April 27, 2024, 06:53:08 PM

Author Topic: Forget South Africa 2010.  (Read 3572 times)

Offline kaiser

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
Forget South Africa 2010.
« on: April 03, 2009, 12:05:24 PM »
I dont want anyone to misunderstand what I am writing it is my beleif that we should have a young team, the core of which should be u 20's playing the remaining qualifiers .Now we obviously will get a lot of cut arse and we will not qualify for 2010 but by the time 2014 qualifiers come around said team should be strong enough to shoulder the burdens,we need to move away from the dependence on yorke ,latas, stern etc not knocking them but there isn't enough depth in the squad (if wolfe and edwards is the best right and left backs in the whole of trinidad then we in trouble).I beleive that we have no identity as a football playing country, in the last ten years we have had an englishman ,a brazilian,a dutchman,a columbian,time to stop,we sold be looking to BUY LOCAL because we need to establish a brand. My vote take licks now to qualify easy in 2014.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2009, 05:37:09 AM by Flex »

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: forget sa 2010
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2009, 12:09:29 PM »
Too ealry to resort to that. We can give the youths a run when we aremathematically eliminated. Other than that we have to fight up with the best we have...regardless of age
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline ProudTrinbagonian

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2009, 12:11:24 PM »
nah man...
don't throw in the towel yet; like allyuh forget 2006, who say we cyah do it again, mathematically we are still very much in the equation....

marcos ya beat meh to the punch
« Last Edit: April 03, 2009, 12:13:08 PM by ProudTrinbagonian »
whey boy!

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2009, 12:12:00 PM »
 >:(

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2009, 12:13:38 PM »
neva say die.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline Agent Jack Bauer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2009, 12:28:14 PM »
By June/July we should have a clearer picture.....I was looking to book my flight for Costa Rica since last week.....BUT........and ah was hoping tuh book meh flight for South Africa in July......BUT

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2009, 12:32:24 PM »
At this stage of the last campaign we were last in the Hex with 1 point after losing at home to the US, being mauled in Guatemala 5-1 and drawing 1-1 to CR at HCS. As Scotty say..."we just doing what we normally does".  It is far from over!  
« Last Edit: April 03, 2009, 12:35:37 PM by FireBrand »
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2009, 12:36:04 PM »
nah man...
don't throw in the towel yet; like allyuh forget 2006, who say we cyah do it again, mathematically we are still very much in the equation....

marcos ya beat meh to the punch

At this stage of the last campaign we were last in the Hex with 1 point after losing at home to the US, being mauled in Guatemala 5-1 and drawing 1-1 to CR at HCS. As Scotty say..."we just doing what we normally does".  It is far from over!  

It was also at dis time we got d Don so leh we hope Jack just doing what we normally does
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline daryn

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2009, 12:42:50 PM »
My vote take licks now to qualify easy in 2014.

qualifying will never be easy.  

the underlying problem is that we always thinking only in terms of WC qualification.  Beenhakker used to say that it have plenty football to be played between now and then.

European countries focus on continuity and results come along with that; we over-emphasize WC qualification and ironically when the later stages of qualification come around we're almost always under-prepared.

It have no reason that we should have to choose between 2010 and 2014.  

Offline Arimaman

• Arima Compre
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2009, 02:27:48 PM »
Don't push the panic button guys....We are 2 pts away from being in 3rd place.  If we lose to CR, then we in real problems but right now, we not too bad.  Realistically, who expected us to beat the US?  So at the end of the day, we are right where most people thought we would be anyway...

Fight on SW....
Arimian to meh heart

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2009, 02:29:06 PM »
1 MORE point than 4 years ago, baby
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2009, 02:37:01 PM »

So in 2014 we have 3 pts at this pt and it go b improvement and I should b happy like pappy. What age I go b when we eh sweat 2 qualify 4 a WC.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2009, 02:38:49 PM »

So in 2014 we have 3 pts at this pt and it go b improvement and I should b happy like pappy. What age I go b when we eh sweat 2 qualify 4 a WC.
oh gorm ;D
is positive ah tryin to be here

hear nuh that was ya sis in Tallman pictures? :D
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2009, 02:40:48 PM »

oh gorm ;D
is positive ah tryin to be here

hear nuh that was ya sis in Tallman pictures? :D

Nah dats d brown not d graulated sugar

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2009, 02:58:50 PM »
 3 points against CR in june and we are back in the mix. We already pencil in a loss to USA and Mexico away.
 This team good for third place. O men of little faith.

