April 20, 2024, 05:18:42 AM

Author Topic: Warner: He's on trial run.  (Read 6314 times)

Offline LondonTrini LFC

• El mejor...
  • Jr. Warrior
  • Rafa is Magic
    • View Profile
Re: Warner: He's on trial run.
« Reply #30 on: April 10, 2009, 10:53:05 AM »
Warner: He's on trial run.
By: Ian Prescott (Express).

But Warner believes there is still a lot of time to get T&T into a better position.

"We are 100 per cent better off than we were four years ago. Four years ago, we had one point, now we have two points, and therefore I have no reason to lose faith or lose hope."

Eh...

Jack might just as well have done dis, months ago, when everybody was callin' for "Mats" to ride out...

Allyuh eh fin' it funny day Sven was fired, but Mats resign?... Mexico really know how to do it oui...

we too nice...

We cyah even do de right things right... buh wha'...  Latas jus' get appointed and already Jack want to use he smartman tactics to undermine de fella... All dis "trial run" nonsense is dotishness oui...

come out and tell de world dat yuh FIRE Maturana in favour of national team stalwart Russell Latapy and really give de man and he crew de life we need nah man...

steups...

When boy??? when we go get it right boy???
Shut up Sven...

Offline Lower St. John

• It's All About Unity, Togetherness..........
  • Hero Warrior
  • Don't cry as it's over, continue to enjoy it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 10, 2009, 12:46:48 PM »
As for some of the other things said... I too am troubled by Jack's emphasis that this is just an interim role and that if necessary someone else will be brought in should Latapy not cut it.  What would you be bringing someone else in for at that point... to turn down the furniture and turn off the lights?  Show over at that point.  The much more astute thing to do is to put your total confidence behind Latas, win or lose... win and the job is his, lose and we focus on 2014, there is absolutely nothing to salvage after two or three games should Latas fail.

Agree 100%.  We should not be focusing only on the next 2-3 games.  What a sad and delusional statement to be made by a football administrator.

The other statement of note is the rift between the local and foreign players.  Can Latas, who in the past inadvertently helped create that rift (by wanting to be seperate and bigger than the local player) now provide healing.

I am still supporting Latas with the hope that he will be still the Head Coach after this 2010 campaign.

Blessing
Germany 2006 Was A Lifetime Experience Not To Be Forgotten!!!!!!!!!

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 10, 2009, 12:49:03 PM »
I magine 3 and 1/2 spot and we struggling big time to qualify. What a sad state of affairs.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Weh-it-is

• Hero Warrior
  • Football is Rhythm. Yeah is Me Hammer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 10, 2009, 02:42:12 PM »
You can never have total confidence," Warner said. "What you can have is hope and you have to have commitment. At the end of the day, Latapy should know more about these players than anybody else because he has lived with them and so on. And it is our belief that we should give him a trial run, so to speak, that is why it is an interim appointment."

If you don’t have total confidence in ah man…why he coaching the team??? HOPE??? From this pragrah we can see that Latas walking on ice per say. Why are these people gambling with the team and the fans?

Warner indicated that the "Little Magician" will have just a few matches to make his mark as head coach before a new appointment is made.

Doing this only hampers the chemistry with the team of not making certain of an official hiring of a coach.

We shall take it from match to match and see what happens," Warner declared.

Match to Match???

Like deh really think this is ah damm joke or ah fet match.

"We struggled to play against Bermuda, remember, that is a team we beat every Monday morning. We went for the Gold Cup and didn't qualify, remember, for the first time in many years. Latapy was not around in those days. So therefore to bring Latapy and talk about intimidation was not fair to either Latapy or Mr Maturana.

So alyuh did know we beating Bermuda every morning but yuh let Maturana stay for how long? Jack Warner it look like you is ah fool and knows nothing about the game of football. Like he is some kind of mad sciencetist. Why experiment?  :o

The ball is like a magnet if you continue to knock it…it will attract, and then you can attack.  Get it?

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 10, 2009, 02:52:18 PM »
Well, I am surprised that we are taken aback by Jack's ultimatum(win 2 games or walk the plank). Like someone mentioned that Jack has never coached and he has always been an admin. man. Only wins that matters to him. Ridiculous!!! Last time around with Beenie-man we had luck on our side. Lets see if the Magic-man has the midas touch

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 10, 2009, 03:11:14 PM »
Like allyuh eh understand the politics yet?

the WC is jack's cash cow! endorsements, package tours, media rights,  sponsorships etc. jack is in no wise willing to lose out on that, on the other hand yuh must remember jack is a product of the old boys club (no shame , no sense!)

an egoist, ah shortsighted fella, a dictator with no kinda logic, strategy, or longterm planning to his pet projects, in other word he's ah right here right now kinda coot.

there are a few reasons i see for latas appointment, one being, jack can't get the coach he wants tuh salvage his campaign BC no reputable coach with a brain would touch him, and time is opon him.

two, latas warned jack about pancho's ability/inability, and told jack before the hex he needs yuh rid him self of pancho ASAP, but jack declines and assures latas that if he (pancho ) messed up in the next three games then he would replace him.

now we're @ the cross roads, which to me was an extremely predictable scenario! mats stayed on as coach and was not fired right after the degicel cup, that, and all the blacklisting crap came home to roost. now jack is in ah panic. he thought he had it all figured out!

he would get a cheap reputable coach tuh take us to SA2010 and he would use the yutes who needs the caps tuh do it,

which would allow him the luxury to continue to blank fellas like sancho and avery and still make it to the big dance without these guys who challenged his authority.

but it all blew up in his face, remember when we barely got out the semi's how he ran and brought back Stern , birchall, latas, cyd, avery.

and when he made it to the hex the coach went back with the yutes, now after the three bad results, he's sure that the local yutes can't cut it as previouly thought.

now he's telling latas bout use any players he wants BC panic set in, and his monies in jumping up in steel band.

look how we seeing Sancho and the gang! what ah short sighted fool! what should've been done first is done last! this man is the epitome of an old trinidadian, no shame , no sense , no vision, just wicked and maniacal!!!

