April 29, 2024, 09:11:24 AM

Author Topic: T&T vs Costa Rica set for Dwight Yorke Stadium  (Read 27416 times)

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
Re: T&T vs Costa Rica set for Dwight Yorke Stadium
« Reply #90 on: April 17, 2009, 01:31:49 PM »
The US does play WC in different cities. Spain, Italy and Germany does do it to. Even Brazil does play in different cities.  If our team was plenty good, it would not have matter where the game is played. Because our team so shakey we have no confidence in them. I am glad the Tobago got the game, but this was a vaille que vaille decision. All the the reasons people on this site mentioned for moving the game could be true. Only one man decision counts here.!!!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/EVHdhcGWseI" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/EVHdhcGWseI</a>

So what is Oliver Camp's purpose then!?  :devil:
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline noize

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: April 17, 2009, 02:15:05 PM »
 :devil: Is it just me or is Jack one of the worst speakers you have ever heard...the man sound like he has marbles in his mouth...WTF!!! is that .!!! :rotfl: :rotfl:
« Last Edit: April 17, 2009, 02:17:18 PM by noize »

Offline dwolfman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Malvern Sports Club
« Reply #92 on: April 17, 2009, 06:06:35 PM »
We know how to make a big deal about anything. It didn't matter where the match was scheduled, once it was at a venue different from the HCS people would have a problem. We are typically resistant to change here, so it doesn't suprise me that a change in venue is creating a fuss.

I think the game will be well supported whichever of the 5 stadia used. That argument is a weak one. The type of support will not vary significantly. So that too is a weak argument. For a group of players that play mainly in the UK and other parts of Europe I can hardly imagine playing in Tobago will be anything close to an away game or difficult to adjust to.

We are not so big a country that distance is prohibitive for the die hard spectators who can afford ticket prices to go. Tobago will cost more to attend simply because of the cost of the boat or plane to get there and for those who don't have the option of staying by a friend, the cost of accomodation.

All our home games, from 1st round to hex, are important and if we could not beat Bermuda in the HCS what makes it this all important venue for us to play a critical home game against a team we not accustomed to beating (home or away)?

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: April 17, 2009, 06:14:49 PM »
We know how to make a big deal about anything. It didn't matter where the match was scheduled, once it was at a venue different from the HCS people would have a problem. We are typically resistant to change here, so it doesn't suprise me that a change in venue is creating a fuss.

I think the game will be well supported whichever of the 5 stadia used. That argument is a weak one. The type of support will not vary significantly. So that too is a weak argument. For a group of players that play mainly in the UK and other parts of Europe I can hardly imagine playing in Tobago will be anything close to an away game or difficult to adjust to.

We are not so big a country that distance is prohibitive for the die hard spectators who can afford ticket prices to go. Tobago will cost more to attend simply because of the cost of the boat or plane to get there and for those who don't have the option of staying by a friend, the cost of accomodation.

All our home games, from 1st round to hex, are important and if we could not beat Bermuda in the HCS what makes it this all important venue for us to play a critical home game against a team we not accustomed to beating (home or away)?
:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:
I readin d arguments an' all I processin is tong, east-west people again!
I pity the fool....

Offline Fantastic

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: April 17, 2009, 06:33:53 PM »
We didn't play Bermuda in HCS, did we? I have no problem with the game in Tobago. Is not de same people....Trinidad and Tobago, ent? Try something different, wha we try so far ent really wukkin that good. On to Tobago!
Doh loss yuh head boss

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: April 19, 2009, 02:20:30 PM »
Well, well, well its nice to see Trinidadians getting all concerned over things like tickets, transport and accommodation for ah change.....things Tobagonians have to hurt dey head over umpteen times to attend games in Trinidad......

Tobagonians usually deal with it in 2 ways.....make de trek to Trinidad and doh complain or stay in Tobago miss de game and doh complain....

Try it Trinidadians, all yuh might like it....

