March 29, 2024, 07:24:46 AM

Author Topic: Argentina in the HCS?  (Read 5407 times)

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
Argentina in the HCS?
« on: April 03, 2009, 06:31:50 AM »
I watching the way the WCQ shaping up and under Maradona, Argentina have a very good chance of finishing 5th. If we manage to claim 4th...how many of us here would gladly sacrifice a place in S. Africa in exchange for seeing Messi, Tevez, Aguero and the great Maradona himself, in flesh in the stadium...playing their hearts out in order to qualify. Cause u know they coming to embarass us after the indignity of having to have a playoff.

Tha's a tough call for me...cause even if we qualify for the World Cup with this old man side, we ent doing no better than 4 years ago. 2014 is the real deal when the u-20's ready...
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline mr kevin

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Argentina in the HCS?
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2009, 06:44:50 AM »
I watching the way the WCQ shaping up and under Maradona, Argentina have a very good chance of finishing 5th. If we manage to claim 4th...how many of us here would gladly sacrifice a place in S. Africa in exchange for seeing Messi, Tevez, Aguero and the great Maradona himself, in flesh in the stadium...playing their hearts out in order to qualify. Cause u know they coming to embarass us after the indignity of having to have a playoff.

Tha's a tough call for me...cause even if we qualify for the World Cup with this old man side, we ent doing no better than 4 years ago. 2014 is the real deal when the u-20's ready...

*edit*

If that came to pass, anything can happen, and Argentina would be under so much pressure.  We could win...but talking about a win vs. Argentina in Argentina when we haven't beaten anyone at home and lost to the US 3-0 in the USA isn't worth it yet. 
« Last Edit: April 03, 2009, 06:51:32 AM by mr kevin »

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2009, 06:45:29 AM »
argentina probably would not come out of the first round either ;D

you really think TnT can beat argentina over 2 legs come on man

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2009, 06:49:17 AM »
Which Trinidad you'll talking bout.It cyar be the one playing in the Hex right now? 

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2009, 07:55:16 AM »
argentina get one proper cutass and allyuh talkin bout 5th spot,no way.my team endin up in de top 3.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2009, 08:12:05 AM »
If we could beat Bahrain, anything is possible.
Nah but serious if we play them at the top of El Tucuche we might have a chance

Offline Teflon Don

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2009, 08:53:27 AM »
Ppl need to realize Argentina only lose that game bcuz of the altitude....if u notice how slow messi and co were moving on counter attacks u would see that they were having problems breathing....nobody ever really goes to La Paz and do anything spectacular.....with that said....if we play argentina for a spot in the world cup,with the current team and our quiet supporters we good for about 13-0 in the first leg WHERE ever it is and we will probably get a 4-0 in the 2nd leg.

So nah i eh wanna face dem....i prefer Chile or Columbia. But i not studying that right now bcuz we aiming for a top 3 finish.

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2009, 09:00:17 AM »
Argentina is a big side, but if is one man could either take them all the way to the top, or all the way to the bottom (5th) is Maradona. That man life had too much bachanaal and I just cah see his reign as Argentina coach being nothing but exciting and drama filled. So with him there, anything is possible...even coming 5th.

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2009, 09:02:40 AM »

The more we start thinking and planning for 2014 the better.  We might as well begin using the U-20 side.  At least they will be prepared for their WC this year.

OK, ah know that is hyperbole but after that whipping on Wednesday against the US it will take a major change of coach, strategy, and player confidence to get us back on track.
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2009, 09:08:42 AM »
If we play Argentina in a real match (not a fete match like England) we could hold about 10...in the HCS

Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2009, 11:41:07 AM »
How many waggonist Trini going to come out with Messi football shirts and sky-blue and white face painting?? :P

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2009, 11:43:57 AM »
How many waggonist Trini going to come out with Messi football shirts and sky-blue and white face painting?? :P

Nuff
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2009, 01:41:16 PM »
Argentina will more than likely finish above 5th.

In a play off with Argentina, we will lose at home and away.
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2009, 01:50:21 PM »
Which Trinidad you'll talking bout.It cyar be the one playing in the Hex right now? 

*sigh*

You are right because there is no team playing in the Hex right now by that name....
« Last Edit: April 04, 2009, 01:52:09 PM by Brownsugar »
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2009, 07:34:11 PM »
Argentina will more than likely finish above 5th.

