April 28, 2024, 08:53:55 PM

Author Topic: Noah Davis breaks down T&T vs USA match.  (Read 5831 times)

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Noah Davis breaks down T&T vs USA match.
« Reply #30 on: April 08, 2009, 11:04:55 AM »
All he needed 2 say dat we did not have a plan so it was easy 2 break it down.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 08, 2009, 11:25:29 AM »
On the 1st goal Edwards stand up facing we goal and watching the Wolfe get beat, when he turn to look for Jozi Jozi already have position on him. The same thing happen on the one that Jozi hit over bars. Jozi see what happening anticipated and start running, Akile facing his goal again, look around and only to see Jozi blowing past him.
Defending on the weak side you want to be facing the field at an angle wher you can see everything. You don't need to mark the man, because the time the ball will take to travel in the air you can arrive to either win the header or close the player down.
If Akile had dropped off and open up to the field it would have been more difficult for Jozi to start his run further out cause Akile would have had position. Akile would have been able to attack the ball moving forward, and just kick the ball long. Even if he had miskick the ball would have bee routed away from Jozi thus, doing his defensive duties. He was caught in no man's land on the weakside on numerous occasions.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #32 on: April 08, 2009, 11:26:32 AM »
Altidore: I'm a hungry player.
FIFA.COM

With 30 minutes to go in El Salvador on 28 March, USA were down by two and in desperate need of a spark. Up stepped 19-year-old substitute Jozy Altidore to score the first goal in an eventual 2-2 draw. Four days later, at home against Trinidad and Tobago in his first start of the final round of CONCACAF qualifying for the 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa™, the muscular striker went a step further, hammering all three goals in a comprehensive win.

It was a defining four-day stretch for the former youth standout, who , after becoming the first American scorer in La Liga when he moved to Villarreal at the start of the season, now finds himself out of favour on loan at second division leaders Xerez. FIFA.com sat down for an exclusive interview with the American poacher to chat about his ups and downs in Spain and his meteoric rise for the Stars and Stripes.

FIFA.com: How did it feel to come on as a sub late in El Salvador, down 2-0 and knowing goals were needed?
Jozy Altidore: I was pretty excited when the coach tapped me and told me I was going in. At that point I felt we still had the game in our hands. It was ours to win or lose, so I was ready to go in there and do what I could to help get some goals and get the result going our way.

It was some quite a scene down there, with over 50,000 fans screaming in full voice. Were you nervous?
The atmosphere was pretty crazy, but I was focussed on what I had to do.

Veteran Frankie Hejduk set up the goal you scored to make it 2-1 and then scored the winner himself in the dying moments. How important is the 34-year-old midfielder to the US team?
Hejduk is a unique player and you can't underestimate what he brings to this team. A lot of our guys are on the younger side, but Frankie has been there and done it all. He has experience and more energy than most guys ten years younger than him. As you can see from what he's done so far in the final round, he's invaluable.

You became the youngest scorer in the USA's qualifying history in El Salvador. How did that feel?
It's nice to score goals, but I always try to focus on the team and helping the team get the results that are going to put us where we want to be.

Four days later, in Nashville, you were in from the start against Trinidad and Tobago. This time you scored all three in a 3-0 win...
I was even more excited about that. It's not every day that you get to start for your country. It's an honour that I think sometimes people don't really understand. It brings a lot of responsibility with it, but I couldn't have been happier to have done what I could to help the team out. As a striker, scoring a hat-trick is always a good feeling.

The States are on top in CONCACAF qualifying with seven points from three games. Are you happy with the way the team is playing, or can you get better?
I think, personally, the team can always get better. Once you sit there and think you're as good as you need to be, then you're in big trouble. We're playing well and getting the right results at the moment, but I think we can, and need to, do better. We need to be sharper as the games get tougher, and they will get tougher as the final round keeps on going.

As the US are in fine form, your archrivals Mexico have fallen flat. Are you concerned about a revitalised Mexico under new coach Javier Aguirre?
We're not concerned about Mexico at all. Whatever's going on with them is their business. We can't focus on Mexico, El Salvador, Trinidad or anyone else - we need to focus on ourselves and the way we're playing. That's enough to worry about.

