April 29, 2024, 02:27:48 AM

Author Topic: Birchall set to cover for Beckham.  (Read 14609 times)

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Presentation College San Fernando
Re: Birchall set to cover for Beckham.
« Reply #30 on: April 09, 2009, 10:19:15 AM »
like blighton supporters doh like birchall?

http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/albion/albionnews/4279058.Albion_plan_talks_on_Birchall_s_future/

e.g. mycatlookslikezamora, Hassocks says...
10:35am Thu 9 Apr 09
Let him go...what an eejit Burchill is. It wasn't that long ago when the Argus was reporting that he was 'begging Adams' for a deal...and he now wants to bog off to LA..let him go, I say he ain't all that!!

Report this post »

wiltshire seagull, DEVIZES says...
11:14am Thu 9 Apr 09
2 posts "mycatlookslikezamor
a", now thats just plain greedy lol. What's Birchall done for us, zero IMO? Let him go as long as BHA get lots of Compensation.

Report this post »

WS, London says...
11:16am Thu 9 Apr 09
What does it say about David Beckham that they see Chris Birchall as a replacement. Ouch!...

probably don't like Trinis ... that man moniker is "My Cat Looks like Zamora"
throw parties, not grenades.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 09, 2009, 10:32:28 AM »
like blighton supporters doh like birchall?

http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/albion/albionnews/4279058.Albion_plan_talks_on_Birchall_s_future/

e.g. mycatlookslikezamora, Hassocks says...
10:35am Thu 9 Apr 09
Let him go...what an eejit Burchill is. It wasn't that long ago when the Argus was reporting that he was 'begging Adams' for a deal...and he now wants to bog off to LA..let him go, I say he ain't all that!!

Report this post »

wiltshire seagull, DEVIZES says...
11:14am Thu 9 Apr 09
2 posts "mycatlookslikezamor
a", now thats just plain greedy lol. What's Birchall done for us, zero IMO? Let him go as long as BHA get lots of Compensation.

Report this post »

WS, London says...
11:16am Thu 9 Apr 09
What does it say about David Beckham that they see Chris Birchall as a replacement. Ouch!...

fleck them , if dey never play him how they suppose to see what he could do. brother get out ah there.
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #32 on: April 09, 2009, 10:42:14 AM »
fleck them , if dey never play him how they suppose to see what he could do.
Again wit dis...

Birchall plays almost every game, either starting or as a sub. Allyuh confusing Brighton with Carlisle, who wasn't giving him a bly.

As for the supporters, that's the way they always react when a player wants to play with someone else. That's how Southampton supporters reacted to KJ leaving. Hell, that's how we react when some eligible foreigner chooses another team. They instantly become a shithound.

If Birchall (or any other player) was truly a shithound and no big loss, they wouldn't even care enough to be angry.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2009, 10:44:46 AM by Gillie Face »

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 09, 2009, 11:56:42 AM »
Again wit dis...

Birchall plays almost every game, either starting or as a sub. Allyuh confusing Brighton with Carlisle, who wasn't giving him a bly.

As for the supporters, that's the way they always react when a player wants to play with someone else. That's how Southampton supporters reacted to KJ leaving. Hell, that's how we react when some eligible foreigner chooses another team. They instantly become a shithound.

If Birchall (or any other player) was truly a shithound and no big loss, they wouldn't even care enough to be angry.

Birchall doesnt play every game. When he does play, he is usually subbed for.
Hart for president

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 09, 2009, 01:18:17 PM »
Again wit dis...

I said he plays almost every game. He's played in 10 out of 13 games. DHW (and several others) somehow think they never play him. They do. Out of those 10 games, he's started 9 times. Sometimes he's subbed off, just like with T&T. The fact remains, he's getting substantial playing time with Brighton.

People getting Brighton tie up with Carlisle where he was mostly out of the team, only on the bench 4 times and get two pigeon sweats.

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 09, 2009, 01:45:38 PM »
one more thing to consider is the matter of money.

allyuh done know how MLS is rip off players who they doh regard as "big names."

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/soccer/mls/2009-salaries.htm

Offline Spoony

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 10, 2009, 10:15:05 AM »
well brighton and hove are crap, they are churlish and mean spirited, let Memum go it is his life, his future and his opportunity.manager at brighton not playing him before T&T,just bitter little men! Free Birchy!  :arguing:

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 10, 2009, 10:39:18 AM »
my cat looks like zamora too
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 13, 2009, 12:33:01 PM »
Again wit dis...

