April 28, 2024, 08:50:23 PM

Author Topic: U-20 prospects to replace senior team in WCQ's ?  (Read 3979 times)

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
U-20 prospects to replace senior team in WCQ's ?
« on: April 05, 2009, 06:33:19 PM »
If we lose our next 3/4 games in the senior WCQ would it be wise to play our under 20 team for the rest of the tournament or will we get in trouble with FIFA as they might suspect we selling out. ?

In anycase, I am sure we could use a few players from our under 20 side.

If we are short on wing backs and Avery John and Cyd Gray is not favored for what ever reason and we relying on a forward (Wolfe) to play wing back or a Silvio Spann who cant even play for a CONFERENCE side, why not use our two wing backs from our current under 20 team ?

For example, I am sure Akeem Adams will do better than Aklie Edwards in left back and move Aklie in his rightful place, the left wing. Or Leston Paul instead of Clyde Leon in central midfield. Sheldon Bateau, Akeem Adams, Leston Paul, Sean De Silva, Kevin Molino, Daniel Cyrus, Curtis Gonzales, Aubrey David and Robert Primus are very good prospects.

I am also sure these young men will play with more hearts than some of our senior team. And I am also sure they are fitter.
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: U-20 prospects to replace senior team in WCQ's ?
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2009, 07:22:47 PM »
Ent Adams was dey before Edwards?

Buh...good suggestion...blood dem early.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2009, 07:29:47 PM »
only  Adams 'close" to being ready
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Corbeaux

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2009, 08:18:34 PM »
If we lose our next 3/4 games in the senior WCQ would it be wise to play our under 20 team for the rest of the tournament or will we get in trouble with FIFA as they might suspect we selling out. ?

In anycase, I am sure we could use a few players from our under 20 side.

If we are short on wing backs and Avery John and Cyd Gray is not favored for what ever reason and we relying on a forward (Wolfe) to play wing back or a Silvio Spann who cant even play for a CONFERENCE side, why not use our two wing backs from our current under 20 team ?

For example, I am sure Akeem Adams will do better than Aklie Edwards in left back and move Aklie in his rightful place, the left wing. Or Leston Paul instead of Clyde Leon in central midfield. Sheldon Bateau, Akeem Adams, Leston Paul, Sean De Silva, Kevin Molino, Daniel Cyrus, Curtis Gonzales, Aubrey David and Robert Primus are very good prospects.

I am also sure these young men will play with more hearts than some of our senior team. And I am also sure they are fitter.
Good prospect if we lose so many games but some might pick up on the bad habits of the senior team.

Offline Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2009, 05:05:20 AM »
All of these things does sound good in theory, but we would be mad to play our U20 team against the best of CONCACAF, all hungry for a place at the WC in the last half of the HEX.
Big man football is different to yute man football.

I agree that maybe we could give some of them a run-out, but it have to be well thought out before.

Akeem Adams was hailed as the next great thing when he started to get games for the senior team, then he went Kingston and was utterly destroyed in the first half. Coach took him off at half time, nobody knows what sort of impact that has on a young player.
Comapre that to Hyland, he do just the opposite, he step up his game when exposed to higher quality opposition.

Thats why we need to be playing a lot more friendlies between games, not the odd one game.
We may very well have another gem in the U20 team that could step up to senior level. But It will have to be on the left side (defender or midfielder) or a right back. We good in all other areas, once Dwight dont get injured or suspended again.

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2009, 06:31:16 AM »
Lets win our 3/4 games convincingly... make one of the 3 qualification spots and then we could give them a bligh for the latter games.

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2009, 07:26:06 AM »
I think Bateau deserve a chance. He starting at RB for the local league winners and playing impressively for the U-20's and evry national side along the way.

If we have a striker playing rb, he deserve a chance.

You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline makaveli

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2009, 12:38:14 PM »
after the senior team performance on April 1st I say the whole side  :)

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2009, 02:20:35 PM »
We in a sad state if the next level to be groomed for national senior duty is the Under 20s.

Offline Cowen

• Hero Warrior
  • Conquer without risk is to triumph without Glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2009, 02:23:20 PM »
only  Adams 'close" to being ready

Agreed

Anyone who saw the U20 play would agree also ..

:beermug:
Attended Mad Mad University
Studied Madology
Obtained a Mad Mad Degree

Offline ann3boys

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2009, 02:42:50 PM »
After thinking some more on this, I wonder if it is fair to the under 20's to take them out of their training to compete in the WCQ games??? would it interfere with the training to switch coaches and thus methods? especially since maturana doesn't seem to have a method??? I think instead their participation in the Pro league may be a better opportunity for them to play together more- more team clicking would be going on, etc. etc.
am I wrong? we need to be thinking long term, yes?

