April 27, 2024, 02:29:09 PM

Author Topic: Club Brugge opportunity for Lester Peltier  (Read 4272 times)

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Club Brugge opportunity for Lester Peltier
« on: March 15, 2009, 04:14:20 PM »
BY: Randy Bando (TTPro League)

Former Trinidad and Tobago U20 and St Anthony’s College attacker Lester Peltier is after the strong possibility of entering a six month deal with Belgium First Division outfit, Club Brugge KV.

The 20 year old, CLICO San Juan Jabloteh player hailing out of Carenage is expected to leave for Belgium following Trinidad and Tobago’s National Senior Team warm-up match against Panama next Wednesday in which T&T head coach Francisco Maturana has requested his services.

Peltier’s newly acquired agent, Dutchman Greg Orre, is expected to begin negotiations with Jabloteh when he arrives in Trinidad within the next week according to the player. Peltier is still serving out a 3 year contract signed with Pro League champions Jabloteh which have two remaining years.

Once a financial agreement (trasfer fee) is made between Orre and Jabloteh, Lester’s six month deal with Club Brugge will then be finalized pending a fitness test which is due upon arrival in Belgium.

“My best friend (Khaleem Hyland) is over there and he said that it is really interesting to play there. I know I’ll be turning 21 soon and to some it might seem in a bit to old making my (playing) debut in Europe but I’m looking to put my best foot forward into become a professional,” said Peltier, who is closely followed by English Premiership club Portsmouth after a failed work permit application last year.

Hyland, Lester’s former Jabloteh teammate, and also linked to Portsmouth is currently serving a six month loan deal with Belgium First Division club Zulte Waregem.

“I’m hoping that during my stint there (at Club Brugge) I can score some goals, impress the coach and secure a long-term contract.”

Peltier had success over the past few years at Jabloteh from youth to senior team football. In 2007 and 2008 Peltier enjoyed success in the Pro League championship. However the player believes its time to take his career to another level.

“It was good to play at the highest level in Trinidad for the past three years after coming out of school.

“I had a great time at Jabloteh. It was interesting in my three years playing under Terry Fenwick and although I can’t say what the furture holds for me and the club…I can say that I had a really good time playing for the club.”

Peltier was close to completing a reported four year move to Portsmouth in 2007 after trial at the club but couldn’t conclude the deal after failing to obtain a work permit.

Heartbroken over his failure to obtain a work permit with Portsmouth, the Arsenal and Millwall trialist said that he always keep faith that one day his dream of playing in the English Premiership will come true.

Lester is also hoping to secure a place in T&T Senior Team squad in the near future and promises to lift his game.

“Coach (Francisco) Maturana said that I am young and that I am the future of football in Trinidad and Tobago. So I’m hoping that now that I will be playing in Belgium, which is a higher level…it will help me secure a spot on the national team. I am hoping to lift my game a next level and once selected by the coach I will make myself available.”
« Last Edit: March 16, 2009, 05:50:04 AM by Flex »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
Re: Club Brugge opportunity for Lester Peltier
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2009, 04:37:12 PM »
wow.. good stuff.

Brugge is a big club and if he can make an impression, could be a door opener.

do yuh ting Lester.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2009, 04:40:32 PM »
good good
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline gothic

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2009, 05:42:29 PM »
We all know yuh have what it takes

now go out there and show them

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2009, 10:58:31 PM »
wit lester in belgium ah cud finally beat out da gyal

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2009, 05:00:56 AM »
wow.....
good going

best of luck
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline benedicts bwoy

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2009, 05:31:28 AM »

Eh?

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2009, 06:27:09 AM »
Good luck Lester. Jared Jeffrey who is currently in Trinidad for the US under 20 team plays for that club as well.

Lester have some serious speed sah.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2009, 06:46:31 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2009, 07:05:51 AM »
???

Stop typing with a carib bottle in yuh mouth

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2009, 09:44:24 AM »
When de cat away ... blah blah blah ...

MORE IMPORTANTLY:
Yow! Peltier, handle yuh business. Focus and concentration. Best of luck.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2009, 09:46:36 AM by asylumseeker »

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2009, 12:08:35 PM »
Best of luck to the youth...but the article makes very little sense in some parts.

First..I kinda wary of all these reports of T&T players going somewhere before it actually happens...half of these stories end up being inaccurate. Would love for this one to work out and get the report of him having signed.

