April 29, 2024, 08:22:46 AM

Author Topic: Leshorn Woods-Henry to Oakland University  (Read 2263 times)

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
Leshorn Woods-Henry to Oakland University
« on: April 20, 2009, 07:00:35 PM »
Oakland Announces Men's Soccer Recruits
ougrizzlies.com

The Golden Grizzlies will add 13 new players to the roster this fall.

ROCHESTER, Mich. - The Oakland University men's soccer team has added 13 new faces to its 2009 roster, announced first-year head coach Eric Pogue. Joseph Ashmore (Farmington Hills), Ryan Barrett (Grand Rapids), John Dreshaj (Clinton Township), Nick Kristock (Novi), Brett Lentz (Rochester Hills), James Leutzinger (Romeo), Shane Lyons (Plainwell), Scott Messer (Clarkston), Dennis O'Rourke (Rochester Hills), Chris Tatti (Port Huron), Leshorn Woods-Henry (Whitby, Ontario), Scott Zech (Plymouth) and Steve Zenas (Dexter) will join the team for the upcoming fall season.

Woods-Henry is a senior at Cardinal Newman Catholic High School, just outside of Toronto. A four-year letterwinner, he should challenge for playing time in the midfield or forward position for Oakland. Woods-Henry plays on the Trinidad Under 20 National Team.

"We feel very fortunate to add a player of Leshorn's abilities," said Pogue. "With his experience on the Trinidad youth national team, we fully expect him to have a very successful career at Oakland and add to our already very potent attack in 2009."

He is not on the u-20 WC squad as far as I know - he didn't turn up in a search on this site. ???

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Leshorn Woods-Henry to Oakland University
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2009, 07:13:57 PM »
He is not on the u-20 WC squad as far as I know - he didn't turn up in a search on this site. ???

I doh recall ever hearing bout he.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Madd Ras#13

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2009, 07:19:56 PM »
ah guess de yute hit dem ah master stroke dey  :rotfl:
all dat is necessary is necessary

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2009, 07:25:58 PM »
Maybe the man had a training stint with the team....who knows. :devil:
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2009, 07:27:15 PM »

I doh recall ever hearing bout he.

i remember reading about a player in canada trying out for the under 20 team his dad is trinidadian   i am wondering if its him ?
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2009, 08:41:38 AM »
ah guess de yute hit dem ah master stroke dey  :rotfl:

Ent?!?!?

if he make some training sessions? he rel good to say he play for TnT.
if he really never play? well jed he is ah boss to put dat on he resume.
personally ah feel he at least make some sessions wid de team.
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline Trini/Vinc

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2009, 09:08:17 AM »
Hey Guy's/Girls, Leshorn did do some sessions with the national squad but to say play with them in meaningful games, not that I know of.
I took him to Trinidad to train with the under 17 squad along with the twins but they did not make the cut.
I guy is decent, speed to burn could get behind defenders and knows how to score goals. This is not all about soccer it is also  about helping his mom, by getting this scholarship.He may be able to improve on his soccer and hope it leads to something at a higher level down the road. He is helping his mom and himself financially in regards to his Post Secondary Education (which I am hoping he takes advantage of ) we all know how expensive that could be.
I wish him all the best.

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2009, 09:38:59 AM »
Hey Guy's/Girls, Leshorn did do some sessions with the national squad but to say play with them in meaningful games, not that I know of.
I took him to Trinidad to train with the under 17 squad along with the twins but they did not make the cut.
I guy is decent, speed to burn could get behind defenders and knows how to score goals. This is not all about soccer it is also  about helping his mom, by getting this scholarship.He may be able to improve on his soccer and hope it leads to something at a higher level down the road. He is helping his mom and himself financially in regards to his Post Secondary Education (which I am hoping he takes advantage of ) we all know how expensive that could be.
I wish him all the best.

Well people bend the truth professionally all the time for far less important reasons so I backin de yute man.  I hope one day he actually makes the cut as I am sure he would probably be very proud to represent the RWB!!

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2009, 11:58:13 AM »
Pull this thread before the man schol get revoke !!  :devil:
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2009, 05:27:04 PM »
ent!!!! :rotfl:

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2009, 10:17:40 PM »

:rotfl:
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

1]; } ?>