The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 10, 2009, 03:37:24 PM »
If things doh work out fuh Latas, I would love to see him continue for about 1 or 2 years under a coach like Scolari or Rijkard. Klinsman is great choice also, but we all know de situation wid him, i doh see him leaving Bayern tuh come here, especially wid de amount of points we have. However, wid uncle Jack yuh never know who he cud pull out of de hat. How about Sven  :rotfl:, ah just joking wid dat one  :rotfl:. As far as having a good coach, an economical one compared to the list of names I gave, someone dat know dat know de CONCACAF region well and have world cup experience, tuh me it doh get better dan Bruce Arena. HIGHLY BLESSED.
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Money doh change we, we are de money changer. But fool if yuh dis, it will surely be danger. Large up de Enterprise and Alliance every time. KROSS KROSS.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 10, 2009, 03:47:27 PM »
JC your name should be poison dart not just cool!!!!!!!!

Offline marcus

• Sr. Warrior
  • BLOOD, SWEAT & TEARS
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 10, 2009, 03:48:59 PM »
The fact of the matter is Maturana was shite and seemed like he really didnt care. So I glad he gone, at least now it have someone there who know the talent level of the players and will make the right team selection moves.

But to be honest I think latas has to play, we need someone with confidence who can slow up play in the midfield and control the game with the ball at his feet. We give away to many errant passes and which keeps our defense under pressure right thru.

Offline Fantastic

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 10, 2009, 04:27:02 PM »
Bruce Arena?  Arena wouldn't touch Trinidad with a 200 ft pole.
Doh loss yuh head boss

Offline Savannah boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Short Leash for Latapy
« Reply #40 on: April 10, 2009, 10:14:11 PM »
http://www.trinidadexpress.com/index.pl/article_sports?id=161463132

Interesting input from Maturana.  Is dis why Avery, Sancho, Daryl Roberts and Collin Samuel cyah get a bligh? Spann in and out and Scott Sealy always out?
« Last Edit: April 10, 2009, 10:19:13 PM by Savannah boy »

Offline sjahrain

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 11, 2009, 10:42:09 AM »
..Yow Jack I was hoping it was you at the end of your trial run.... :devil:

Offline Savannah boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 11, 2009, 12:33:32 PM »
We doh want no Klinsman. 

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/europe/7974066.stm

You could see Trinis in a meditation room with Budda Statues all over de place.   :rotfl:  On de one hand, he want everybody to relax with his holistic approach to coaching but he have men like Podolski moonwalking outta Bayern cause he cyah take de pressure.  Something not adding up here.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2009, 01:00:40 PM by Savannah boy »

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 11, 2009, 07:21:52 PM »
If he feels he needs the help of the Jabloteh coach, we will do that. Latapy must decide that from his own judgement."

Wow...that is a statement that speaks volumes to me  :devil:...does that mean that Jack would actually have Fenwick be involved in the National team...what a change in thinking..huh ;)

jack the politician

Jack the money grabber who seeing all the millions from tickets and travel SA WC packages going down the drain.....that's all that is. He eh care about football perse.

Cosign. Thanks 2 Mats he done miss d GC $
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 11, 2009, 07:23:33 PM »
..Yow Jack I was hoping it was you at the end of your trial run.... :devil:

Cosign
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: April 11, 2009, 09:40:16 PM »
this is a cacahole statement from jack...poor timing and poor choice of words..
do your best magico

:rotfl: :rotfl:  Big Mag. What can I say. Yuh deep in a crude way but it is obvious dat yuh does get it.

Anyway, Latas all I can say is that you are a real brave fellah to jump into this hornet's nest of backstabbing hypocrites who will praise you today and sh&**t you up de next week as a scapegoat with a "you're fired" ruling after 2 games. It must therefore mean that you are driven by a very deep lofty drive that eh normal and is probably something that we should stand in awe and admire.

Latas, men on this site amazed that you seem fearless and enthusiastic, and as you put it "delighted" to serve. Amazing in truth. There must be something you know that we eh know. But here wah. Good luck padnah. Do yuh ting. Most of all, thank you fuh having de guts!!!!! to do what many would be scared to do especially if dey reputation at stake. And none ah dem have more reputation at stake than you.
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 13, 2009, 12:35:44 PM »
well said Dreamer...yuh know i sit with the magician in a bar in Scotland...and we talk that exact same scenario...
i was warning him...but he driven...
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 13, 2009, 12:53:19 PM »
What is all yu problem,Maturana gone,no Cobeau bran Football,i guess things alright now,buy tickets for SA,i thought Yorke and Latas was always running the team when we win,JW listening to the forum,it's real majic. 

Offline sjahrain

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 13, 2009, 05:20:43 PM »
One bright day it will get better...............

Like right now...... :devil:

From this point forward..... :beermug:

Rastafari

1]; } ?>