April 24, 2024, 07:46:18 PM

Author Topic: It's OFFICIAL - LATAPY APPOINTED INTERIM HEAD COACH  (Read 25904 times)

Offline lil damo

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: It's OFFICIAL - LATAPY APPOINTED INTERIM HEAD COACH
« Reply #150 on: April 08, 2009, 08:05:33 PM »
Let's revisit this thread in 6 months and see if our football is any better; I doubt it will be because our players are simply not that good. I was a big supporter of Maturana and I think the failing of this team to perform has to do with the players not doing their part and not the coach inability to do his. Again, l can't wait to hear who the next scape goat will be in 6 months.

Offline ian1wason

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: April 08, 2009, 08:11:09 PM »
somehow i am not too excited about it, latapy is rather green to coaching. I would prefer that an experienced coach take the job until after the world cup and latapy take over for a full four years leading to the next world cup....

Offline marcus

• Sr. Warrior
  • BLOOD, SWEAT & TEARS
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: April 08, 2009, 08:32:13 PM »
LATAS first move as player/coach - appoints himself to the starting squad.

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: LATAPY APPOINTED HEAD COACH
« Reply #153 on: April 08, 2009, 08:34:17 PM »
Had we won the El Salv game he might still be employed by the T&T. The main problem I think was his team selection....I wish him well in his future endeavours..

Had he not been employed by T&T we would have won that El Salv game....FACT!

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: April 08, 2009, 09:16:31 PM »
While celebrating a man's lack of success  to bring glory to ones country is not the highest honor nor gloating over the fact that a man lost his job, it may placate fans if we knew that he lost his job over:

1.   "differences in opinion" with the federation's executive committee over the qualifying campaign.
2. The players quit on him
3. the lost all support from most of the S.W. online forum fans

I don't believe that a man goes out to be unsuccessful; that what is being attempted to do is to get bad results. However how could one continue in a job amidst such adverse  conditions? The man did the next noblest thing to do and that is to bail out and save face....

To think now that we have the coming o the messiah  to save TNT football is a bit premature. If Mr. Latapy is unsuccessful, people would say that he was put in a difficult position. We do however  could say that Beenie was in a similar situation and was bale to right a wrong. Only time will tell if Latas could do the same.

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: April 08, 2009, 09:20:32 PM »
Congrats to Latas, once friendship out the way I see T&T doing good in the Hex.  

My only concern is that if things don't work out he will be chastised like Mats, a case of typical Trini mentality.  

So if things doh work out....wha should happen?

The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: April 08, 2009, 09:44:27 PM »
T&T football is the longest running SopaOpera in history. I thought Young andthe Restless was over due but damn.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #157 on: April 08, 2009, 09:51:07 PM »
Now that The Great Corbeaux is gone I have unceremoniously removed my forum signature.

Corbeaux

« Reply #158 on: April 08, 2009, 09:58:03 PM »
Now that The Great Corbeaux is gone I have unceremoniously removed my forum signature.
But he assistant still here   :devil: :devil:

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: April 08, 2009, 11:56:57 PM »
play yuh fitball smalls
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: April 09, 2009, 02:33:12 AM »
Wham tuh allyuh boy!! instead of celebrating we crying! it's like only brown sugar and small mag have any gratitutde on this site or what! ppl was crying for mats demise and now it's here we worrying bout what's next like old ppl.

the bottom line is we got rid of a cancer on our football, and instead of looking @ it in the positive, we worring bout latas ability /inability!

right now i doh care bout the world cup tuh tell yuh the truth! if we make it we make it, and if we don't then we only have JW and pancho tuh blame since dem is who screw we.

i thank God that latas taking over the team, where he could develope the yutes for the next rounds by bringing his experience and know how to the younguns.

fellas talking bout if the magian can, didn't trevor whitmore take over from semoes and beat mexico , honduras, and canada??!!

remember it's 21 points up for grabs and if we get 15 of it we will be in the 3 automatic spots.