How much of a challenge is it for the national team to come together quickly, become acclimatized and get results?
Coming together from your clubs and getting a good strong team out there that plays together as a unit is a big challenge. I think the fact that we do it is a testament to the coaches and the discipline of the players. It's a little better when you have two-game breaks.

Talk a little bit about American teamwork; it seems to be the team's hallmark...
We're a blue-collar team and we always try to make it hard on our opponent. Teamwork is what makes us effective. Our primary aim is to outwork our opponent as a team and then it's down to our individual talents to take advantage of the situation. The level of ability we have here in the States is often underestimated.

Last time we spoke, you had become the first-ever American scorer in La Liga and making good progress with Villarreal. Now you are on loan at second division leaders Xerez. Can you talk about the adjustment?
In all honesty, it was a big adjustment for me to pick up and move off to Xerez. But I am getting acclimated now and it's a great bunch of guys here and we're doing very well at the moment. I came here at a tough time, but I feel like I'm making my way forward now and I'm getting more used to the culture here in Spain.

What is the most important thing to remember when you find yourself out of favour, and trying to break into a team?
You have to focus on where you are. Sometimes as a young player you can find yourself looking ahead to where you want to be and miss out on the chance that comes your way because you're not focussed on the task at hand.

Things can happen fast in football...
Yeah, I mean look at the kid [Federico Macheda] at Manchester United. Things changed really quickly for him. He went from the youth team to scoring a crucial winner [against Aston Villa] in no time. You have to be ready because things can change in the blink of an eye. I'm a hungry player, and I hope to be ready at all times.
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 08, 2009, 11:39:58 AM »
I eh know what all dis debate over which defender was worse than the other on is all about or even if it necessary, is probably ah man thing and all yuh need to get one up on each other....

Bottom line is BOTH Wolfe and Aklie/Akiel not ready RIGHT NOW for the level of international ball WCQ requires...
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 08, 2009, 12:23:29 PM »
I eh know what all dis debate over which defender was worse than the other on is all about or even if it necessary, is probably ah man thing and all yuh need to get one up on each other....

Bottom line is BOTH Wolfe and Aklie/Akiel not ready RIGHT NOW for the level of international ball WCQ requires...

It eh no man thing really nah.  Is about differing perspectives.  Considering we eh seem to be getting back the likes of Sancho, Cyd, etc. then we have to use what we have.  Man sayin Pacheco like they sure he ready.  Some want to bring JJ and convert him from CB to WB like it go just be automatic.  Edwards not fully ready yet I agree, but if left up to some of these people he would be discarded and more than likely deteriorate.  Take Theo Walcott for instance in England, all he seems to have is speed but coach after coach seem to be keeping him in the roatation more than Lennon and SWP when many will agree they better.  Sometimes we have to evaluate players based on age and potential.  At Edwards age he have time to grow into the man we might one day praise.  If he had Carlos backing him up I guarantee he would not look half as bad.  People discounting Dempsey saying he eh do much but is not by design.  in the second half the US tried their right Flank 4 times and Edwards shut them down 3 out of 4.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 08, 2009, 12:53:50 PM »
BnS you like you on ah crusade fella. 

By your continued insistance on engaging in the discussion... is it fair to infer that YOU yourself you're on a crusade?  Edwards is yuh li'l brother or long lost lover or something?  Is it possible that people engage in lively discussion on an issue without being on a 'crusade'?  In fact my first post in this thread was one faulting BOTH Edwards and Wolfe (which most objective observers have done), while expressing sympathy for them.  So you tell me, what crusade do you think I'm on?

Edwards had to rotate on many ocassions to try and cover Altidore.  Altidore wasn't his charge for the night, the left wing was. 

Whoever said Altidore was Edwards' charge for the night?  You sure yuh reading de same thread or just making up thing so that yuh could argue about?

Watching live I noticed the US strategically attempted to get our wing backs out of position by sucking them more to the middle then sending the ball down the flank.  Edwards was exposed there a lot in the first half because there was no rotation to help him in that corner once he ended up chasing the initial attack option that started near his coverage area.  When the attack came down on Wolfe and Hislop's side, Edwards was always in the position of trying to rotate over to cover and because Altidore was the closest man he always ended up tracking him.  I will not be so outrageous as to say he wasn't partially at fault for goal #1.  But beyond that he isn't the one to be blamed for a total below average defensive effort.  Allyuh talking all that shit and nobody eh seem to be taking Hislop no Tallest fuh dat matter to task on that second goal.  Maybe Edwards possesed their bodies during the instant that they do shit on that goal ah guess!

