May 31, 2024, 09:18:56 PM

Author Topic: Birchall set to cover for Beckham.  (Read 14796 times)

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
Re: Birchall to join Beckham in LA.
« Reply #60 on: May 14, 2009, 03:57:24 PM »
I frighten for him them MLS deals don't last long ... hmm them coaches there ruthless

Tha's if he take up a spot as a 'national player'. I he get sign as discovvery, he have a better chance. Plus, Arena is a decent coach..he not going to be interested in him unless he have a role for him.

Arena would make a good assistant for Latas. As Wim was for Beenie-man.

Dat come like sayin Rafa Benitez would be a good assistant for Bertille St Clair  :o
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
Re: Birchall to join Beckham in LA.
« Reply #61 on: May 14, 2009, 04:37:05 PM »
My wish is for Me Mum to get on a team that will give him pitch time.

I frighten for him them MLS deals don't last long ... hmm them coaches there ruthless

Tha's if he take up a spot as a 'national player'. I he get sign as discovvery, he have a better chance. Plus, Arena is a decent coach..he not going to be interested in him unless he have a role for him.

Arena would make a good assistant for Latas. As Wim was for Beenie-man.
Yeah, Latas would learn plenty from Arena, if he was Arena assistant ;)
but as he is Head Coach, lets see how he does he thing in these next few matches.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2009, 04:43:33 PM by Werklmann »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Birchall set to cover for Beckham.
« Reply #62 on: May 14, 2009, 04:59:31 PM »
The minute Birchall became Trini player clubs started to shun him,he  became a Coventry player after the WC in 2006 and played some games and did quite well in those games that he played.The manager was changed and the incoming manager refused to play him,things steadily got worse.These managers only think about themselves and as someone said,they are "bitter little men",I'll bet if Birchie gives up international football he would find several English clubs,he is good enough for many Championship clubs.

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 14, 2009, 05:48:00 PM »
Before chris came a trini player clubs never even heard off him . Fallout from his caps good or bad should be all gravy for him .

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 14, 2009, 06:05:08 PM »
http://sports.yahoo.com/sow/news?slug=goal_tampt_midfielder_chris&prov=goal&type=lgns

T&T Midfielder Chris Birchall Training With LA Galaxy

Goal.com 1 hour, 28 minutes ago

Trinidad & Tobago international midfielder Chris Birchall is training with the Los Angeles Galaxy. The 25-year-old is under contract to Brighton & Hove Albion, but will be free to leave in July.

"The interest is still there, and hopefully it will eventually go through in July," Birchall told the BBC.

The former Coventry midfielder has over 30 caps for Trinidad & Tobago, including three in the 2006 World Cup.

Besides the proximity to T&T for international matches, Birchall is drawn to the Galaxy because of the presence of David Beckham.

"From what I'm hearing, Beckham will be back in July, Birchall said. "Hopefully if the deal goes through, it would be a privilege to play with him and I can learn a lot from him.

"For Trinidad, and even for Coventry, I've played with some good older pros, and you can only learn off people like that."

Offline The_Ice

• My band, Red Vellum Razorblades ... enjoy :D
  • Hero Warrior
  • RVR guitarist
    • View Profile
    • Red Vellum Razorblades
« Reply #65 on: May 17, 2009, 03:02:00 PM »
any new developments?

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 17, 2009, 03:06:45 PM »
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #67 on: May 17, 2009, 03:25:25 PM »
From what I understand his contract doesn't end until July 1. So you eh go hear no signing news til then.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
VIDEO: Chris Birchall LA Galaxy interview
« Reply #68 on: May 17, 2009, 04:39:27 PM »
The interview with Birchall starts from around the 3rd minute.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/Srmm5clFk_0" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/Srmm5clFk_0</a>
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: VIDEO: Chris Birchall LA Galaxy interview
« Reply #69 on: May 17, 2009, 05:33:51 PM »
The interview with Birchall starts from around the 3rd minute.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/Srmm5clFk_0" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/Srmm5clFk_0</a>

Thanks TMAN
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 17, 2009, 10:47:37 PM »
nice youtube find. i have a feeling Birchy does play better in hot weather places

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 19, 2009, 09:12:50 AM »
Hope Me Mum was ok after the earthquake they had there
Hart for president

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 20, 2009, 08:34:23 AM »
Brighton and Hove Albion have released 14 players in a big end of season clearout.

They include Tommy Fraser,Doug Loft, Adam Hinshelwood and long serving defender Kerry Mayo.Other players released are Kane Louis, Sam Gargan, Kane Wills, Adam Pearson, Dan Royce, Jason Jarrett, Jake Robinson, Sebastien Carole, John Sullivan and Chris Birchall, who may link up with David Beckham at LA Galaxy.

In addition to that, Al Bangura, Calvin Andrew and Gary Borrowdale have all returned to their respective championship clubs.

The club are trying to sign Stockport midfielder Gary Dicker and Cheltenhams Lloyd Owusu on permanent deals with Gary Hart and Andrew Whing set to be offered new contracts.

There has not been a clearance of this magnitude at the Albion for some time and with new signings now almost certain to be made,this shows that boss Russell Slade means business for next season.
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 20, 2009, 11:56:20 AM »
The minute Birchall became Trini player clubs started to shun him,he  became a Coventry player after the WC in 2006 and played some games and did quite well in those games that he played.The manager was changed and the incoming manager refused to play him,things steadily got worse.These managers only think about themselves and as someone said,they are "bitter little men",I'll bet if Birchie gives up international football he would find several English clubs,he is good enough for many Championship clubs.

you not making any sense and contradict your main point by in the same sentence you was trying to make it in, by mentioning how he got a move to Coventry after repping T&T.

