April 28, 2024, 09:31:42 AM

Author Topic: Chelsea vs. Barca Thread (28-Apr-09)  (Read 26964 times)

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Presentation College San Fernando
Re: Chelsea vs. Barca Thread (28-Apr-09)
« Reply #30 on: April 16, 2009, 08:42:20 AM »
clearly this is the more entertaining of the two semi-final matchups now that the teams are set.

This is the dream final that UEFA would wish for.
The best team in England and the best team in Spain battling it out for Europe's premier prize.

throw parties, not grenades.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 16, 2009, 08:57:55 AM »
This side will beat Barca.

Petr Cech
Branislav Ivanović, Alex, John Terry, Ashley Cole
José Bosingwa, Michael Essien, Frank Lampard, Florent Malouda
           Nicolas Anelka, Didier Drogba

Subs - Joe Cole, Michael Ballack, John Obi Mikel, Deco, Salomon Kalou, Ricardo Carvalho, Paulo Ferreira, Franco Di Santo, Juliano Belletti and Ricardo Quaresma.

I think Chelsea needs to put pressure on Cech, give de back up keeper a few games and get Chec back into de game.

Lionel Messi, Thierry Henry, Yaya Touré, Carles Puyol, Sylvinho, Xavi and Samuel Eto is realy trouble though.

This go be a big game.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2009, 09:00:55 AM by Sam »
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 16, 2009, 09:19:42 AM »

Petr Cech

Subs - Joe Cole, Michael Ballack, John Obi Mikel, Deco, Salomon Kalou, Ricardo Carvalho, Paulo Ferreira, Franco Di Santo, Juliano Belletti and Ricardo Quaresma.

I think Chelsea needs to put pressure on Cech, give de back up keeper a few games and get Chec back into de game.

Lionel Messi, Thierry Henry, Yaya Touré, Carles Puyol, Sylvinho, Xavi and Samuel Eto is realy trouble though.

This go be a big game.

Bosingwa has been a defensive liability, but on a whole Chelsea's defending has been woeful in the past two games so not sure if it could get any worse than that.

I wouldn't be surprised if Deco get a run out against his former team from the start. He was supposed to be injured, but I see him sweat for Portugal the other day, so I expect him to be ready in two weeks. He could prove the foil to Barca quick counter strikes, because he's the one Chelsea player who can hold the ball skillfully and let others make their runs, whether it's an overlapping Bosingwa, Drogba and Anelka doing their thing up front, or Lampard cutting across the back of the two strikers. I also think Kalou will start ahead of Malouda in this game. Problem is Kalou is hit or miss, so it might just open up the opportunity for Obi Mikel.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 16, 2009, 09:31:11 AM »

Petr Cech

This go be a big game.

Bosingwa has been a defensive liability, but on a whole Chelsea's defending has been woeful in the past two games so not sure if it could get any worse than that.

I wouldn't be surprised if Deco get a run out against his former team from the start. He was supposed to be injured, but I see him sweat for Portugal the other day, so I expect him to be ready in two weeks. He could prove the foil to Barca quick counter strikes, because he's the one Chelsea player who can hold the ball skillfully and let others make their runs, whether it's an overlapping Bosingwa, Drogba and Anelka doing their thing up front, or Lampard cutting across the back of the two strikers. I also think Kalou will start ahead of Malouda in this game. Problem is Kalou is hit or miss, so it might just open up the opportunity for Obi Mikel.

Don't see the point of starting Deco in a game like this.

If Chelsea is going to win this, it won't be by outskillsing Barca or by any form of creativity, magic or individual brilliance.

Its better to play a tight 5 man midfield to stifle Barca's creativity and the supply line (Xavi/Iniesta) to the front 3. Then use their physical advantage in the form of Drogba/Anelka/Ballack on the offensive end to pound Barca into submission. Set pieces will be crucial and the long ball could be effective as Marquez/Puyol have shown to be susceptible. Play to your strengths, use power, pace and intensity.