PS: latas i know yuh does visit. please don't forget daryl roberts, aurtis whitley , avery john, julius james and cyd gray. thanx. Good luck fardder!                          positive
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline rotatopoti3

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: April 09, 2009, 05:39:42 AM »
I feel iz time for Jack to take d rabbit out of d box and name it John Barnes with Latas as Assistant Coach
Ah say it, how ah see it

Offline fordy

• Hero Warrior
  • give thanks!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: April 09, 2009, 06:32:32 AM »
lawd when i got the news yesterday i was so dam happy!! finally mats gone and hopefully latas could get this team back on track. im wondering how long this "interim" coach title going to hang over latas? is there any time table to select a full time coach? or is it a situation where they going to play a wait and see game with latas? which ever one they choose at least one of the biggest problems on d team is gone. now onto the other major issues!!! :beermug:
football...the one true life experience!!!

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: April 09, 2009, 06:44:51 AM »
Dat is d problem wit all yuh Trinis yes d goat has gone but if dat was d only problem I would b doin cartwheels. Brudder Mats was not d cancer d headgoat who hire he is d cancer and he cancer is d kind dat does take yrs 2 kill yuh. U does go through remission d Don then it come back Mats and hopefully remission again Latas. D CANCER STILL DEYYYYYYYYYYY. We all know hey eh have no cure 4 cancer.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2009, 09:26:18 AM by weary1969 »
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: April 09, 2009, 07:30:25 AM »
Maturana never took tnt seriously...very unprofessional
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: April 09, 2009, 07:42:37 AM »
I heard Jack this morning.Jack say Latapy is the Head Coach.That interim thing is like a probation period.In other words Latapy will be the Head Coach for the Costa Rica game,and that he(Jack) ain't looking for no more coach unless Latas did'nt do well during his INTERIM period. I just hope Latas bring in some experience to help him.
Jack also say we winning at least 4 of the next 7 games. 

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: LATAPY APPOINTED HEAD COACH
« Reply #166 on: April 09, 2009, 07:52:32 AM »

Had he not been employed by T&T we would have won that El Salv game....FACT!

Fact huh?

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline lil damo

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: April 09, 2009, 07:54:24 AM »
Wham tuh allyuh boy!! instead of celebrating we crying! it's like only brown sugar and small mag have any gratitutde on this site or what! ppl was crying for mats demise and now it's here we worrying bout what's next like old ppl.

the bottom line is we got rid of a cancer on our football, and instead of looking @ it in the positive, we worring bout latas ability /inability!

right now i doh care bout the world cup tuh tell yuh the truth! if we make it we make it, and if we don't then we only have JW and pancho tuh blame since dem is who screw we.
i thank God that latas taking over the team, where he could develope the yutes for the next rounds by bringing his experience and know how to the younguns.

fellas talking bout if the magian can, didn't trevor whitmore take over from semoes and beat mexico , honduras, and canada??!!

remember it's 21 points up for grabs and if we get 15 of it we will be in the 3 automatic spots.

PS: latas i know yuh does visit. please don't forget daryl roberts, aurtis whitley , avery john, julius james and cyd gray. thanx. Good luck fardder!                          positive

I don't mean to attack u here bredda but this is the type of scapegoatism that drives me nuts. At what point do we look at the mostly sub par players we have and say it was the players who were not up to the task? I completely disagree that Maturana was the problem with our football, our football is the problem with our football and players are the one on the field playing it; if they are below the standard of the opposition what is Maturana supposed to do about that? go on the field and kick the ball himself? I can't wait for us to start tearing apart the next coach, its the same thing over and over with you folks, criticize, blame, scapegoat, sensationalize everything.

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: April 09, 2009, 08:26:38 AM »

At what point do we look at the mostly sub par players we have and say it was the players who were not up to the task? I completely disagree that Maturana was the problem with our football, our football is the problem with our football and players are the one on the field playing it; if they are below the standard of the opposition what is Maturana supposed to do about that?

Pick the better, tried and true players who were left out of the squad.
Don't sub off men who doin a good job on the field.
Don't bench players becuz they not gettin enough minutes with their club even though yuh play them for 90 mins 3 days ago.
Implement effective, sensible changes in tactics/formations if one ting not working.