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 21, 2009, 02:13:37 PM »
http://www.thisisstaffordshire.co.uk/sport/Football-Vale-old-boy-join-Galaxy-stars/article-1006292-detail/article.html

Football: Vale old boy to join Galaxy of stars
Wednesday, May 20, 2009, 07:30

CHRIS Birchall's last two games were against Hereford and Southend. His next two could be against AC Milan and Barcelona.

The 25-year-old, from Stone, is heading for the LA Galaxy to team up with David Beckham after he was offered a four-year contract by the MLS club.

The deal is officially being mulled over by his agents, but there's no doubt what his answer will be.

"It's a no brainer!" he grinned.

LA Galaxy wanted to sign him from Brighton in April, but the League One strugglers refused to release him from the final weeks of his short-term contract.
Click here for more

Birchall thought his chance had gone, but has been offered the deal after he was invited to train with Galaxy last week.

The MLS season runs through the summer. However, as their transfer deadline closed on April 15, Birchall won't be able to play until it reopens on July 15. That's just in time for their friendlies against Barcelona on July 19 and AC Milan on August 1.

Birchall accepts he won't be LA Galaxy's most famous English right-sided midfielder. But he is looking forward to the chance to play alongside Beckham, who is on loan from Galaxy to AC Milan.

Birchall added: "He's at Milan until their season ends in June, then has two England qualifiers, then has a week's holiday.

"He's eligible to play for LA Galaxy from July 15, the same day I will be. It will be a privilege playing alongside him and, no, I don't think I will be compared to him.

"They have been playing him on the right and want me in the centre, so we won't be competing for a place!"

Beckham will be able to advise Birchall on bringing up a young family in Los Angeles.

Birchall's girlfriend Lucy had their first child three weeks ago, so there will be major upheaval for all concerned as they swap their pad in Newcastle for a place in LA.

Birchall added: "It is nice to be settled in England so it is a bit daunting leaving the country, but Lucy understands."

The midfielder knows the move will generate a little more publicity than his free transfer from Coventry to Brighton in January. But he is used to that, having played in the 2006 World Cup and become the first white man to play for Trinidad and Tobago for 60 years.

He's still proud to represent the country, where mum Jenny was born.

He said: "I walk down the street in Stoke and don't get noticed, but in Trinidad everyone wants to stop and talk. I'm not going to have any problem walking down the street in LA ... unless I'm with David Beckham."
Hart for president

Offline christiano

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Is Cris Birchall playing for Galaxy ?
« Reply #75 on: June 29, 2009, 09:22:09 PM »
Has he already signed ? Is he getting play time ?

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
Re: Is Cris Birchall playing for Galaxy ?
« Reply #76 on: June 29, 2009, 09:40:55 PM »

He is eligible to sign July 1. Couple more days.

Offline big dawg

• Hero Warrior
  • smallest country to ever play in a world cup final
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 29, 2009, 09:43:21 PM »

isnt that the same day beckham comin back too ?
Re-Group, Re-Energize, Return
We'll be back...
I don't know when

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 29, 2009, 10:31:13 PM »

isnt that the same day beckham comin back too ?
I hope he gets in quite a few matches playin with Becks
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 30, 2009, 09:37:51 AM »
can't find an update on the net.

birchie and the rest of the SWs should get on twitter.

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 30, 2009, 09:45:24 AM »

meh friend in mls say we go get news by tomorrow
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 30, 2009, 09:47:24 AM »

Yuh mean on July 1 when they can actually announce his signing?!  Wow daiz ah rell hot piece ah info boi! ::)

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 30, 2009, 01:55:30 PM »
I believe he can only be eligible to play July 15th when the MLS window re-opens.
Hart for president

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 30, 2009, 02:22:15 PM »

Yuh mean on July 1 when they can actually announce his signing?!  Wow daiz ah rell hot piece ah info boi! ::)

steups .... yuh damn jackarse

but is true... i does always tell she everytime she give meh ah scoop... i done get it on dis site..
she making meh shame

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 30, 2009, 03:33:19 PM »
I believe he can only be eligible to play July 15th when the MLS window re-opens.

But he isn't a transfer (not saying yuh wrong, it just doh make sense to me).  He is free agent pick up so he should be eligable from the day he signs.

FF doh geh vex wid me, I jus pointin out the lack of logic in stating the obvious.

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: June 30, 2009, 04:10:12 PM »

But he isn't a transfer (not saying yuh wrong, it just doh make sense to me).  He is free agent pick up so he should be eligable from the day he signs.

FF doh geh vex wid me, I jus pointin out the lack of logic in stating the obvious.

no horrors... i look for dat  ;D

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 01, 2009, 09:28:58 AM »

well i think it has to do with registering players for the next mls window. Similar to a European team signing a player and having to wait for the next Champs. Lg. registration phase for that man to be eligible to participate in that competition.
Hart for president

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 01, 2009, 11:54:37 AM »
Anybody know what type of contract he signed, or if he did as yet? The article said he signed with Coventry for 300,000 pounds in 2006. I'm sure the Galaxy is not paying him that type of income......

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 02, 2009, 10:13:46 AM »

Is tomorrow yet?  :devil:
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: July 02, 2009, 12:11:20 PM »

Is tomorrow yet?  :devil:

I get a text message from she yesterday:

Signed sealed delivered (on July 15 when transfer window opens)

I ent bother to post it ... cuz I eh want licks from Flickin Killa again  ;D

1]; } ?>