The biggest problem is that left side of Chelsea's defence. Messi and Alves raiding down that side at Ashley Cole would have been bad enough but he's suspended for the first leg. If Ivanovic plays there, then Essien would have to always be coming back to help him out or it could be a repeat of the Del Horno shambles of years gone by. If I was coach I would even consider taking the chance and put Essien at left back as a buffer and start Obi Mikel in the middle.

For me this is my dream final.

Two of my favorite teams going head to head, although I favor Chelsea slightly for this one, but whatever the outcome I will be backing the winner of this tie to take the whole thing.

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 17, 2009, 08:11:44 AM »
no Bosingwa and Deco tomorrow versus Arsenal: both out with slight hamstring tweeks.
No word on whether they'll be available for the showdown with Barca.

and as much as I like Alves and Barca, he needs to stop talking trash this early:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1171250/Lucky-escape-Barcelona-star-Alves-glad-didnt-sign-Champions-League-rivals-Chelsea.html?ITO=1490

Lucky escape: Barcelona star Alves glad he didn't sign for European Cup rivals Chelsea

By Sportsmail Reporter
Last updated at 2:31 PM on 17th April 2009

Barcelona star Dani Alves has kicked off the Champions League phoney war by insisting he is glad that he missed out on a move to Chelsea.

The Brazil defender, considered by many the best right-back in the world, was the subject of bids from Stamford Bridge before Barca signed him from Sevilla last summer.

And with his club set to meet the west Londoners for a place in the European Cup final, the 25-year-old told Spanish newspaper Marca: 'I was close to signing with Chelsea but luckily it didn't happen and I moved to a team that suits me perfectly

'When I decided to come to Barcelona it was because they were starting a new project. I like challenges in life and Barca had gone two years without winning any trophies.'

Chelsea travel to the Nou Camp for the semi-final first leg on Tuesday, April 28 before the return match at Stamford Bridge eight days later.

Alves said: 'I am convinced that we are going to give people something to speak about, in the Champions League. Barca are always amongst the favourites thanks to their football and their greatness.

Turnaround: Coach Pep Guardiola has transformed Barcelona

'We are a step closer from our target, which is to make the final in Rome. What we must do is achieve a great work at home and then qualify up there. Barcelona are going to be a very tough adversary for Chelsea.'
And the free-kick special has his eye on winning the competition, as well as the Spanish League and Cup with Barca.

'The Treble is a real possibility,' he said. 'Dreams cost nothing. We will see what we can achieve.
'It goes through our heads that we could win nothing. But we must crown this season with titles. If not three, then two. Football is not so unfair that we would win nothing. I'm sure that Barca will get something.'

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 17, 2009, 08:34:46 AM »
he eh really talk no trash. If the man glad he went to barca, then he glad.
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 17, 2009, 09:55:09 AM »
d man get me  behaving like oscar looking 4 thrash.  when there is none to b found
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline breezers

• Hero Warrior
  • he who rise against poor ppl shal perish in d end
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 17, 2009, 10:42:46 AM »
BARCA FUH LIFE!!!! (sung like mavado)  ;D

This victory is gonna be in lovin memory of R10....sweet revenge!!
« Last Edit: April 17, 2009, 10:44:32 AM by breezers »
Soca Warriors, Holland And Barcelona,
BIG BIG TEAMS!!!!

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 17, 2009, 10:52:12 AM »
Chelsea - vs -Arsenal= That is the Final
 Winner- Chelsea.

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 17, 2009, 12:09:46 PM »
Chelsea - vs -Arsenal= That is the Final
 Winner- Chelsea.

imagine that. not just from the same country, but the same city as wel. yawwwwn  ;)

Offline Disgruntled_Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
UEFA CL 1st Leg - FC Barcelona v Chelsea • 28 April 09
« Reply #40 on: April 27, 2009, 08:55:37 AM »
Where?
Camp Nou, Barcelona

When?
Tuesday, 28 April 09, 20:45 (Barcelona Time)
Tuesday, 28 April 09, 14:45 (North American Eastern Time)