Oh gorm ;D
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: April 19, 2009, 06:36:20 PM »
So is it time to talk about reservations and ting yet? Can we just hijack a hotel and make it a socawarriors.net camp. Hang de big flag outside until game day/time.  Any takers. I think we could have a good ole time and well then there is de football too..  ;D ;D
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline mouie

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: April 19, 2009, 09:38:03 PM »
One set ah wile Trinis in Tobago?Thire goes the neibourhood :rotfl:

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: April 20, 2009, 05:52:22 AM »
One set ah wile Trinis in Tobago?Thire goes the neibourhood :rotfl:

lololol  up in flames!  :flamethrower: :flamethrower:
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: April 20, 2009, 11:30:33 AM »
so be it
crab and dumplin and tnt win
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline pardners

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: April 20, 2009, 11:44:59 AM »
I wonder what kinda response we would get from the forum if the next game is put at Mannie Ramjohn Stadium ?  I hope the peeps say is a good move too...spread the football around the country.
"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better."        Every once in while a good post does come along.

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: April 20, 2009, 11:53:43 AM »
If dey ent win they could put the next match in the savannah and all.

In fact if we lorse the next two games just have free admission for the rest of the campaign.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: April 20, 2009, 06:00:17 PM »
:devil: Is it just me or is Jack one of the worst speakers you have ever heard...the man sound like he has marbles in his mouth...WTF!!! is that .!!! :rotfl: :rotfl:
:rotfl:

Jack should stick to football and nothing else that is important. He being Prime minister would be big joke on trini society.  Thats like Don King being president of the United States of America. : :D

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: April 20, 2009, 06:07:53 PM »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/EVHdhcGWseI" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/EVHdhcGWseI</a>

Jack does use aol AIM?  Listen to the door open sound effect @ 6:05.  I wonder what he screenname is. Any guesses?

Offline dwolfman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Malvern Sports Club
« Reply #104 on: April 20, 2009, 10:09:03 PM »
Jack does use aol AIM?  Listen to the door open sound effect @ 6:05.  I wonder what he screenname is. Any guesses?

RamJack_10!

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: April 21, 2009, 12:01:01 PM »
Allyuh book yet? Every weekend in tobago seem to be selllout way in advance these days (transport wise I mean)
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline pardners

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: April 21, 2009, 12:39:45 PM »
Allyuh book yet? Every weekend in tobago seem to be selllout way in advance these days (transport wise I mean)

After experiencing that fight up with them games like Bharain in the HCS, to get the ticket and then to get in the game, with a stadium holding 8,000...I ent going and fight up in Tobago sah.  Plus, I does see nuff man getting leave back in the airport and boat after Great Race, Easter and Jazz Festival...this game ent go be too much of a different scenario.
"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better."        Every once in while a good post does come along.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: April 21, 2009, 08:45:52 PM »

After experiencing that fight up with them games like Bharain in the HCS, to get the ticket and then to get in the game, with a stadium holding 8,000...I ent going and fight up in Tobago sah.  Plus, I does see nuff man getting leave back in the airport and boat after Great Race, Easter and Jazz Festival...this game ent go be too much of a different scenario.

It eh have so much diehard fans 2 follow dat team 2 bago.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: April 22, 2009, 08:27:37 AM »
Not to sound ignorant...but if they selling the tickets online again, plenty Tobagonians will have internet access to book them or it will be a kinda circumstantial discrimination, thus forcing Jack to have a quota for Trinis and put the rest on sale at the stadium?

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: April 22, 2009, 03:19:42 PM »
Not to sound ignorant...but if they selling the tickets online again, plenty Tobagonians will have internet access to book them or it will be a kinda circumstantial discrimination, thus forcing Jack to have a quota for Trinis and put the rest on sale at the stadium?

D peeps have internet aplenty in Bago

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: April 22, 2009, 04:11:14 PM »

Boy!! weh yuh feel.....tobago is ah seperate entity from trinidad?? and yes you did sound like a complete and utter moron!!

my causins in bago livin real good , much better than me here in foreign. wid their own houses and ah mean pretty house wid jacuzzi and hot and cold water multiple bathrooms the whole nine! and is not just them, all they friends as well.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2009, 06:24:22 PM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline kandi_tt

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: April 23, 2009, 10:13:03 AM »
please note that ferry tickets have not yet gone on sale for may or june, will let u know as soon as they do however.  remember ferry and air tickets are valid for one year, so if yuh book and aint go u can still use them.
iNnOcEnT aNd UnInFoRmEd...