Allyuh keep talkin bout what allyuh see on TV.  The same TV that have some proclaiming Stern was good.  Live Stern looked like shit to me and many others but hey allyuh ha de benefit of TV so the stuff the camera wasn't seeing that many in the stadium noticed must be irrelivant.

I wouldn't even bother going back and forth with you... you quick to ball man going "on and on" yet every thread Edwards name mention you buzzing in like he favorite bamsee fly talking about what you see live.  There is something to be said for being in the stadium and taking in the atmosphere and seeing off ball movement of the players etc.  However, it is downright silly to insist that you somehow have a better perspective of what played out on the field on account of you seeing the action live... when the TV audience has close ups, multiple angles and replay at their disposal.  I'm not saying TV perspective is better, just that it is silly (as you imply) that what your perpective was somehow "better" because you saw it happen live.  Pure nonsense.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 08, 2009, 12:57:42 PM »
EVERY LAST ONE OF THOSE GOALS ARE THE RESULT OF THE FAILURE OF DEFENSIVE DUTIES OF THE MIDFIELD!!! EVERY LAST ONE!!!! I cyar be the only one seeing this.

Yeah boy you hadda be the only one seeing that. Even Ince was bawlin d man up. I am sure he knows more about who should be covering whom, and was yellign at hime for a reason.
Akile is your partner or what? D man play shit and had a bad game. No one is saying he's a bad player. Everyone has bad games.

I dunno what so hard about that concept nah... but nah, if yuh criticize de man at all you "on ah crusade"... ::)

On the 1st goal Edwards stand up facing we goal and watching the Wolfe get beat, when he turn to look for Jozi Jozi already have position on him. The same thing happen on the one that Jozi hit over bars. Jozi see what happening anticipated and start running, Akile facing his goal again, look around and only to see Jozi blowing past him.
Defending on the weak side you want to be facing the field at an angle wher you can see everything. You don't need to mark the man, because the time the ball will take to travel in the air you can arrive to either win the header or close the player down.
If Akile had dropped off and open up to the field it would have been more difficult for Jozi to start his run further out cause Akile would have had position. Akile would have been able to attack the ball moving forward, and just kick the ball long. Even if he had miskick the ball would have bee routed away from Jozi thus, doing his defensive duties. He was caught in no man's land on the weakside on numerous occasions.

...ah next one on ah 'crusade'.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2009, 12:59:43 PM by Bake n Shark »

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 08, 2009, 01:32:12 PM »
BnS you like you on ah crusade fella. 

By your continued insistance on engaging in the discussion... is it fair to infer that YOU yourself you're on a crusade?  Edwards is yuh li'l brother or long lost lover or something?  Is it possible that people engage in lively discussion on an issue without being on a 'crusade'?  In fact my first post in this thread was one faulting BOTH Edwards and Wolfe (which most objective observers have done), while expressing sympathy for them.  So you tell me, what crusade do you think I'm on?

Edwards had to rotate on many ocassions to try and cover Altidore.  Altidore wasn't his charge for the night, the left wing was. 

Whoever said Altidore was Edwards' charge for the night?  You sure yuh reading de same thread or just making up thing so that yuh could argue about?

Watching live I noticed the US strategically attempted to get our wing backs out of position by sucking them more to the middle then sending the ball down the flank.  Edwards was exposed there a lot in the first half because there was no rotation to help him in that corner once he ended up chasing the initial attack option that started near his coverage area.  When the attack came down on Wolfe and Hislop's side, Edwards was always in the position of trying to rotate over to cover and because Altidore was the closest man he always ended up tracking him.  I will not be so outrageous as to say he wasn't partially at fault for goal #1.  But beyond that he isn't the one to be blamed for a total below average defensive effort.  Allyuh talking all that shit and nobody eh seem to be taking Hislop no Tallest fuh dat matter to task on that second goal.  Maybe Edwards possesed their bodies during the instant that they do shit on that goal ah guess!

