April 23, 2024, 01:55:19 AM

Author Topic: Philando Castile + Alton Sterling  (Read 2249 times)

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Philando Castile + Alton Sterling
« on: July 07, 2016, 04:57:58 PM »
absolutely sickening.

558 people to date this year (we only in July) killed by police in the US.

Please don't watch the Castile video if you've not already done so. You wont be the same for a while.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Philando Castile + Alton Sterling
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2016, 05:09:22 PM »

Just another day in America.

Land of the free and brave.

Nothing else to see or know. This is normal ting

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2016, 07:51:00 PM »
The Castile fatality angered a lot of people, seeing that Sterling killing was only the day before. Can't believe these officers still shooting to kill like that despite being in the spot light. Like the sensitivity training ain't wuking.....imagine I've had a few white people ask me if I'm not scared to be a black man in this country given what's been going on.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2016, 07:53:00 PM by soccerman »

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2016, 09:54:41 PM »
there are a lot of police officers that, when yuh see how they behave in a stressful situation, should never be holding any kind of power. ah don't know about sensitivity training - that sound like a crock. giving some police a badge and a gun is basically the same as giving a monkey an uzi and expecting a good outcome. difficult to judge who cut out for that kind of job. and the police union will back them all the way. ah haven't seen the videos - not sure i will after hearing the reactions. a few years back here in Toronto they had the dude on the streetcar acting crazy sammy yatim. that vid look like a straight execution - sickening.

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2016, 05:05:37 AM »
the only 'sensitivity' training they put to use is "NEVER say a fellow 'officer" did wrong or criticize them. You never hear one police say ah next police is ah c**t and should never have been allowed to have a badge/weapon.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2016, 06:46:31 AM »
Well snipers shoot 11 officers during d rallies in Dallas so this escalating in d worst way possible

Sent from my BLU ADVANCE 4.0 using Tapatalk

I pity the fool....

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2016, 07:58:44 AM »
Well snipers shoot 11 officers during d rallies in Dallas so this escalating in d worst way possible

Saw that breaking late last night on a news feed.. sad all the way rong.

Edit: we've come to using robots now.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2016, 09:09:55 AM by Jumbie »

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2016, 01:25:49 PM »
"An eye for an eye will make the world go blind"

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2016, 06:23:08 PM »
Rest in peace, brothers.

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2016, 06:44:23 PM »
the only 'sensitivity' training they put to use is "NEVER say a fellow 'officer" did wrong or criticize them. You never hear one police say ah next police is ah c**t and should never have been allowed to have a badge/weapon.

that is a knot that desperately need untying; the blue wall of silence. now, i remember that movie copland and how police officers have to put each other lives in others hands - definitely is a special situation. but damn, the police as a service look to be unreformable. that is a big problem.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2016, 07:17:35 PM »

that is a knot that desperately need untying; the blue wall of silence. now, i remember that movie copland and how police officers have to put each other lives in others hands - definitely is a special situation. but damn, the police as a service look to be unreformable. that is a big problem.

but ent Las Vegas finding ways to reduce police shootings, what happen to d rest ah dem.....dem fukkas does even subdue large dangerous animals without lethal force.......I believe dem fellas want to kill black people and other minorities and dey have d protection of d legal system too
I pity the fool....

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2016, 11:02:50 PM »

Bahamas has issued a U.S. Travel Advisory, warning their Citizens To Be Wary Of Cops in America.

https://www.facebook.com/myvtv/posts/1213993425285658?pnref=story

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2016, 09:55:00 AM »

Bahamas has issued a U.S. Travel Advisory, warning their Citizens To Be Wary Of Cops in America.

https://www.facebook.com/myvtv/posts/1213993425285658?pnref=story

:cheers:  :notworthy:
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2016, 08:56:05 PM »
Add Bahrain and United Arab Emirates issuing travel advisory for their nationals visiting/attending school in the US.

See https://ca.news.yahoo.com/three-countries-urge-caution-traveling-u-amid-protests-163444836.html

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2016, 08:29:35 AM »
Report: Philando Castile Was Pulled Over Because He Matched Description of Suspect With ‘Wide-Set Nose’
Police audio described Castile  as looking like a robbery suspect because of his nose; shots were fired less than two minutes later.

Philando Castile, the 32-year-old St. Paul, Minn., man who was shot and killed by Officer Jeronimo Yanez on July 6, and who has been the impetus for a dozens of police protests across the country, was apparently pulled over by police because he matched the description of a robbery suspect with a “wide-set nose.”

“I’m going to stop a car,” an officer is heard saying in the police audio scanner obtained by news organizations. “I’m going to check IDs. I have reason to pull it over.”

“The two occupants just look like people that were involved in a robbery,” the officer continues. “The driver looks like one of our suspects because of the wide-set nose.”

A full minute and a half after the dispatch, another call came in: “Shots fired! Larpenteur and Fry.”

Though initial reports indicate that Castile was pulled over for a broken taillight, it appears that Castile was profiled because he matched the description of a man with a big nose.

Castile was reportedly pulled over more than 50 times in Minnesota before his deadly encounter with police.

Both Castile’s girlfriend, Diamond Reynolds, who was with Castile in the car when it was pulled over, and his uncle, Clarence Castile, weighed in on the recently released audio, which police have not commented on yet.

When asked if she heard the audio from the scanner, Reynolds said that she did, but said to 11Alive, “Yes, but we didn’t fit any of the descriptions.”

Castile’s uncle, though, was more forthright: “It’s kind of hard to see flared nostrils from a car,” he said. “But I don’t think that’s any excuse to pull anyone over and then wind up dead behind that.”

He added, “What we have to do is get my nephew buried and laid to rest in a good and honorable way. When that’s done, that’s when the fight begins. Then we’re going to start working to get serious justice.”

Police have not yet confirmed what robbery the original audio referred to.
https://www.theroot.com/articles/news/2016/07/philando-castile-pulled-over-because-he-matched-description-of-suspect-with-wide-set-nose-shots-fired-less-than-2-minutes-later/

1]; } ?>