the relevant punishments were summarised wrong.
i was just drawing attention to the Scottish players and their behaviour.

Feliz

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
« Reply #86 on: April 04, 2009, 01:42:49 AM »
The players were all disappointed, embarrassed and shocked by the loss which also contributed to why they didn't come over and acknowledge the fans after the final whistle.
did anybody ever give thought to the fact that maybe 'camp' was done after the game and players were released to their own devices?
I think there is a difference between a 'party' and a 'lime', the local players werent at the 'lime'.
I didn't want to say this but there seems to be a disconect between the local based and foreign based players (no more comment there).
I kinda felt sorry for fellas like DT and AW who were kinda slighted by the fans cuase evrybody want to gallery with the bigger stars.
On another note, if allyuh think is just players contracts could get affected by comments here think again.
Some of the players themselves not too impressed by what goes on here either (no more comment either).
« Last Edit: April 04, 2009, 01:51:20 AM by Feliziano »
Feliz

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: April 04, 2009, 06:01:02 AM »
The players were all disappointed, embarrassed and shocked by the loss which also contributed to why they didn't come over and acknowledge the fans after the final whistle.
did anybody ever give thought to the fact that maybe 'camp' was done after the game and players were released to their own devices?
I think there is a difference between a 'party' and a 'lime', the local players werent at the 'lime'.
I didn't want to say this but there seems to be a disconect between the local based and foreign based players (no more comment there).
I kinda felt sorry for fellas like DT and AW who were kinda slighted by the fans cuase evrybody want to gallery with the bigger stars.
On another note, if allyuh think is just players contracts could get affected by comments here think again.
Some of the players themselves not too impressed by what goes on here either (no more comment either).

Well...this site is for die-hard, honest supporters of the Soca Warriors.  Not everything said on this site is going to be honey-coated.  Ah doh hear dem complaining when they supporters peeing on dem in the UK when dey underperforming..

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: April 04, 2009, 06:55:52 AM »
Tenorsaw,
              Tell them, we are not WAGGONISTS. We does talk about them(good and bad) 24 x7, 365 & 1/4. When people forget about them, we does give them all the moral support in all their endeavours.  So when we lose in  that manner we must complain. They have lose games before and have been praised for their fighting performances. But every game against the US is always timid  Downright atrocious.

Offline verycute1

• Hero Warrior
  • Me Smash.. You Die
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: April 04, 2009, 06:58:16 AM »

I still pissed off bout that  >:(

One of these days I'm going to bust out the crystalline doomhammer and go positively orc on this town. Then they'll be sorry...

Read the lore, warlocks are mages that decided not to suck.

1]; } ?>