April 27, 2024, 09:48:20 AM

Author Topic: Big Den's return a timely boost for Crewe  (Read 789 times)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Big Den's return a timely boost for Crewe
« on: April 02, 2009, 11:19:52 AM »
Big Den's return a timely boost for Crewe
crewealex.net

Clayton Donaldson has told crewealex.net that the Railwaymen will receive a huge boost if Dennis Lawrence returns from International duty unscathed to face Swindon at the weekend. Lawrence, who has featured in Trinidad and Tobago's last two World Cup qualifiers against Honduras and the United States is set to join up with his Crewe team-mates at the team hotel tomorrow.

Lawrence, 34, is flying back from Tennessee and jet lag permitting will face Swindon this weekend.

Donaldson admits that the return of the on-loan Swansea defender will be a welcome boost for everyone following last weekend's disappointing home defeat by Millwall.

Clayton told crewealex.net: "Big Dennis is a huge character in our dressing room. He is very influential and talks to the players before the game and during the game to get you through.

"Dennis has great experience and is an International player. He has captained his country and his return for us can only benefit us. It will be a big bonus to have Big Dennis back for such an important game."
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
Re: Big Den's return a timely boost for Crewe
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2009, 11:24:18 AM »
and i'm quite sure tallest happy to give up de country fuh club football fuh now.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Lawrence committed to Crewe cause
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2009, 09:56:32 PM »
Lawrence committed to Crewe cause 

Lawrence says he was happy to play two games in three days
Dennis Lawrence insists he was more than happy to play for Crewe at Swindon, despite having represented Trinidad and Tobago 72 hours earlier.

The 34-year-old defender helped the Alex to a 0-0 draw on Saturday, their sixth straight away game unbeaten.

Lawrence joined up with the squad on Friday, having been involved in a World Cup qualifier against the USA.

He told BBC Radio Stoke: "I knew the challenge before I left. As long as I'm fit, I'll make myself available."

Lawrence joined Crewe on loan from Swansea in October, and has been a steady influence in the Alex defence since the arrival of new manager Gudjon Thordarson.

"I'm alive and kicking, and as long as I'm playing, I'm enjoying it," said Lawrence.

"I'm looking forward to the final five games, then I'm looking forward to a nice break and a couple of weeks on the beach."

The Alex are two points above the relegation zone with five matches left to play.

Lawrence added: "It's very important that we stay focused and positive, we've got a great chance [of staying up].

"It will come down to who has the most bottle and the most commitment."

bbc

1]; } ?>