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: April 09, 2009, 08:42:53 AM »

Add Trent to that list....

Good Luck Latas.....

(All yuh cayr be pleased eh... every player in Trini have respect for Latas... at this stage and the attitude of our players, who else to contain them)

Offline lil damo

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: April 09, 2009, 08:46:12 AM »

At what point do we look at the mostly sub par players we have and say it was the players who were not up to the task? I completely disagree that Maturana was the problem with our football, our football is the problem with our football and players are the one on the field playing it; if they are below the standard of the opposition what is Maturana supposed to do about that?

Don't bench players becuz they not gettin enough minutes with their club even though yuh play them for 90 mins 3 days ago.
Implement effective, sensible changes in tactics/formations if one ting not working.

Who are the better, tried and true players? Whitley, Sancho, Cyd, Jack Avery, Spann, Samuel? I don't see much of an upgrade over the players that Maturana had used consistently for meaningful matches. Who are these better players you talking about? I hope its not these old guys you talking about bec a good coach knows that these guys had their chance, they've slowed down considerably and will not be here forever. Guys like Samuel and Spann have been brought back numerous times and completely fail to get the job done. Therefore he had to embark on sucession planning and bring in young players and go through the growing pains of developing our sub par talent. But of course what did Maturana know about managing an international football program, we know better of course bec we're the experts  8). And what thanks to we give the only coach committed to developing our local, sup par talent, a big kick in the a**.

I love Trinis.

Everything else you mentioned about substitutions and tactics etc I agree and admit he's made some questionable decisions here and there but please show me a coach that is absolutely perfect and I'll show you a perfect world, it doesn't exist.

For the most part he did an excellent job with tactics, subs and player selection. Like I said, I can't wait to hear us rip Latapy after he doesn't pic our fav players, loses against better opposition and the players simply don't perform despite his best coaching efforts.We'll be right back to our scapegoatism ways.

« Last Edit: April 09, 2009, 08:48:11 AM by lil damo »

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: April 09, 2009, 09:03:02 AM »

Who are the better, tried and true players? Whitley, Sancho, Cyd, Jack Avery, Spann, Samuel? I don't see much of an upgrade over the players that Maturana had used consistently for meaningful matches. Who are these better players you talking about? I hope its not these old guys you talking about bec a good coach knows that these guys had their chance, they've slowed down considerably and will not be here forever. Guys like Samuel and Spann have been brought back numerous times and completely fail to get the job done. Therefore he had to embark on sucession planning and bring in young players and go through the growing pains of developing our sub par talent. But of course what did Maturana know about managing an international football program, we know better of course bec we're the experts  8). And what thanks to we give the only coach committed to developing our local, sup par talent, a big kick in the a**.

I love Trinis.

Everything else you mentioned about substitutions and tactics etc I agree and admit he's made some questionable decisions here and there but please show me a coach that is absolutely perfect and I'll show you a perfect world, it doesn't exist.

For the most part he did an excellent job with tactics, subs and player selection. Like I said, I can't wait to hear us rip Latapy after he doesn't pic our fav players, loses against better opposition and the players simply don't perform despite his best coaching efforts.We'll be right back to our scapegoatism ways.

De donde eres?  Bogota, Medellin, Cali?  Steups
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: April 09, 2009, 09:03:10 AM »
So does this mean Colin Samuel, Julius James, Scott Sealey will be given a fair chance at being selected?
Hart for president

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: April 09, 2009, 09:29:36 AM »
Therefore he had to embark on sucession planning and bring in young players and go through the growing pains of developing our sub par talent.

Thanks for bringing this up.
So why then were Julius James and Darryl Roberts left out?
Maturana doh know one ass.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: April 09, 2009, 09:29:52 AM »
So does this mean Colin Samuel, Julius James, Scott Sealey will be given a fair chance at being selected?