I said he plays almost every game. He's played in 10 out of 13 games. DHW (and several others) somehow think they never play him. They do. Out of those 10 games, he's started 9 times. Sometimes he's subbed off, just like with T&T. The fact remains, he's getting substantial playing time with Brighton.

People getting Brighton tie up with Carlisle where he was mostly out of the team, only on the bench 4 times and get two pigeon sweats.

Both matches over the past weekend hes not even on the bench (not the first time). Dont think hes hurt either.
Hart for president

Offline damiangoal

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 15, 2009, 01:46:42 PM »
I think Birchall needs to find a club where he is playing consistently.  And, why does LA want him only as cover for Beckham? I think Birchall should make the move to MLS only if he can't find better options in the UK.
I totally agree! :applause:

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 15, 2009, 01:56:06 PM »
Again wit dis...

Both matches over the past weekend hes not even on the bench (not the first time). Dont think hes hurt either.
He was listed as ill for the match on Saturday. The one after that, I don't know.

I forgot to mention that 2 out of the 3 games he didn't play, he was struggling with a calf injury. There is no fight-down at Brighton. He gets more playing time than Carlos. I don't see anyone accusing Sunderland of a fight-down.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2009, 01:57:43 PM by Cool Beans »

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 15, 2009, 02:11:46 PM »
Again wit dis...

He was listed as ill for the match on Saturday. The one after that, I don't know.

I forgot to mention that 2 out of the 3 games he didn't play, he was struggling with a calf injury. There is no fight-down at Brighton. He gets more playing time than Carlos. I don't see anyone accusing Sunderland of a fight-down.

He must be an injury-prone player not being on the team sheet so often
Hart for president

Offline Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 16, 2009, 05:18:49 AM »
Which is more beneficial to T&T -
Players playing week-in, week-out at Championship or Dev 1 level...

Or intermittently against the best in the world in the EPL?

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 20, 2009, 01:18:40 PM »
Again wit dis...

Guess he was ill again last weekend. Boy, he must have come down with malaria or something  ::)
Hart for president

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 20, 2009, 01:38:59 PM »
Again wit dis...

Guess he was ill again last weekend. Boy, he must have come down with malaria or something  ::)

You have yet to dispute the facts presented. He was playing regular football at the time of my original post. Mostly as a starter. There was no fight-down or unwillingness to play him. He was not starving for playing time. You de only one still trying to argue that he was.

What's happening now, since the L.A. Galaxy dust-up, who knows? Some supporters seem to think he's keeping himself out on strike while claiming "illness". He doesn't even hang around to watch the games anymore.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2009, 01:41:08 PM by Cool Beans »

Offline takenoprisoners

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Birchall to join Beckham in LA.
« Reply #45 on: May 10, 2009, 06:59:06 AM »

Birchall to join Beckham in LA
Chris Birchall
Chris Birchall played in the 2006 World Cup for Trinidad and Tobago

Brighton's former Coventry and Port Vale midfielder Chris Birchall could be playing alongside David Beckham at Los Angeles Galaxy next season.

Birchall, 25, is training with the American team, with a view to signing a four-year contract in July.

The Trinidad and Tobago international told BBC Radio Stoke: "From what I'm hearing, Beckham will be back in July.

"Hopefully if the deal goes through, it would be a privilege to play with him and I can learn a lot from him."

Birchall added: "For Trinidad, and even for Coventry, I've played with some good older pros, and you can only learn off people like that.

"I heard off my agent that LA Galaxy had been watching me. Playing in games for Trinidad against America, Mexico and other South American teams, it's been a chance for them to scout me.

"The interest is still there, and hopefully it will eventually go through in July."

Birchall started his career with Vale, and shot to prominence when he starred for Trinidad and Tobago in their run to the 2006 World Cup in Germany - their first appearance on football's biggest stage.

He was born in Staffordshire, but was eligible to play for the Soca Warriors because his mother was born in the Caribbean country.

A move to Coventry followed immediately after the tournament, but he did not enjoy a successful spell at the Ricoh Arena, and subsequently was sent on loan to St. Mirren, Carlisle and Brighton.