League Ranks

La Liga
FC Barça, 1st, 75 points, Goal differential +63 (30/38 matches played)

EPL
Chelsea FC, 3rd, 67, Goal differential +35 (32/38 matches played)

Current From

Last five home matches
FC Barcelona, W-W-W-W-W

Last five away matches
Chelsea FC, W-D-L-W-W

Statistics

FC Barcelona vs Chelsea FC

Overall
Wins 7 | 5 Wins
Draws 3 | 4 Draws
Losses 2 | 1 Losses
Clean Sheets 3 | 4 Clean Sheets

Past Meetings

01/11/2006       UEFA CL     Barcelona vs Chelsea  0 : 1/2     2 - 2
19/10/2006    UEFA CL    Chelsea vs Barcelona    0 : 0      1 - 0
08/03/2006    UEFA CL    Barcelona vs Chelsea    0 : 1/2    1 - 1
23/02/2006    UEFA CL    Chelsea vs Barcelona    0 : 1/4    1 - 2
08/03/2005    UEFA CL    Chelsea vs Barcelona    0 : 1/2    4 - 2
22/02/2005    UEFA CL    Barcelona vs Chelsea    0 : 1/2    2 - 1

Més que un club.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 27, 2009, 09:13:23 AM »
Lets go Barca
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 27, 2009, 10:15:47 AM »
barca not hard to score against though.

Barca is likely one of, if not the most difficult team to score against in all of Europe.  Their defensive organization is underappreciated because of their attacking flair.  Daiz your side, yuh mus' watch them closely when they lose the ball- very very organized and very industrious getting numbers around the ball to win it back...They're not overly physical and they have alot of expressive attacking players- but Barca's strength is in their attention to precision both offensively & defensively.  I haven't checked any records but I want to guess that outside of Chelsea & Manu who are extremely stingy at the back, their defensive record (goals conceded) is probably the best in Europe (certainly no.1 or 2 in Spain)....
« Last Edit: April 27, 2009, 10:18:37 AM by kicker »
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 27, 2009, 10:59:25 AM »
excellent read on how guardiola turn barca around.

long tho.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/europe/8013929.stm

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 27, 2009, 11:00:02 AM »
Oh gaaaawd mods!!

I didn't want this thread lumped in with ACB's thread (no offense ACB) for the simple reason that he went about it wrong.

Anyhow, I taking in the game at Trotters tomorrow.

Anybody for $20 beers, check meh.

Més que un club.

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: April 27, 2009, 03:50:41 PM »
if barcelona lose this game i go have to stay away from wuk, cause go b real old talk in mi head
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 28, 2009, 07:13:18 AM »
Barca's Xavi: La Liga better than Premier League

Barcelona midfielder Xavi says the Primera Liga is better than England's Premier League and hopes his side can show it by going all the way in this season's Champions League.

The playmaker had played his whole career at the Nou Camp.

Barca were joined in the semi-finals by three English sides last season, only to be knocked out by eventual champions Manchester United over two legs and this time, three of the last four teams are the same. Like United and Chelsea, Barca have progressed to the semi-final stage once again, while Arsenal are the other side still left in the competition.

The Catalans beat Arsene Wenger's side in the final in 2006 to claim their last major trophy and could set up a repeat performance this time around. Indeed, to win the Champions league for only the third time in their history, Barcelona must overcome two English sides, starting with Chelsea.

Pep Guardiola's side meet the Londoners in the first leg on Tuesday and Xavi hopes his side can show that Spain's top flight is stronger than England's.

''There's not much between the two leagues but I think our league is stronger - it is better technically and there is more tactical order,'' he said on Monday. ''Maybe the Premier League wins in terms of intensity and rhythm.''

''And it's true that there are three English teams in the semi-finals, but we are not here by coincidence.''

Xavi, who began his career at the Catalan club playing alongside Guardiola, had just returned from a bad injury the last time Barcelona won the Champions League and watched on from the bench.

And despite featuring earlier on in the tournament that year, the Spain midfielder admits he is desperate to be involved in a Barca triumph this time around.