Scott Sealey was never given a fair chance?
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: April 09, 2009, 09:32:47 AM »

Disagree d man had all d time 2 shine in d blacklist era what he do. He had 2 put on pampers after d 1st game in d Digi Cup and there we saw d birth of Jc boi D Roberts. He also got 2 strt when KJ was on paternity leave v Austria. D chances he got did nutten with dem.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Weh-it-is

• Hero Warrior
  • Football is Rhythm. Yeah is Me Hammer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: April 09, 2009, 12:46:37 PM »
I think Latapy is making a mistake by taking the head coach position at this point.  He should have waited until this world cup qualifying campaign is over then take over when there is less pressure and build his program and team from scratch. 

Right now Latapy is jumping into a storm that he may not be able to calm.  The pressure is now on him to produce immediate results with a deficient team he does not have the luxury of time to experiment or make mistakes.  I hope Latapy succeeds in this endeavor because he has been dying to get to this position for a while now and he is the greatest footballer we have ever produced.  But I hope he realizes the the position he has accepted comes with lots of responsibility and lots of criticism.  If he does not get the results and the play of the team does not improve he will be called out for it.

So good luck mister magician.  I wish you nothing but success.  Hopefully the magic you were known for as a player will carry over into your coaching.
One thing i always hear Latas say during an interview when ever his age or on just him coming back to play for trinidad is, I ALWAYS WANTS WHAT IS BEST FOR MY COUNTRY AND I WILL DO ANYTHING TO HELP MY COUNTRY. So yuh cant blame the man for taking de wok because of the situation the team is in. And as it is now IF the man end up taking the team to SA or doing respectful and just falling short its still ah job well done. The man would not have taken the job i think if he know he could not have done better and not look like a total fool in the end...
Blessing....
Who Jah Bless No man Curse.... :beermug:

I not blaming Latapy for taking de job.  I just don't think this is the best set of circumstances for him to be making his head coaching debut.  I want to see Latas succeed as coach for many years to come but at this time the odds are stacked against him.  Like I said I wish him all the best and I will be rooting for his success.

I believe that Latas-Offence along with Zoran-Defence can coach this team to winning record if they understands the simple rules of the game.

1.   Offence starts with your Strikers. Your forwards players must have the capability to pressure the opposing defenses to force bad passes. Cornell Glenn, Daryl Roberts could be assigned to these duties.
2.   Midfield players must understand that if you are not willing to make tackles despite your skill level, you will sit on the bench.
3.   Defense must work together as a unit to break down opposing attacks. One player must make a tackle, not two or three never, it would leave an opposing player open. Man making is another problem, Wing backs must stay with your man, ball watching needs to be work on. To much of it is killing assignments on defence.
4.   Running off the ball is also another issue, to make room for easier attacking game. Low fitness level has alot to do with this lapsing.
5.   The Leadership on the field is another problem. More communication with one or two players on the field who are able to lead or encourage others. Hand signals assigned to change formations, based on opposing team formation or habits during a game from the coach.
6.   Being able to Motivate is a main characteristic one must possess to be a good coach.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2009, 09:01:40 PM by Weh-it-is »
The ball is like a magnet if you continue to knock it…it will attract, and then you can attack.  Get it?

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: April 09, 2009, 12:56:56 PM »
lil damo talkin sense but men crying him down.       latapy is we footballing idol, a demigod even, so i really hope that his tenure in charge of the NT doh end up in shambles.    i feel the expectations some of us have of this man are unrealistic but like the rest of us i hoping that the lil magician could pull some BIG tricks, cause pacho left us in deep mierda

Offline berris

• Hero Warrior
  • TnT ALL TIME GREATEST GOAL SCORER chase dem Jesse
    • View Profile
    • http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/graphics/gallery/football/facup2006/fourthround/upixcup9.jpg
« Reply #178 on: April 09, 2009, 01:02:28 PM »

Agreed ,but who place he was suppose tuh take on de last WC team ?
IN GOD WE TRUST
IN MAN WE BUST
AND WOMAN...WORST !!!

CHASE DEM JESSIE

Offline Savannah boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: April 09, 2009, 01:25:06 PM »
Out go the Dentist, in comes the Magician.  Good luck to the Warriors.  Let we stay focused and may the best players get selected for the team and for their respective roles.  Allyuh guard against padnah thing and carry we to South Africa. 

1]; } ?>