April 24, 2024, 12:48:54 PM

Author Topic: Manning: No pay cut for me  (Read 2449 times)

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
Manning: No pay cut for me
« on: April 09, 2009, 05:32:41 AM »
Manning claims bigger workload...
‘No pay cut for me’
Richard Lord | 9:59 pm
Published: April 8th, 2009
Prime Minister Patrick Manning says T&T is “more difficult to govern now,” and as a consequence, reducing his salary was not being considered. Manning was asked to comment on a call by Opposition Leader Basdeo Panday to reduce his salary by 50 per cent, after a proposed 15 per cent pay cut by Jamaican Prime Minister Bruce Golding.

“We don’t agree... It is when countries are in difficulties like these (global financial crisis) that you have to work that much harder to be able to bring things around, and that’s the reality of it,” he said. Manning said T&T was “much more difficult now to govern than it would have been when things were running smoothly, so that our output has increased.” Asked if the Government would accept any proposed salary increases from the Salaries Review Commission (SRC) at this time, Manning said: “It was very unlikely that the SRC would make such a recommendation... That’s a political decision.”
On another issue, the appointment of a new Integrity Commission, Manning said he discussed the matter during his meeting with President George Maxwell Richards yesterday.

“Unfortunately, at this time, because of the existing requirements, there are a lot of people who normally would serve in this country (who) are very reluctant to do that,” he said. “Sooner or later, we are going to have to address that issue.” He said he felt “we would get an Integrity Commission not too long from now.” The members of the last Integrity Commission resigned in February, after a High Court ruling. Meanwhile, Panday said up to late yesterday he had not received the promised letter from President Richards on prospective nominees for the commission. Panday said he had a few names he would like to recommend, but could not do so until he received the letter from the President.
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Manning: No pay cut for me
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2009, 05:34:44 AM »
Manning claims bigger workload...
‘No pay cut for me’
Published: April 8th, 2009
We don’t agree... It is when countries are in difficulties like these (global financial crisis) that you have to work that much harder to be able to bring things around, and that’s the reality of it,” he said. Manning said T&T was “much more difficult now to govern than it would have been when things were running smoothly, so that our output has increased.” Asked if the Government would accept any proposed salary increases from the Salaries Review Commission (SRC) at this time, Manning said: “It was very unlikely that the SRC would make such a recommendation... That’s a political decision.”
On another issue, the appointment of a new Integrity Commission, Manning said he discussed the matter during his meeting with President George Maxwell Richards yesterday.

So ah curious. If you doh want pay cut when things good, when you go do it, when things bad??

That bitch making MINIMUM 600 0000 TT dllrs a year, plus benefits. The least he could do is give a portion to charity.

VB

Offline rotatopoti3

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2009, 05:47:25 AM »
That bitch making MINIMUM 600 0000 TT dllrs a year, plus benefits. The least he could do is give a portion to charity

But VB he is the PM of the wealthiest country in the Caribbean and for the huge portfolio he carries, he is actually being underpayed, wont u say?   He is making roughly 5000 pounds a month give or take...is that really alot by todays standards? 
Ah say it, how ah see it

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2009, 05:56:29 AM »
hmm...daz d money he makin?? an engineer wukkin for a multinational oil services company makin at least 2wice dat in ah year easy easy...i aint wanna b no prime minister again nuh..

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2009, 07:04:40 AM »
Maybe you all didn't understand the statement 'at least.'

His total salary as a PM and Mp should be around 720 000 TT dllrs per year. If he is a Minister (I forgot if he is energy Minister) add another 380 000 dllrs to that

Free house and education for his children. Guaranteed pension. Does he pay a transportation, health or food bill? Or is it footed by tax payers.

Thus he is average around 60 - 80 000dollars a month plus perks. You damn right is enough.
Maybe you all forgot this is TT, NOT England or the US. Not even close.

A professional needs to be well paid but at the same time have some shame.

VB

truetrini

« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2009, 08:22:23 AM »

His total salary as a PM and Mp should be around 720 000 TT dllrs per year. If he is a Minister (I forgot if he is energy Minister) add another 380 000 dllrs to that

Free house and education for his children. Guaranteed pension. Does he pay a transportation, health or food bill? Or is it footed by tax payers.

Thus he is average around 60 - 80 000dollars a month plus perks. You damn right is enough.

VB

Are you sure that he can be paid as PM and as a Minister also?  ARE YOU SURE?  Doh be so partisan

truetrini

« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2009, 08:23:00 AM »
And VB are you also sure that the PM does NOT give to charity.....????

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2009, 10:58:40 AM »
Jamaican Prime Minister Bruce Golding didnt build a castle too, so some of your salary should go from the million dollar curtains youh by

Offline Dr. Rat

• Licks Pass!!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2009, 11:46:21 AM »
Patrick, take yuh blasted money.  When Bas and them was in power they rape everything, them greedy bitches.
PNM in yuh mudda-in-law

