March 28, 2024, 07:36:05 AM

Author Topic: Interview with Dog after Raith's match on Saturday  (Read 2372 times)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Interview with Dog after Raith's match on Saturday
« on: April 13, 2009, 03:04:06 PM »
CLICK HERE for de video
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
Re: Interview with Dog after Raith's match on Saturday
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2009, 03:13:02 PM »
Thanks Tallest,

I admire the way that man keeps his head up despite all the pull stones in his career.

Best of luck to you Marvin.

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline Father Abraham

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2009, 06:23:29 PM »
a true man of faith. a real inspiration to all.

truetrini

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2009, 06:25:06 PM »
glad he had the necessary faith in a good surgeon

Offline fatimarima

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2009, 06:57:40 PM »
The Big Marv...big inspiration  :beermug:

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2009, 09:12:07 PM »

How u go mock dat?  You couldn't jess let it be.  What u know that he don't know.   >:(
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

Offline PantherX

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2009, 09:48:50 PM »

How u go mock dat?  You couldn't jess let it be.  What u know that he don't know.   >:(

God helps those that help themselves.

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2009, 01:05:39 AM »

Rubbish!!!!!   You have a man like Marvin trying to be an example and live upright for people to see.  The man say he should not be back, but he is.  So in his expression of faith he praise the Lord for that. However, man feel that Marvin's approach was some how flawed and they have a more accomplished interpretation.   PantherX i expect better from you.  I hope the Lord don't put yuh in a situation where you can't help your self. 
I think you need to check the spelling of the guy that wrote the quote at the bottom of your page. I think you meant to write Senna   
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2009, 04:10:03 PM »
In Dog we trust
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

truetrini

« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2009, 04:53:29 PM »

Mock what fella?  Like yuh feel yuh have to defend yuh God or what? steups.

Like ah say ah glad he find real faith and get he surgery or all now he playing days done!  I jes see dayt ah doctor heal he knee..wha wrong with my faith in science?

Offline PantherX

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2009, 04:41:11 PM »

Rubbish!!!!!   You have a man like Marvin trying to be an example and live upright for people to see.  The man say he should not be back, but he is.  So in his expression of faith he praise the Lord for that. However, man feel that Marvin's approach was some how flawed and they have a more accomplished interpretation.   PantherX i expect better from you.  I hope the Lord don't put yuh in a situation where you can't help your self. 
I think you need to check the spelling of the guy that wrote the quote at the bottom of your page. I think you meant to write Senna   

First of all the quote is by the philosopher Lucius Annaeus Seneca

Secondly there hasn't been any issue with Dog's character but rather his wisdom in using prayer to fix a damaged knee (which by the way is not a situation where he couldn't help himself).  It's one thing to have surgery and pray to God for it to be successful and another thing entirely to pray to God to actually do the fixing.  Didn't God put perfectly capable surgeons on this Earth for that very purpose?

I find it hard to believe that God would create man with thinking rational brains and then expect us to call on him/her every time we have a problem.  That view has been a propagated by organized religion throughout the ages and has had more to do with controlling the populace than faith. 

Seneca knew what he was talking about.

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2009, 06:07:32 PM »

First of all the quote is by the philosopher Lucius Annaeus Seneca

Secondly there hasn't been any issue with Dog's character but rather his wisdom in using prayer to fix a damaged knee (which by the way is not a situation where he couldn't help himself).  It's one thing to have surgery and pray to God for it to be successful and another thing entirely to pray to God to actually do the fixing.  Didn't God put perfectly capable surgeons on this Earth for that very purpose?

I find it hard to believe that God would create man with thinking rational brains and then expect us to call on him/her every time we have a problem.  That view has been a propagated by organized religion throughout the ages and has had more to do with controlling the populace than faith. 

Seneca knew what he was talking about.

apparently you don't know who The Almighty God is...Faith is the evidence of things not seen...i dont know why some ppl try to pin down The Almighty God's actions to our 'logical way of seeing things'..its nonsense...
« Last Edit: April 26, 2009, 06:13:30 PM by mukumsplau »

Offline PantherX

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2009, 06:10:20 PM »
I'm not sure that I do but I am very confident that no one knows any better than I do.

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2009, 06:19:46 PM »
I'm not sure that I do but I am very confident that no one knows any better than I do.

na..a good bit of ppl know..and who aint know yet The Almighty God workin on dem...

Offline PantherX

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2009, 06:34:26 PM »
My point is that nobody knows God, what they have is a belief that can never be proven over any another.  If that's what you believe my friend then I respect your point of view.

I don't want this thread to go any further off-topic so I'm done......I'll even let you have the last word ;D

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2009, 07:27:16 PM »
I think Bakes had a lil story that would sum this up well....will see if I could find.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline theworm2345

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2009, 09:52:32 PM »
Since Marvin has returned (he has played 8 matches) Raith has allowed a grand total of two goals and won 7 of 8 :o  :beermug:

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2009, 10:36:50 PM »
Since Marvin has returned (he has played 8 matches) Raith has allowed a grand total of two goals and won 7 of 8 :o  :beermug:

Yep he certainly go b more match fit than plenty peeps. Dey on top of d league and like Rangers of 05 he have dem believing than dey winnin d league and will b promoted 2 Div 1 next season
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

1]; } ?>