April 28, 2024, 03:17:53 AM

Author Topic: Question for all forumites  (Read 7783 times)

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
Re: Question for all forumites
« Reply #60 on: April 09, 2009, 01:32:05 PM »
Maturana and staff have reportedly resigned because they felt they did not have the full support of the players.

Do you think it's POSSIBLE that the players "sell out" did not give of their best in de game against de USA and if so, a possible explanation might be in hopes of getting rid of de coach?

Could this be the explanation for such a putrid performance by our allegedly "best" and professional players?

If so, does the ends justify the means?

Thanks.

First of all he eh 'resigned' ...second if yuh really believe de players 'sell out' dey den ah have nice bench by de hollows rong de savanah going cheap cheap ...yuh interested .Come man Palos yuh smarter than this thread .....Oh and before ah go MATURANA IS AH FORKING GOAT ...doh vex is de troot .

Aaaaaaaaahhhh.  Yuh reach.  Ah was wonderin how long it would take yuh...8)

So check meh...same goat was "in charge" when we did play Guatemala in Guatemala.  Weaker team yes...but situation, circumstances, venue, & atmosphere was much more hostile.  Team not jes show FIGHT, but HEART and DETERMINATION.  Dey show dey CLASS.

Contrast dat to Nashville.  Same goat.  Same players fuh de most part.  Except fuh a couple, NO FIGHT.  NO HEART.  NO DETERMINATION in a venue & atmostphere dat was much less hostile but dis time, yuh in de Hex. 

So how come same players, same goat but radically different performances?

Like yuh sharpen yuh 3 canal and waiting fuh meh ... ;D
I have one question fuh yuh ...Did you ever thought the players were 'selling out' or 'sabortaging' before maturana de goat was fired  resigned ?

Never you meh breddrin...yuh know me...I not in de gilpin biznezz... ;D ;D

I doh give a rats ass bout Maurana yuh know...contrary to popular opinion.

What concern me is tryin to find a plausible reason fuh dat "performance" in Nashville.

Nutting wrong wit losin.  Teams and sportsmen does lose all de time.  But capitualtion?  Daz a whole nex story breds.

These are we best players (de foreign base ah torkin bout).  Dem is men who cyah say dem eh know to track back a opposin player.  Dem cyah say dem eh know how to play off de ball.  Dis is de same men who show we dey heart and soul against guatemala in guatemala.

So what can account fuh dat display in nashville?  Goat or no goat....de goat wasn't on de field playin.  De goat wasn't de one lookin like deer in headlights.  De goat wasn't de one runnin round like he mad and whenever he get de ball pass it right back to de opposition.  De goat wasn't de one who mistrap 90% of de game.

I jes lookin fuh a explanation breds.  It cyah ALL be de goat

Ah hope this cud help yuh becuz it right up both ah we alley ...Yuh ever hear ah band blow way de competition semi final night and come final night dey just eh play up to standard ? Arranger count to fast,rythym section was drunk , section leaders pick de right squad only fuh de arranger tuh say dis one and dah one must play ,skaters playing in front ah de judges instead ah de north stand .Choose any one ah dem reasons buh dat doh mean dey 'sell out' or 'sabotage ' ...Now consider Guatemala de semi final and Nashville de final ....Shit happens and it doh help de situation when we have ah GOAT at the helm calling de shots .

So basically, yuh jes sayin it was a off night and Stern was drunk on de field. Arrite den  ;D ;D ;D

Yuh not easy nah  ;D     :rotfl: :rotfl: ...Eh eh ah blame de section leaders fuh picking de wrong squad and den putting dem on de grandstand side tuh play ...yuh know how fork up dem section leaders cud be  ::)  ;D

Fuh real.  Doh tork bout when man dress up and ting in final night outfit only to get DROP on de drag!  ;D
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 09, 2009, 01:54:55 PM »
I haven't seen most of the games under Mats, so I have an honest question. Was the game against the US in Nashville the first time the team looked so poor? Based on comments I've read about previous games, it seems like the team has played like this quite often, but we were getting results. I mean Palos compared the Nashville game to the game in Guatemala. But I saw the game in against the US in Chicago before that Guatemala game, and that was far worse than this imo. I know the team was missing some big players then, but missing quality aside..there was an abject lack of any intensity, hustle and fight fro 90 minutes. We saw more fight in Nashville. I doh think the game in Chicago was an anomoly...sounds like this team has displayed that kinda performance long time now. Difference was the quality of the opposition.

