March 28, 2024, 06:02:29 PM

Author Topic: Changes to men's senior team technical staff‏.  (Read 3879 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Changes to men's senior team technical staff‏.
« on: April 08, 2009, 02:58:02 PM »
Changes to men's senior team technical staff‏.
By: Shaun Fuentes (TTFF).

Further to a meeting held on the morning of Wednesday, April 8th, 2009 at the Port of Spain CONCACAF offices where in the performance and future of the Trinidad and Tobago National Senior Men's Football Team were discussed, the Technical Coaching Staff led by Mr. Francisco Maturana have offered their resignations to the Executive Committee of the TTFF due to differences in opinions regarding the way forward in the FIFA 2010 World Cup Qualification Campaign for South Africa.

The resignations were subsequently accepted by the Executive Committee of the TTFF. The TTFF wishes to thank Coach Francisco Maturana and his technical staff for their service to our nation's football these past months.

In the meantime, as an interim measure, the Trinidad & Tobago National Senior team will be coached by Mr Russell Latapy assisted by Mr Zoran Vranes, successful Coach of the National U 20 team. Trinidad and Tobago's next 2010 World Cup Qualifying match is at home to Costa Rica on June 6 followed by an away clash with Mexico on June 10 2009.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2009, 03:05:49 PM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
Re: Changes to men's senior team technical staff‏.
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2009, 02:59:27 PM »
its good that latas has zoran as his asst, but i believe warner will bring in another coach, latas needs to build up experience first but i will support him if he remains head coach :beermug: congrats latas

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2009, 03:02:28 PM »
The problem is not the coaches.  It's the players. 
Good luck to Latas all the same.   Success can only add to his legacy but failure won't take away from it.  Not in MY eyes.

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2009, 03:07:19 PM »
Good luck to Latas all the same.   Success can only add to his legacy but failure won't take away from it.  Not in MY eyes.
So Mango, is the problem with the players, that they are not mature enough to take orders from a co-player who has got a promotion over them?
is that the problem?
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2009, 03:28:13 PM »
Latapy responds on being named Head Coach: I'm absolutely delighted with being given opportunity to be coach of my country's national team. - http://twitter.com/cnewslive

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2009, 03:33:30 PM »
So Mango, is the problem with the players, that they are not mature enough to take orders from a co-player who has got a promotion over them?
is that the problem?

No, Ishikawa.  The problem is that we are giving a national senior team head coach unpolished and underdeveloped players and asking him to perform miracles with the resulting team.  The problem is that our players are a product of a culture that looking to go party instead of taking their curfew and their training seriously and pitting them against men who are of various cultures that would kill dey famalee to make it to a WC.   

Hopefully, Latas will be able to overcome those demons and whatever other obstacles he must, to bring out the best in our players.   But for us to be successful at international football, our whole mindset and approach to this game has to change.  Old news.

*edited*
« Last Edit: April 08, 2009, 03:36:14 PM by Mango Chow! »

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2009, 03:38:37 PM »
Hopefully, Latas will be able to overcome those demons and whatever other obstacles he must, to bring out the best in our players.   But for us to be successful at international football, our whole mindset and approach to this game has to change.  Old news.
well, lets ALL contribute in any way possible, so that he is successful.
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2009, 03:39:31 PM »

I fully on board wit yuh on dat, Padnah, but I am also saying what I am in anticipation of all the haters that might want to be talkin' a setta shyte and callin' Latas out he name if he doh show the "instant success" that people would be expecting.  Respek!!  :beermug:

*edited*
« Last Edit: April 08, 2009, 03:41:30 PM by Mango Chow! »

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2009, 03:42:35 PM »
is that the problem?

No, Ishikawa.  The problem is that we are giving a national senior team head coach unpolished and underdeveloped players and asking him to perform miracles with the resulting team.  The problem is that our players are a product of a culture that looking to go party instead of taking their curfew and their training seriously and pitting them against men who are of various cultures that would kill dey famalee to make it to a WC.   

*edited*

Mango Chow, you sounding like you never saw any of the games under Mats! :timeout:
ANY COACH IN THE WORLD is an improvement right now so lets be thankful for small mercies!! :cheers:
« Last Edit: April 08, 2009, 03:44:26 PM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2009, 03:46:52 PM »
is that the problem?

*edited*

Mango Chow, you sounding ike you never saw any of the games under Mats! ANY COACH IN THE WORLD is an improvement right now so lets be thankful for small mercies!!  :timeout: :cheers:

Boss, the problems we have been having in defense and midfield under Maturana, are problems recycled from many unsuccessful campaigns under a host of different head coaches, save but for a few periods of sprinkled success here and there.   Our problem asa footballing nation is much bigger than Maturana, since you're missing my point.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2009, 03:49:14 PM »
Chow,
         I agree with you about the quality of players we have is the problem. They party thing is a red-herring. you think them other players don't party.I just feel that as pros(not 9 to 5 labourers as the players of yester year) they should be doing more to enhance their skills, strenght and stamina. The last game they were outmuscled by an apparently fitter(confidenct) team.

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2009, 04:00:54 PM »
Chow,
         I agree with you about the quality of players we have is the problem. They party thing is a red-herring. you think them other players don't party.I just feel that as pros(not 9 to 5 labourers as the players of yester year) they should be doing more to enhance their skills, strenght and stamina. The last game they were outmuscled by an apparently fitter(confidenct) team.

