April 28, 2024, 02:26:27 PM

Author Topic: Photos from the 5th Summit of the Americas  (Read 52939 times)

Offline STEUPS!!

• Hero Warrior
  • a.k.a warrior queen
    • View Profile
Re: Photos from the 5th Summit of Americas
« Reply #30 on: April 17, 2009, 04:39:41 PM »
Obama is such a motherf**king rock star.

Carry on...

swagger on a hundred thousand trillion!
Doh f**k wit MY warriors!!!

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 17, 2009, 04:45:18 PM »
Check d Father of d Nation!  ;D

On a serious note tho, he could use a new stylist, dat suit has some very unhealthy lapels and it lookin like it has 3+ buttons... very un-GQ.

Remember though GQ mainly highlights runway fashion and fashion trends... not necessarily business suits... which are cut differently from the European-inspired threads showcased in GQ.

But Patos definitely need a new tailor... the suit material and cut outdated, plus it seems ill-fitting.  Dunno if he lost weight due to the recent surgery.

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #32 on: April 17, 2009, 04:45:42 PM »
The Nicaraguan President say he wait for 3 hours in the airport.  

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 17, 2009, 04:47:34 PM »

Reuters Pictures  16 minutes ago

U.S. President Barack Obama (C) stands between Guatemala's President Alvaro Colom (L) and Costa Rican President Oscar Arias (R) at the start of the opening ceremonies of the 5th Summit of the Americas in Port of Spain April 17, 2009. Leaders from across the Americas gathered on Friday for a summit overshadowed by an intense debate over a possible reconciliation between the United States and Cuba and how this could be achieved.

Reuters Pictures  22 minutes ago

Argentine President Cristina Fernandez gives a speech at the opening ceremony of the 5th Summit of the Americas in Port of Spain, April 17, 2009. Leaders from across the Americas gathered on Friday for a summit overshadowed by an intense debate over a possible reconciliation between the United States and Cuba and how this could be achieved.

Reuters Pictures  30 minutes ago

U.S. President Barack Obama (C) arrives at his seat in front of Guatemala's President Alvaro Colom (L) and Guyana's President Bharrat Jagdeo at the start of the opening ceremonies of the 5th Summit of the Americas in Port of Spain April 17, 2009. Leaders from across the Americas gathered on Friday for a summit overshadowed by an intense debate over a possible reconciliation between the United States and Cuba and how this could be achieved.

Reuters Pictures  16 minutes ago

Argentina's President Cristina Fernandez stands between Prime Minister of Antigua and Barbuda Baldwin Spencer (L) and the Prime Minister of Barbados David Thompson at the start of the opening ceremony of the 5th Summit of the Americas in Port of Spain April 17, 2009.

Reuters Pictures  23 minutes ago

Argentine President Cristina Fernandez (R) gives her speech during the opening ceremony of the 5th Summit of the Americas in Port of Spain, April 17, 2009.

Reuters Pictures  28 minutes ago

U.S. President Barack Obama (C) arrives at his seat in front of Guatemala's President Alvaro Colom (L) and Guyana's President Bharrat Jagdeo at the start of the opening ceremonies of the 5th Summit of the Americas in Port of Spain April 17, 2009. Leaders from across the Americas gathered on Friday for a summit overshadowed by an intense debate over a possible reconciliation between the United States and Cuba and how this could be achieved.

Reuters Pictures  15 minutes ago

Argentina's President Cristina Fernandez arrives for the opening ceremony of the 5th Summit of the Americas in Port of Spain April 17, 2009.

Reuters Pictures  26 minutes ago

Panama's President Martin Torrijos (L) talks to his counterparts Venezuela's President Hugo Chavez (R) and Uruguay's President Tabare Vazquez (C) during the opening ceremony of the 5th Summit of the Americas in Port of Spain April 17, 2009.

Reuters Pictures  12 minutes ago

U.S. President Barack Obama speaks with Costa Rican President Oscar Arias (R) at the start of the opening ceremony of the 5th Summit of the Americas in Port of Spain April 17, 2009.