Also, anyone think fatigue had anything to do with it? After all, it was 2 games in 4 days. T&T is not a side that plays anything resembling possession football. We are a team that is constantly chasing the ball and then giving it up too easily. That's ok against mediocre opponents over 90 minutes, but that level of inefficiency will come to haunt yuh against a hard running, physical team like the US, who far better at keeping possession as well...4 days after doing way more running than you would have if you'd played a half decent game on the ball. And the effects of travel on the foreign based had to be kicking in.

lastly..if some players did lose faith in Mats and some of their teammates, this could def. lead to players not giving their maximum as team chemsitry deteriorates. But I'd imagine this is more a result of increased frustration, lack of confidence, lowered ability to battle fatigue...in short..the palyers will give up on each other and themselves more easily, but not necessarily b/c they consciously want to do so. this is especially true when they are physically tired and the legs get heavy and mental lapses start multiplying. just a guess
« Last Edit: April 09, 2009, 01:59:17 PM by Filho »

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 09, 2009, 02:50:55 PM »
I haven't seen most of the games under Mats, so I have an honest question. Was the game against the US in Nashville the first time the team looked so poor? Based on comments I've read about previous games, it seems like the team has played like this quite often, but we were getting results. I mean Palos compared the Nashville game to the game in Guatemala. But I saw the game in against the US in Chicago before that Guatemala game, and that was far worse than this imo. I know the team was missing some big players then, but missing quality aside..there was an abject lack of any intensity, hustle and fight fro 90 minutes. We saw more fight in Nashville. I doh think the game in Chicago was an anomoly...sounds like this team has displayed that kinda performance long time now. Difference was the quality of the opposition.

Also, anyone think fatigue had anything to do with it? After all, it was 2 games in 4 days. T&T is not a side that plays anything resembling possession football. We are a team that is constantly chasing the ball and then giving it up too easily. That's ok against mediocre opponents over 90 minutes, but that level of inefficiency will come to haunt yuh against a hard running, physical team like the US, who far better at keeping possession as well...4 days after doing way more running than you would have if you'd played a half decent game on the ball. And the effects of travel on the foreign based had to be kicking in.

lastly..if some players did lose faith in Mats and some of their teammates, this could def. lead to players not giving their maximum as team chemsitry deteriorates. But I'd imagine this is more a result of increased frustration, lack of confidence, lowered ability to battle fatigue...in short..the palyers will give up on each other and themselves more easily, but not necessarily b/c they consciously want to do so. this is especially true when they are physically tired and the legs get heavy and mental lapses start multiplying. just a guess

Fair enough bro.  :beermug:
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 09, 2009, 02:52:04 PM »
Chicago and Nashville had one constant no real leadership on d field, full stop, dennis didn't take charge or couldn't, ah mean, how come dwight an latas have to be around for ting to happen, dey have to find a leader, somebody to rally d team, an' in both games it din have none ah dat....... it was as plain as day
I pity the fool....

Offline ProudTrinbagonian

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 09, 2009, 02:59:09 PM »
Chicago and Nashville had one constant no real leadership on d field, full stop, dennis didn't take charge or couldn't, ah mean, how come dwight an latas have to be around for ting to happen, dey have to find a leader, somebody to rally d team, an' in both games it din have none ah dat....... it was as plain as day

agreed, but who is the man for the job?
Ince is a boss, but he does just yell...let him just deal with the back 4...
Carlos should be the man up front and the whole field.  A player in the midfield with credentials will make the best leader, that's why dwight and latas good.  Carlos should take on this role...latas pass the torch..yuh cyah do it all
whey boy!

