April 25, 2024, 03:05:10 PM

Author Topic: UEFA CL - Liverpool vs Chelsea :08 April 09: 1st Leg  (Read 25627 times)

Offline samo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Liverpool vs Chelsea Thread (14-Apr-09).
« Reply #240 on: April 14, 2009, 02:56:20 PM »
Chelsea show some real heart in de second half... Chelsea all the way....
On the Torres vs Drogba issue, Torres is a forward with some slick touches and real finesse, Drogba, have his touches but is just a different kind of beast... I like Torres,but I would pick Drogba over him....

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: April 14, 2009, 02:57:38 PM »
Big Coach and Big side. Had Ballack scored the fat lady would have ben singing. At this level you have to take chances and put them away. Lesson for T&T - Goalkeepers cant afford to mess up and half chances must count. Barca here we come.

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Presentation College San Fernando
« Reply #242 on: April 14, 2009, 03:02:32 PM »
On the Torres vs Drogba issue, Torres is a forward with some slick touches and real finesse, Drogba, have his touches but is just a different kind of beast... I like Torres,but I would pick Drogba over him....

Case in point.
In setting up Ballack's chance.

People does cry down Drogba and call him diver. He went for a 50/50 ball with Carragher.
Carragher drop a level shoulder on Drogba, who kept his balance and stay up. The outpace Drogba, look up and put the ball on a platter to Ballack.

That one play is everything we could ever dream KJ to be.

throw parties, not grenades.

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: April 14, 2009, 03:04:52 PM »
Quick note on teh Goalkeeping or lack of it.

Man real cry down the Barcelona keeper Valdes for Juninho goal on the freekick versus Lyon. Which I felt discredited Juninho's brilliance on the freekick.

So what now with Chec and Reyna? Awful goalkeeping by both keepers today and both freekick should have been saved IMHO

But so it goes for keepers.

I come to the conclusion that Liverpool players had magnets in dey pocket and that was f**king with the metal plates in Cech head.

That is the only explanation for the rank sh!t he play today.

Offline dwolfman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Malvern Sports Club
« Reply #244 on: April 14, 2009, 03:07:09 PM »

Case in point.

People does cry down Drogba and call him diver. He went for a 50/50 ball with Carragher.
Carragher drop a level shoulder on Drogba, who kept his balance and stay up. The outpace Drogba, look up and put the ball on a platter to Ballack.

He is a diver and a noted drama queen. Perhaps it is because he is a good player that people critisize him for that. People want to see good players play the game, not perform for Broadway. That play you are describing highlights why people "cry down" the man.

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: April 14, 2009, 03:08:15 PM »
Great Game.... I was hoping it stayed 2-0 so Liverpool could get knocked out and have a hangover with their what if's and maybe's and Chelsea to be disappointed with their performance sending them into a mini crisis

but 4-4 was good for the neutral and I enjoyed it

Good show by the EPL

Offline samo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: April 14, 2009, 03:16:59 PM »
 [/quote] He is a diver and a noted drama queen. Perhaps it is because he is a good player that people critisize him for that. People want to see good players play the game, not perform for Broadway. That play you are describing highlights why people "cry down" the man.
[/quote]
As a Chelsea fan, I would not call him a drama queen, maybe a drama princess at times, the real drama queen is Ronaldo, he doh even get touch, but does jump flip and roll like flikking Greg Lougannis

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: April 14, 2009, 03:21:42 PM »

Case in point.

He is a diver and a noted drama queen. Perhaps it is because he is a good player that people critisize him for that. People want to see good players play the game, not perform for Broadway. That play you are describing highlights why people "cry down" the man.

I honestly believe that if he would spend a fraction more of his time playing instead of being a Drama Queen, he could be the top striker in world football.  Just as good an example of the pass he made to Ballack is the actual goal he scored.  Take a look at the replays again and you will see that goal was born out of sheer commitment and it was a play he had no right making.  It caught both the defender and Pepe reina by surprise and why Reina mis-handled the play.  Jamie Carragher is a man dat does give Drogba a real good fight out of all the defenders in the epl.  Today, though, was not a day for DDQ to be denied.  

