March 29, 2024, 05:15:16 AM

Author Topic: Call for Gally to coach Warriors.  (Read 8197 times)

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Call for Gally to coach Warriors.
« Reply #30 on: April 06, 2009, 11:57:50 AM »
dey effin jokin??

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 06, 2009, 12:20:09 PM »
But Gally eh fail with any team yet(as far as i know)...why all the hate for him?

Spidey what was UTT record in the super league... :rotfl:

UTT was men like you and me looking for a sweat boy touches. Not serious players.
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 06, 2009, 12:28:52 PM »
Steups!!!

evereybody have been gave a 2nd and third try why not gally.. big up gally everytime.. I will support him as our coach
war
Black Lives Matter..

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 06, 2009, 03:32:52 PM »
aaah the days of kaisoca soccer lol....
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 06, 2009, 03:38:36 PM »
... what era Beenhaker, Capello, and dem from? Hope allyuh just saying dem 2 men stuck in Austin Powers mode and nothing further

Them men have continued to coach and familiarize themselves with the changing times, adjusting while on the bench... not from on the couch.

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 06, 2009, 03:59:43 PM »
Steups!!!

evereybody have been gave a 2nd and third try why not gally.. big up gally everytime.. I will support him as our coach
war

Get ah blasted clue, gally did not make it to the world cup, you think he could make it now, especially how much the game has changed.

Lay of the weed....

truetrini

« Reply #36 on: April 06, 2009, 04:03:01 PM »
I like Gally eh, but if he is considered, then we might as well consider Phil Jackson of basketball fame, both he and Gally will be on the same level as far as the modern game is concerned.

Offline scooby

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 06, 2009, 04:37:31 PM »
why would we call gally now at this stage and for that matter at any stage yes gally did ok with the strike squad but the fact of the matter is YES HE FAILED with 1 point needed playing at home not qualifying is a failure anyhow people want to spin that is failure NO TO GALLY NO NO NO NO NO if you want to give anyone a try at this give to latas but no in short term basics but long term

Offline PIMP

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 06, 2009, 06:05:56 PM »
KAISO WARRIORS!!!!!

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

truetrini

« Reply #39 on: April 06, 2009, 06:19:27 PM »
KAISO WARRIORS!!!!!

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

KAISOSOCA WARRIORS

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 06, 2009, 08:11:33 PM »
I find nuff peeps quotin meh but as 4 d matter at hand Gally boi been there done head.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 06, 2009, 08:22:29 PM »
if gally does visit this forum he might contemplate givin up he trini citizenship. ;D
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 06, 2009, 08:39:23 PM »
where is Fishs?
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Bring back Gally
« Reply #43 on: January 01, 2010, 01:28:12 PM »
Long time now we cutting off we nose to spoil we face ....compare we football now wid all we pros... to de strike squad era of amateurs ...entire team home grown and home trained ...
I eh fraid to say it ..Gally could still put we on de right track ...
Jack ...hire at least one man who go say no sometimes nah !
And please  give lincoln the agreed  pension
J Jai John

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Bring back Gally
« Reply #44 on: January 01, 2010, 01:32:08 PM »
On a personal note, my biggest goal in coaching is still to come. T&T has never qualified for a World Cup with a Trinidadian-born coach; I would love the chance to train up another team like the Strike Squad and take it all the way this time.
Gally Cummings 2006

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: January 01, 2010, 01:40:05 PM »
On a personal note, my biggest goal in coaching is still to come. T&T has never qualified for a World Cup with a Trinidadian-born coach; I would love the chance to train up another team like the Strike Squad and take it all the way this time.
Gally Cummings 2006
;D Trinidad and Tobago has never quailfied for a FIFA World cup with a coach born In Trinidad whose name rhymes with Fally Dummings.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 01, 2010, 01:46:23 PM »
1st rant of  2010
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 01, 2010, 01:50:24 PM »
I would volunteer my services but I already busy with a high school here...

Plus ah HATE scamps.... ah might make ah carera if ah had to work with him... (we had a falling out back in the day)

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 01, 2010, 01:53:34 PM »
I would volunteer my services but I already busy with a high school here...

Plus ah HATE scamps.... ah might make ah carera if ah had to work with him... (we had a falling out back in the day)

doh worry ah go make sure yuh get good treatment in carrera.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 01, 2010, 08:36:35 PM »
The Past is our teacher- The present is our opportunity- The future is our friend.
 If you believe in this truism then why are we trying to recycyle those who took us to the River Jordan but could not help us to cross it. Bennie gave us a glimpse of the promise land and we are back in the wilderness,
 The New Year message must be that the Good is often the enemy of the best. We have to get the right people on the bus before we can drive the Bus. There comes a time we call it the Kroyos time in Greek , translated the opportune time , when we have to ask some people to leave the Bus so that we can begin the journey.