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 09, 2009, 04:54:19 PM »
Maturana and staff have reportedly resigned because they felt they did not have the full support of the players.

Do you think it's POSSIBLE that the players "sell out" did not give of their best in de game against de USA and if so, a possible explanation might be in hopes of getting rid of de coach?

Could this be the explanation for such a putrid performance by our allegedly "best" and professional players?

Thanks.

No facking way....

And in the event that men like Birchie, Stern, Lawrence  were forced to actually do something like what you are asking then I would say it was justified.
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline berris

• Hero Warrior
  • TnT ALL TIME GREATEST GOAL SCORER chase dem Jesse
    • View Profile
    • http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/graphics/gallery/football/facup2006/fourthround/upixcup9.jpg
« Reply #66 on: April 09, 2009, 06:03:39 PM »

Thanks.

First of all he eh 'resigned' ...second if yuh really believe de players 'sell out' dey den ah have nice bench by de hollows rong de savanah going cheap cheap ...yuh interested .Come man Palos yuh smarter than this thread .....Oh and before ah go MATURANA IS AH FORKING GOAT ...doh vex is de troot .

Aaaaaaaaahhhh.  Yuh reach.  Ah was wonderin how long it would take yuh...8)

So check meh...same goat was "in charge" when we did play Guatemala in Guatemala.  Weaker team yes...but situation, circumstances, venue, & atmosphere was much more hostile.  Team not jes show FIGHT, but HEART and DETERMINATION.  Dey show dey CLASS.

Contrast dat to Nashville.  Same goat.  Same players fuh de most part.  Except fuh a couple, NO FIGHT.  NO HEART.  NO DETERMINATION in a venue & atmostphere dat was much less hostile but dis time, yuh in de Hex. 

So how come same players, same goat but radically different performances?

Like yuh sharpen yuh 3 canal and waiting fuh meh ... ;D
I have one question fuh yuh ...Did you ever thought the players were 'selling out' or 'sabortaging' before maturana de goat was fired  resigned ?

Never you meh breddrin...yuh know me...I not in de gilpin biznezz... ;D ;D

I doh give a rats ass bout Maurana yuh know...contrary to popular opinion.

What concern me is tryin to find a plausible reason fuh dat "performance" in Nashville.

Nutting wrong wit losin.  Teams and sportsmen does lose all de time.  But capitualtion?  Daz a whole nex story breds.

These are we best players (de foreign base ah torkin bout).  Dem is men who cyah say dem eh know to track back a opposin player.  Dem cyah say dem eh know how to play off de ball.  Dis is de same men who show we dey heart and soul against guatemala in guatemala.

So what can account fuh dat display in nashville?  Goat or no goat....de goat wasn't on de field playin.  De goat wasn't de one lookin like deer in headlights.  De goat wasn't de one runnin round like he mad and whenever he get de ball pass it right back to de opposition.  De goat wasn't de one who mistrap 90% of de game.

I jes lookin fuh a explanation breds.  It cyah ALL be de goat

Ah hope this cud help yuh becuz it right up both ah we alley ...Yuh ever hear ah band blow way de competition semi final night and come final night dey just eh play up to standard ? Arranger count to fast,rythym section was drunk , section leaders pick de right squad only fuh de arranger tuh say dis one and dah one must play ,skaters playing in front ah de judges instead ah de north stand .Choose any one ah dem reasons buh dat doh mean dey 'sell out' or 'sabotage ' ...Now consider Guatemala de semi final and Nashville de final ....Shit happens and it doh help de situation when we have ah GOAT at the helm calling de shots .