Allyuh keep talkin bout what allyuh see on TV.  The same TV that have some proclaiming Stern was good.  Live Stern looked like shit to me and many others but hey allyuh ha de benefit of TV so the stuff the camera wasn't seeing that many in the stadium noticed must be irrelivant.

I wouldn't even bother going back and forth with you... you quick to ball man going "on and on" yet every thread Edwards name mention you buzzing in like he favorite bamsee fly talking about what you see live.  There is something to be said for being in the stadium and taking in the atmosphere and seeing off ball movement of the players etc.  However, it is downright silly to insist that you somehow have a better perspective of what played out on the field on account of you seeing the action live... when the TV audience has close ups, multiple angles and replay at their disposal.  I'm not saying TV perspective is better, just that it is silly (as you imply) that what your perpective was somehow "better" because you saw it happen live.  Pure nonsense.

He seems to be allyuh whippin boy so I choose to defend the decision to include him.  It eh ha nutten to do with him on a personal level.  If I see him in the street I not even sure to recognize him.  Long lost lover and he favorite bamsee fly?!!  I doh understand why it seems that most of your attempts to shit up man does ha to do with something homosexual nah.  Either way guy, is not like I does be saying he is ah defensive genius or that he's complete.  I always admit that the fella have flaws.  His flaws become even more visible because of Daniel's inneficiency in defense.  While watching the game I saw a pattern of poor rotation that left him exposed many times in the first half.  In the second half I noticed he better controlled his defensive area when the US tried that route.  Oh and by the way you is the one that say he was marking Altidore, (so unless you confused about football terminology or yuh forget what yuh wrote) that is why I mentioned that he wasn't charged with the responsibility of containing Altidore.  I await your further homosexual attempts to be witty cause ah sure yuh will come back.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 08, 2009, 02:56:53 PM »
He seems to be allyuh whippin boy so I choose to defend the decision to include him.  It eh ha nutten to do with him on a personal level.  If I see him in the street I not even sure to recognize him. 

So is nutten personal fuh you but you assume it's personal with us who criticising his performance?  Why would I be on a 'crusade' if I'm expressing sympathy for the yute?  Yuh ent see dat is jackass talk?

Long lost lover and he favorite bamsee fly?!!  I doh understand why it seems that most of your attempts to shit up man does ha to do with something homosexual nah. 

So wait... you chronicling "most" of my attempts to shit up man now?  Doh be mad if corn land in yuh yard... de way yuh running from thread to thread ready to defend ANY criticism of Edwards, good, bad or indifferent...  one could only conclude that you have some kinda special emotional tie to his well-being... something usually only seen among family or lovers.  Take it how yuh want it.

Either way guy, is not like I does be saying he is ah defensive genius or that he's complete.  I always admit that the fella have flaws.  His flaws become even more visible because of Daniel's inneficiency in defense.  While watching the game I saw a pattern of poor rotation that left him exposed many times in the first half.  In the second half I noticed he better controlled his defensive area when the US tried that route.  Oh and by the way you is the one that say he was marking Altidore, (so unless you confused about football terminology or yuh forget what yuh wrote) that is why I mentioned that he wasn't charged with the responsibility of containing Altidore.  I await your further homosexual attempts to be witty cause ah sure yuh will come back.

I didn't forget anything... is you who forget yuh Standard 3 Reading Comprehension lessons.  Just because I say he was covering Altidore most of the night doesn't mean he was charged with that duty... yuh bright 'til yuh dotish.  Just as you pointed out Altidore, instead of coming down the middle was coming in from further wide because the game plan of the US was to push Dempsey forward enough such that the overlapping help would be too preoccupied.  This left Daniel isolated against Altidore on the majority of his runs forward.  All you have to do is look at the tape of the match and you'll see this.  Even the player rating that Flex post said he was in over his head... save for the Beasley header... who else you seem him matched up against in the highlights?  The highlights are a synopsis of what happened all night.

Yuh could siddung and wait fuh man to come back and call yuh homo all yuh want... ah sure yuh used to it.