In a play off with Argentina, we will lose at home and away.

U tink
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2009, 11:05:53 PM »
Ppl need to realize Argentina only lose that game bcuz of the altitude....if u notice how slow messi and co were moving on counter attacks u would see that they were having problems breathing....nobody ever really goes to La Paz and do anything spectacular.....with that said....if we play argentina for a spot in the world cup,with the current team and our quiet supporters we good for about 13-0 in the first leg WHERE ever it is and we will probably get a 4-0 in the 2nd leg.

So nah i eh wanna face dem....i prefer Chile or Columbia. But i not studying that right now bcuz we aiming for a top 3 finish.

You do not want to face Chile. First off, Bielsa has been very successful on the road in qualifying. Doh sleep on that. Plus - since this thread is stimulated by Argentina's loss in Bolivia ... leh me tell ya, last year Chile went into the Hernando Stiles and won 2-0 fluidly ... Doh sleep on Bielsa ... he took the squad for pre-game altitude prep prior to that game ... You also do not want to face Colombia ... perhaps yuh checking fuh dem based on an interpretation of "inconsistency", buh iz not Colombia needah ... definitely not given our present definition of ball circulation.

The truth of the matter is none of the candidates are pushovers ... HOWEVER, realistically, there are only 2 teams in CONMEBOL that may offer any joy in a match-up: Venezuela and the same Bolivia ... Peru - despite its underachieving circumstances right now - would push us tactically. You have to evaluate them on moments during their games, rather than on a flat 90 ... Basile could not break them down last year.

Given that on a home and away fixture playing in La Paz would rip us to shreds, that leaves Venezuela ... and the FVF could easily schedule a match in Merida that would see us sucking fuh air.

There are no sound preferences. Uruguay has a sound and stubborn record on its homefield, against much more focused opposition than we have historically provided. We need to view that 4th spot as a carrot to be avoided.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2009, 11:07:42 PM by asylumseeker »

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2009, 11:19:28 PM »
P.S. Let Mexico deal with the CONMEBOL opposition. Dey better equipped to.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2009, 02:38:59 PM »

Cosign excellent idea

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2009, 09:25:40 AM »
Trust me Argentina eh finishing 5th. They have some a solid squad, with the exception of goalkeeping.
Bolivia was one of those situations in football. No worries, it was simply a mistake to wake up the sleeping giant.  ;D
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 06, 2009, 12:24:11 PM »

Yeah well they could end up there as well the way they going...but if that is the case, we hadda get a point at the Axteca otherwise we ending up 5th if Mexico landing 4th.

Offline kiffysmooth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 06, 2009, 01:32:34 PM »

*sigh*

You are right because there is no team playing in the Hex right now by that name....

Laawwdddd, Nutting doh pass de Tobago Ambassador

Offline Rastaman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 06, 2009, 01:59:18 PM »

*sigh*

Laawwdddd, Nutting doh pass de Tobago Ambassador
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
You go girl  :beermug:
Don't ease them up atall....

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 06, 2009, 02:12:32 PM »
Allyuh could imagine messi , aguero and tevez going up against wolf , akile and keon we good for at least 7

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 06, 2009, 02:18:07 PM »
Allyuh could imagine messi , aguero and tevez going up against wolf , akile and keon we good for at least 7

wha' bout de second half?

Offline jr sams

• Hero Warrior
  • Every time....all de time....true to form
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 06, 2009, 02:55:21 PM »

:rotfl: :rotfl:

well yes

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 06, 2009, 07:59:32 PM »

Meh imagination eh so good. Cyah imagine dat level of torture.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 06, 2009, 08:02:52 PM »

Meh imagination eh so good. Cyah imagine dat level of torture.

Strange for someone comfortable with a noose ... :P who has volunteered for de Matas lynching :devil:
« Last Edit: April 07, 2009, 07:11:20 AM by asylumseeker »

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 07, 2009, 11:33:38 AM »

Dat Stink  :rotfl:
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Bianconeri

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 07, 2009, 09:26:37 PM »
If we could beat Bahrain, anything is possible.
Nah but serious if we play them at the top of El Tucuche we might have a chance

that was a joke right? i aint reading into it right
but pls tell me u was jokin??

Offline Bianconeri

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 07, 2009, 09:27:33 PM »
argentina not coming 5th
it that simple
them have REAL games to play still in qualifying

1]; } ?>