Deeks, Padnah, dem other players from other countries does party because they done master the aspects of the game necessary to come out and execute at the highest level and they done master it since dey small.  They've been progressively mastering it relative to their age groups and adademic and professional levels all their footballing lives.  So, of course when they come up against a team like ours where they see that, among them, big professionals even like Kenwyne Jones STILL cyah trap a ball properly persistently, dem fellas confidence MUST be sky high. Yuh think them American defenders don't know they could play off KJ and don't necessarily have to pressure him when he receiving a pass knowing he would just lose the ball to them?  KJ doing half their work for them man. 

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2009, 04:02:41 PM »

I fully on board wit yuh on dat, Padnah, but I am also saying what I am in anticipation of all the haters that might want to be talkin' a setta shyte and callin' Latas out he name if he doh show the "instant success" that people would be expecting.  Respek!!  :beermug:
yes our football problem is huge, but I feel we are stuck with him for a very long time.
and for those who dont know who i mean......ajw
« Last Edit: April 08, 2009, 04:12:14 PM by Ishikawa »
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2009, 04:14:51 PM »
is that the problem?

*edited*

Mango Chow, you sounding ike you never saw any of the games under Mats! ANY COACH IN THE WORLD is an improvement right now so lets be thankful for small mercies!!  :timeout: :cheers:

Boss, the problems we have been having in defense and midfield under Maturana, are problems recycled from many unsuccessful campaigns under a host of different head coaches, save but for a few periods of sprinkled success here and there.   Our problem asa footballing nation is much bigger than Maturana, since you're missing my point.

Take win partner! All I know is that today I've heard the best news I've heard for T&T football all year!
I doh know bout u but I come here to get..... good good good news!! (Sing to Blaxx's hit "Tusty")
We were Tusty for some good news and now our thurst has been quenched at least for now!  :cheers:

Btw I am not arguing that Latas is our saviour but I say lets give him a try as ANYONE will be an improvement in my eyes from the Dentist!!
Congrats and all the best to Latas, yuh have my FULL support for now... once the friend thing is kept as a non-factor in your team selections!  :salute:
« Last Edit: April 08, 2009, 04:18:38 PM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2009, 04:29:31 PM »
is that the problem?

*edited*

Take win partner! All I know is that today I've heard the best news I've heard for T&T football all year!
I doh know bout u but I come here to get..... good good good news!! (Sing to Blaxx's hit "Tusty")
We were Tusty for some good news and now our thurst has been quenched at least for now!  :cheers:

Btw I am not arguing that Latas is our saviour but I say lets give him a try as ANYONE will be an improvement in my eyes from the Dentist!!
Congrats and all the best to Latas, yuh have my FULL support for now... once the friend thing is kept as a non-factor in your team selections!  :salute:

Nah, jed, dis is not about me "takin' win."  Latas have my fullest support just like he has yours and I want him and the team to succeed.   I just want our federation to do right by our football.   

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2009, 05:37:18 PM »
Why men backpeddling now? We call for Latas get Latas and now when we get what we want, we hoping JW get another coach. Don't understand that.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2009, 09:43:45 AM »
is that the problem?

*edited*

Mango Chow, you sounding like you never saw any of the games under Mats! :timeout:
ANY COACH IN THE WORLD is an improvement right now so lets be thankful for small mercies!! :cheers:

cosign
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline scooby

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2009, 11:03:39 AM »
we need a coach who understands the culture of the people and can create or enhance the brand of football that is best suited to make the team successful, I think that Russell has the insights and know how to have this done and take the team forward in a positive way provided that he has matured and can put his demons to rest for the betterment of TNT football

Offline dombasil

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2009, 12:15:54 PM »
we need a coach who understands the culture of the people and can create or enhance the brand of football that is best suited to make the team successful, I think that Russell has the insights and know how to have this done and take the team forward in a positive way provided that he has matured and can put his demons to rest for the betterment of TNT football

Don' t get me wrong. I want Latas to succeed.
But you are saying that he has the insights and know how to take the team forward based on him being one of, if not, the best player we ever had and him being the assistant to the reserve coach at Falkirk?

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2009, 12:45:47 PM »
is that the problem?

*edited*

but maybe that sprinkle always occurred when we had a coach who was tactically sound. Mats was not. I hate to see a guy go but he just dont have de skills. Perfect example... Chelsea's performance yesterday. Dem was running like gus threaten dey life or dey mudda or something. We need a coach that can inspire us and organise us to new heights. Im still votin for Bruce Arena with he fruity self but he got skillz to pay the billz.
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline scooby

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 10, 2009, 05:00:24 PM »

« Reply #18 on: Yesterday at 12:15:54 PM » Quote 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote from: scooby on Yesterday at 11:03:39 AM

But you are saying that he has the insights and know how to take the team forward based on him being one of, if not, the best player we ever had and him being the assistant to the reserve coach at Falkirk?

No sir not based on being the best player but being player who has come to distinguish the trini style of play every country must play to there strengths our problem is that we have always tried to play everybody else brand not ours, why do we need to turn to foregin coaches when we have very cable ones right there in TnT, the players already respect latas and know him as he knows them. Once again i stress his biggest challenge will be his own personell demons and his commitment to the improvement to our football can he get past those things will be left to be seen

Offline ABTrini

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 23, 2023, 07:47:01 AM »

« Reply #18 on: Yesterday at 12:15:54 PM » Quote 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote from: scooby on Yesterday at 11:03:39 AM

No sir not based on being the best player but being player who has come to distinguish the trini style of play every country must play to there strengths our problem is that we have always tried to play everybody else brand not ours, why do we need to turn to foregin coaches when we have very cable ones right there in TnT, the players already respect latas and know him as he knows them. Once again i stress his biggest challenge will be his own personell demons and his commitment to the improvement to our football can he get past those things will be left to be seen

we still eh figure out the beat?

1]; } ?>