April 26, 2024, 05:41:26 PM

Author Topic: Usain Bolt vs. CRonaldo  (Read 7630 times)

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Presentation College San Fernando
Usain Bolt vs. CRonaldo
« on: April 06, 2009, 01:46:27 PM »
http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/06042009/58/premier-league-bolt-mocks-wuss-ronaldo.html

Premier League - Bolt mocks 'wuss' Ronaldo
Eurosport - Mon, 06 Apr 16:25:00 2009

Sprint king Usain Bolt has called Manchester United star Cristiano Ronaldo "a wuss" and mocked him for "falling over all the time".

Jamaican Bolt, who set 100m and 200m world records on his way to three Olympic gold medals in Beijing last summer, has an open invitation from United to deliver tips on high-speed running.

The 22-year-old will visit the club's Carrington training ground next month, but he could get a frosty reception from Ronaldo after delivering a less-than-flattering assessment of the Portuguese winger.

"I'm going to tell Ronaldo to stop being such a wuss," Bolt said.

"I'd like to see more of Wayne Rooney's fight in Ronaldo. He has to be aggressive like Rooney, even if it gets him into trouble at first.

"And he has to stop falling over all the time."

Bolt said that Ronaldo's running style was bad for his balance and meant he had trouble staying on his feet.

He said: "His problem is that when he runs he leans forward and loses his balance. He needs to sprint more upright."

Bolt travels to Manchester for the Great City Games on May 17, and will watch United's home game against Arsenal as well as meeting the squad in training.

Alex Chick / Eurosport

Writer failed to report that Bolt alledgedly used words such as fassy and chi chi to describe Ronaldo
throw parties, not grenades.

Offline football is life

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Usain Bolt vs. CRonaldo
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2009, 03:13:09 PM »
who is usain bolt again?? STEUPSSSSSS
if yuh live by d sword..yuh goin to die by d gun!!

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2009, 03:19:55 PM »
well i guess he desperate to make headlines again.
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2009, 03:33:52 PM »
Who even knows if bolt really said that, and in what context. sounds to me if it was said @ all, it's an indication that he bolt is a MAN U fan and expects more from ronaldo and want him to be more.....like rooney.

i doh see nutten wrong wid dat.  haters stop hating! if ah trini said the same thing the replies would be differant!
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

giggsy11

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2009, 04:09:13 PM »
Who even knows if bolt really said that, and in what context. sounds to me if it was said @ all, it's an indication that he bolt is a MAN U fan and expects more from ronaldo and want him to be more.....like rooney.

i doh see nutten wrong wid dat.  haters stop hating! if ah trini said the same thing the replies would be differant!

Right, yuh see is a Chelski man who post it. Must a slow day at work.

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2009, 04:21:33 PM »
steuups he eh lie ronaldo always diving thas not  a new thing ...i doh see the story here

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2009, 04:39:49 PM »

u really believe if a trini man post that the replies woulda be different?
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2009, 04:47:12 PM »

u really believe if a trini man post that the replies woulda be different?
I know!! from the same ppl it would've! trinbagonians cayr do nutten wrong in their eyes, but ah yardy is always under ah microscope!
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2009, 06:41:44 PM »

Yeah he is a Utd fan. Heard him say it in an interview for BBC some time last year -after he won the medals.

I was just humoring ACB. The man gets excited for anything utd related esp if is bout CR.
He's a CR/ Utd Stalker.

ent ACB?  :clown:
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2009, 06:44:22 PM »
A Manchester United fan, Bolt added that he had an ulterior motive for racing in the city.

"I am also looking forward to going to Old Trafford to support my team," he said. "I've wanted to come to a match for a long time and am delighted to get the opportunity."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/athletics/7949841.stm
(Muslim)

Offline reggae-fan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2009, 07:14:57 PM »

Usain Bolt is the world record holder at 100M and 200M. The fastest man in the history of sport.

Just saying.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2009, 07:27:06 PM »
wuss or not he making rel paper
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline rickstaa

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2009, 07:29:40 PM »
Well sid if he say so CR is ah big WUSS :beermug:

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2009, 07:39:37 PM »
I agree with this approach 100 percent. I also thought and mentioned long time ago that Ato should go give our guys some sprint training techniques, especially our defenders, who are consistently beaten and out run by opposing forwards

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Presentation College San Fernando
« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2009, 08:24:44 AM »
I agree with this approach 100 percent. I also thought and mentioned long time ago that Ato should go give our guys some sprint training techniques, especially our defenders, who are consistently beaten and out run by opposing forwards

I ain't no pro, but just from observing - running on turf (if yuh could call HC that) and mondo is two different things.

Interesting that Bolt spoke about technique, but isn't a different technique required when you're trying to control the ball while running, versus flat out running? Instead of running upright, footballers tend to be more hunched over as they run with the ball - which probably defies the physics of fast running in track.