Second, I've never heard of an agent working out a transfer fee. The two clubs usually have their own evaluation of the player and the two clubs go back and forth on transfer fee. Agents come in during the negotiation of personal terms (possibly including a cut of the tf) once an agreement of the transfer fee is made....right?

Even if for some reason the agent is really working out the fee...I can't see how once that is done, Club Brugge would simply finalize the agreement pending a fitness test. You'd think they'd have to agree with the fee first. Kinda sounds like the 'agent' really works for the club and is working on the fee with Jabloteh on behalf of the Belgian club, or Club Brugge has already stipulated what it's willing to pay, and the agent is going to try to get Jabloteh to agree....which he really wouldn't need to do, unless Jabloteh doesn't agree currently. Just weird imo.

There is also the small issue of personal terms which isn't mentioned.

Brugge is smart too...a 6 month contract means they will own the player through the summer. That is, they won't lose him for free. Standard contracts end in May (from my very limited knowledge...so please correct me if i'm, wrong). This means that if clubs come calling for Lester, he will cost something, cuz by the time he is a free agent, the new season would have already started and teams would have practically filled their roster. In the end, it makes Lester's movements a little tougher in the summer if he looks to make  move by making him more expensive. Then again..could be a legal issue..maybe the minimum length of a permanent contract is 6 months...dunno

Just some observations.....

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2009, 12:13:19 PM »
Best of luck to the youth...but the article makes very little sense in some parts.

First..I kinda wary of all these reports of T&T players going somewhere before it actually happens...half of these stories end up being inaccurate. Would love for this one to work out and get the report of him having signed.

Second, I've never heard of an agent working out a transfer fee. The two clubs usually have their own evaluation of the player and the two clubs go back and forth on transfer fee. Agents come in during the negotiation of personal terms (possibly including a cut of the tf) once an agreement of the transfer fee is made....right?

Even if for some reason the agent is really working out the fee...I can't see how once that is done, Club Brugge would simply finalize the agreement pending a fitness test. You'd think they'd have to agree with the fee first. Kinda sounds like the 'agent' really works for the club and is working on the fee with Jabloteh on behalf of the Belgian club, or Club Brugge has already stipulated what it's willing to pay, and the agent is going to try to get Jabloteh to agree....which he really wouldn't need to do, unless Jabloteh doesn't agree currently. Just weird imo.

Brugge is smart too...a 6 month contract means they will own the player through the summer. That is, they won't lose him for free. Standard contracts end in May (from my very limited knowledge...so please correct me if i'm, wrong). This means that if clubs come calling for Lester, he will cost something, cuz by the time he is a free agent, the new season would have already started and teams would have practically filled their roster. In the end, it makes Lester's movements a little tougher in the summer if he looks to make  move by making him more expensive. Then again..could be a legal issue..maybe the minimum length of a permanent contract is 6 months...dunno

Mike Berry got in hot water over his shady dealings involving transfer fees for Kelvin Jack... taking a cut of the fee for himself.  Supposedly he did the same with Carlos when he was moving from Luton I believe it was.

Even though he got in trouble... I think this shows that the activity isn't all that unusual.

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2009, 02:45:48 PM »

Mike Berry got in hot water over his shady dealings involving transfer fees for Kelvin Jack... taking a cut of the fee for himself.  Supposedly he did the same with Carlos when he was moving from Luton I believe it was.

Even though he got in trouble... I think this shows that the activity isn't all that unusual.

Yeah..I think agents have negotiated a cut of the transfer fee for themselves and/or the player in the past...but I don't think they had much to do with actually determinig the transfer fee - Just in their terms, they may try to work in a % of the fee, whatever it may be. Dunno. Just going by what I've read, but not an expert by any means

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2009, 02:58:09 PM »
Berry's transgression was the taking of $$$ (from the club) outside of the parameters of the regular transaction.

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2009, 07:01:29 PM »
play yuh fitball
yuh fadder go like yuh in belgium....is only pigeon egg yuh bringing back for him...he fadder races pigeons
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2009, 07:02:43 AM »
Cl Brugge is a very big club and this seems like an interesting move if it goes through!!

ah love it!!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2009, 06:57:18 AM »
Any developments !!!
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2009, 07:02:29 AM »
BY: Randy Bando (TTPro League)

Heartbroken over his failure to obtain a work permit with Portsmouth, the Arsenal and Millwall trialist said that he always keep faith that one day his dream of playing in the English Premiership will come true.

Lester is also hoping to secure a place in T&T Senior Team squad in the near future and promises to lift his game.