''I felt part of that win, but as a professional you want to be out there as a protagonist.

''It's a thorn in my side and I'm desperate for us to get there again so I can be part of it,'' he said.

Xavi believes his team are in better shape than this time last year.

''We are pressurising up front again, we are better tactically, we play with more intensity and more rhythm - and physically we are also better,'' he said.

But the midfielder, who has played a record 107 European games for Barcelona, believes the series will be decided at Stamford Bridge in two weeks.

''Whatever happens, it will be decided at Stamford Bridge... it's very difficult for a tie like this to be decided in the first match,'' he said.

Xavi praised Chelsea pair John Terry and Michael Essien, but hopes the Londoners will miss defensive duo Ricardo Carvalho (injured) and Ashley Cole (suspended).

He added: ''Essien is one of the best players in the world in his position - he's so good at breaking up play. Terry is one of the best defenders out there, he's an admirable footballer. Carvalho and Cole are notable absences, though, so let's hope they miss them.''

Had Cole been available, the left-back would have lined up against right winger Lionel Messi. Jose Bosingwa will now have that unenviable task, but Xavi believes the Argentina forward could be the key player in this tie.

''It's fantastic to have him in our squad and he could be the key man in this series.

''If we win titles and have success collectively, it will be easier for him to win awards like the FIFA World Player or the Golden Ball - he deserves them,'' he said.

Més que un club.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 28, 2009, 07:22:18 AM »
Anybody for $20 beers, check meh.

Whappen tuh de Hard Wine?
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 28, 2009, 07:25:01 AM »
Hiddink confident Bosingwa can shackle Messi 

Guus Hiddink is confident that Jose Bosingwa can effectively shackle Barcelona winger Lionel Messi in the first leg of their Champions League semi-final in the Nou Camp.

The subject of how to stop Messi has dominated the pre-match build-up following the suspension of England left-back Ashley Cole.

It has left Chelsea without a recognised replacement following the sale of Wayne Bridge to Manchester City in January and an untimely knee ligament injury to Paulo Ferreira.

The answer for the Dutchman is to place his faith in the Portugal international.

Normally a right-back, Bosingwa switched to the other flank in the win over West Ham on Saturday but Argentina international Messi, scorer of 21 goals so far this season, is certain to provide him with more problems than Luis Boa Morte.

The Barca winger is now rated among the best in the world but Hiddink remains confident that Bosingwa's vast European and international experience will nullify his threat.

"At a young age, Messi is one of the best players in the world already," said Hiddink. "He is the kind of player who is playing in a big club because of his style of play.

"He had big promise and within a short period he has made it happen completely.

"I like very much the way he plays, he does like the stardom of playing and it's very effective. It looks very simple but it is very difficult.

"But I have full confidence that Bosingwa can do it the job tomorrow. We have some more options, but if he is doing well he can do the job.

"If you go to a double man-marking system and focus too much on that you forget there are other big players that can do the damage."

But it is not just Messi who can ruin Chelsea's dreams of returning to Stamford Bridge with a good result. Thierry Henry and Samuel Eto'o are equally as potent and Hiddink knows it only too well.

"A lot of teams have shown that it is very difficult to stop them," said Hiddink. "The front line is world class, Henry has class and experience and Samuel Eto'o I had as a young player at Real Madrid when he was 17. At that time he was already impressive and then he then got titles and experience."

Hiddink insists he has already played out the first-leg tie in his head and in team meetings, and the outcome has always been a victory. But the Dutchman knows that sometimes all the best laid plans can go awry.

"You try to analyse what can happen and whether it is within your power to prevent them playing well and for us to be dangerous.

"I said I'd never lost a match in preparation and meetings, but sometimes the reality is more cruel."

Chelsea and Liverpool produced one of the most exhilarating matches ever seen in the Champions League when they drew 4-4 in the quarter final, second leg at Stamford Bridge a fortnight ago.

Chelsea secured their semi-final spot 7-5 on aggregate after fighting back from two down at the interval and Hiddink hinted there could be more exciting times ahead at the Nou Camp.