Carlos is probably our fastest player with the ball, and has somewhat of an upright trot - then I would say Glenn, but it doesn't seem he's in the selection frame. KJ has speed, but can't control the ball. So, maybe between Carlos and Ato, they could work out specific drills for our players.
throw parties, not grenades.

Offline CK1

• Sr. Warrior
  • Man of Faith and Integrity
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2009, 08:41:19 AM »

Sprinting technique for track and sprinting in football are two different things. Body posture and the use of the arms for change of direction in football is different as track has no sudden change of direction movement; plus there is no ball or opponent coming at different angles to focus on while sprinting on a track.
Jesus Christ...King of Kings and Lord of Lords!

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2009, 08:52:01 AM »

I ain't no pro, but just from observing - running on turf (if yuh could call HC that) and mondo is two different things.

Interesting that Bolt spoke about technique, but isn't a different technique required when you're trying to control the ball while running, versus flat out running? Instead of running upright, footballers tend to be more hunched over as they run with the ball - which probably defies the physics of fast running in track.

Carlos is probably our fastest player with the ball, and has somewhat of an upright trot - then I would say Glenn, but it doesn't seem he's in the selection frame. KJ has speed, but can't control the ball. So, maybe between Carlos and Ato, they could work out specific drills for our players.

You saying this like you eh sure ! I dont however think  sprinters can coach footballers how to run with a ball.  Give Bolt ah ball to run with and see ! There are good training tapes around ..or at least there used to be ..one such is called " This is Pele " ..where it shows that a player intent on going past people has to lean forward to protect the ball ...a la Pele ..which is why it was so difficult to get it from him ...the head is over the ball ...so the defender cant come in ..
Messi would hardly stand a chance in a foot race with the world'd leading forwards ..but put a ball into the equation and his style would easily win out ...fans could even believe that it is a set up the way Messi gets past players and they seem unable to properly line him up ...
Next thing is the change of direction ...important in football not so in sprinting ...take another look at Massi's run against Getafe last season or Maradona's run against England in '86...some opponents seemed to be playing down the wrong line , to use a cricketing term ..

the info is out there and has been for a long time ..is just that we not using it ! Rather than running faster with a ball I think it is more important to ensure that you dont lose it....how many times have we seen our players just giving it away to the opposition ? unless trhat is corrected running faster will just make them give it away much faster...if that is at all possible with our team.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2009, 09:24:43 AM »
Well everything I wanted to say has already been said...

Running in football and sprint running are two different things to my untrained eye.
Bolt should stick to his day job... as much as he is correct.
If Bolt was Trini I'd be saying the same thing.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2009, 09:37:30 AM »
Running in football and running in track is technically two different things. The acceleration method (1st step) can be taught effectively by a track coach. Also speed training 20 - 30 - 40 even up to 50 yards speed training can be taught by a track coach.
You don't do it all the time but incorporating the ideas help players develop their speed, and running technique in not wasting energy. You cannot just discard the idea of what Bolt trying to say.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline football is life

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2009, 10:40:23 AM »
Quote from: football is life on Yesterday at 03:13:09 PM

Usain Bolt is the world record holder at 100M and 200M. The fastest man in the history of sport.

Just saying.

he'll be significant again in....2012 haha
if yuh live by d sword..yuh goin to die by d gun!!

Offline reggae-fan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2009, 10:43:41 AM »
Well everything I wanted to say has already been said...

Running in football and sprint running are two different things to my untrained eye.
Bolt should stick to his day job... as much as he is correct.
If Bolt was Trini I'd be saying the same thing.

There is a big difference when sprinting onto a ball that was nicely played "through" the defence, and sprinting with a ball at your feet. No need to lean forward when running unto a through ball. When moving to goal with the ball at your feet, you have to modify your action a bit. In football you have strikers who do well at sprinting onto through passes...and others that are good at "dribbling" at high speeds.

Luton Shelton, currently on the verge of being Jamaica's all time leading goal-scorer (at the tender age of 23), has scored 90% of his goals through his raw speed running onto through balls (this guy could easily have gone on to be am olympic sprinter for Ja)

Christiano ronaldo is not a genuine sprinter...I believe what he does have is the ability to dribble at a fair speed to gho along with his dazzling foot movement.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2009, 10:45:23 AM by reggae-fan »

Offline reggae-fan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 07, 2009, 10:46:45 AM »
Quote from: football is life on Yesterday at 03:13:09 PM

Just saying.

he'll be significant again in....2012 haha

Well, I'd take that job if I could...all that fame and fortune for a job that requires him to show up every 4 years. ;D

Offline dwolfman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Malvern Sports Club
« Reply #22 on: April 07, 2009, 10:52:48 AM »
Talk about comments being taken out of context. Wow! That's often the problem with the written word, you have no audio cue to know the tone of the person being quoted which can change the meaning of a message significantly.

