March 28, 2024, 10:18:37 AM

Author Topic: Champions' League Semi Final, leg 1: manchester united vs arsenal  (Read 12381 times)

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Might as well start the thread now because it done have a "Chelsea vs Barcelona" thread.  Besides.....might as well give the arsenal faithful some time to air their points of view becuz, from the time the first whistle blow, this matchup will be over.  Barca vs manu in de final!

*edited/corrected* (but not to Warrior Queen or Samo liking)  ;D
« Last Edit: April 28, 2009, 11:07:26 AM by Flex »

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Might as well start the thread now because it done have a "Chelsea Barcelaona" thread.  Besides.....might as well give the arsenal faithful some time to air their points of view becuz, from the time the first whistle blow, this matchup will be over.  Barca vs manu in de final!

i tort u was a chelsea man?
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline STEUPS!!

• Hero Warrior
  • a.k.a warrior queen
    • View Profile
Might as well start the thread now because it done have a "Chelsea Barcelaona" thread.  Besides.....might as well give the arsenal faithful some time to air their points of view becuz, from the time the first whistle blow, this matchup will be over.  Barca vs manu in de final!

yuh mean chelsea vs arsenal in d final. jus thought id make that correction
Doh f**k wit MY warriors!!!

Offline samo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Thank You Warrior Queen... Forgive the man, dyslexia hell of a thing is :)

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile

yuh mean chelsea vs arsenal in d final. jus thought id make that correction
yuh correct,in de final fuh 3rd place.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Barca is one of my (many) teams, jed, but even if they weren't, gambling wit yuh heart will send yuh broke. I really don't see anybody beating Barca, not if they have no injuries and the officials doh have manu money in dey pockets.

giggsy11

All ah have tuh say is no damn predictions! Yuh see how we won without the goatmout squad chippin in with predictions, lets keep it like that!

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Barca is one of my (many) teams, jed, but even if they weren't, gambling wit yuh heart will send yuh broke. I really don't see anybody beating Barca, not if they have no injuries and the officials doh have manu money in dey pockets.

Barca have a rel tough run in around dat time...buh it very possible dey go through...hopefully unscathed....so i go get my dream final.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline trinikev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Shouldn't that be April 29, and not May 29?
I support all Soca Warriors....Red, White and Blacklist

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
you should just let Flex or Tallman create the game thread.... failed attempt .. even your date is wrong

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Shouldn't that be April 29, and not May 29?

Small error.  Matters not in the bigger scheme of things.

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Presentation College San Fernando
I hope this turn out into one of them bad blood battles from the days of Keane vs Viera with men fighting in the tunnel, threatening harm to family, looking to break men foot with tackle.

The more redcards and suspensions, the better for Chelsea when we ress it on either side in the Finals.
throw parties, not grenades.

Offline Cantona007

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
I hope this turn out into one of them bad blood battles from the days of Keane vs Viera with men fighting in the tunnel, threatening harm to family, looking to break men foot with tackle.

The more redcards and suspensions, the better for Chelsea when we ress it on either side in the Finals.

Sigh... those were the days...  :devil:
#include <std/disclaimer.h>
/* Beware of bugs in the above code; I have only proved it correct, not tried it. -- Donald Knuth */

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
this game might get spicy who knows... anderson is a real battler who could be a ass when he ready and song dont back down from nobody so look for fireworks.   

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Cesc and CRonaldo fight once before.

It on youtube, check it out http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hwMrlLqg110

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile

backside ;D :rotfl:
I pity the fool....

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

backside ;D :rotfl:

I know it lil' blurry, but just in case: Cesc is the reddo. CRonaldo is the darkie with the weave ... just like in real life.

Offline ckhan

• Hero Warrior
  • Pay Forward
    • View Profile
Waiting fuh de talk tuh dun and de game tuh go on - Gunners push foward!!!
If a free society cannot help the many who are poor it cannot save the few who are rich.

- John F. Kennedy

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
  • ah doh puh water in meh mouth to talk
    • View Profile
UEFA Champions League ManU vs Arsenal 29th April 2009
« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2009, 11:02:26 AM »
Fergie would take 1-0 win

United boss admits he would be 'delighted' with 1-0 first-leg win
Sir Alex Ferguson has admitted that he would be 'delighted' to win 1-0 against Arsenal at Old Trafford in their UEFA Champions League semi-final first-leg on Wednesday.

The United boss described the tie as the 'perfect semi-final' and also highlighted the importance for his side to keep a clean sheet.

The two teams have met just once this season with the Gunners coming out on top after winning 2-1 at Emirates Stadium way back in November.