"Both teams have the style to attack when they can," said Hiddink. "Chelsea is not a team with a strategy to sit back and wait until something happens.

"The team is showing a lot of initiative. It is more or less an open clash between two teams who like to go forward."

Barca are the only non-English club left in the last four of Europe's top club competition for the second year in a row.

The 2006 champions lost 1-0 on aggregate to eventual winners Manchester United in last year's semi-finals thanks to a Paul Scholes strike early in the second leg in England.

With the exception of long-term injury absentee Gabriel Milito, coach Pep Guardiola has a full squad to choose from following the Primera Liga leaders' 2-2 draw at fourth-placed Valencia on Saturday.

"We have to rest and recover well because we are about to begin the most important week of the year," the former Barca and Spain midfielder said.

"I did not see any tiredness in the players," he added. "We are like a machine."

Midfielder Seydou Keita said the Barca players were well acquainted with their opponents and singled out Chelsea's physical presence as their main strength.

"The coach is doing some great work in preparing us for the match," the Mali international said at a news conference.

"He makes us watch a lot of the other team's games and we analyse their weak points and the dangers we could face."

Més que un club.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 28, 2009, 08:23:57 AM »
       GO CHELSEA!!!!   
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 28, 2009, 08:27:45 AM »
clearly this is the more entertaining of the two semi-final matchups now that the teams are set.

The best team in England and the best team in Spain battling it out for Europe's premier prize.

:rotfl: :rotfl:u make laugh they acb.u half right though.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 28, 2009, 08:48:38 AM »
Hiddink: Bosingwa can tame Messiby RivalsDM
Guus Hiddink is confident Jose Bosingwa can shackle Lionel Messi in the first leg of their Champions League semi-final in Barcelona on Tuesday.

The subject of how to stop Messi has dominated the pre-match build-up following the suspension of England left-back Ashley Cole.

The answer for the Dutchman is to place his faith in the Portugal international.

Normally a right-back, Bosingwa switched to the other flank in the win over West Ham on Saturday but Argentina international Messi, scorer of 21 goals so far this season, is certain to provide him with more problems than Luis Boa Morte.

The Barca winger is now rated among the best in the world but Hiddink remains confident that Bosingwa's vast European and international experience will nullify his threat.

"At a young age, Messi is one of the best players in the world already," said Hiddink. "He is the kind of player who is playing in a big club because of his style of play.

"He had big promise and within a short period he has made it happen completely.

"I like very much the way he plays, he does like the stardom of playing and it's very effective. It looks very simple but it is very difficult.

"But I have full confidence that Bosingwa can do it the job tomorrow.

"We have some more options, but if he is doing well he can do the job.

"If you go to a double man-marking system and focus too much on that you forget there are other big players that can do the damage."

But it is not just Messi who can ruin Chelsea's dreams of returning to Stamford Bridge with a good result. Thierry Henry and Samuel Eto'o are equally as potent and Hiddink knows it only too well.

"A lot of teams have shown that it is very difficult to stop them," said Hiddink.

"The front line is world class, Henry has class and experience and Samuel Eto'o I had as a young player at Real Madrid when he was 17. At that time he was already impressive and then he then got titles and experience."

Barca are currently four points clear at the top of La Liga after a 2-2 draw with Valencia at the weekend.

A late equaliser from Henry earned a point for leaders after Messi had given them a first-half lead.

Hiddink insists he has already played out tomorrow's first-leg tie in his head and in team meetings, and the outcome has always been a victory.

But the Dutchman knows that sometimes all the best laid plans can go awry.

"You try to analyse what can happen and whether it is within your power to prevent them playing well and for us to be dangerous.

"I said I'd never lost a match in preparation and meetings,

but sometimes the reality is more cruel."

Chelsea and Liverpool produced one of the most exhilarating matches ever seen in the Champions League when they drew 4-4 in the quarter final, second leg at Stamford Bridge a fortnight ago.