Reuters Pictures  25 minutes ago

U.S. President Barack Obama (L) and his Guatemalan counterpart Alvaro Colom arrive for the opening ceremony of the 5th Summit of the Americas in Port of Spain April 17, 2009. Leaders from across the Americas gathered on Friday for a summit overshadowed by an intense debate over a possible reconciliation between the United States and Cuba and how this could be achieved.

Reuters Pictures  19 minutes ago

U.S. President Barack Obama arrives for the opening ceremony of the 5th Summit of the Americas in Port of Spain April 17, 2009. Leaders from across the Americas gathered on Friday for a summit overshadowed by an intense debate over a possible reconciliation between the United States and Cuba and how this could be achieved.

Reuters Pictures  21 minutes ago

Argentine President Cristina Fernandez (R) gives her speech during the opening ceremony of the 5th Summit of the Americas in Port of Spain, April 17, 2009.

Reuters Pictures  29 minutes ago

United States President Barack Obama arrives to attend the opening ceremony of the 5th Summit of the Americas in Port of Spain, April 17, 2009.

Reuters Pictures  14 minutes ago

U.S. President Barack Obama reaches out to Costa Rican President Oscar Arias (R) at the start of the opening ceremonies of the 5th Summit of the Americas in Port of Spain April 17, 2009. Leaders from across the Americas gathered on Friday for a summit overshadowed by an intense debate over a possible reconciliation between the United States and Cuba and how this could be achieved.

Reuters Pictures  8 minutes ago

U.S. President Barack Obama walks up to join 33 fellow leaders for the opening ceremonies of the 5th Summit of the Americas in Port of Spain April 17, 2009. Leaders from across the Americas gathered on Friday for a summit overshadowed by an intense debate over a possible reconciliation between the United States and Cuba and how this could be achieved.

Reuters Pictures  20 minutes ago

U.S. President Barack Obama arrives for the opening ceremonies of the 5th Summit of the Americas in Port of Spain April 17, 2009. Leaders from across the Americas gathered on Friday for a summit overshadowed by an intense debate over a possible reconciliation between the United States and Cuba and how this could be achieved.

Reuters Pictures  8 minutes ago

U.S. President Barack Obama listens to the translation as he attends the opening ceremony of the 5th Summit of the Americas in Port of Spain April 17, 2009.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2009, 04:51:44 PM by Die.Hard.Warrior »
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline STEUPS!!

• Hero Warrior
  • a.k.a warrior queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 17, 2009, 04:50:14 PM »
obama does reall y do it to meh boi.  :-[

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 17, 2009, 04:51:04 PM »
Baldwin Spencer look like he line up someting fuh later  ;D
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 17, 2009, 04:52:37 PM »

On a serious note tho, he could use a new stylist, dat suit has some very unhealthy lapels and it lookin like it has 3+ buttons... very un-GQ.

Remember though GQ mainly highlights runway fashion and fashion trends... not necessarily business suits... which are cut differently from the European-inspired threads showcased in GQ.

But Patos definitely need a new tailor... the suit material and cut outdated, plus it seems ill-fitting.  Dunno if he lost weight due to the recent surgery.

Runway or no runway, Patos cannot be rockin a suit wid more than 2 buttons in 2009. You will never see (and have never seen) yuh boy Obama in a suit wid more than 2 buttons 8)  :beermug:

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 17, 2009, 04:58:51 PM »
Runway or no runway, Patos cannot be rockin a suit wid more than 2 buttons in 2009. You will never see (and have never seen) yuh boy Obama in a suit wid more than 2 buttons 8)  :beermug:

Nah three-button suits still in style... for Obama is probably just a matter of personal taste.

The type of suits you see in GQ is the type you'd expect to see on Beckham etc.  They have a narrower cut and so they look constricting if it had more than the two buttons.  That's also why you almost never see them with both buttons buttoned.  You're supposed to button the top button only if you're shorter (or heavier) and the bottom button only if you're taller.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 17, 2009, 05:03:49 PM »
Good looking out dey Die Hard...thanks...

only 2 trinitarians protesting??  :-X :-X

Manning Comm of Police ban the FITUN protest carded for Saturday....
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 17, 2009, 05:05:24 PM »
coast guard must be steupsing....they never wuk so hard yet.

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 17, 2009, 05:05:36 PM »

Nah three-button suits still in style... for Obama is probably just a matter of personal taste.

