April 29, 2024, 10:11:07 AM

Author Topic: Drivers ordered to remove tints  (Read 9317 times)

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
Re: No Clear Tint Law
« Reply #60 on: March 27, 2009, 10:22:47 PM »
What's so difficult to understand about the point of the article? It is straight forward what the man write about. I pussonally feel it could have been left alone. In the 1st road block "to remove tint" look how get caught in that.

Last monthin AL, a State Trooper pulled over the vehicle one of our coaches was riding in and charge the driver for the tint. He find it to dark, when you seeing through and through the car. And for sure it have a tint regulation there.

Let the police keep doing that. Men have to understand they need to have limits. Last time I went home they have that light in fron the car making yuh feel is police (the one unmarked cars up here does have).

Did the police officer measure the amount of light that was passing thru?  When he "find" it was too dark did he issue a citation or did he make him scrape it off right there?  I gurantee you if the police officer didn't measure it with a spectrometer, when they go to adjudication that ticket getting tossed.  Guarantee you.

they catching rel men with outstanding warrants and drug possession so that good

both ah allyuh men either real slow or playing dotish on spite.  The point is NOT about stopping people and checking fuh warrant and what not.  Even if they want to start with tint enforcement then fine... issue man ah citation.  You cannot force ah man to scrape of his window tint (effectively depriving him of both property and due process) without allowing him a chance to have his say before an impartial judge.  If ah man window "too dark" then let people know what "too dark" is.  Is 20% allowed?  Is it 35%... 50%??

No way them police could know just by looking what "too dark" means and the law itself doesn't define it.  Not only that, but then to add insulto to injury you have to scrape off the tint and dey ent even yet prove that yuh was 'guilty'.

... I think I better stop responding, b/c I getting tuh de point whey I ready to call people intelligence into question.

I think you the slow one cause nowhere I talking about the point in the article, that's understood. Bakes you the one reading into the responses what not there. I understand what you and cute saying, and I saying that I don't care about people not knowing what the law is on tint. The police right in tearing it off. What intelligence have to do with that?
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 27, 2009, 10:24:29 PM »
Imagine the country in a state of lawlessness with crime and these people making a big deal about tint, makes you wonder.

We cannot read and understand we are a bunch of dumbasses.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline ChipChipSilver

• 'Let the Good Times Roll'
  • Sr. Warrior
  • Do you feel like working today?
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 27, 2009, 10:29:59 PM »
Imagine the country in a state of lawlessness with crime and these people making a big deal about tint, makes you wonder.

Before I jump to conclusions, you care to clarify on that statement?
In Everything, Give Thanks

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 27, 2009, 10:37:06 PM »
I think where some people are having trouble is with the appearence of this exercise resembling killing a fly with a sledge hammer.
What I like is that the police have STARTED doing things that will instill a level of compliance by the general public with the laws of the land
It is a step in the right direction and will bear fruit ONLY if similar exercises are done with other infractions.

If the police stop then all this is for naught

at the present time I am looking at this as a very POSITIVE FIRST STEP

having said that i repeat what i have said earlier.....the law should have an specific value of tint allowed
« Last Edit: March 27, 2009, 10:39:47 PM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 28, 2009, 07:14:35 AM »
I does be in that traffic for the tint so since we in it already,  the police  should put the extra effort and check for brakes lights and indicator one time. REAL cars in T&T brakes light in working, esp trucks and trailers. It very rare that u would find a trailer with lights on it.

"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
  • Politics- 90% Personality 10% Principle
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 28, 2009, 07:23:28 AM »

He is calling himself a dumbass and your agreeing that your one because of this question. Clear?
Perhaps the epitome of a Trinidadian is the child in the third row class with a dark skin and crinkly plaits who looks at you out of decidedly Chinese eyes and announces herself as Jacqueline Maharaj.- Merle Hodge

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 28, 2009, 07:38:49 AM »
The police take orders from the superiors to enforce the law. So stop jumping on the police and jump on the superiors who gave them the orders to enforce the laws

Offline verycute1

• Hero Warrior
  • Me Smash.. You Die
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 28, 2009, 08:00:29 AM »
Historical footnote? Appendix? Bibliography? Preface?

Second-hand weed smoke... nutrient deficient hallucinations... wishful thinking... MILF fantasies  :-\

No empirical basis, huh? :D

bottle of cheap wine........ sleep depravation..........too keyed up bout the next 2 games
One of these days I'm going to bust out the crystalline doomhammer and go positively orc on this town. Then they'll be sorry...

