March 28, 2024, 05:05:19 AM

Author Topic: U-20 team face host Egypt in WC opener.  (Read 5498 times)

Offline #4

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
    • #YGBfiles: The Young, Gifted, and Black Files
Re: U-20 team face host Egypt in WC opener.
« Reply #30 on: April 07, 2009, 09:24:13 AM »
Hyland will tear Egypt apart...............he on d team?

most likely im sure later on

Hoping for Jamal to do some damage as well, in addition to the whole squad of course
I hope so we need goal scorers .......btw how Jamal doing he scoring goals ..anybody .
This team might need some goal scoring depth from what i saw NO OFFENSE to anybody or be more clinical.just saying ,they might want to add Britto or Winchester or somebody even just on the bench ,good defense but another old Trinbago problem scoring....SAM ,Big Mag any ideas.

Even though adding men like Hyland and Jamal would be the rational thing to do, I am seriously wondering if these guys will get a shot, especially with the TTFF's track record of questionable moves (and non-moves) when it comes to selecting players. We'll see what happens...

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
Marchena against the warriors
« Reply #31 on: April 13, 2009, 07:03:09 AM »
just pondering that the 17 yr old ITALIAN will be coming up against the u 20 warriors in the world cup

hope we handle him well cuz he will give bateau and primus sum pace
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Marchena against the warriors
« Reply #32 on: April 13, 2009, 07:47:27 AM »
And Doh forget... Super Mario

As i said....all dis in it....we hadda use things like this to realise how we match up to the rest of the world. Dem boys could do it...we eh have nothing to lose.....all they need to do is show their mettle.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline Tierra

• Jr. Warrior
  • Football unites
    • View Profile
Re: U-20 team face host Egypt in WC opener.
« Reply #33 on: April 14, 2009, 05:17:40 PM »

Hoping for Jamal to do some damage as well, in addition to the whole squad of course
[/quote]I hope so we need goal scorers .......btw how Jamal doing he scoring goals ..anybody .
This team might need some goal scoring depth from what i saw NO OFFENSE to anybody or be more clinical.just saying ,they might want to add Britto or Winchester or somebody even just on the bench ,good defense but another old Trinbago problem scoring....SAM ,Big Mag any ideas.
[/quote]

Jamal is scoring a lot in training, however he was out for a week and has since  been coming on in the second half and is lookin forward to the Under 20 World Cup, and is preparing to train with the national under 20's side in May. I wish them the best and really hope they make it make it far since i being real straight forward I don't think the senior team making it to World Cup 2010 (that just my opinion) I still wish them the best though :D

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
U.S. U-20 MNT Tops Egypt
« Reply #34 on: June 29, 2009, 01:39:35 PM »
U-20 MNT
U.S. U-20 MNT Tops Egypt in First of Two Friendlies Against U-20 WC Hos

http://www.ussoccer.com/articles/viewArticle.jsp_15073280.html

ALEXANDRIA, Egypt (June 27, 2009) -- The U.S. Under-20 Men's National Team defeated Egypt 1-0 behind a MIkkel Diskerud goal and a Brian Perk shutout in the first of two friendlies against the 2009 FIFA U-20 World Cup hosts.

Thomas Rongen and his team are in the midst of an eight-day tour of Egypt that includes one more friendly against their hosts on Monday evening. The team is also getting accustomed to the climate, weather and atmosphere of the FIFA U-20 World Cup which will take place from Sept. 24-Oct 16.

Diskerud started the play that led to a goal by taking a restart to Tony Taylor. Taylor slipped the ball back to the Stabak midfilder and he was in alone on goal, finishing low past Mohamed Abou Gabal for the game's only goal.

Perk was called on to make eight saves in the match and has allowed only one goal this year in six international games. The lone goal allowed came in a 2-1 U.S. victory against CONCACAF Champion Costa Rica in Sarasota, Fla.

U.S. Under-20 Men’s National Team Match Report

Participants: USA U-20 MNT vs. Egypt U-20 MNT
Competition: Friendly
Date: June 27, 2009
Weather: Warm

Scoring Summary:
             1    2    Final
USA     1    0      1
Egypt   0    0      0

USA - Mikkel Diskerud (Tony Taylor) 40th minute

Lineups:
USA: 24-Brian Perk, 4-Sheanon Williams(3-Michael Stephens, 50), 2-Gale Agbossoumonde, 6-Aaron Maund, 5-Gerson Mayen, 7-Danny Cruz, 10-Dilly Duka(19-Dillon Powers, 72), 8-Mikkel Diskerud, 16-Brian Ownby(14-Sam Garza, 58), 9-Peri Marosevic(15-Zarek Valentin, 67), 12-Tony Taylor
Subs Not Used: 1-Sean Johnson, 11-Gerardo Saavedra, 13-Andrew Wenger, 17-Matt Wiet
Head Coach: Thomas Rongen

EGY: 22-Mohamed Abou Gabal, 7-Aly Elaraby, 15-Saad Eldin Samir, 2-Salah Soliman, 12-Islam Ramadan, 17-Mahmoud Touba(6-Ahmed Hegazy, 58), 10-Ahmed Shoukry, 18- Ahmed Magdy(21-Marzouk Salah, 58), 11-Mostafa Afrotto, 20-Hossam Arafat, 9-Mohamed Talaat
Subs Not Used: 1-Aly Lotfy, 3-Islam Mazloum, 4-Hamada Lamloum, 5-Moaz El Hennawy, 13-Ahmed Fahmy, 14-Hossam Hassan, 16-Mohamed Bassam
Head Coach: Miroslav Soukup

Statistical Summary:
USA / Egypt
Shots 12 /  12
Saves 8 / 8
Fouls 24 / 10
Corner Kicks 5 / 5
Offside 4 / 3

Misconduct Summary:
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Under-20's lose plot against Egypt
« Reply #35 on: July 24, 2009, 06:58:38 AM »
Under-20's lose plot against Egypt
http://www.ghanafa.org/blacksatellites/200907/3834.asp
Posted on: 24-Jul-2009            Source: Ghanafa.org

Ghana's Under-20 team would be attempting to finish their campaign in the five-nation tournament on winning note after failing to stay in contention for the prize money.

Sellas Tetteh's side will play Kenya Thursday in their last match.

The Black Satellites saw their renewed hopes of a good finish blown on Wednesday as they lost 1-4 to tournament hosts, Egypt.

The defeat was Ghana's second in three matches after having won against Guatemala.

The four-day tournament for five teams forms part of Ghana's preparations for the World Youth Cup later in September and it would be hosted by Egypt.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Themanfriday

• That's who I am, a real
  • Hero Warrior
  • CHILD of GOD
    • View Profile
    • Dexter B. Friday
Re: Under-20's lose plot against Egypt
« Reply #36 on: July 24, 2009, 07:24:04 AM »
 :devil:
Born in SanDo
Raised in Marabella and Gasparillo
Lived in Philly