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 08, 2009, 03:11:45 PM »
Yuh could siddung and wait fuh man to come back and call yuh homo all yuh want... ah sure yuh used to it.
Like you forget is multiple forums we both on.  I doh ha to chronicle nutten guy.  Bout land in my yard?!!  Somebody only ha to see 2 threads where you in disagreement with an opinion to see yuh battyman obsession.  I doh care wha you or anybody else call me.  Yuh feel dem ignorant primary schol behavior could affect me?  Try yuh bess eh fella.  I been in about 3 threads where the fella get mentioned and responded.  So either yuh stalkin man profile, or yuh trailin de man in every thread to bash him.  Maybe is ah internet version ah Tobago Love yuh tryin who knows?!

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 08, 2009, 03:16:24 PM »
So either yuh stalkin man profile, or yuh trailin de man in every thread to bash him.  Maybe is ah internet version ah Tobago Love yuh tryin who knows?!
Optimus Prime, I am here to tell you unequivocaly, that BIG MEN dont do that sort of thing on THIS forum :devil: :devil:
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 08, 2009, 03:24:53 PM »
So either yuh stalkin man profile, or yuh trailin de man in every thread to bash him.  Maybe is ah internet version ah Tobago Love yuh tryin who knows?!
Optimus Prime, I am here to tell you unequivocaly, that BIG MEN dont do that sort of thing on THIS forum :devil: :devil:

Allyuh good f**k up oui!! :rotfl:

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 08, 2009, 03:37:55 PM »
Like you forget is multiple forums we both on.  I doh ha to chronicle nutten guy.  Bout land in my yard?!!  Somebody only ha to see 2 threads where you in disagreement with an opinion to see yuh battyman obsession. 

Yuh li'l reverse psychology jedi tricks eh go do you know good fella... just because ah tell yuh yuh acting like de yute is yuh lover dat doh mean ah suddenly "obsessed" with yuh... whatever yuh does call yuhself when yuh gaze in de mirror.

I doh care wha you or anybody else call me.  Yuh feel dem ignorant primary schol behavior could affect me?  Try yuh bess eh fella. 

Yuh certainly acting like yuh corn mash because all ah sudden yuh ent making de same shit argument about Aklie Edwards holding he own... yuh now defending de 'battyman' label yuh claim fuh yuhself.  As Brownsugar say, maybe dis is yuh way of asserting yuh 'manhood'.

I been in about 3 threads where the fella get mentioned and responded.  So either yuh stalkin man profile, or yuh trailin de man in every thread to bash him.  Maybe is ah internet version ah Tobago Love yuh tryin who knows?!

A funny claim considering that I didn't 'bash' him in this thread... and still yuh panty fly up.  If is you yuh claim I stalking then dat too would be funny... considering I didn't even address you in this thread until you saw fit to quote me and accuse me of having some yet to be identified 'agenda'.

Yuh right... is only maccomere man like you does do that.... going so far as to even PM man behind de scenes to gossip about next man.  And you is HOW OLD again??  It eh have ah bigger marketwoman on dis forum than... even de fukking woman and dem calling you out on yuh faggit behavior.  I have absolutely no qualms about calling you a fukking homo because it's plainly obvious.

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 08, 2009, 03:40:23 PM »
Yuh right... is only maccomere man like you does do that.... going so far as to even PM man behind de scenes to gossip about next man.  And you is HOW OLD again??  It eh have ah bigger marketwoman on dis forum than... even de f**kking woman and dem calling you out on yuh faggit behavior.  I have absolutely no qualms about calling you a f**kking homo because it's plainly obvious.
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
believe WHO ever you WANT to believe
and I would NEVER pm you NEVER

the Moderators have to get a IGNORE button
ONLY, The SMART posters will totally understand what Optimus Prime is saying
« Last Edit: April 08, 2009, 03:41:58 PM by Ishikawa »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 08, 2009, 03:54:07 PM »
Like you forget is multiple forums we both on.  I doh ha to chronicle nutten guy.  Bout land in my yard?!!  Somebody only ha to see 2 threads where you in disagreement with an opinion to see yuh battyman obsession. 

Yuh li'l reverse psychology jedi tricks eh go do you know good fella... just because ah tell yuh yuh acting like de yute is yuh lover dat doh mean ah suddenly "obsessed" with yuh... whatever yuh does call yuhself when yuh gaze in de mirror.