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2009, 04:27:48 PM »
After thinking some more on this, I wonder if it is fair to the under 20's to take them out of their training to compete in the WCQ games??? would it interfere with the training to switch coaches and thus methods? especially since maturana doesn't seem to have a method??? I think instead their participation in the Pro league may be a better opportunity for them to play together more- more team clicking would be going on, etc. etc.

After reading that you may have a point you dont want Maturanas effect on them but in all sensibility there is no way Maturana will still be there after the April 9th meeting so maybe they will be exposed to a more sensible coach or at least a coach who has some idea of what he is doing. The key thing with exposing these youngsters is getting them accustomed to the physicality factor as well as the speed factor which exposed them at the u17 level when they couldnt match the speed or the runs that the opposing teams were making ...

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2009, 04:42:41 PM »

If any Under 20s were to be used at some point in WCQ it would be one or two..and it would be a good learning exprience for the individuals showing that kind of potential. There is no scenario under which a side comprosing of many Under 20 players should ever play in the Hex. For one, they would be likely be embarrased...and as I mentioned aboved...we are in a sad state if the next level to be groomed, or given a chance at the senior national team are the Under 20s. Even if they are the best known unit, there must be individuals at the Under 23 level, or even older who merit caps before the Under 20 youthmen.

Offline pardners

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2009, 04:53:34 PM »
We in a real delima boy....men on the team either too old and they potential replacements too young :)
"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better."        Every once in while a good post does come along.

Offline sjahrain

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2009, 06:47:04 PM »
If Jack would just stop interfering and get over his politics with having all our players available this sad state of affairs would not be

Then again if my memory is any good did we not go through some drama with the special adviser and the core of the team during the last campaign... ???

Just jokes

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2009, 07:46:51 PM »
I think Bateau deserve a chance. He starting at RB for the local league winners and playing impressively for the U-20's and evry national side along the way.

If we have a striker playing rb, he deserve a chance.

Cosign
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2009, 07:47:53 PM »
after the senior team performance on April 1st I say the whole side  :)

Very tempted 2 cosign but wit goat at d helm cyah do d yutes that.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2009, 11:11:57 PM »
Spidey..its Primus and not bateau that broke into the Jabloteh first team

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2009, 07:41:43 AM »
Spidey..its Primus and not bateau that broke into the Jabloteh first team

As far as I know Bateau was RB and Primus was in the centre of defence. Is both. But I trust you, so maybe I wrong. Who was Jabloteh RB?

Offline john_public

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2009, 09:43:09 AM »
i know curtis playin for de under 20 but i eh see him play, nice to see he name calling as a prospect

big up boyo.  :beermug:

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2009, 12:03:04 PM »
i know curtis playin for de under 20 but i eh see him play, nice to see he name calling as a prospect

U call yuh self a SJ supporter and u eh come 2 c boyo and Glenroy fly d SJ flag high.

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #21 on: April 07, 2009, 12:15:38 PM »
If Jack would just stop interfering and get over his politics with having all our players available this sad state of affairs would not be

Then again if my memory is any good did we not go through some drama with the special adviser and the core of the team during the last campaign... ???

Just jokes

The famous 19 - actually happened after the 2002 WC in 2003. Here's a refresher course:

2003-01-29 Soca Warriors suspended
2003-02-04 Committee set up to resolve footballers' issue
2003-02-06 Time to reclaim our game
2003-02-14 Sancho defends players’ rights
2003-02-20 T&TFF mayhem stirs old warrior
2003-03-01 Ban lifted on ‘rebel’ 19
2003-03-18 Secret oath for Soca Warriors

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 07, 2009, 12:27:57 PM »
"By the power of the internet, He has the power...

E-MAN and Masters of the Internet

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 07, 2009, 04:16:55 PM »
Spidey...Elton John is jab right back last season

Offline john_public

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 12, 2009, 12:11:51 PM »

U call yuh self a SJ supporter and u eh come 2 c boyo and Glenroy fly d SJ flag high.

yea i is a die hard SJ supporter, but seeing i no longer living in trini it kinda hard to come out and see em :beermug:. if u willing to sponser a lil flight it eh no scene to come see em  ;D :angel:

but big up to de SJ boys, boyo is meh bredda so keep yu head up and stick to de training doh leh ppl fight u fam.

so we starting a get JP a ticket from heathrow to pos  ;D

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 12, 2009, 01:27:13 PM »

Just jokes

The famous 19 - actually happened after the 2002 WC in 2003. Here's a refresher course:

2003-01-29 Soca Warriors suspended
2003-02-04 Committee set up to resolve footballers' issue
2003-02-06 Time to reclaim our game
2003-02-14 Sancho defends players’ rights
2003-02-20 T&TFF mayhem stirs old warrior
2003-03-01 Ban lifted on ‘rebel’ 19
2003-03-18 Secret oath for Soca Warriors

Hislop said the enquiry found that the TTFA’s rules had been amended to create a “constitutional dictatorship”.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

1]; } ?>