March 28, 2024, 03:23:47 AM

Author Topic: Tigers coach arrested on assault charges  (Read 1418 times)

Offline nnyman18

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Tigers coach arrested on assault charges
« on: April 15, 2009, 10:18:48 AM »
Adair accused of battery of high and aggravated nature after domestic dispute

CLEMSON — Trevor Adair, Clemson men’s soccer coach, was arrested early Saturday morning on charges of assault and battery of a high and aggravated nature following a domestic dispute at his home.
At 2:30 a.m. Saturday, Clemson police responded to a 911 call concerning loud screams and a fight at the coach’s home.
Officers arrived and found Adair and others in the front yard.
Police have accused Adair of assaulting his two daughters as the result of an argument, according to a release from the department.
He was arraigned and released from Clemson’s city jail on a $10,000 personal recognizance bond.
Adair, 48, has been placed on a leave of absence in order to address the issues, athletics director Terry Don Phillips said in a prepared statement.
“I visited with coach Adair on Saturday and this is an extremely difficult situation for Trevor and his family,” Phillips said. “We recognize the charges are very serious in nature.”
Adair is one of the most decorated coaches in Clemson’s athletics department. In 14 seasons, the Belfast, Northern Ireland, native has led the Tigers to one Final Four and five Elite Eight appearances. He owns a 208-115-33 record at Clemson.
I LOVE THIS GAME BETTER THAN I LOVE THIS GAME

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Tigers coach arrested on assault charges
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2009, 10:35:08 AM »
u cyah beat yuh gyl chirren in america.

he should know dat.

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2009, 10:38:52 AM »
i taught was st anthony's coach

now goin and laff
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Offline nnyman18

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2009, 02:52:58 PM »
The media is no longer treating issues related to soccer coaches as a non issue. The sport has arrived now so men have to keep dey house in order. Soccer has finally elevated itself as a sport that means something in this country and as a result the media makes these issues big news. A few years ago no one would have even cared about this situation. Men who putting themselves out there to become coaches better keep make sure that they take care of dey business and keep it in house. The media ain't discriminating no more. They will put yuh on blast
I LOVE THIS GAME BETTER THAN I LOVE THIS GAME

Offline makaveli

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2009, 12:07:13 AM »
u cyah beat yuh gyl chirren in america.

he should know dat.

true..when I first read it I was he either from the Caribbean or Europe...and well sure enough he grow up in Belfast...really should of known better though...heard a story in my younger days about a Trini who had a chile that was playing the ass in the states and boasting how he couldn't get licks...the man went back home for a holiday and sure enough after that vacation he never step out a line again...lol

1]; } ?>