April 28, 2024, 07:48:13 AM

Author Topic: Ad in todays papers..Application for National Coaching positions  (Read 2706 times)

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
Ad in todays papers..Application for National Coaching positions
« on: September 22, 2006, 09:26:05 AM »
Forumites,

In todays express pg 54 a full page ad for people interested in coaching all posts from mens national senior team to womens under 17.

To be eligible hear the criteria.

1. Be actively involved in coaching the game of football at an appropriate and/or relevant level with minimum experience of 5 years.

2. Provide at least one certificate of Achievement from a recognised coaching programme or any other form of certification which may be considered acceptable by the Federations Executive Committe.

3. Be able to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.

4. Possess the personal habits, leadership skills and moral character necessary for the position, particularly at youth level.

5. Be willing to co-operate with the National Head Coach and to implement all appropriate instructions he/she may receive from the National Head Coach in accordance with his/her job description.

6. Be prepared to continue his/her service for a pre-determined period, as agreed between the National Head coach and the TTFF, in return for any coaching education assignment or scholarship which may be provided or organized by the Federation.

7. Must have the knowledge of modern football and the ability to present it in a technical, tactical, physical and mental way.

8. Must have the full understanding of how young players develop in all areas of the game.

Send in resume with 2 passport pix .

Now check this....

All the players alyuh find who would make good coach...latapy, yorke, etc.

All the past recycled coaches.

All the wanna bes who hanging on and who hoping for a wuk.

Watch that criteria good and honestly it have few and far between who could satify all the criteria.
I find questions 2,3,4 7 and 8 go give some of them local coaches horrors.

Hence this is why the foreigners have the upperhand.

Either that or they write this ad purposefully to keep the local coaches down...ent alyuh conspiracy theorists go say dat.

But I think the local coaches have to step up they game and improve.

What alyuh say.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2006, 09:28:08 AM by Touches »

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline Mr Fix-it

• Hero Warrior
  • I Love 5 things,my 3 Babies/ManU/Wife in dat order
    • View Profile
Re: Ad in todays papers..Application for National Coaching positions
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2006, 09:29:40 AM »
Yeah de coaches have to put more effort into getting more experience.  How to do that I doh know when you home, but in TO all you have to do is wait till Summer and they have all them programs that you can enroll into to get certs.
"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy

Online Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2006, 09:36:06 AM »
1. Be actively involved in coaching the game of football at an appropriate and/or relevant level with minimum experience of 5 years.

2. Provide at least one certificate of Achievement from a recognised coaching programme or any other form of certification which may be considered acceptable by the Federations Executive Committe.

7. Must have the knowledge of modern football and the ability to present it in a technical, tactical, physical and mental way.

8. Must have the full understanding of how young players develop in all areas of the game.

First of all, who is qualified to assess 7 & 8? Who will do the evaluation and how will it be evaluated?

To me, appropriate and/or relevant level are vague terms. Dey should be more specific.

Dey should also be more specific as to what dey consider a recognised coaching programme or certification.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2006, 10:34:04 AM »
the question is dont we already have a mens senior team coach for the next 4 yrs?

is wim under pressure already??

does beenie want him as an assistant over there as well??

i thnk the entire ad is a propaganda
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2006, 10:38:33 AM »
I am Nominating COOP's for the under 20 job and Gally for the under 17.
 Give Bertille the ladies.

Offline Lightning

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2006, 10:45:52 AM »

2. Provide at least one certificate of Achievement from a recognised coaching programme or any other form of certification which may be considered acceptable by the Federations Executive Committee.

First of all, who is qualified to assess 7 & 8? Who will do the evaluation and how will it be evaluated?

To me, appropriate and/or relevant level are vague terms. Dey should be more specific.

Dey should also be more specific as to what dey consider a recognised coaching programme or certification.

The TD and the Senior Men's Head coach.  In my opinion, areas 7 & 8 are subjective criteria and as such an applicant would be assessed based on their ability to impress the interviewer/panel of interviewers.  If the coach as attained some sort of advanced certification in the last 5years (e.g., UEFA A or B, USSF A, NSCAA premiere, KNVB, etc.,) he should have already demonstrated the ability to handle these items by passing the oral, written and practical tests required to get that certification .  I believe reading, live game and tape critical study  and attending seminars hosted by prominent coaches would help an applicant.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2006, 02:31:49 PM by Lightning »
I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered.

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2006, 11:44:44 AM »
I am Nominating COOP's for the under 20 job and Gally for the under 17.
 Give Bertille the ladies.
        This have to be a joke right! :devil: i've been involved and given a lot of my life to T&T Football,i was not needed then and i don't think i'm needed now,i still love and will support our Football the best way i can,i left T&T because of the treatment i got from it,trust me i don't think things are better now than back then,for me it's scarey nobody have to tell me i know,the same people i left are still there.
       Breds not Coop's.   
« Last Edit: September 22, 2006, 12:10:03 PM by Tallman »

Offline trinbago

• Hero Warrior
  • Warrior For Life !!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2006, 12:33:33 PM »

2. Provide at least one certificate of Achievement from a recognised coaching programme or any other form of certification which may be considered acceptable by the Federations Executive Committee.

The TD and the Senior Men's Head coach.  In my opinion, areas 7 & 8 are subjective criteria and as such an applicant would be assessed based on their ability to impress the interviewer/panel of interviewers.  If the coach as attained some sort of advanced certification in the last 5years (e.g., UEFA A or B, USSF A, NSCAA premiere, KNVB, etc.,) he should have already demonstrated the ability to handle these items.  I believe reading, live game and tape critical study  and attending seminars hosted by prominent coaches would help an applicant.

I don't think it is that vague.....once you are taking seminars and courses you will be up to date on modern techniques in the game as well as how to deal with youths...
Plus this is not an RFP where you need to be very detailed in the Ad, they can sort out if somone has these skillz specifically during the interviewing process.
Also...I don't think it is weeding out local coaches.....what it is doing is saying we are an equal oppurtunity employer (no jokes please) and once you have these set of skills and certs you can apply, it introduces a standard to our football, and it is not even asking for a  high standard,,,it appears any level of certification will work....but we need to start somewhere....we need to set a standard if you want a standard  of football.

Warrior For Life !!

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2006, 02:41:16 PM »
Touches I go send in my Resume

I should surely get the work,

I is the man who invent Coaching over the internet!

It have nothing more modern that that!

Hopefully I go get a lil break through!

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2006, 06:18:40 PM »
I think satisfying #7  is like continuing education for nurses etc.  Once you showyou continually taking refresher courses etc, you safe.

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2006, 08:52:59 AM »
the question is dont we already have a mens senior team coach for the next 4 yrs?

is wim under pressure already??

does beenie want him as an assistant over there as well??

i thnk the entire ad is a propaganda
Nah man. I think they just looking for assistant coaches to work within the existing setup.
Hasn't it been said here before that we should get some of the local coaches to work with Beenie/Wim so that they can improve there coaching skills (the locals that is).

But I think the local coaches have to step up they game and improve.
I agree with that. And this is a good opportunity.
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline ABTrini

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2023, 07:45:05 AM »
Looks like we have to recycle this  ad again? since 2006

1]; } ?>