The 67-year-old has a full squad to choose from for the clash apart from skipper Gary Neville who will miss out with the foot injury he picked up in the 2-0 win over Portsmouth.

"There will be more vigilance with both teams aware that they don't want to lose a goal particularly on your own ground," he said.

"We need to win without losing a goal. I would be delighted to win 1-0. I would happily take that to the Emirates.

Full squad
"Everyone trained today apart from Gary Neville so that's a strong position to be in going into the semi-final of the European Cup. John O'Shea came on as sub on Saturday and he is fit.

"And yes I've got to pick a team I hope that it is the right one and I hope it wins and I have got plenty of options of course. So that will wrestle with me for the next 24 hours.

"It's an untypical semi-final because it is two English teams but the principles are always the same - you hope you win the game and don't lose a goal, that's always the case in a European tie.

"It won't be decided tomorrow you can be sure of that. There is a lot of football left at the Emirates.

"Looking at the tie and looking at the players on view you are thinking that this is a perfect semi-final.

"It's full of terrific footballers and both teams play good football and it could be that way. It has an appetising look about it."

Ferguson also admitted that he was considering starting Carlos Tevez alongside Wayne Rooney and Dimitar Berbatov after the Argentinian's influential performance after coming off the bench at half-time against Tottenham on Saturday.

Influential
"The performance of the second half and Carlos Tevez's introduction certainly changed the game and that is not lost on me," he highlighted.

The former Aberdeen manager also adds that he is not surprised by the Premier League's dominance of this season's competition with three English sides in the last four.

"The top four (in the Premier League) are probably the best teams in Europe now," he claimed.

"That's proved with the three teams in the semi-finals again. Last year we had an all English final and we could have an all English final again."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11945_5251655,00.html

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Champions' League Semi Final, leg 1: manchester united vs arsenal
« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2009, 05:03:43 PM »
dat man can bait more basket then a fisherman in cedros

Offline RedDevils

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 29, 2009, 09:05:25 AM »
C'mon UNITED.
Glory, Glory MANUTD.

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 29, 2009, 09:15:56 AM »
I does wonder how the arse reporters does understand Fergie in press conferences, much less try to quote him. I feel most of them quoted sentences is 'fill in the blanks'

kinda disappointed with the lack of shit talk from both managers in the lead up to this clash.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 29, 2009, 09:37:49 AM »
I does wonder how the arse reporters does understand Fergie in press conferences, much less try to quote him. I feel most of them quoted sentences is 'fill in the blanks'

kinda disappointed with the lack of shit talk from both managers in the lead up to this clash.

they said they are both maturer and have gained respect for each other and they will let their sides do the talking

Massive game today... should be a thing of beauty.. The Stretford End and West Stand will have 2 massive mosaic's to greet the player
1 is BELIEVE like vs Barca last season and the other is a montage of i think Giggs celebrating vs Arsenal in 99 after the amazing goal

Squad selection is the thing that everyone is wondering about

it's either going to be

VDS                             VDS

O'Shea                        O'Shea
Rio                              Rio
Vidic                            Vidic
Evra                            Evra

Ronaldo                       Ronaldo
Fletcher/Anderson         Fletch/Ando
Carrick                        Carrick
Rooney                        Rooney

Tevez                           Giggs
Berba                           Berba

and there is still a Park option....   Fergie have it tough this rounds... go with the fantastic 4 and run riot or go with Giggsy and keep it calm and look for a narrow 1-0 or possibly 2-0

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 29, 2009, 10:21:46 AM »

Is only one end could open at a time yuh know acb. If they bamsee quaking they can't talk.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 29, 2009, 11:24:55 AM »
glory glory  ;D
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

Offline MarylandTrini

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 29, 2009, 12:07:19 PM »
Almunia
Sagna
Toure
Tweety
Gibbs
Walcott
Song
Fabregas
Nasri
Diaby
Adebayor

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 29, 2009, 12:19:46 PM »
VDS

O'Shea
Rio
Vidic
Evra

Fletcher
Carrick
Anderson

Ronaldo
Tevez
Rooney

Bench: Foster..Evans..Rafael..Giggs..Scholes..Park..Berba

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 29, 2009, 12:20:04 PM »
Shaka just shout out he boy Dwight on ESPN for the first 20 goal season in a decade back in 90 something.

he preface that with something like Wegner will be happy to concede 2, even 3 .... if he could get at least 1 away goal.

Shaka boy, stop drinking that CT water. LOL.

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 29, 2009, 12:30:24 PM »
get ready to rumble.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline RedDevils

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 29, 2009, 12:34:42 PM »
Fergie put out strikers to run at the defence, Rooney and Tevez starting.
Glory, Glory MANUTD.

1]; } ?>