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 03, 2010, 04:37:41 PM »
The Past is our teacher- The present is our opportunity- The future is our friend.
 If you believe in this truism then why are we trying to recycyle those who took us to the River Jordan but could not help us to cross it. Bennie gave us a glimpse of the promise land and we are back in the wilderness,
 The New Year message must be that the Good is often the enemy of the best. We have to get the right people on the bus before we can drive the Bus. There comes a time we call it the Kroyos time in Greek , translated the opportune time , when we have to ask some people to leave the Bus so that we can begin the journey.

The strike squad was a home grown team of amateurs who came from oblivion to put us on the football map. there was no playoff for any fourth place team as with the soca warriors . You forgot it was a playoff against Bahrain after finishing fourth in a group of six that got us to the WC ?
The strike squad had to beat or draw with the usa to get direct qualification to Italy .... Tell me how the coach who made all this possible is no better than those who have come after ?
You know the reason why Cummings is not involved in national coaching and why even those who he has coached has been elevated to national coach status.
We even put a player with no coaching experience rather than put Cummings to coach our national team .
Well we could pretend that Cummings can make no contribution to T&T football because the team failed at the final hurdle but who are we hurting ?
Go and look at some of the games the strike squad played against top teams en route to Italy ...even the warm ups ...then tell me honestly if we are playing that kind of football even now ?
I know you are an honest man so I await your response...

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 03, 2010, 05:03:19 PM »
UTT nuff said..................the game has passed him by
I pity the fool....

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 03, 2010, 05:51:20 PM »
Anybody who have coached our national team got fired or left and choose to return should get their head examined,the job eh even worth the money they pay to do it.

The main reason is you are coming back to work under the same administration so nothing you left is different,you have to deal with some of the same or different players,then you have the ever so critical media and so called fans that know what's best for Football in T&T.

Is not TTFF that got rid of Gally,it's the same people who say they love T&T Football that did,everybody was glad when they got rid of him,if Gally coming back at all it have to be for the money because at his age and in this era he can't handle that kind of pressure,he not lasting no length of time.

Coaching any T&T national team is a thankless job,Gally better behave himself if he knows what's better for him,i will like to see this forum if he ever accepts that job again,it will be Gally and Jack fighting for most posts.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 03, 2010, 07:49:07 PM »
whats has gally done since 89? for his name even to come up as coach  ::)
« Last Edit: January 03, 2010, 08:37:02 PM by Trini _2014 »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 03, 2010, 09:12:36 PM »

UTT

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 04, 2010, 12:09:12 AM »

UTT
Caripichaima?
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 04, 2010, 12:47:34 AM »
In this global era.....where players have opportunities to play in the world's top leagues...IF THEY'RE GOOD ENOUGH...it's unlikely that any totally local based national team will be able to duplicate the success of the strike squad.

Why?

Because Gally would not have had the success he did, if he didn't have the full time availability of players like Russell Latapy & Leonson Lewis.

Your best players will be snapped up by overseas clubs.  That's the reality of today's football.  And if nobody is taken, it means they're not good enough which means you don't have players who will be able to make a difference, change a game, through their brilliance.

Maybe Gally would make a good youth coach.  MAYBE.  But Men's National team?  Not if yuh want to be successful in today's CONCACAF.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 04, 2010, 06:24:18 AM »
In this global era.....where players have opportunities to play in the world's top leagues...IF THEY'RE GOOD ENOUGH...it's unlikely that any totally local based national team will be able to duplicate the success of the strike squad.

Why?

Because Gally would not have had the success he did, if he didn't have the full time availability of players like Russell Latapy & Leonson Lewis.

Your best players will be snapped up by overseas clubs.  That's the reality of today's football.  And if nobody is taken, it means they're not good enough which means you don't have players who will be able to make a difference, change a game, through their brilliance.

Maybe Gally would make a good youth coach.  MAYBE.  But Men's National team?  Not if yuh want to be successful in today's CONCACAF.
:applause: :applause: :applause:

Gally would have to be a changling to be able to come dey and do anything. THings are far different from that time till now. Dont think gally has the right formula no more. Plus no lewis, latas and yorke. THe game is way more technical today and there is no just winging it. You either know your shit or you dont. Even Brasil had to adapt to this new era.
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 04, 2010, 08:36:36 AM »
jai john- I had a conversation with Gally a month ago he was visiting West Palm Beach. I asked him the question of coaching the national Team. COOP's hit the nail on its head- Not under this administration plus lack of pride by the locals and the foreign base are more concerned about their club than country
 Also remember that Gally had a second bite of the cherry after the strike squad failure against the USA on that Nov Day.

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 04, 2010, 11:49:05 AM »
allyuh cyah be serious!!!!!  this as much as allyuh going to get.  Grab a stag and chill

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BfdyLtjgFL8
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

1]; } ?>