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: April 23, 2009, 10:42:08 AM »
please note that ferry tickets have not yet gone on sale for may or june, will let u know as soon as they do however.  remember ferry and air tickets are valid for one year, so if yuh book and aint go u can still use them.

Nex ting it have rough seas alert and ferry cyah go place.

I have no problem with the game being staged in Tobago

EXCEPT

It's a WC Qualifier.  It's a home game for us.  How many games has THIS TEAM ever played at the DY Stadium?  How many games at the DY Stadium have any of our current National team players played at the HCS?

Are there any plans to play any friendlies prior to the June 6th CR game so that players can get a feel?
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: April 23, 2009, 10:48:51 AM »

Nex ting it have rough seas alert and ferry cyah go place.

I have no problem with the game being staged in Tobago

EXCEPT

It's a WC Qualifier.  It's a home game for us.  How many games has THIS TEAM ever played at the DY Stadium?  How many games at the DY Stadium have any of our current National team players played at the HCS?

Are there any plans to play any friendlies prior to the June 6th CR game so that players can get a feel?

It just mean that we not serious bout dis campaign. Removal of d goat a yr 2 late now d must win game at a venue that not familiar 2 d players includin d man d stadium name after

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: April 23, 2009, 10:50:55 AM »

Now I cyah handle d boat scene but since is 2day is 2 day fella I deal wit I go put out d 100 so if e change he gray matter I eh go b soooooooooooo upset

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: April 23, 2009, 11:18:35 AM »

Boy!! weh yuh feel.....tobago is ah seperate entity from trinidad?? and yes you did sound like a complete and utter moron!!

my causins in bago livin real good , much better than me here in foreign. wid their own houses and ah mean pretty house wid jacuzzi and hot and cold water multiple bathrooms the whole nine! and is not just them, all they friends as well.

I am very much aware that their is internet in Tobago and I am sure that people with jacuzzi and hot and cold water would have it. I talking about the next 8000 people.

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: April 23, 2009, 11:57:48 AM »
Ehy EHy I have seen the brilliance and masterstroke by the TTFF of staging this game in Tobago.

They have realised the campaign is over and are helping the nation by hiding the cutarse that may transpire.

Only 7500 will see as opposed to 25,000.

Additionally, no TV feed or internet feed will be available and all we will get is a small paragraph in the papers the following day giving us the score and informing the public of the team's travel plans to Mexico.

In fact I woulda prefer not to see what happened vs the USA in the last match.

If yuh cyar baffle them with brilliance...blind them with bullshit.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: April 23, 2009, 11:58:48 AM »
Ehy EHy I have seen the brilliance and masterstroke by the TTFF of staging this game in Tobago.

They have realised the campaign is over and are helping the nation by hiding the cutarse that may transpire.

Only 7500 will see as opposed to 25,000.

Additionally, no TV feed or internet feed will be available and all we will get is a small paragraph in the papers the following day giving us the score and informing the public of the team's travel plans to Mexico.

In fact I woulda prefer not to see what happened vs the USA in the last match.

If yuh cyar baffle them with brilliance...blind them with bullshit.

:beermug: :beermug:

Offline kandi_tt

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: April 25, 2009, 06:42:10 AM »

Now I cyah handle d boat scene but since is 2day is 2 day fella I deal wit I go put out d 100 so if e change he gray matter I eh go b soooooooooooo upset

well d ferry schedules for may and june are so that means tickets are now on sale.

www.patnt.com
iNnOcEnT aNd UnInFoRmEd...

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: April 25, 2009, 03:44:34 PM »

well d ferry schedules for may and june are so that means tickets are now on sale.

www.patnt.com

A million thanks organize peeps organize

1]; } ?>