So basically, yuh jes sayin it was a off night and Stern was drunk on de field. Arrite den  ;D ;D ;D

Yuh not easy nah  ;D     :rotfl: :rotfl: ...Eh eh ah blame de section leaders fuh picking de wrong squad and den putting dem on de grandstand side tuh play ...yuh know how fork up dem section leaders cud be  ::)  ;D

Fuh real.  Doh tork bout when man dress up and ting in final night outfit only to get DROP on de drag!  ;D

look ting black holman famous now  :rotfl: :rotfl:
« Last Edit: April 09, 2009, 06:07:37 PM by berris »
IN GOD WE TRUST
IN MAN WE BUST
AND WOMAN...WORST !!!

CHASE DEM JESSIE

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 10, 2009, 03:09:15 PM »

agreed, but who is the man for the job?
Ince is a boss, but he does just yell...let him just deal with the back 4...
Carlos should be the man up front and the whole field.  A player in the midfield with credentials will make the best leader, that's why dwight and latas good.  Carlos should take on this role...latas pass the torch..yuh cyah do it all

Stern is a senior player, Ince, Lawrence are Senior players, who should lead, Akile Edwards and Leon? Hold the Senior men accountable in all facets of the game.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline ann3boys

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 14, 2009, 07:43:20 AM »
this is only without Yorke or Latapy in the middle...for the role of captain
IMHO I do not think Carlos is leadership material- I have seen him lose his cool with his fellow players too quickly. He is not one to rally the younger players- he chooses to chastise them instead.
same for Ince. Don't care how good you are as an individual player- on the field you cannot be seen to be talking down to your fellow players.
I was actually impressed by Stern in the USA game because I saw him move back and forth trying to play that important link position, and trying to marshall the other guys. and you all know it's not easy for Stern to impress me!! ;D
who else - there was some early sign that Theobald would be able to perform the captain role- but recently that's blown away- maybe since the handing over armband scenario - maturana maybe gave him a thorough dressing down or something...anyhow I think since that time he hasn't been at his best.
we'll see what happens with Latapy at the helm -
for those of little faith- I believe Latapy will be able to handle the side to get to SA...
and if we dont't make it- I believe that we will put up a good fight!!! ;D

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 14, 2009, 08:32:25 AM »
this is only without Yorke or Latapy in the middle...for the role of captain
IMHO I do not think Carlos is leadership material- I have seen him lose his cool with his fellow players too quickly. He is not one to rally the younger players- he chooses to chastise them instead.
same for Ince. Don't care how good you are as an individual player- on the field you cannot be seen to be talking down to your fellow players.
I was actually impressed by Stern in the USA game because I saw him move back and forth trying to play that important link position, and trying to marshall the other guys. and you all know it's not easy for Stern to impress me!! ;D
who else - there was some early sign that Theobald would be able to perform the captain role- but recently that's blown away- maybe since the handing over armband scenario - maturana maybe gave him a thorough dressing down or something...anyhow I think since that time he hasn't been at his best.
we'll see what happens with Latapy at the helm -
for those of little faith- I believe Latapy will be able to handle the side to get to SA...
and if we dont't make it- I believe that we will put up a good fight!!! ;D

I dont think carlos is the person either but I have seen SJ throw up his hands or snare or chastise jus as often as Carlos, an' on top ah dat his attitude to d younger/local player seems dat much more disdainful dan carlos, dennis and the rest .............maybe I jus readin d body language wrong, who knows ???
I pity the fool....

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 14, 2009, 01:34:52 PM »
Just listening to Guus Hiddink today on TV. My mind reflected on this thread.
He was asked about his role with Chelsea and the players. He said he was not the instrument of the Chelsea revival, but the players energy and commitment. He then went on to say that if professionals will not play with commitment, then they do not belong at a big club.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline ann3boys

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 15, 2009, 06:10:32 AM »
okay, but then what is the reason for the previous 'lack of energy and commitment' before he came on board?? obviously players are workers for the 'firm' and they will perform best for the coach that respects them and allows them to perform at their best- seems to me like good industrial relations practice
 ;D

1]; } ?>