I doh care wha you or anybody else call me.  Yuh feel dem ignorant primary schol behavior could affect me?  Try yuh bess eh fella. 

Yuh certainly acting like yuh corn mash because all ah sudden yuh ent making de same shit argument about Aklie Edwards holding he own... yuh now defending de 'battyman' label yuh claim fuh yuhself.  As Brownsugar say, maybe dis is yuh way of asserting yuh 'manhood'.

I been in about 3 threads where the fella get mentioned and responded.  So either yuh stalkin man profile, or yuh trailin de man in every thread to bash him.  Maybe is ah internet version ah Tobago Love yuh tryin who knows?!

A funny claim considering that I didn't 'bash' him in this thread... and still yuh panty fly up.  If is you yuh claim I stalking then dat too would be funny... considering I didn't even address you in this thread until you saw fit to quote me and accuse me of having some yet to be identified 'agenda'.

You rell comical yes fella an yuh comprehension skills well off too.  Me eh ha to assert nor defend nutten here fuh nobody, and I eh need to be redundant about what I conclude about AE performance.  Ah go leh yuh get the last word today cause ah kno yuh cah help but strive fuh dat.

Offline Socafan

• Hero Warrior
  • Sweet sweet T&T.Oh how ah luvup mi Country
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: April 08, 2009, 08:47:59 PM »
I'm convinced the people on this site are all novices......EVERY LAST ONE OF THOSE GOALS ARE THE RESULT OF THE FAILURE OF DEFENSIVE DUTIES OF THE MIDFIELD!!! EVERY LAST ONE!!!! I cyar be the only one seeing this.

THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH THE BACK FOUR. OUR MIDFIELD IS LAZY.

People here probably never play defence. When the midfield does not plug the space between defenders, or track back with men coming running in from midfield, especially men with speed or well timed runs, the 4 best defenders in the world will look ordinary and lost.

As a defender in the back 3 or 4, especially on the wings, when yuh midfield not helping....all yuh does see is space. Its very frightening. And that is what I see when the Warriors playing.

OUR PROBLEM ALWAYS WAS AND CONTINUES TO BE OUR MIDFIELD.

Allyuh leave Aklie alone.

I am not going to pong Aklie or Wolfe here. But your assessment about the midfield being lazy is really wide o the mark. Birchy and De Loen were a little overwhelmed, but worked hard. They weren't always effective, but the two of them were trying hard to plug the gaps in the middle and honestly, the US hardly broke us down through the middle. Carlos had a good game defensively in my opinion, and anyone who can call him or Birchall..(half the midfield on that day) lazy, is the true novice. Problem is, the US packed there two fastest players on Carlos side knowing he could not be expected to track overlapping runs by Beasley and stop runs by Donovan at the same time. You may not have found it the most effective MF we ever put out, but except for Keon Daniel..that MF look like it was working real hard. Carlos in particular, as he was tracking back..putting in tackles and still busting a lung to get down the line. Respectfully disagree with your assessment on the workrate of the midfield

~sigh~

1st Goal.....
Wolfe is upfield, Keyeno comes across to cover...big gap. Donovan just runs straight through the gap FROM MIDFIELD, receives the "give and go" and crosses. WHO WAS RUNNING WITH OR COVERING DONOVAN!!!? Who should have been!!!?? Where was Leon or Birchall or Carlos?

2nd AND 3rd Goal...

Altidore is all alone unmarked SAUNTERING through midfield, free as a bird collects ball with all the time in the world and scores. Why is Altidore so free and unattended in defensive midfield territory on both those goals?

Remember this novices...."Defence ENDS with the backline", it does not START there.

OUR MIDFIELD NEEDS TO HELP PLUG THE GAPS IN DEFENCE.
Two islands are better than one.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 08, 2009, 09:37:58 PM »
I'm convinced the people on this site are all novices......EVERY LAST ONE OF THOSE GOALS ARE THE RESULT OF THE FAILURE OF DEFENSIVE DUTIES OF THE MIDFIELD!!! EVERY LAST ONE!!!! I cyar be the only one seeing this.

THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH THE BACK FOUR. OUR MIDFIELD IS LAZY.

