April 27, 2024, 11:51:51 AM

Author Topic: It's OFFICIAL - LATAPY APPOINTED INTERIM HEAD COACH  (Read 25985 times)

Offline Saywha

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: LATAPY APPOINTED HEAD COACH
« Reply #90 on: April 08, 2009, 02:04:33 PM »
YES!!!! HE IS GONE!!!  :applause: :challenge: :chilling: :clown: :cheers: :wavetowel:
Whew hew!
Good Riddance!

It was just announced on the news Maturana has resigned (more like fired!)

:beermug: :beermug:

Offline daryn

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: April 08, 2009, 02:05:27 PM »
well, all the best to the new coach.

He's always been a hero of mine so I hope that the everyone involved, himself included, give him a fair chance at success.

Offline trinikev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: April 08, 2009, 02:12:15 PM »
Mixed feelings for me.....I happy like pappy that Maturana gone, but i not totally convinced that Latapy is ready for the job as yet. But i guess he cah be worse dan Pacho!

Congrats Latas, hopefully yuh more ready than i give yuh credit for!  :beermug:
I support all Soca Warriors....Red, White and Blacklist

Offline Agent Jack Bauer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: April 08, 2009, 02:14:11 PM »
ah would be happy if ah wasnt hearing bout all dem behind d scenes kakahole moves dem fellas pulling........it go be even worse fuh we own people tuh be sabotaging we WC chances because ah dat whole fren ting........time go tell

Offline davyjenny1

• duaneoconnor-tt.com
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com
« Reply #94 on: April 08, 2009, 02:21:32 PM »
Mixed feelings for me.....I happy like pappy that Maturana gone, but i not totally convinced that Latapy is ready for the job as yet. But i guess he cah be worse dan Pacho!

Congrats Latas, hopefully yuh more ready than i give yuh credit for!  :beermug:

nah! he go be ok  Vranes is good help. If we get to a minimum of 12 pts then and only then i'll give more feedback
stay tun in.
The difference between the possible and
the impossible lies in a person determination.

Your Knowledge is directly related to your potential income.
 http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com

Offline Lower St. John

• It's All About Unity, Togetherness..........
  • Hero Warrior
  • Don't cry as it's over, continue to enjoy it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: April 08, 2009, 02:23:18 PM »
As much as I love Latas, I am not sure if he is ready for this.  In the meantime he has my full support but i will give him the same stick if he does $hit with the team.  

Bye bye Pacho, yuh pull we teeth for so long with out any form of pain killer.  Safe flight back to Colombia.

Blessings
Germany 2006 Was A Lifetime Experience Not To Be Forgotten!!!!!!!!!

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: April 08, 2009, 02:25:13 PM »
CHANGES TO MEN'S SENIOR TEAM TECHNICAL STAFF       

April 8, 2009:  Further to a meeting held on the morning of Wednesday, April 8th, 2009 at the Port of Spain CONCACAF offices wherein the performance and future of the Trinidad and Tobago National Senior Men's Football Team were discussed, the Technical Coaching Staff led by Mr. Francisco Maturana have offered their resignations to the Executive Committee TTFF due to differences in opinions regarding the way forward of the in the FIFA 2010 World Cup Qualification Campaign for South Africa. The resignations were subsequently accepted by the Executive Committee of the TTFF.

The TTFF wishes to thank Coach Francisco Maturana and his technical staff for their service to our nation's football these past months.

TTFF

I wonder what was the difference in opinion.. I wonder what ideas maturana had

D man would recognize an idea if it introduce itself in spanish using dental jargon
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Rodney

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: April 08, 2009, 02:25:53 PM »
Put it this way, since the hex start I have not been convinced that we going SA 2010, so if Lata's fail I ent go be feeling any different than I have been. However, I prefer to have a coach that could speak to the team without needing ah translator and actually have personal knowledge about the players they selecting.

The whole time with Maturana I was never actually sure if he was truely in charge. Success or failure, it's fuh the best in IMHO.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: April 08, 2009, 02:27:05 PM »
hit the wires:

Maturana resigns as manager of Trinidad
By James Fuller, Associated Press Writer

PORT-OF-SPAIN, Trinidad — Manager Francisco Maturana and his staff abruptly resign from Trinidad and Tobago with the team still in contention for next year's World Cup.

The Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation said on Wednesday the staff, led by Maturana, stepped down over "differences in opinion" with the federation's executive committee over the qualifying campaign.

Trinidad was last in the six-team finals in CONCACAF.

Abruptly resign should have been fired at last
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: April 08, 2009, 02:29:47 PM »
And the execution is COMPLETE!

The masses have quenched their thirst for blood for the moment.

Maturana & staff's heads on virtual spears for all and sundry to see as the hordes cheer and shout their approval, their blood lust evident in their frenzied cries!

King Latapy is now on the throne and FINALLY we shall see the last of the likes of Akile Edwards, Anthony Wolfe, Keon Daniel, and Clyde Leon.

Conversely, welcome back Densil Theobald, Silvio Spann, Brent Sancho, Collin Samuel, Hardest, Arnold Dwarika, Andre Toussaint, Avery John, & Cyd Gray.

Qualification for South Africa 2010 is ASSURED!!  All Hail King Latas & Deputy Zoran!

SELAH..... 8)
Niceness palos whoo who  :beermug: A great day I shall drink the blood of the vanquished tonite .

Latas doh f**k up yourself doh 
« Last Edit: April 08, 2009, 02:42:51 PM by Quagmire »

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: April 08, 2009, 02:39:06 PM »
Latapy is interim coach which means by the time we play a next match we may have a replacement coach.

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: April 08, 2009, 02:43:58 PM »
hit the wires:

Maturana resigns as manager of Trinidad
By James Fuller, Associated Press Writer

PORT-OF-SPAIN, Trinidad — Manager Francisco Maturana and his staff abruptly resign from Trinidad and Tobago with the team still in contention for next year's World Cup.

The Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation said on Wednesday the staff, led by Maturana, stepped down over "differences in opinion" with the federation's executive committee over the qualifying campaign.

Trinidad was last in the six-team finals in CONCACAF.

Abruptly resign should have been fired at last

Me and Jack Warner have the same business minds. You cannot fire Maturana because that mean you have to pay out all he money in the contract.  I bet they pressure and gang up on him in an office and have a letter of resignation out with a sharp, ball point pen ready for him to sign. So jack wont have to pay him money if he resigns.  Fuentes and TTFF could put out statement all they want but they was going to fire him.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: April 08, 2009, 02:44:57 PM »
Latapy is interim coach which means by the time we play a next match we may have a replacement coach.

Dat is your understandin of d word interim. Is d TTFF if they wanted Latas as interim d goat should have been fired last wk wed and Latas name interim till dey find a replacement. Now is Latas till JW get a vapse like d vapse he get 2 suffer we wit dat goat.

Offline samo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: April 08, 2009, 02:45:11 PM »
I am a Latas fan, and thought he should be made an assistant coach, not sure if he ready to be Head Coach, but supporting mih own 1000%...

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: April 08, 2009, 02:45:19 PM »
Here's to seeing a more structured approach to team selection.

Good luck Latas!

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: April 08, 2009, 02:45:47 PM »
Congrats to Latas. The ball is now in your court. Good luck.!!!!!

And to Pacho, thanks for trying. The attempt fell short, but say wha!!!!. A lot of people on this web site doh realised that You, Didi and Julio Cesar Uribe(correct me if I am wrong) are the only black coaches from Latin American( a region that produced so much much black players) to carry teams to the WC.Buen Suerte!!!!!!

Offline ann3boys

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: April 08, 2009, 02:46:21 PM »
well, I am happy that we may now have a real chance to qualify...
let's wait and see what happens next.
best wishes to latapy and his team :beermug:
GO T & T - we NEED to win the next matches !! :challenge:

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #107 on: April 08, 2009, 02:46:56 PM »

How much do you think Jack will have to catch his tail to get an WC experienced coach in? You think his reputation isn't starting to hurt him? 'not for any amount of money' kind of thing?

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: April 08, 2009, 02:47:13 PM »
Yeah Babalawo...is just so that TTFF eh have to pay no setta money....I eh care how he go....

GOOD RIDDANCE!!!!
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: April 08, 2009, 02:49:43 PM »
Congrats to Latas. The ball is now in your court. Good luck.!!!!!