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2009, 05:01:14 PM »
Wouldn't say faith is the issue per se, but most are at their wits end w/the "developing world" approach of attempting to improve our football/qualify for a WC, not b/c it was done 4 years ago means that it can be readily repeated again; the probability of lightning striking the same place twice in succession is quite remote
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline Peter

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2009, 06:02:13 PM »
I dont want anyone to misunderstand what I am writing it is my beleif that we should have a young team, the core of which should be u 20's playing the remaining qualifiers .Now we obviously will get a lot of cut arse and we will not qualify for 2010 but by the time 2014 qualifiers come around said team should be strong enough to shoulder the burdens,we need to move away from the dependence on yorke ,latas, stern etc not knocking them but there isn't enough depth in the squad (if wolfe and edwards is the best right and left backs in the whole of trinidad then we in trouble).I beleive that we have no identity as a football playing country, in the last ten years we have had an englishman ,a brazilian,a dutchman,a columbian,time to stop,we sold be looking to BUY LOCAL because we need to establish a brand. My vote take licks now to qualify easy in 2014.

Nah man, I don't like that kind of defeatist attitude!!stueps! >:( >:( There's plenty other opportunities for the youths to get experience and training, pelting them out into WCQ when most are not ready and aren't at the level yet is a recipe for absolute disaster(eg. Aklie Edwards and Makan Hislop, need I say more?) I heard some top coach say this(think it was Mark Hughes), and I agree with him- introducing youths too early before they're properly developed and ready can make them regress, through the thorough thrashing of their confidence(this is probably happening to Aklie)

The Man Utd system is the best, they train the youths to death in their system of play, and only when certain individuals have shown they are ready(e.g. Khaleem Hyland for us), they don't introduce them as a big bunch into the first team, but might put like about 1 into the seasoned team later into some games, but at most 1-3 in a team of seasoned pros, unlike Arsenal, ManU doesn't send out a full youth team for smaller competitions like the Carling Cup, but about half youths and half seasoned pros, thats because they know the importance of winning trophies, even smaller ones, their appetite for success is unquenchable. We need(ed) to follow that mould for the Gold Cup, and put forward a simular type of team that ManU does for the Carling Cup.

but once again, forget SA 2010?- NO WAY, I DON'T LIKE THAT KIND OF DEFEATIST SH*T!!!! >:(

Offline A.B.

• Hero Warrior
  • Everything I'm NOT made me everything I AM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2009, 07:01:08 PM »
I thought it was the worst game we have ever played and I still think they going to move up in that table....
BORN TO DO IT

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2009, 07:29:56 PM »
Breds i hear yuh, but we don't have tuh forget this campaign tuh bleed the yutes, we could do the both with a considerable amount of success.

yuh have tuh remember that's what jack tried tuh do when he black list the WC players, but he never bargin for the lack of talent in the PFL and the level that these locals play on was inadequate.

yuh eh see pancho was trying tuh find ah diamond in the rough to no avail.dem yutes have tuh either learn wid the vetrans or play in ah prestige league outside of T&T.

did you watch the gold cup in 07 ?? didn't you see how poor we played with the local yutes! dem fellas ain't ready bro, they need fitness ,tactics ,pace, vision , awareness, and a good league to learn their trade properly.

as for not having good defenders , where were you?   cyd gray, avery john, julius james, brent sancho, osie telesford, nigel henry, nigel daniel, , and we have fellas who needs tuh go away and learn how tuh defend.

with that accomplish we will have ah fresh crop of defenders for 2014= makkan hislop, pachecco, power, aklie, yohance marshall, abu bakar, dem men needs tuh play in europe , preferably italy or germany.

the reason for our poor showing was the black list and this nut, dunce, moronic, clueless coach we had over the past year and a half name maturana!

all we need is ah great coach and we could still win this hex! yes win! there's 21 points up for grabs and we could come away with 23 points total, hek we only need 17 tuh qualify automatically. if yuh doubt that , then why even buy in to the whole warrior thing.

don't take on the name warrior without undestanding the meaning.                       positive.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2009, 07:36:08 PM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Corbeaux

« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2009, 08:08:08 PM »
Ya'll reali panicking too fast.  Our must win game isn't USA away, it is CR at home and we have a lot of prep time for a new coach and time to replace our defenders excluding Lawrence. We should have all defenders foreign based as they seem to be better tatically. A foreign based defence will ease pressure off the midfield allowing carlos and co. to play their game. This will allow the strikers to get more goals.