The type of suits you see in GQ is the type you'd expect to see on Beckham etc.  They have a narrower cut and so they look constricting if it had more than the two buttons.  That's also why you almost never see them with both buttons buttoned.  You're supposed to button the top button only if you're shorter (or heavier) and the bottom button only if you're taller.

lol, kill it wid d GQ talk, I wasnt being serious about GQ, I was jus sayin his suit kinda old. ;D

In Europe, if u wear more than 2 buttons u look like an imps, I guess its different in d US. I'm suprised tho, I cant think of any stylish person who wears 3 buttons anymore.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 17, 2009, 05:13:13 PM »

Reuters Pictures  24 minutes ago

U.S. President Barack Obama greets his Venezuela counterpart Hugo Chavez before the opening ceremony of the 5th Summit of the Americas in Port of Spain April 17, 2009.

Reuters Pictures  25 minutes ago

U.S. President Barack Obama greets his Venezuela counterpart Hugo Chavez before the opening ceremony of the 5th Summit of the Americas in Port of Spain April 17, 2009.

Reuters Pictures  16 minutes ago

Reuters Pictures  29 minutes ago

Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez arrives at his hotel before the opening ceremony of the 5th Summit of the Americas in Port of Spain April 17, 2009.

Reuters Pictures  17 minutes ago

U.S. President Barack Obama (L) greets his Venezuelan counterpart Hugo Chavez before the opening ceremony of the 5th Summit of the Americas in Port of Spain April 17, 2009. Leaders from across the Americas gathered on Friday for a summit overshadowed by an intense debate over a possible reconciliation between the United States and Cuba and how this could be achieved.

Reuters Pictures  22 minutes ago

Venezuela's President Hugo Chavez (L) greets Argentine President Cristina Fernandez behind Grenada's Prime Minister Keith Mitchell. during the 5th Summit of the Americas in Port of Spain April 17, 2009.

Reuters Pictures  24 minutes ago

Chile's President Michelle Bachelet speaks with her Costa Rican counterpart Oscar Arias (L) while attending the opening ceremony of the 5th Summit of the Americas in Port of Spain, April 17, 2009. Leaders from across the Americas gathered on Friday for a summit overshadowed by an intense debate over a possible reconciliation between the United States and Cuba and how this could be achieved.

Reuters Pictures  20 minutes ago

Venezuela's President Hugo Chavez holds the hand of Argentina's President Cristina Fernandez as she arrives at the opening ceremonies of the 5th Summit of the Americas in Port of Spain April 17, 2009. Leaders from across the Americas gathered on Friday for a summit overshadowed by an intense debate over a possible reconciliation between the United States and Cuba and how this could be achieved.
Youtube Channel

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Offline STEUPS!!

• Hero Warrior
  • a.k.a warrior queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 17, 2009, 05:16:09 PM »
thanks again die hard  :beermug:

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 17, 2009, 05:20:58 PM »
Chavez seems like a fella who could mix it up with anybody....as I see him in the pic with the girl in some kind of costume, I remember when he came in the Hyatt earlier, he was the only Head of State that stopped and talked to 3 women who appeared to be hotel staff....how nice of him....

Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: April 17, 2009, 05:23:52 PM »

lol, kill it wid d GQ talk, I wasnt being serious about GQ, I was jus sayin his suit kinda old. ;D

In Europe, if u wear more than 2 buttons u look like an imps, I guess its different in d US. I'm suprised tho, I cant think of any stylish person who wears 3 buttons anymore.

Dai'z why ah say yuh'll more find it in de business world... here at least.

Offline trinindian

• Hero Warrior
  • Curried Wild Meat With Plenty Hot Pepper
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 17, 2009, 05:24:29 PM »
I go start it

The story in pics

Hugo: Let me give you a hand.

Michelle: Psst Oscar check out Hugo checking out Cristina.
Oscar: I done see that he is a old dawg.

Hugo: look at that colo, have to tell ortega to find out she room number so i could hit that

Obma: I see you scoping out Cristina, yuh wife know about dat.

Hugo: Who me, I was jus being a gentlemen.

Hugo: Don't hate the player hate the game.