I've done a course with a "movement-tologist" for want of a better name to call him. Running is not just running and a lot of athletes in these team sports are trained to "run". The concession was that running is field sports is more than straight line or lane running, since there is change of direction or speed involved as well.

North Americans and Australians tend to take this mechanics thing across all sports so a football, hockey, basketball, player or a sprinter should all have the general mechanics of a running stride. We were shown footage of a Pakistani, a South African and a Dutch athlete and discussion about who was probably trained to run ensued. In the end the guy assured us that the Pakistani (who seemed to be the one not trained to run) was a good athlete and an effective one despite what was said about his running technique. That being said, he is of the opinion that with better training on his running technique he could be more efficient given his athletic ability.

Offline Bamboo Prince

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 07, 2009, 12:59:42 PM »
De only ting i seein is some real unsportsmanlike behaviour from Bolt - for de moment forgettin de IOC president comments last summer - ah doh know if his PR man does be advisin him to bump dah gum of his so liberally. 

Is one ting if he commentin on a one-off past event or if one of them retired or something, but both of them still actively plyin dey trade on de world stage and, as sportsmen, have to back each other up and, yes, rely on each other's goodwill.  Is man food yuh talkin bout.

Some might say, well it eh nuttin, what Bolt know bout football? I say, wuss yet, de man strectch he mout over from one sport to another with no positive intention in sight.  Next he go wah know why Ol Trafford pull dey offer of hospitality ??? steeeeups

Offline Fantastic

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 07, 2009, 01:24:58 PM »
I'm pretty sure any quality fitness trainer would employ various training regimens that would be a football specific version of what Bolt is saying. The US national program does quite a bit of it and I was amazed at what a big difference it really makes from just limited time around their training sessions. Don't assume Bolt just talking out of his ass, because he is into football too so I'm sure he wouldn't mean 100% track posture for a footballer. De Americans using science and all to buss we ass. Angles, balance, muscle memory!!
Doh loss yuh head boss

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 07, 2009, 04:28:15 PM »
Running in football and running in track is technically two different things. The acceleration method (1st step) can be taught effectively by a track coach. Also speed training 20 - 30 - 40 even up to 50 yards speed training can be taught by a track coach.
You don't do it all the time but incorporating the ideas help players develop their speed, and running technique in not wasting energy. You cannot just discard the idea of what Bolt trying to say.

Thank you

Offline dwolfman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Malvern Sports Club
« Reply #26 on: April 07, 2009, 04:58:56 PM »
I'm pretty sure any quality fitness trainer would employ various training regimens that would be a football specific version of what Bolt is saying. The US national program does quite a bit of it and I was amazed at what a big difference it really makes from just limited time around their training sessions. Don't assume Bolt just talking out of his ass, because he is into football too so I'm sure he wouldn't mean 100% track posture for a footballer. De Americans using science and all to buss we ass. Angles, balance, muscle memory!!

Ent!

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 07, 2009, 05:37:30 PM »
I especially like the way you brought in the cuttail to make your point ...which you have not made actually ... The football coaches are just as scientific as athletic coaches and I am sure the world's most popular and richest club has access to relevant information .,.. and they have not tried to change CR
Bolt is a young man who has to watch his words ..it is disrespectful to criticize when you have limited comparative knowledfge about the topic of which you speak.
I wonder if he gave thought to the player he was critisizing ??? the World's best 2008 etc.
I am sure he probably did not realize that he too can be the object of unfair criticism ...he is only the world's best ..just like CR ..
Many sportsmen have been lured into making unwise declarations and even unwise actions and reactions ..Bolt's memory is short ..he is just giving his critics more ammunition to attack him ...if they cant beat him on the track they will beat him off it ..someone should tell him that.

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 07, 2009, 09:51:50 PM »
But the Dutch talk about a specific way to sprint in football too.  While they might be two different approaches, lets not deny that there is a technique to sprinting in football too.

Offline dwolfman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Malvern Sports Club
« Reply #29 on: April 08, 2009, 08:23:03 AM »
I especially like the way you brought in the cuttail to make your point ...which you have not made actually ... The football coaches are just as scientific as athletic coaches and I am sure the world's most popular and richest club has access to relevant information .,.. and they have not tried to change CR
Bolt is a young man who has to watch his words ..it is disrespectful to criticize when you have limited comparative knowledfge about the topic of which you speak.
I wonder if he gave thought to the player he was critisizing ??? the World's best 2008 etc.
I am sure he probably did not realize that he too can be the object of unfair criticism ...he is only the world's best ..just like CR ..
Many sportsmen have been lured into making unwise declarations and even unwise actions and reactions ..Bolt's memory is short ..he is just giving his critics more ammunition to attack him ...if they cant beat him on the track they will beat him off it ..someone should tell him that.

Unless you heard Bolt's statement and can take it in the proper context perhaps it would be unwise to be this critical. You're too quick to condemn without pausing to consider that perhaps the article is written subjectively, i.e. the author has his axe to grind.

1]; } ?>