Chelsea secured their semi-final spot 7-5 on aggregate after fighting back from two down at the interval and Hiddink hinted there could be more exciting times ahead at the Nou Camp.

"Both teams have the style to attack when they can," said Hiddink. "Chelsea is not a team with a strategy to sit back and wait until something happens.

"The team is showing a lot of initiative. It is more or less an open clash between two teams who like to go forward."
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 28, 2009, 08:56:00 AM »

:rotfl: :rotfl:u make laugh they acb.u half right though.

the only way Arsenal vs. Man U could be more entertaining is if Viera and Keane suit up and square off in the tunnel.

I surprised by the lack of chainup talk coming from both camps, especially the managers - but I still don't expect Arsene to take a bottle of wine for Fergie. It still have more than 24 hours remaining though - just enough time for some bulletin board material.

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 28, 2009, 10:00:47 AM »

Petr Cech

This go be a big game.

Don't see the point of starting Deco in a game like this.

If Chelsea is going to win this, it won't be by outskillsing Barca or by any form of creativity, magic or individual brilliance.

Its better to play a tight 5 man midfield to stifle Barca's creativity and the supply line (Xavi/Iniesta) to the front 3. Then use their physical advantage in the form of Drogba/Anelka/Ballack on the offensive end to pound Barca into submission. Set pieces will be crucial and the long ball could be effective as Marquez/Puyol have shown to be susceptible. Play to your strengths, use power, pace and intensity.

The biggest problem is that left side of Chelsea's defence. Messi and Alves raiding down that side at Ashley Cole would have been bad enough but he's suspended for the first leg. If Ivanovic plays there, then Essien would have to always be coming back to help him out or it could be a repeat of the Del Horno shambles of years gone by. If I was coach I would even consider taking the chance and put Essien at left back as a buffer and start Obi Mikel in the middle.

For me this is my dream final.

Two of my favorite teams going head to head, although I favor Chelsea slightly for this one, but whatever the outcome I will be backing the winner of this tie to take the whole thing.

I agree with yuh dey fully Omar.

Manu vs Barca couldn't be better than this.
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 28, 2009, 10:15:55 AM »
watching some analysis before the game.

Messi vs Boswingwa (LB) on the right to start, but Messi favours his left foot, so when he drifts inside, it will naturally favour Bosingwa's stronger foot.
Malouda should be lining up just ahead of Bosingwa and could provide key counter-attacks when the Barca attacks breakdown on the Chelsea leftside.

When Anelka and Drogba on the field at the same time, Anelka drops deeper and could be a physical threat inthe middle of the park and winning more balls to offload to Drogba.

expect Belletti to start on the right opposite Bosingwa.

Quietly confident that Barca could be in for a long night if Chelsea forces Barca to adopt to Chelsea's style of play, rather than their free flowing attack.

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 28, 2009, 11:31:54 AM »
Quietly confident that Barca could be in for a long night if Chelsea forces Barca to adopt to Chelsea's style of play, rather than their free flowing attack.

Last time ah call fuh 3 we hit Livapuke 4 in deh rasshole.  But Barca might be slightly better so ah expekkin we to hit dem 2 in dey catalan cont!!

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 28, 2009, 12:05:29 PM »
few surprises in the lineups.

For Barca, No Puyol to start

No Anelka to start .... mids and defense for Chelsea

--- Malouda --- Lampard --- Essien --
-------- Ballack --- Obi Mikel --------- 
Bosingwa ---Alex --- Terry --- Ivanovic

Offline samo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 28, 2009, 12:25:23 PM »
Lets go Chelsea!!!!
As Optimus say... Goal in dey Catalan (!)

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 28, 2009, 12:30:01 PM »
Only the 2nd game of the season that giving me a lil butterflies...

This going to be a battle and I hope Barca get through. Besides being my favorite club team, I really cyah handle another all EPL final. We have the FA Cup and Carling Cup for dat ;)

Go Barca!
Go Arsenal!

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 28, 2009, 12:30:18 PM »
Shaka just predict Barca wins 3-1

1]; } ?>