There's got to be sacrifices, but looking at the bigger picture, it will be well worth it

Chris Birchall on moving to America

He moved to the Withdean Stadium on a deal until the end of the season in January and will be free to find another club during the summer.

"They say it's a glamorous place to live, and the lifestyle is so different to what I'm used to, but I'm going over for the football," said Birchall.

"The hardest thing about the move is that I've just had a newborn son, so having to leave them behind to make a future for them is something that I've got to do.

"In the long run, I think my partner and my little baby boy will come over in about September if the deal goes through in July.

"The time of the deal is the hardest time to accept it, but it's something that I can't turn down. There's got to be sacrifices, but looking at the bigger picture, it will be well worth it."

Beckham, who is currently on loan at AC Milan, is expected to return to LA Galaxy at the end of the Italian season in June.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/8042385.stm

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
Re: Birchall to join Beckham in LA.
« Reply #46 on: May 10, 2009, 07:18:43 AM »
 :salute:
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 10, 2009, 07:25:52 AM »
It' not a done deal yet. I hope he impresses.

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 10, 2009, 07:36:11 AM »
becks want out of LA.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 10, 2009, 08:07:23 AM »
I frighten for him them MLS deals don't last long ... hmm them coaches there ruthless

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 10, 2009, 08:13:40 AM »
I frighten for him them MLS deals don't last long ... hmm them coaches there ruthless

Tha's if he take up a spot as a 'national player'. I he get sign as discovvery, he have a better chance. Plus, Arena is a decent coach..he not going to be interested in him unless he have a role for him.
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Presentation College San Fernando
« Reply #51 on: May 10, 2009, 08:31:34 AM »
I didn't know Birch was involved with a lady friend until the news of the baby .... so ah guess he will have to cross the many birds off the list and enjoy the next best thing - SoCal weather, In n Out burgers and Del Taco.
throw parties, not grenades.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 10, 2009, 09:49:51 AM »

Tha's if he take up a spot as a 'national player'. I he get sign as discovvery, he have a better chance. Plus, Arena is a decent coach..he not going to be interested in him unless he have a role for him.

His game is well-suited for a coach like Arena... he loves tough, defensive midfielders.

Offline mwanasoka

• Hero Warrior
  • Football is played from de neck up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 10, 2009, 01:18:38 PM »
becks want out of LA.

If dis true,here mite B D place 4 him to

flourish & skirt D alleged Cold Shoulder.

Wid he hussle,he futty replace Beckham.

We know he tuff,hungry,ready tuh impress &

have ah rocket off ah right foot.

Cud Beckham drive it like Birchall?    ;D
When the power of love overcomes the love of power,the world will know peace.

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 10, 2009, 02:01:37 PM »

Arena would make a good assistant for Latas. As Wim was for Beenie-man.
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline Zeppo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Birchall eyes summer Galaxy move
« Reply #55 on: May 11, 2009, 09:02:06 AM »
Birchall eyes summer Galaxy move

Former Coventry midfielder Chris Birchall is hoping to join LA Galaxy this summer after ending the season with League One side Brighton.

The 25-year-old signed a short-term deal with the Seagulls in January but is now a free agent and is currently training with the Galaxy with a view to one day lining up alongside former England captain David Beckham.

(continue)
"Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
- Xavi

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 11, 2009, 09:23:44 AM »
this will be a good move for birch vs. moving to another League 1-2 club.

no signs of him in last week LAG training pix though.

http://thelagalaxy.blogspot.com/

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 14, 2009, 03:32:40 PM »
« Last Edit: May 14, 2009, 03:45:24 PM by Tallman »
Hart for president

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 14, 2009, 03:39:19 PM »
niceness..

also i see they saying yohance marshall is on the disabled list with a knee injury until may 30.. whats that about?

also i must have missed his debut last month. there is an Interview with him on the site talking about his first game.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 14, 2009, 03:50:20 PM »
niceness..

also i see they saying yohance marshall is on the disabled list with a knee injury until may 30.. whats that about?

also i must have missed his debut last month. there is an Interview with him on the site talking about his first game.

Yeh, he has a right MCL sprain. He hasn't played in a league match as yet, his debut was in a U.S. Open Cup game against Colorado Rapids.

The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

1]; } ?>