People here probably never play defence. When the midfield does not plug the space between defenders, or track back with men coming running in from midfield, especially men with speed or well timed runs, the 4 best defenders in the world will look ordinary and lost.

As a defender in the back 3 or 4, especially on the wings, when yuh midfield not helping....all yuh does see is space. Its very frightening. And that is what I see when the Warriors playing.

OUR PROBLEM ALWAYS WAS AND CONTINUES TO BE OUR MIDFIELD.

Allyuh leave Aklie alone.

I am not going to pong Aklie or Wolfe here. But your assessment about the midfield being lazy is really wide o the mark. Birchy and De Loen were a little overwhelmed, but worked hard. They weren't always effective, but the two of them were trying hard to plug the gaps in the middle and honestly, the US hardly broke us down through the middle. Carlos had a good game defensively in my opinion, and anyone who can call him or Birchall..(half the midfield on that day) lazy, is the true novice. Problem is, the US packed there two fastest players on Carlos side knowing he could not be expected to track overlapping runs by Beasley and stop runs by Donovan at the same time. You may not have found it the most effective MF we ever put out, but except for Keon Daniel..that MF look like it was working real hard. Carlos in particular, as he was tracking back..putting in tackles and still busting a lung to get down the line. Respectfully disagree with your assessment on the workrate of the midfield

~sigh~

1st Goal.....
Wolfe is upfield, Keyeno comes across to cover...big gap. Donovan just runs straight through the gap FROM MIDFIELD, receives the "give and go" and crosses. WHO WAS RUNNING WITH OR COVERING DONOVAN!!!? Who should have been!!!?? Where was Leon or Birchall or Carlos?

2nd AND 3rd Goal...

Altidore is all alone unmarked SAUNTERING through midfield, free as a bird collects ball with all the time in the world and scores. Why is Altidore so free and unattended in defensive midfield territory on both those goals?

Remember this novices...."Defence ENDS with the backline", it does not START there.

Defensive midfielder territory inside the 18? So we line of confrontation is inside the 6 then? 
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 08, 2009, 10:45:47 PM »

1st Goal.....

2nd AND 3rd Goal...

soca...enough of the football 101  ::) i understand what you are saying, but we have a disconnect here. it is one thing to say that the midfield was beaten..it's another to say they are lazy. Imo even the most tireless players get beaten. especially when you play for a team as wasteful in possession as T&T where our mf is constantly getting caught out after making supporting runs for plays that never develop. Carlos in particular is going to get caught out a lot, as he is our main attacking threat and isn't going to always cover every inch of that right side. But I think he does a great job trying to balance his defensive and attacking duties.

I looked at all three goals again, and yes, the midfield had it's part to play. Of course they're not blameless. But in trying to make your point you come across as if the defense is blameless, when some serious schoolboy errors were made that could have prevented the ball form nestling in the back of our net. On all the goals, certain aspects of the defending is awful. You almost sound like defenders aren't actually supposed to do any work on the field ::) I understand that you'd like people to give a more balanced account of where the breakdowns in defense occured, but the defenders have to take their share of the blame, no matter how much more you think the midfield should have done

And relax wid all dat condescending jackass  :bs: you going on wit day calling people novices. You really such ah arrogant prick you think people don't understand certain basics in the game? whatever yes

anyway..to finish. check these highlights and you will see how badly off you are on your call for the 1st and 3rd goals. Wolfe was the one who let Donavan go (Donavan did not make a deep run from mf that anyone else was supposed to track) and got caught ball watching. Carlos was pressing around the half way line to cut out the pass from Bocanegra. Could Wolfe have used some support from the mf? yep..but it was his man he let go. And Aklie let's Altidore brush him off after initially getting goalside and alongside the American. Aklie is also daydreaming on the 3rd goal, as is the rest of the defense. Looks like De Leon should have done better on goals 2 and 3, but by then Brichy is off the field and he is the only defensive midfielder and he looked overwhelmed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOnjwmIdGZU
« Last Edit: April 08, 2009, 11:26:41 PM by Filho »

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 08, 2009, 11:51:15 PM »
jozies on a vacation far away...fu#k he...dey teif we in 73.....one day this will all be good...we wont stop dancing
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

1]; } ?>