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: April 14, 2009, 03:22:21 PM »

As a Chelsea fan, I would not call him a drama queen, maybe a drama princess at times, the real drama queen is Ronaldo, he doh even get touch, but does jump flip and roll like flikking Greg Lougannis

Well Fergie "lecture" him yesterday .... not about the diving, just about the drama queen business.
He need him to keep diving to influence the ref tomorrow. That is the only way ManUre could win that game. thief.

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: April 14, 2009, 03:23:02 PM »
[/quote]

[/quote]

I would call him a Drama Queen becuz cronaldo is just a pure little B***H!!  A decent player of a B***H.

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: April 14, 2009, 03:25:43 PM »

Case in point.

That's why he does always punish Liverpuddle. Same thing last year, Rafa try to call him on diving and he destroy liverpuddle.  Hate him, love him, he is the best.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline The_Ice

• My band, Red Vellum Razorblades ... enjoy :D
  • Hero Warrior
  • RVR guitarist
    • View Profile
    • Red Vellum Razorblades
« Reply #251 on: April 14, 2009, 03:30:35 PM »
use ur damn head... hiddink definitely not having chelsea play that shit defence (note that b/c they were forced to attack the game was more open and liverpool wasnt going to give up at all it ended up being a high scoring game) against barca... not that it should be really blamed on the back 4 much tho... but any person who really taking this game into context and arguing that barca going to run over chelsea b/c of this needs a kick in the stones... against different opposition the manager will employ different tactics and remember terry will be back and cole will finally be replaced

giggsy11

« Reply #252 on: April 14, 2009, 03:33:09 PM »
Great match, well done Chelski, hope Barca cut allyuh arse!
So this week Cavaliho was Torres' daddy!
No longer can a match between Chelski and Liverstool be considered shite on a stick.
Great managing by the Fat Spanish Waiter!
Droga is a serial drama transexual
Chelski will have no fullbacks against Barca-Alves will have a field day!
Go United!

Offline samo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: UEFA CL - Liverpool vs Chelsea :08 April 09: 1st Leg
« Reply #253 on: April 14, 2009, 04:36:28 PM »
Imagine a ManUre fan have the gall to call Drogba names, when the biggest gayest drama buller in the world is play for dem... Man I tell you ....

giggsy11

« Reply #254 on: April 14, 2009, 04:41:34 PM »
Imagine a ManUre fan have the gall to call Drogba names, when the biggest gayest drama buller in the world is play for dem... Man I tell you ....

Tisk, tisk-did I strike a nerve, dear chap?

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #255 on: April 14, 2009, 05:12:43 PM »
so de fat lady has sung fuh liverpool.fear not lads,the new season shall b upon us very soon.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: April 14, 2009, 05:41:15 PM »

I cyah believe you even arguing which of the two springboard diving bullas is de bigger bulla...

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: April 14, 2009, 06:24:40 PM »

I cyah believe you even arguing which of the two springboard diving bullas is de bigger bulla...

Gerrard lucky he eh play today - outta sight, outta mind - otherwise he woulda be the third candidate.

giggsy11

« Reply #258 on: April 14, 2009, 07:17:39 PM »

Gerrard lucky he eh play today - outta sight, outta mind - otherwise he woulda be the third candidate.

Yo I will give you a cyber high 5 on that one! Liverstool's team are made up mostly Olympic divers-Riera, Alonso, Lucas, Gerrad 9(head trainer-11 times gold medalist), Macharano,Torres-but leave it tuh Mr. Liverstool fan tuh focus on other teams 'bullars'. Hmmm can you say- 'in the closet'?

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: April 14, 2009, 08:37:17 PM »

Yo I will give you a cyber high 5 on that one! Liverstool's team are made up mostly Olympic divers-Riera, Alonso, Lucas, Gerrad 9(head trainer-11 times gold medalist), Macharano,Torres-but leave it tuh Mr. Liverstool fan tuh focus on other teams 'bullars'. Hmmm can you say- 'in the closet'?

Fella... assuming you are indeed a fella.  I don't bother going back and forth with you because regardless your chronological age, you are a child.  If your mental challenges prevent you from understanding the context within which the comment was made then maybe you should sit out the discussion until you graduate from riding the short bus.

