April 29, 2024, 03:50:12 AM

Author Topic: Scotland duo banned for life  (Read 4419 times)

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Scotland duo banned for life
« Reply #30 on: April 21, 2009, 03:35:19 PM »
SFA Stand Firm

The SFA don't see this as "small stuff". Truth be told I can't say I see discipline as small stuff either.

The ban will be gone in less than a year. Once Scotland collect a blowout or 2, Barry Ferguson will be back in d midfield in no time. The fans want him back and the manager needs him back. At the end of the day, the SFA are just administrators.

You are marginalising the role of the SFA and the severity (to the SFA) of the players' actions. These countries have proven that they are willing to lose without indisciplined players. The game is bigger than the individual, unlike us with our small island mentality where we aren't accusotmed to good players or discipline and will overlook major infractions just for a result. If the players become eligible for selection it will not simply be because Scotland get licks.

Yes I am marginalising their role and the severity of the actions. People were surprised and expected a ban, but not a lifetime ban. Football mentality is the same anywhere, Trinidad or Scotland, fans want to win and the board are expected to facilitate that. You're right, its not Trinidad - the SFA are required to act in the best interest of the team, not in the best interests of Jack.

Barry Ferguson is their Latapy. An apology, a couple games off and he is good to go.

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 21, 2009, 03:47:50 PM »
You're right, its not Trinidad - the SFA are required to act in the best interest of the team, not in the best interests of Jack.
Barry Ferguson is their Latapy. An apology, a couple games off and he is good to go.
well said
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 21, 2009, 08:33:43 PM »
You're right, its not Trinidad - the SFA are required to act in the best interest of the team, not in the best interests of Jack.
well said

Cosign
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline dwolfman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Malvern Sports Club
« Reply #33 on: April 21, 2009, 09:08:22 PM »

We'll soon see if you're right. I still don't see this particular SFA backing down simply because Scotland loses a game or two... unlike T&T they function as a Board, not the high handed, almighty stumblings of a rich financier.

1]; } ?>