Read the lore, warlocks are mages that decided not to suck.

Offline verycute1

• Hero Warrior
  • Me Smash.. You Die
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 28, 2009, 08:03:53 AM »
"No Clear Tint Law "
how many of us missed this gem  ;D ;D

How yuh mean!
clear
and
tint

must be just me then :D

not just you..... I love oxymorons
One of these days I'm going to bust out the crystalline doomhammer and go positively orc on this town. Then they'll be sorry...

Read the lore, warlocks are mages that decided not to suck.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 28, 2009, 12:26:17 PM »
clear
and
tint

"Humor can be dissected as a frog can, but the thing dies in the process..."- E.B. White

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 28, 2009, 01:21:48 PM »
If authorities don't have the equipment/tools to measure how much light a tint allows, then the only way they could force a driver to strip his/her tint is if there is a zero tolerance policy on tints (regardless of shade).

It doesn't appear that there's a zero tolerance policy on tints in T&T....therefore they need to define the max level of allowable tint, and equip the authorities with the tools to measure it...

Stripping tint based on a police officer's subjective opinion is not only potentially illegal.....but so friggin jokey, it's not funny..... typical of T&T... we like tuh do things half way- that's why a newly paved road in T&T is full o' potholes within weeks...

Start from scratch, come up with a defined measure, get a bill passed through the parliament to make it law, equip the authorities and do de damn thing right for a change.....steupsssss
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 28, 2009, 01:30:15 PM »
clear
and
tint

"Humor can be dissected as a frog can, but the thing dies in the process..."- E.B. White
CLASSIC trini " he real kill that joke boy"
but it eh go stop him.
Perhaps the epitome of a Trinidadian is the child in the third row class with a dark skin and crinkly plaits who looks at you out of decidedly Chinese eyes and announces herself as Jacqueline Maharaj.- Merle Hodge

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 28, 2009, 01:55:25 PM »
Thats why they doing this. Im not disclosing who I know and told me, but tint windows = same of someone walking into a bank with a mask.  Its hard for people to see and Identify personels in a vehicle that might be involved in a crime.  So if there was not a huge volume of kidnapping and robbing in the nation, this law would not be enforced like this. And they are not taking the chance of something happening around the summit of the Americas season.  Any petty crime will be enforce against in the future also. Soon for begging/pan handling, and wiping man windows for a few dollars to be enforce against too. Simple crimes lead to overwhelming serious crimes.  Thats why they starting with simple organization against illegal tinted window.

Hey Babalawo, I agree with everything you said and what the police are trying to accomplish ... but the police already know who committing the crimes, so spend your resources going after these people and stop picking on the innocent.

as i say before not all the people innocent who have tint , they catching men one murder warrants and drug possession,  it may be wrong what they doing but, at the end of the day, we cah do nothing about it sad to say

I agree with you on this, is just I know some people personally who were stopped and yes they are lawful citizens.

the thing is , again im getting info from the sources of police.  The criminals are hiding amongst the innocent.  There is no distinction you can look at someone and say he or she is a criminal.  Unless the innocent public get up and stop hiding criminals amongst themselves, the police wouldnt have to do this.  Many communities does be fraid to rat out criminals either because they grew up with the person as neighbor, they are relatives, or live in fear that the person will seek revenge on them in one way or the other.   Little crimes are any crimes.  How much time you walk down the street you smell weed smoking , you see the person, talk in head bout the person, steups and gone your way.  That simple lawlessness is the start of momentum of other larger crimes to happen without stopping the comfortable environment for things to get out of hand.  That same fella next day under pay his dealer, get in a gun fight, and the stray bullet hit your sister in she neck, then you want to bawl and cry.  So if more innocent public dont get up weed out the criminals, they would have to fall into an environment of police doing exercises for example stoping all traffic for tinted cars.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 28, 2009, 01:59:49 PM »
If authorities don't have the equipment/tools to measure how much light a tint allows, then the only way they could force a driver to strip his/her tint is if there is a zero tolerance policy on tints (regardless of shade).

It doesn't appear that there's a zero tolerance policy on tints in T&T....therefore they need to define the max level of allowable tint, and equip the authorities with the tools to measure it...

Stripping tint based on a police officer's subjective opinion is not only potentially illegal.....but so friggin jokey, it's not funny..... typical of T&T... we like tuh do things half way- that's why a newly paved road in T&T is full o' potholes within weeks...