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: April 14, 2009, 08:52:43 PM »
AAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAAAHAHAHAHAHAHA

be sure to watch liverstool self destruct over the next few weeks
 :rotfl:

- very entertaining game though, liverpool went fighting til the end. They deserve props for that, u can never underestimate them.
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

giggsy11

« Reply #261 on: April 14, 2009, 09:16:01 PM »

Fella... assuming you are indeed a fella.  I don't bother going back and forth with you because regardless your chronological age, you are a child.  If your mental challenges prevent you from understanding the context within which the comment was made then maybe you should sit out the discussion until you graduate from riding the short bus.

Hmmm, thanks for sharing some more about yourself/projecting so far you have disclosed-you are a mental midget who has a history of riding on the short bus (still painful?); you are also confused about your sexual orientation ( is that why you don't bother going back and forth?) and your age; last but not least you like to use the forum to reach out to others who may have similar issues. I am sorry to say I am not like you, but like I said it was nice learning some more about you. So I hope in your response to this you can share some more about yourself, ok? PS: Does mommy or daddy know that you share these things about yourself on the computer?

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: April 15, 2009, 09:12:55 AM »
Pepe Reina doh need bulletproof vest, him need bulletproof skin..... bulletproof face, neck, forrid and chin! - copyright Bounty Killer.

Big side is big side.

Where all the men who say letting go Scolari was a mistake?

I can say unequivocally that this side was never coming back from 2 goals down if Big Phil was still at the helm. The belief, the steel and the resilience is back.

I think Chelsea v Barcelona will be alot closer than people making it out to be although the Ashley Cole suspension is a massive problem since that's the side Messi and Alves coming down from and there is no recognized left back replacement in the squad right now. Maybe we could chook Essien there.

But that game should be the final especially given that the other semi-final will be Villareal vs Porto.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: April 15, 2009, 10:02:21 AM »
Pepe Reina doh need bulletproof vest, him need bulletproof skin..... bulletproof face, neck, forrid and chin! - copyright Bounty Killer.

Big side is big side.

Where all the men who say letting go Scolari was a mistake?

I can say unequivocally that this side was never coming back from 2 goals down if Big Phil was still at the helm. The belief, the steel and the resilience is back.

I think Chelsea v Barcelona will be alot closer than people making it out to be although the Ashley Cole suspension is a massive problem since that's the side Messi and Alves coming down from and there is no recognized left back replacement in the squad right now. Maybe we could chook Essien there.

But that game should be the final especially given that the other semi-final will be Villareal vs Porto.

Who actually think Barca-Chelsea not going to be a tight affair? Dat is way too much hype. Last time I check, in recent years Barca has not had the answer against EPL teams late in the competition. And not just one..it's been Liverpool, ManU and Chelsea in recent years. So this semifinal is going to be real tough for the Blaugrana.

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: April 15, 2009, 10:16:20 AM »
barca was out ah form last 2 seasons, but the english teams still showed them much respect, which is the only way to beat baarca. sit deep and counter. the years  b4 chelsea had 2 decent pacy wingers .which  would open barca's lack of speed in defence
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline LondonTrini LFC

• El mejor...
  • Jr. Warrior
  • Rafa is Magic
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: April 15, 2009, 10:26:02 AM »
12 goals over 2 legs... classic stuff....

they will be talking about that game for the next 12 years...
Shut up Sven...

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: April 15, 2009, 11:01:23 AM »
By the way..anyone see the absolutely horrendous defensing by fabio Aurelio in the lead up to Lampard's first goa. I am sure Benitez will let him have it when they review the game. After his freekick goal..dat is what you call balancing your account. Look at 1:49 in when he looks to see where Lampard is, then he just jogs and lets Lampard go free in the box and never reacts..he just jogs will the cross comes to the Chelsea midfielder. Ah mean..I'm I exaggerating, or is this stunningly bad.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pHFr7o-WafQ

giggsy11

« Reply #268 on: April 15, 2009, 11:03:37 AM »
By the way..anyone see the absolutely horrendous defensing by fabio Aurelio in the lead up to Lampard's first goa. I am sure Benitez will let him have it when they review the game. After his freekick goal..dat is what you call balancing your account. Look at 1:49 in when he looks to see where Lampard is, then he just jogs and lets Lampard go free in the box and never reacts..he just jogs will the cross comes to the Chelsea midfielder. Ah mean..I'm I exaggerating, or is this stunningly bad.

Atrocious!

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: April 15, 2009, 11:05:32 AM »

Funny I doh even think any of our defenders would be mentioned in the same breath with him and look at dat shyte!!!

1]; } ?>