March 28, 2024, 02:24:06 PM

Author Topic: Defensive woes - that's the reality...  (Read 1389 times)

Offline Hyperhot J

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Defensive woes - that's the reality...
« on: October 03, 2005, 11:51:50 AM »
       Does anyone know what system we will be playing against Panama? I will guess 4-4-2 which was the system we beat them with last time. Anyway I am very very sorry that our boy Sancho is injured!! So far in my opinion it seems that Avery John will play left back with Andrews and Lawrence in the middle. One can only hope now that Atiba Charles makes his way back into the right back position, since I don't know when last Anton Pierre play there (maybe against the US on Ash Wednesday and was only kicking wasted long balls like ah imps) and WE all know that the name Cyd Gray ESPECIALLY in the 2 most important games in T&T's WC campaign, will NOT work at all. Boy I pray that those 4 defenders doh get injured or doh do any shit yes, because if Gray have to somehow come on during the game unless we leading Panama 2-0 or Mexico 4-0 we will have to hold back from peeing donq ourselves with nerves!!
       I guess that whoever plays right back will get some help from Spann, it really is a pity that Birchie is not playing since his defensive midfield role would definitely be a help to us. Anyway we should hopefully still get through Panama yes. Birch will be back for Mexico but it really is a pity that Sancho won't be there. I sympathise with him. However if all goes well he will be back to rightfully take up his right back role against Uzbeckstan or Bahrain.

J.

"The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power." 

Cassius told Brutus in Julius Caesar by Shakespeare

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Defensive woes - that's the reality...
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2005, 12:24:54 PM »
I guess that whoever plays right back will get some help from Spann, it really is a pity that Birchie is not playing since his defensive midfield role would definitely be a help to us. Anyway we should hopefully still get through Panama yes. Birch will be back for Mexico but it really is a pity that Sancho won't be there. I sympathise with him. However if all goes well he will be back to rightfully take up his right back role against Uzbeckstan or Bahrain.

J.

who says Birchall not playing next match?  he's only had one yellow against Costa Rica so far in WCQ.  Spann will play right back in these next 2 games with Edwards in front of him.  Also how is the right back role rightfully Sancho's?  he hasn't played right back for T&T in ages.  He's been playing center back recently.

Offline Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2005, 12:27:21 PM »
Havent u been noticing the last few games....?
Span has been really solid in the right back position.
Why move him?

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2005, 12:59:30 PM »
Apart from Dog's mental lapses, I think Spann(R), Lawrence and Dog(C) and Avery John(L) will still make a tight defensive line. Hopefully, we will have de ole Dog back.

Go Warrior!!! :wavetowel: :wavetowel: :wavetowel:   
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline football king

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2005, 01:06:49 PM »
i have no idea who i would put back there , it all boils down to the 3some latas, yorke and stern.  They dictate our team and the rest of the troops feed of them.

TT goes however they go.  if them hit we go be in, not easy but we winning.

Offline Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2005, 02:29:12 PM »
And we have Pierre to back up them 4 solid defenders!.
After that we a lill thin now.

Offline Cowen

• Hero Warrior
  • Conquer without risk is to triumph without Glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2005, 05:01:46 PM »
Spann at right back, Dog and Tallest in the middle and Avery on the left. Taht is the back 4. Spann and Edwards rip the Guats to shreds in the last game. That combo with the overlapping runs and interchanging look real damn good
Attended Mad Mad University
Studied Madology
Obtained a Mad Mad Degree

1]; } ?>