April 19, 2024, 04:46:38 AM

Author Topic: Dear Matas and Latas ....  (Read 2462 times)

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
Dear Matas and Latas ....
« on: April 04, 2009, 12:04:18 PM »
I am a socawarrior fan, like many on this forum, who invests plenty emotional capital following the gut-wrenching rollercoaster fortunes and tragedies of my team. I get tremendous pleasure seeing the socawarriors do well and I accept when we lose fair and square to a better team. I feel that the highlight of our team, in recent times, was when Beenhakker (Beenie) summoned Latas from Scotland to help turn around the fortunes and it succeeded. Beenie understood defense as the pillar of one's strategy before you can fantasize about all the glamour of attack and made a tremendous turnaround with what was a porous defense, that was distracting us from launching our attacking raids. We spent alot of time compensating for our defensive weaknesses, with our best aggressive & attacking midfield and striker formations sacrificed for conservative ones.

It was sad to see what happened in Nashville on wednesday. I can't help but notice a sickness coming back with full force. Hopelessness with the wingbacks, a position that if weak, would automatically be a God-send for the opponents like the USA, Costa Rica and other teams that rely heavily on the wing attack. More painful is the realization that the shortage of confident, fast, sharp wingbacks is exacerbated by unpatriotic sabotage in the form of the blacklist, that is a career-destroying, evil vendatta against wingbacks like Cyd Gray, Avery John and who knows why, the sidelining of Silvio Spann and Nigel Daniel  both of whom could easily do better. No offense to Akile Edwards, but the youth looked so unsure of himself and just out of it and I am not quite sure what it is that he has that makes him the ONLY!!!! player who gets selected for that position.

Latas, you are my hero. Please see to it that you do not slip into the blackmailing claws of Jackula and his bamceelickers and perpetuate the distasteful persecution of Avery, Gray, Sancho, Colin Samuel and others. Please focus on selecting speedy wingbacks, as this has been our achilles heel for years until we found Gray. Makan Hislop is NOT a wingback. You have to have blazin' speed to deal defensively with the likes of Lennon, Theo Walcott and such players as we painfully learned in Germany 2006.

Btw, Good job by Dennis Lawrence and Keyeno. Need 2 fellas (and a pool of substitutes) on dey side to protect the wings. So Latas and Matas, please bring in Avery and Gray to help groom the next generation just like Ian Bishop, Ambrose, Walsh, Holding and Roberts would have tried to support the new WI fast bowlers lacking confidence.

Matas, thanks for experimenting with local Pro League talent, but please tighten' up the defense and understand our historical weakness. If yuh doh understan', let Latas show you please.  :-\

« Last Edit: April 05, 2009, 03:44:36 PM by dreamer »
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Dear Matas and Latas ....
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2009, 12:28:38 PM »
U cyah fire a man in lent Dreamer because I c u still givin dis goat a chance 2 fix d defence. What he eh do since Ash Wed 08 he go betyween now and 06/06/09
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2009, 12:48:33 PM »
Lent is a time where some give up meat and alcohol.

However in the case of the Socawarriors...it seems they give up fight and pride and for the TT fans we give up hope.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2009, 01:54:31 PM »
Lent is a time where some give up meat and alcohol.

However in the case of the Socawarriors...it seems they give up fight and pride and for the TT fans we give up hope.

Touches them men doh want tuh play for that man bro. yuh could see where they don't respect his tactics. JMO.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2009, 02:15:48 PM »
Funny to see men bawlin fuh Cyd Gray sayin how he bein persecuted etc.

Yet some a dese same peeps was de one's callin Cyd a shithong, de wuss ting in tugs and he couldn't make a tobago team far less fuh T&T team in de early days oh fis career.

Nuff amnesiacs on dis board.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline WARRIORKING

• Deep into weaponry
  • Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2009, 02:44:44 PM »
its all the players fault . they all think they to good to run at full speed and close down people or even to chase the ball on attack they walk about the field like they  the best in the world  when they should be running at every play with full speed cause they are all shit stains
My lyrical tendency`s equivalent to a critical felony
Precise behind bars like a criminal`s penalty
Pinnacle definitely, hold so much jewels in my miracle memory
It`s like I`m a physical treasury
I was born with a difficult destiny, not your typical mentally
Givin my vision through treacheries

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2009, 02:48:07 PM »
Palos,

Doh be a trouble maker now. Gray was frequently a stalwart on most forumite's starting 11. I certainly had no problem with him. Yuh wah thread to be pulled for evidence? There was always a shortage of talent for that position as a player's weaknesses can be easily shown up.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2009, 02:52:02 PM »
One of the senior players on the team say is friend thing that going on with who playing and how long and all that. So I don't know what to say.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2009, 03:51:04 PM »
i dont know why people does waste time posting message for matas and latas here as if they does come here to read.  Email or post it to.  Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation   
43 Dundonald Street 
P.O. Box 400 Port of Spain 
Trinidad and Tobago 
Email: ttff1908@yahoo.com, shaunfuentes@yahoo.com   868-623-7312 
  868-623 8109

You have your right too

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2009, 06:53:14 PM »
Palos,

Doh be a trouble maker now. Gray was frequently a stalwart on most forumite's starting 11. I certainly had no problem with him. Yuh wah thread to be pulled for evidence? There was always a shortage of talent for that position as a player's weaknesses can be easily shown up.
In addition to de fact that Cyd improved tremendously in a short space of time and was on this forum knighted "most impressive" after de germany ting nah!
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2009, 07:14:10 PM »
its all the players fault . they all think they to good to run at full speed and close down people or even to chase the ball on attack they walk about the field like they  the best in the world  when they should be running at every play with full speed cause they are all shit stains

Yeah, but who pick dem???......dat Corbeaux needs to go and GO NOW!!!....
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2009, 07:26:04 PM »
i dont know why people does waste time posting message for matas and latas here as if they does come here to read.  Email or post it to.  Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation   
43 Dundonald Street 
Trinidad and Tobago 
  868-623 8109

You have your right too

Good luck wit dat dey probably eh like me y I neva get a response
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2009, 07:40:34 AM »
This is how things look in the Concacaf table
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/tables?league=fifa.worldq.concacaf&&cc=5901

T&T must win their home games coming up. Cyd Gray, Avery John, Nigel Daniel, Silvio Spann, Ancil Farrier and Julius James .... report for duty now!!, whether Jackula like it or not  >:( >:(

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2009, 02:32:53 PM »
This is how things look in the Concacaf table
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/tables?league=fifa.worldq.concacaf&&cc=5901

T&T must win their home games coming up. Cyd Gray, Avery John, Nigel Daniel, Silvio Spann, Ancil Farrier and Julius James .... report for duty now!!, whether Jackula like it or not  >:( >:(

Dey is Trini so d could storm d practice  :rotfl:

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2009, 03:17:54 PM »
43 Dundonald Street 
Trinidad and Tobago 
  868-623 8109

You have your right too

Good luck wit dat dey probably eh like me y I neva get a response
I got a letter from Jack secretary long time ago. Don't think they not reading and feeling an impact eh

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2009, 03:29:54 PM »
Of course dey readin but what dey doin. D man is crook/magistrate/executioner. Nutten happenin

1]; } ?>