April 20, 2024, 12:45:30 AM

Author Topic: Stuff you read in football magazines  (Read 3010 times)

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
Stuff you read in football magazines
« on: April 17, 2009, 09:07:11 AM »
I was recently reading the most recent edition of UEFA Champions League official magazine and some of the little things you read in the articles are always insightful.

There was a small tidbit about Inzaghi and really show me how much of a goal piyong he is. He said he always dreamed about what it would be like to score in a Champions League final and when he finally did, he was not able to sleep for a whole seven days. They also said he doesn't eat any sauce whatsoever on his pasta because he wants to stay as healthy and fit as possible. Anything to get an edge over the competition.

On the diet part.. Van Persie said that he used to consume 3 steaks a week and have real muscle problems last season until he was advised to cut back on his meat intake. He said now is strictly pasta and fish and since then he has noticed a big difference with muscular problems and he is able to better manage his body through the season. He say he tell Kolo Toure too, as he was a man used to eat level meat every day and is the same results.

It had a part about the Liverpool coaching staff that really show me how meticulous dem fellahs is. Jamie Carragher say on the plane back from Istanbul, they were celebrating and passing the trophy to friends and family in the plane. He sit down next to Paco Ayesteran (ex-liverpool team coach), and the man was busy on his laptop. When he ask him what he doing, the man say he planning pre-season training for the next year yes. Gerrard corraborates this in an earlier edition I read, when he said that after they beat AC Milan in that memorable final and were waiting to go up to the podium, Benitez was berating him about some mistakes he made in the game where he could have improved. lol

They also have an article about free kick taking. They talk about how Juninho does kick the ball on the valve and use the edge of his toe to get the ball to go up and then come down real fast. Pirlo is a man copy the technique as well.. They also talk about Ronaldo's technique. Real interesting stuff.

I also read a Hiddink interview that make me smile. The man say he never coach a player in his life like Romario. He say it had times where it would be the eve of a big match and he would be worried about the match and the opposition. He say Romario would calmly walk up to him and say, "Coach, what are you worrying about? They are going to pass the ball to me, and then I am going to score and then we will win the game!"

And then so said, so done the man used to come and do it, no worries.

I really like the detail and format in the Champions League magazines and will probably subscribe next year. 4-4-2 magazine is pretty good as well.

Just interested to hear about any other stuff like that you might have read in magazines.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
Re: Stuff you read in football magazines
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2009, 09:22:06 AM »
Dat is a level and degree of professionalism that alien to us and we "football culture".

Imagine u tellin Dwarika to cut out KFC because it adversely affectin he body?  Or tellin Latas to stop smokin etc.?

Dat is why Dwight Yorke reach whey he reach....he had superior talent...but is de work he do behind de scenes is what make him into de player he is and it partly explains why Latas did not have more success at a higher level.

De sacrifices & discipline dat not jes players...but coaches and everybody associated with the game to be successful these days is unimaginable to most a we.  Yuh will have yuh "freaks of nature" like a Romario but even dem so does wuk HARD at dey game.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2009, 09:30:28 AM »
That kicking on the valve ting is old news... I and all does do that... Juninho holding back the real secret because I is still ah shithong
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2009, 10:00:00 AM »
lol
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline LondonTrini LFC

• El mejor...
  • Jr. Warrior
  • Rafa is Magic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2009, 11:09:23 AM »
Get the 4-4-2 with SOUTH AMERICA on the cover and read about how Socrates feels about Ronaldo's move to Corinthians...
Shut up Sven...

Offline Saltanfresh

• Sr. Warrior
  • Doi! Doi! Doi!....everytime
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2009, 11:24:33 AM »
That kicking on the valve ting is old news... I and all does do that... Juninho holding back the real secret because I is still ah shithong

Yeah, I have been sucessfully using this technique for a couple years now but yuh have to make sure that the inside of your little toe make contact with the valve on impact.

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2009, 11:31:20 AM »
Dat is a level and degree of professionalism that alien to us and we "football culture".

Imagine u tellin Dwarika to cut out KFC because it adversely affectin he body?  Or tellin Latas to stop smokin etc.?

Dat is why Dwight Yorke reach whey he reach....he had superior talent...but is de work he do behind de scenes is what make him into de player he is and it partly explains why Latas did not have more success at a higher level.

De sacrifices & discipline dat not jes players...but coaches and everybody associated with the game to be successful these days is unimaginable to most a we.  Yuh will have yuh "freaks of nature" like a Romario but even dem so does wuk HARD at dey game.