Offline Peter

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Forget South Africa 2010.
« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2009, 06:51:23 AM »
kaiser, I totally agree with you that we have no identity as a football country though. I totally agree with you also about pushing youth, though i respectfully disagree about the solution being using this WCQ campaign to develop them though. We have to be more positive brudda.

Take care.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2009, 07:03:14 AM »
Guys,
               All yuh forget this thing about identity as football country. That is irrelevant. The most important thing is a good and honest association that looks out for the betterment of local football. Is US a soccer country. No. Is Australia a soccer country. No. The local association is s--t. That is the problem. We have a vindictative dictator in charge.

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 04, 2009, 09:27:09 PM »
Guys,
               All yuh forget this thing about identity as football country. That is irrelevant. The most important thing is a good and honest association that looks out for the betterment of local football. Is US a soccer country. No. Is Australia a soccer country. No. The local association is s--t. That is the problem. We have a vindictative dictator in charge.

:applause: :applause: :applause: Says it all really
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

truetrini

« Reply #23 on: April 04, 2009, 10:13:21 PM »
all we need now is a honestative leder for the TTFF and we good...ent?

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 04, 2009, 10:14:41 PM »
Guys,
Who yuh talking bout romany and skeen, BC when Wim tell them fellas they needed tuh raise the level of the PFL, and instead of doing just that, they almost hamstrung the man!

the whole system of football in T&T needs tuh change, from the government tuh the TTFF to the PFL to the SSFL!

they need ppl who care and know what the fack they doing, and if they don't know what they doing , then @ least they should care enough tuh hire consultants from progressive leagues who know what they doing to assist them in lifting the level of football on the twin island republic and keep it there!
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

truetrini

« Reply #25 on: April 04, 2009, 10:17:17 PM »
Guys,
Who yuh talking bout romany and skeen, BC when Wim tell them fellas they needed tuh raise the level of the PFL, and instead of doing just that, they almost hamstrung the man!

the whole system of football in T&T needs tuh change, from the government tuh the TTFF to the PFL to the SSFL!

they need ppl who care and know what the fack they doing, and if they don't know what they doing , then @ least they should care enough tuh hire consultants from progressive leagues who know what they doing to assist them in lifting the level of football on the twin island republic and keep it there!

why Wim eh give dem money to overhaul de league?  or make local coaches attend coaching seminars when they were held by Lincoln Phillips?   Or maybe he shoulda make fans turn out to support the league so revenue would grow?

Enta?

leh wim haul he stink dutch asshole!

Offline Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 05, 2009, 11:39:19 AM »
What make this journey harder than 2006 is the fact that we have harder games this time around.
Football is all about matchups, you do well against some teams, and not well against others.
Some teams we seem to match up good against are Panama, Guatemala, el Salvador and Mexico at home.
Some we struggle against include Mex away, USA home and away, definitely costa rica, and Jamaica home and away.

In 2006, we had Panama and guatemala, and we got 9 out of 12 possible pts from them.
This time around, they are both missing. We got past Guatemala in the last round.

Now the only team we match up good against is El Salvador. And it showed, we should have gotten 3 pts, 1 pt is not bad, we should beat them at home.

But I cannot recall us ever beating Costa Rica in a competitive game, i think there may be one in there somewhere, a solitary gold cup game or something that Trotman scored in extra time, but thats it.
It will be tough no matter what come early June.
We have only beaten the US once in the last 15 years.
Mexico we seem to get something from in POS, but u can scratch out the game in Mexico City or Guadlajara or wherever.
Honduras is the wild card, we were lucky to escape defeat last week at home, but they are very VERY capable, as they showed when they beat us 2-4 in 2001 in POS. They are also very inconsistent, they could drub mexico 3-0 at home then lose to TT. The scary thing is that this year, they look to be carrying on from their very good, consistent form of 2008.

Just based on matchups, it is harder this time around than the 2005 games.
Plus Latapy and Yorke are older.
PLUS, we dont have Bahrain again, it will be someone like Uruguay or Colombia, LOL.

If we are to reach South Africa, it will take a very good run of form.

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 05, 2009, 11:51:21 AM »
Just based on matchups, it is harder this time around than the 2005 games.
Plus Latapy and Yorke are older.
PLUS, we dont have Bahrain again, it will be someone like Uruguay or Colombia, LOL.

also there is big difference in the back line (e.g. dog) between the last campaign and this one.

giggsy11

« Reply #28 on: April 05, 2009, 12:31:40 PM »
Keep hope alive!

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 05, 2009, 02:11:11 PM »
we have 7 games left and this talk? allyuh fellas good boy
war
Black Lives Matter..