Offline The_Ice

• My band, Red Vellum Razorblades ... enjoy :D
  • Hero Warrior
  • RVR guitarist
    • View Profile
    • Red Vellum Razorblades
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2009, 03:41:23 PM »
allyuh full of shit eh?trinidad is not the wealthiest nation in the caribbean,at least per capita (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_North_American_countries_by_GDP_per_capita)... we may however have the largest gdp but not my much as of 2008/2009... btw the US president, the president of the wealthiest nation in the world has a salary of US$400,000... uncle patrick could well cut his salary... all the salaries in my household combined dont even reach $750,000 annually and those who r working r holding professional positions... being the leader of a country does not necessitate that u should receive a high salary or one not subject to change relative to economic conditions... he should not behave like those greedy CEOs of failed organisations and keep himself immune to economic crises while others w/in the system suffer.as far as im concerned the whole parliament is a pack of shit covered fags and whores... those who receiving separate salaries outside of the parliament should stepup and volunteer that their salaries be cut... as for manning,if he ever put out his money to charity he would have made sure the whole world knew,he is not a man to keep things like that quite.he loves the limelight.dont dare think im a unc supporter.they full of shit too.but it gives no reason to say b/c they thief manning should play the ass.if manning had half a brain he would have best gotten on the unc's nerves by doing the responsible thing over and over and show the integrity the unc lacked... the most responsible thing for manning to do as far as im concerned if reappoint rowley and then fire karen,colm (tattoo),mr narace,martin joseph,piggot and himself... blasted goat-bullers.
look for manning to leave his executive shoe shining appointment and invade the forums now

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2009, 04:58:54 PM »

VB

Are you sure that he can be paid as PM and as a Minister also?  ARE YOU SURE?  Doh be so partisan

You tell me for a fact that he can't.
If he gives more than 50 thousand a yr to charity, I'll keep quiet.

Panday never ask for no raise. But I'll give Manning credit, he is far smarter than Panday when it comes to bobol. That is until Rowley came along :-)

truetrini

« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2009, 05:13:31 PM »
the man cyar get two pay!  secondly if you have facts on Manning being corrupt pm me...I have people we can talk to to deal with him!

Offline The_Ice

• Hero Warrior
  • RVR guitarist
    • View Profile
    • Red Vellum Razorblades
« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2009, 05:45:01 PM »
i wouldnt say he's corrupt... i doubt anyone outside of his circle has hard proof of that.lol.but he's consistantly irresponsible and too bold abt it... btw is there anything that says he cannot get two separate salaries in such a case?i think it would make sense and manning seems like he might well make sure he getting paid for being the PM and a minister just b/c its more work

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2009, 06:00:07 PM »
MPs who are Minister get two pays, so how you know Manning can't get two for bein an Mp and PM??

VB

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2009, 07:21:22 PM »
MPs who are Minister get two pays, so how you know Manning can't get two for bein an Mp and PM??

VB

all yuh hadda do is appoint another member of the household as minister and u getting another paycheck.   :devil:

You'll forget Manning see some hard times when he was in opposition and had some hefty legal bills to pay.  (now the state pays for all the cases his gov't losing...ALL)
After he put things in place to make sure they set for life u think he going to take a pay cut?  yeah right.

Besides, things not really hard in TnT so it have no real crunch yet.

truetrini

« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2009, 08:08:39 PM »

VB

all yuh hadda do is appoint another member of the household as minister and u getting another paycheck.   :devil:

You'll forget Manning see some hard times when he was in opposition and had some hefty legal bills to pay.  (now the state pays for all the cases his gov't losing...ALL)
After he put things in place to make sure they set for life u think he going to take a pay cut?  yeah right.

yuh acting like de wife eh work?  and its the spoils system in democracies...to the victor gos the spoils...wha is de beef with Manning now?  Like yuh want him appoint Duprey or John or maybe Ganga Singh?

steups...like Panday never appoint he frens  A_A

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2009, 06:40:41 AM »

u see me complaining?  WE collectively are ok with the level of politics in T&T.
I assume her performance as a Minister has been good.  One thing I don't understand is why she didn't run in the last election...it had so many safe seats why go through the back door again?  Is as though he cah handle seeing her taking shots from opponents on the campaign trail.  What other reason it cud have....she wud be a bad MP or he doesn't want her wasting time on that?

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2009, 06:50:10 AM »

VB

yuh acting like de wife eh work?  and its the spoils system in democracies...to the victor gos the spoils...wha is de beef with Manning now?  Like yuh want him appoint Duprey or John or maybe Ganga Singh?

:beermug: :beermug:

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2009, 06:57:19 AM »

VB

Yeah but he was never bold face enough to appoint he wife and ask for a raise for everybody  :rotfl: :rotfl:

truetrini

« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2009, 08:55:03 AM »

VB

Yeah but he was never bold face enough to appoint he wife and ask for a raise for everybody  :rotfl: :rotfl:

Panday wife even have a degree/  Mrs. Manning has  masters degree!  And VB panday brother never get ah bligh/  and he daughter too?  she get sure seat!

Offline The_Ice

• Hero Warrior
  • RVR guitarist
    • View Profile
    • Red Vellum Razorblades
« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2009, 12:34:36 PM »

VB

just b/c one person did it doesnt make it right for others to follow suit... when u in a high position like that u really need to step up... most of manning's ministerial appointments are a load of garbage making little to no sense... explain martin joseph and colm imbert... 2 of the worse... and as far as im concerned, masters or not, hazel was lazy on the job... the education system deteriorated under her and still continues today under the new minister... the unc started it but instead of investing properly in it and remodelling the system efficiently they lay blame on ppl, kept the problems to remind ppl and put shit on top of it

truetrini

« Reply #21 on: April 11, 2009, 12:46:07 PM »
ho-hum.

1]; } ?>