April 25, 2024, 05:01:12 AM

Author Topic: The Enigma of Silvio Spann  (Read 2171 times)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
The Enigma of Silvio Spann
« on: April 16, 2009, 08:24:27 AM »
The Enigma of Silvio Spann
markwfc.blogspot.com

So what do you make of Silvio Spann? I'm only asking because I've still got no idea what to think of him!

He's enjoying a rare run in the side, and I'm glad to see it. After all, we're not going to be able to judge his value unless we have a good look at him. The trouble is, having seen him playing week-in week-out I'm still none the wiser!

There are moments when you feel he has a bit more quality than the players around him, but does he really get close to delivering on his promise and potential often enough?

Take the Altrincham game. There are those who were furious he was withdrawn so early, with less than ten minutes of the second half gone, and I can understand that as there were little flashes of promise from him.

However, I can't say I was terribly surprised he got the hook as he was awfully peripheral. He had the odd moment, but it wasn't sustained by any stretch of the imagination, and to miss that glorious chance Anoruo provided for him by dallying and not getting a shot in when he was heart-broken two days earlier over two similar but tougher chances he squandered at Oxford because he hesitated was very disappointing.

I don't know if I want Dean Saunders to keep faith in him or not, and equally I've no idea if Deano's giving him a run to help him bed into a new position or if he's taking a good hard look before deciding whether or not to pay him off.

The thing is, I suspect I still won't have made my mind up about the enigmatic Silvio when he finally leaves us, whenever that might be.

The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
Re: The Enigma of Silvio Spann
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2009, 08:46:20 AM »
This man was such a big player once, what the hell happeneed ? I know his wife wanted him to quit football wonder if she have anthing to do with the way he has declined ?

Leroy Spann is a big shoe to fill.

Hopefully Silas Spann might do better.

Silvio is 27 so its not to late to turn it around.

Good luck youth.
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline saga pinto

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2009, 10:01:53 AM »
This man was such a big player once, what the hell happeneed ? I know his wife wanted him to quit football wonder if she have anthing to do with the way he has declined ?

Leroy Spann is a big shoe to fill.

Hopefully Silas Spann might do better.

Silvio is 27 so its not to late to turn it around.

Good luck youth.

That's sad to hear,especially that part about his wife wanting him to quit playing football,wow wow people still behave like that.listen my wife and I have been married for over 17 years she met me playing ball and never once has she ever hinted or suggested that I stop,now if I had a medical condition that's a different story but even presently with my bad knees I still run-out with a over 40 team.

This is amazing how he went from looking promising to lacking the lustre and fortitude to secure a place on any team presently....

I think the woman part needs to be explored some more,but at the end of the day so yuh make yuh bed so yuh lie on it....

Remember see me and come live with me is different.......   

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2009, 11:35:06 AM »
The man is very spiritual and God guides his life like he does for Marvin. So if he believes is God speak through his wife...well what can we say?

Anyways, what new position he being groomed in, according to the article?
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2009, 12:04:10 PM »
The man is very spiritual and God guides his life like he does for Marvin. So if he believes is God speak through his wife...well what can we say?

Y God cyah speak 2 he wife he have 2 use d wife? Loud Steups I begining to understand y d family tell him not 2 get hitch
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline saga pinto

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2009, 12:30:35 PM »

Ah was'nt going to touch this one but yuh see this god thing an doh get me wrong I'm also a spiritual man who believes in god but which god spoke through his wife,is it the same god that told him his destiny was paved through football and then suddenly turned around an told him listen to your wife.....

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2009, 12:31:15 PM »

Ah was'nt going to touch this one but yuh see this god thing an doh get me wrong I'm also a spiritual man who believes in god but which god spoke through his wife,is it the same god that told him his destiny was paved through football and then suddenly turned around an told him listen to your wife.....

Well said plus cosign
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2009, 04:01:32 PM »
Tell them spideybuff. I see some seed fell on good ground. Your dear mother will be well pleased. I cant believe his form or lack thereof has anything to do with his wife. He is the one on the field and performance counts.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2009, 04:06:16 PM »
Please, dont blame the wifey!!!!!!

Offline scooby

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2009, 04:15:57 PM »
Just like densil he beg to come home he should have stayed in japan a bit longer and develope some more

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2009, 11:15:39 PM »
Always viewed him an a vastly overrated player. I don't see all the accolades men attribute his skill to.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2009, 01:24:06 PM »
Please, dont blame the wifey!!!!!!

Ok wifey

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2009, 02:09:12 PM »
Just like densil he beg to come home he should have stayed in japan a bit longer and develope some more

correction he should have stayed in italy!!!
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

1]; } ?>