Start from scratch, come up with a defined measure, get a bill passed through the parliament to make it law, equip the authorities and do de damn thing right for a change.....steupsssss

Kicker, somehow you was able to articulate in one post what I been trying to communicate this entire thread... 'til ah give up, lol.

Exactly.  Ad hoc policing seldom ever works, except in the short term... which is precisely how we does operate.

CLASSIC trini " he real kill that joke boy"
but it eh go stop him.

:rotfl: :rotfl: ... allyuh men not easy boy, lol

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 28, 2009, 02:05:03 PM »
the thing is , again im getting info from the sources of police.  The criminals are hiding amongst the innocent.  There is no distinction you can look at someone and say he or she is a criminal.  Unless the innocent public get up and stop hiding criminals amongst themselves, the police wouldnt have to do this.  Many communities does be fraid to rat out criminals either because they grew up with the person as neighbor, they are relatives, or live in fear that the person will seek revenge on them in one way or the other.   Little crimes are any crimes.  How much time you walk down the street you smell weed smoking , you see the person, talk in head bout the person, steups and gone your way.  That simple lawlessness is the start of momentum of other larger crimes to happen without stopping the comfortable environment for things to get out of hand.  That same fella next day under pay his dealer, get in a gun fight, and the stray bullet hit your sister in she neck, then you want to bawl and cry.  So if more innocent public dont get up weed out the criminals, they would have to fall into an environment of police doing exercises for example stoping all traffic for tinted cars.

I agree with you 100%... simple crimes ("quality of life issues") often turn into bigger problems later on.  I have no problems with them taking steps to nip them in the bud.  I don't have a problem with them stopping every man jack. 

Is what they do after stopping people that I disagree with... stop man and check they ID and thing, that is legitimate.  To not have some cold, hard objective standard by which to gauge which tints are legal from those that are illegal that makes no sense.  To compound the issue by arbitrarily requiring people to scrape off their tint because the officer "find it too dark"... come on.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: March 28, 2009, 02:31:42 PM »

Baba yuh making plenty sense, but I think you're addressing an issue that (while related) is somewhat separate from the issue at hand with the tint law. 
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline ChipChipSilver

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 28, 2009, 02:47:55 PM »

He is calling himself a dumbass and your agreeing that your one because of this question. Clear?

So you assume I am a dumbass too?  I did not ask you the question breds, speak when you're spoken to. 

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 28, 2009, 02:53:23 PM »

So you assume I am a dumbass too?  I did not ask you the question breds, speak when you're spoken to. 
Not anymore......

Offline ChipChipSilver

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 28, 2009, 03:44:33 PM »

Not anymore......

At least you're being honest ... it takes one to recognize one!  8)

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 28, 2009, 10:12:22 PM »
"No Clear Tint Law "
how many of us missed this gem  ;D ;D

How yuh mean!
clear
and
tint

not just you..... I love oxymorons

Doh look now, yuh fan club jes enlarge  ::)  :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 29, 2009, 08:01:02 AM »
hold on...anybody have a spectrometer to tell me which one of these tint doesn't satisfy this condition:

Section 23 1(d) of the Motor Vehicles and Road Transportation Act Chapter 48:50 states that it is an offence to have a vehicle windshield or window so tinted or darkened that it obscures the view of inside the vehicle from the outside.

manning an dem need to buy de ting fuh de pOlice to measure the tintness.

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 30, 2009, 06:17:07 AM »
I think its probably if you just cant see the person inside during daylight. like this

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Tint issues in Trinidad
« Reply #82 on: April 15, 2009, 06:07:45 AM »

lol
 ;D

Offline Mr Fix-it

• Hero Warrior
  • I Love 5 things,my 3 Babies/ManU/Wife in dat order
    • View Profile
Re: Tint issues in Trinidad
« Reply #83 on: April 15, 2009, 11:12:49 AM »
"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Tint issues in Trinidad
« Reply #84 on: April 15, 2009, 12:23:49 PM »

lol
 ;D

:rotfl:

long time since i've seen that one...
 :rotfl:  :thumbsup:
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Drivers ordered to remove tints
« Reply #85 on: April 15, 2009, 06:03:20 PM »
That real funny!!!!!!!!!

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: April 15, 2009, 08:33:23 PM »

yuh sure is de tint dem get stop for or is because dey drivin that ugly P.O.S
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

1]; } ?>