And to Pacho, thanks for trying. The attempt fell short, but say wha!!!!. A lot of people on this web site doh realised that You, Didi and Julio Cesar Uribe(correct me if I am wrong) are the only black coaches from Latin American( a region that produced so much much black players) to carry teams to the WC.Buen Suerte!!!!!!

D holiday is Easter not emancipation so save d black pride for then. What he being a black coach in 94 have 2 do wit he bein a goat in 08-09.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: April 08, 2009, 02:50:47 PM »

How much do you think Jack will have to catch his tail to get an WC experienced coach in? You think his reputation isn't starting to hurt him? 'not for any amount of money' kind of thing?

Exactly no serious coach comin and wuk in d abyss dat is d TTFF

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: April 08, 2009, 02:51:35 PM »
Latapy steps in for Trinidad(FIFA.com) Wednesday 8 April 2009

Trinidad and Tobago have accepted the resignation of head coach Francisco 'Pacho' Maturana and his technical staff, following a meeting of the dual-island nation's football authorities on 8 April.

The Colombian tactician, who took over the post last year, was never able to shift into high gear with the Soca Warriors, who became the smallest country to qualify for a FIFA World Cup™ when they reached Germany 2006. He will be replaced, in an interim capacity, by 41-year-old Russell Latapy, who still plays in the national team and was one of Maturana's assistant coaches.

"The TTFF wishes to thank Coach Francisco Maturana and his technical staff for their service to our nation's football these past months," T&T's FA said in a statement.

Latapy was player-coach of Scottish Premier League side Falkirk before stepping down this year to focus on the national team. He is considered one of the country's greatest-ever players alongside teammate Dwight Yorke.

Stints at FC Porto and Glasgow Rangers as a player have him held in high regard in his native land. Latapy will be assisted by successful U-20 boss Zoran Vranes, who recently led the youth team to the FIFA U-20 World Cup Egypt 2009.

Under Maturana, Trinidad failed to find their rhythm in the final round of qualifying in the North, Central American and Caribbean Zone, picking up only two points from three matches and languishing on the bottom of the final six-team 'hexagonal.'

Their next 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa qualifying match is at home to Costa Rica on 6 June, followed by an away clash with Mexico four days later.
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline ProudTrinbagonian

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: April 08, 2009, 02:52:40 PM »
we ent surprised tho are we?
we knew once latas came he would take over....
Mats came on he short term contract, muff around, get paid and leave.  That was the plan all along.

whey boy!

Offline TriniItalian

• Sr. Warrior
  • Never Wait to Procrastinate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: April 08, 2009, 02:58:10 PM »
It Would be nice if the U20 could sweat and train with the senior team at least locally. It would be two-fold bring out fresh talent or rather bring them to another level and also heighten their intensity in that competition cuz yuh know Italy Egypt and Paraguay is horrors. P.S. Why every nation have hot teenagers with big man size sweating senior team and we don't??? any youth man with size in TT IF he get pick does get sent to the defense, I ent seeing no hot mids or strikers doing it at 17-20. and y man only saying latas integral to TT chances of making it? ya'll wanna JUST make it to WC? or have a decent football culture in TT?
A.W.A.T.T. INFORMANT

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: April 08, 2009, 02:59:28 PM »
Amen, Amen and Amen!  Now the praying really begins because the road ahead to SA 2010 is a tough one but we Trinis can do it!
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

Offline slates

• Sr. Warrior
  • Big-up L'Anse Mitan Carenage
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: April 08, 2009, 03:01:58 PM »
Oh lord... carnival com aga-ain...

Well is now we gettin on...
Hennessy like water, cranberry mix wit vodka
Redbull with courvoissier, Weary drinkin alize...

Latas boy, do yuh ting we. Do yuh best.
Toujour Pret!

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Presentation College San Fernando
« Reply #116 on: April 08, 2009, 03:04:20 PM »
thank God interviews will be conducted in English from now on.
throw parties, not grenades.

Offline christiano

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: April 08, 2009, 03:04:39 PM »
As far as i understand , Latas appointment is an interrim one !!!!

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: April 08, 2009, 03:05:03 PM »
well
I hope that RL10 organised his contract REAL GOOD with AJW, as I would not want him to get "JACKED".
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #119 on: April 08, 2009, 03:05:38 PM »
As far as i understand , Latas appointment is an interrim one !!!!

So was Maturana's !!!!

Things are always fluid, we'll see what happens

1]; } ?>