. I am hoping to lift my game a next level and once selected by the coach I will make myself available.”

Hope he gets that shot !!

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2009, 12:06:18 PM »
Any developments !!!

He going to Belgium on Tuesday.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2009, 04:35:16 PM »
Any news ?

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Peltier on trial at Zulte Waregem
« Reply #21 on: April 30, 2009, 01:36:18 PM »
extravoetbal.be

Zulte Waregem has a countryman of Khaleem Hyland on trial. Lester Peltier is a talented attacker from Trinidad & Tobago. In March he was close to signing a six month contract at Club Brugge.

The 20-year-old Peltier comes from the club Clico San Juan Jabloteh, where he still has a contract for two seasons. In 2007, the former youth international signed an agreement for 4 years with Portsmouth, but the deal could not be achieved because Peltier was not eligible for a work permit. Two years ago he also had a trial at Arsenal.
Toptalent T&T naar Essevee?
extravoetbal.be

Zulte Waregem heeft een landgenoot van Khaleem Hyland op proef. Lester Peltier is een talentvolle aanvaller uit Trinidad & Tobago die in maart nog dicht bij een contract van zes maanden stond bij Club Brugge.

De 20-jarige Peltier komt in zijn thuisland uit voor Clico San Juan Jabloteh, waar hij nog een contract voor twee seizoenen heeft. In 2007 tekende de gewezen jeugdinternational een overeenkomst van 4 jaar bij het Engelse Portsmouth, maar de deal kon uiteindelijk niet doorgaan omdat Peltier niet in aanmerking kwam voor een werkvergunning. Twee jaar geleden doorliep hij ook bij Arsenal een testperiode.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Peltier on trial at Zulte Waregem
« Reply #22 on: April 30, 2009, 01:39:28 PM »
extravoetbal.be

Zulte Waregem has a countryman of Khaleem Hyland on trial. Lester Peltier is a talented attacker from Trinidad & Tobago. In March he was close to signing a six month contract at Club Brugge.

The 20-year-old Peltier comes from the club Clico San Juan Jabloteh, where he still has a contract for two seasons. In 2007, the former youth international signed an agreement for 4 years with Portsmouth, but the deal could not be achieved because Peltier was not eligible for a work permit. Two years ago he also had a trial at Arsenal.
Toptalent T&T naar Essevee?
extravoetbal.be

Zulte Waregem heeft een landgenoot van Khaleem Hyland op proef. Lester Peltier is een talentvolle aanvaller uit Trinidad & Tobago die in maart nog dicht bij een contract van zes maanden stond bij Club Brugge.

De 20-jarige Peltier komt in zijn thuisland uit voor Clico San Juan Jabloteh, waar hij nog een contract voor twee seizoenen heeft. In 2007 tekende de gewezen jeugdinternational een overeenkomst van 4 jaar bij het Engelse Portsmouth, maar de deal kon uiteindelijk niet doorgaan omdat Peltier niet in aanmerking kwam voor een werkvergunning. Twee jaar geleden doorliep hij ook bij Arsenal een testperiode.

Muchas gracias
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline King Deese

• BlackKnights15
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #23 on: April 30, 2009, 01:50:48 PM »
he also played in a 0 - 0 game the other day for waregem and ran the whole 90 minutes. i thought i was seeing things when i saw his name on the team sheet. i wish peltier nothing but the best.
I am the punishment of God...If you had not comitted great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 30, 2009, 01:51:11 PM »
Nice!!!

Offline King Deese

• BlackKnights15
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #25 on: April 30, 2009, 01:53:24 PM »
attulah, you are next just keep your head up.
I am the punishment of God...If you had not comitted great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 30, 2009, 02:24:56 PM »
Nice!!!

Good luck...

but yuh see how they does lie... they make that Brugge deal sound like it was sign seal and delivered de other day
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 30, 2009, 02:44:17 PM »
Nice!!!

Good luck...

but yuh see how they does lie... they make that Brugge deal sound like it was sign seal and delivered de other day

Ent?!!  Buh ah glad fuh him doh.  Hopefully he will impress like KH and keep himself attractive to Pompey and other EPL outfits in the process.  It would also be potentially good for TnT youngsters if they impress which may open up some more doors for others to follow.  We just need to pipe out some more midfielders and defenders though.  We always produce talented forwards but fall short at the other positions.  Funny though how the first thing we does learn to do is beat but we doh produce plenty attractive (to foreign leagues and clubs) mids.

1]; } ?>