Thought it was just me alone who used to think so yes.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline LondonTrini LFC

• El mejor...
  • Jr. Warrior
  • Rafa is Magic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2009, 11:43:24 AM »

Yeah, I have been sucessfully using this technique for a couple years now but yuh have to make sure that the inside of your little toe make contact with the valve on impact.

The INSIDE of your little toe?...

how you doin dat?...

I does listen for the sound of the grass... if yuh kicking freekicks (as in practicing) there are many various techniques that you can use to better your technique, I usually listen for "the sound" the grass makes upon coming into contact with the ball... Hard to visualize?... give it a try one of the days...

The valve thing is is only really useful on the ball that is glued together as the surface is clean and offers a much better strike, on footballs that are stitched it only serves to weaken the valve area...
Shut up Sven...

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
  • ah doh puh water in meh mouth to talk
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2009, 11:53:25 AM »
 :rotfl: :rotfl: WTF I hearing here boy!!! one man say he kick the ball with the inside of his pinky toe and next man say he does listen to the grass :rotfl: :rotfl: Allure is rell kicks in here yes. I does threaten the ball to puncture he arse if he doh score when I kick him :devil:

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2009, 12:23:02 PM »

how you doin dat?...

I does listen for the sound of the grass... if yuh kicking freekicks (as in practicing) there are many various techniques that you can use to better your technique, I usually listen for "the sound" the grass makes upon coming into contact with the ball... Hard to visualize?... give it a try one of the days...

The valve thing is is only really useful on the ball that is glued together as the surface is clean and offers a much better strike, on footballs that are stitched it only serves to weaken the valve area...

well from what i read, the valve thing has as much to do with the difference in the surface as the fact that inside the ball where the valve is, the weight is heavier than the opposing side where there is no valve. So when u kick into it, something happens with the way the pressure is distributed...

look me eh know nuh..

but listening to de grass king? nah boy, yuh wasting yuh talents posting here, go and take Keon Daniel wuk... lol

Offline LondonTrini LFC

• El mejor...
  • Jr. Warrior
  • Rafa is Magic
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2009, 01:03:37 PM »

how you doin dat?...

well from what i read, the valve thing has as much to do with the difference in the surface as the fact that inside the ball where the valve is, the weight is heavier than the opposing side where there is no valve. So when u kick into it, something happens with the way the pressure is distributed...

look me eh know nuh..

but listening to de grass king? nah boy, yuh wasting yuh talents posting here, go and take Keon Daniel wuk... lol

Oh yeah... ah forget... allyuh doh play on grass... say wha...
Shut up Sven...

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2009, 01:23:33 PM »
Horse wha de grass does be saying? enlighten we

"ah lil more instep nex time"

"that was a nice one.. you almost get it"

"de keeper cheating to de left.. go over de wall"

"mind how yuh spitting on meh nah... it kinda nasty"

"tell de groundsman ah need a trim"
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline LondonTrini LFC

• El mejor...
  • Jr. Warrior
  • Rafa is Magic
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2009, 01:29:01 PM »

pretty much...  :rotfl:
Shut up Sven...

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
  • ah doh puh water in meh mouth to talk
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2009, 01:29:33 PM »

I thinking to myself if it's like in the movies where everything and everyone gets quiet before he kicks the ball, only he can hear the grass whispering gently in his ear " you can do it"  BOOOOM he kicks the ball and GOOALLLLLLLLL.  :rotfl: :rotfl:

Offline daryn

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2009, 02:00:07 PM »

why you choose those particular examples?  why not kelvin jack, dennis lawrence or marvin andrews? 

Offline Bianconeri

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2009, 02:07:10 PM »
too bad trini doh get them mags.

shit expensive to subscribe to and bring down

giggsy11

« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2009, 02:12:15 PM »

LMFAO! Yuh hah meh dying yes! :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

giggsy11

« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2009, 02:13:10 PM »

He must have smokin some rell good grass tuh be havin dat conversation!

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2009, 05:16:08 PM »

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
Ah cyar read no more....ah done!!....
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2009, 05:24:09 PM »
 :rotfl:

"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2009, 05:28:16 PM »

:rotfl: :rotfl:

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2009, 12:05:07 AM »
Yuh could hit the bal where yuh want, you still have to have very, very god technique in stiking the ball before you could start thinking about all these other things.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

1]; } ?>