April 18, 2024, 01:11:37 PM

Author Topic: UEFA CL- Manchester United VS FC Porto Tuesday 7th April 09  (Read 22861 times)

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Manchester United vs FC Porto Thread (15-Apr-09).
« Reply #210 on: April 16, 2009, 07:27:25 AM »
The kinda goal yuh hate to see a man that yuh hate score it, but it was beautiful. Somebody prior mentioned that Helton was sleepin' on that shot and he was right.  He should have done a little better on that and at least get a hand to it.

I find Helton didn't have a chance in hell...dat ball was moving away from him the whole time. And at pace to boot. His positioning was good, as he was a few feet off his line. He tried to move his feet and he went full stretch..but that ball was flying and moving away from him. No chance in hell imo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KmNSoxSCKvs

It's not all that easy to tell because the replay hardly shows the whole picture with both players in the frame simultaneously from the time the shot was taken.  It look as though Helton was just a tad bit slow in moving his feet, after the shot was well on its way.  On a shot like that (or any shot, for that matter) you have to read it quickly and start shuffling your feet to get across to it  I agree, the shot had pace, but even so, Helton had time and he should have seen it all the way.  All that considered, I figure he could have gotten at least a hand to it.

i hear yah. and i actually agree with everything you say, but the difference is i doh blame him, cuz I thnk the flight of the ball changed on him. so his intial anticipation was probably for a shot that seemed to be a lot closer to him...then the ball pick up a wicked swerve to his right. I think these days keepers caught between a rock and a hard place. players can move the ball in such ridiculous ways now that some keepers end up actually over-diving for a shot...so i feel reaction times for knuckling, swerving shots will seem a bitter slower as keepers nowadays have to do a lil extra calculting for the flight of today's lighter ball. look at Alex's freekick against Liverpool. he was closer in and pretty much shot it straight at reina. True there was a wall in front of reina..but the reason he didn't at least get a hand to it was that lil swerve right at the end of the ball's flight. Reina's reaction is 'slow' for someone of his ability cuz for a slit second I feel he thought he had it. It was looking like a straight punch over..next ting you know, the poor fella realize he actually hadda fly...

« Last Edit: April 16, 2009, 07:29:04 AM by Filho »

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
Re: UEFA CL- Manchester United VS FC Porto Tuesday 7th April 09
« Reply #211 on: April 16, 2009, 07:55:07 AM »
allyuh men is some dutty, stinking, two face, lyinghypocrites.. lol

agreed, i cyah post during a game when my team playing..

but why de ass yuh cyah post at half time?

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: April 16, 2009, 08:11:16 AM »
I missed the game cuz of work and only saw the highlight of the goal around midnight last night.
Needless to say it took me a while to fall asleep.
All I can say is WOW.

How can such an @$$hole be so good?

Goal of the year
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

giggsy11

« Reply #213 on: April 16, 2009, 08:48:04 AM »

Maybe superstition or you maybe watching the gameat a bar?

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Presentation College San Fernando
« Reply #214 on: April 16, 2009, 08:48:09 AM »
wait nah ... dat was me dey dat get call out from small pin?

Ah man talking about game pressure like if he playing in the damn game and cyar multitask.

If ah remember well, it does have a chatroom going guns when TT playing WCQ.

allyuh "men" good yes.
throw parties, not grenades.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: April 16, 2009, 08:51:22 AM »

lol. allyuh men lying and yuh know it...

90' minute, whistle blow and is only ah setta 'glory, glory' posting all over the place.

it have ah trotters outlet in yuh backyard or what?

giggsy11

« Reply #216 on: April 16, 2009, 09:48:15 AM »

lol. allyuh men lying and yuh know it...

90' minute, whistle blow and is only ah setta 'glory, glory' posting all over the place.

it have ah trotters outlet in yuh backyard or what?

Look for me is superstition- I like tuh let things play out before commenting. Win, lose or draw I will comment. I also refuse to buy into the new age of instant gratification; my phone is to talk on not tuh listen to music or access the internet.

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Manchester United vs FC Porto Thread (15-Apr-09).
« Reply #217 on: April 16, 2009, 10:24:48 AM »
Yuh really have to give ManU credit, they know how to win. Even when they not at their best they can get a result.
Admirable quality

yuh giving ManUre too much credit. Porto had their chances and didn't convert them.

OK give Porto all the credit for that  :devil:

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: April 16, 2009, 10:40:50 AM »
When you watching a shyte team trying they best to hold on you can do anything.....and when you watching a big team who you don't have to worry about you can do anything.   :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline 2cents

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • FPL Vibes
« Reply #219 on: April 16, 2009, 05:19:51 PM »
What were the views on the Porto players. I'm sure nobody really gets to watch Portuguese league so it was good to take a look at them. Fernando was excellent he remind me of Flamini so maybe Arsenal should take a look. The right and left backs and several attacking players were also good so will see if anybody take notice in d summer.
It's only kinky the 1st time

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: April 16, 2009, 09:13:09 PM »

cause daiz the time to go and too too
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

1]; } ?>