« Last Edit: April 20, 2009, 11:14:39 AM by trinindian »

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 17, 2009, 05:25:04 PM »
Chavez seems like a fella who could mix it up with anybody....as I see him in the pic with the girl in some kind of costume, I remember when he came in the Hyatt earlier, he was the only Head of State that stopped and talked to 3 women who appeared to be hotel staff....how nice of him....

De man have real people skills... (dare I say, Barack-esque, lol), doh sleep.

Just because he's ah backside doh mean he's ah asshole too  :rotfl: :rotfl:

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 17, 2009, 05:26:43 PM »

De man have real people skills... (dare I say, Barack-esque, lol), doh sleep.

Just because he's ah backside doh mean he's ah asshole too  :rotfl: :rotfl:

So BnS, you see him as a backside or is that the opinion of others that you portray?
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 17, 2009, 05:31:12 PM »
Barrow hit dat fukking speech out de park boy  :applause:

Barack up now...

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 17, 2009, 05:34:29 PM »
DHW, how ya miss dis picture?

;D ;D
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 17, 2009, 05:35:17 PM »
So BnS, you see him as a backside or is that the opinion of others that you portray?

Chavez is a Grade-A backside... I doh parrot other people opinion.  We could have an nice chat about it later on... he's not de new reincarnation of Bolivar as he's positioning himself to be.

-----------------------

Barack up now... he say "As someone who grew up on an island... I can say, I feel right at home"

"I'm happy that President Ortega didn't blame me for things that happened when I was three months old"  :rotfl: :rotfl:

"I didn't come here to debate the past... I came to deal with the future"

De LYRICCSSSSS King, lol

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 17, 2009, 05:44:09 PM »
Baldwin Spencer look like he line up someting fuh later  ;D

ent? but look like chavez foilin he plans.
....wha kinda soul brudder handshake chavez tryin to hook obama wit dey?

ah like de Trinitarian outfit too bad

tings change eh..when I was a youth the holiday inn with its revolving restaurant was the pinnacle...now dem other hotels makin it look like a motel 6
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 17, 2009, 05:49:11 PM »

AP Photo  7 hours ago

Panama's President Martin Torrijos arrives for the 5th Summit of the Americas in Port of Spain, Trinidad, Friday, April 17, 2009.

Allyuh eh find de baldhead man kinda resemble Bertille?
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 17, 2009, 05:52:46 PM »

Chavez is a Grade-A backside... I doh parrot other people opinion.  We could have an nice chat about it later on... he's not de new reincarnation of Bolivar as he's positioning himself to be.

Cool, we can chat more on it later

Dutty, for real, there is dev taking place at home, but as has been pointed out on many occasions, so much needs to be addressed: crime, nepotism, corruption, accountability, etc etc

Anybody catch the $30M USD promised for the region to address security?  Interesting

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 17, 2009, 05:53:14 PM »

-----------------------

Barack up now... he say "As someone who grew up on an island... I can say, I feel right at home"

"I'm happy that President Ortega didn't blame me for things that happened when I was three months old"  :rotfl: :rotfl:

"I didn't come here to debate the past... I came to deal with the future"

De LYRICCSSSSS King, lol

Ent Bakes...ah cyar get enough ah dis man nah...

Tallman dais the Hon. Martin Joseph the National Security guru.... ::)
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 17, 2009, 05:53:37 PM »
Patos is head...

Patos say he hear Evo Morales juss come off a 5-day hunger strike... and if he ent fully recovered by now, he have some corn soup fuh him.  Or if he rather go Curepe or Debe junction he could feed him some doubles and he'll be a new man.

Ah go fukkin dead yes

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 17, 2009, 06:00:01 PM »

Patos never hear about de "power tie" or what?  He need tuh slap whoever hand him dat pink thing... it distracting mih.

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 17, 2009, 06:02:13 PM »
Looks like Suzanne is in TT, someone asked about her earlier

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Photos from the 5th Summit of the Americas
« Reply #59 on: April 17, 2009, 06:03:22 PM »

Reuters Pictures  48 minutes ago

Argentine President Cristina Fernandez arrives at the opening ceremony of the 5th Summit of the Americas in Port of Spain April 17, 2009.

Reuters Pictures  34 minutes ago

Argentine President Cristina Fernandez gestures during the opening ceremony of the 5th Summit of the Americas in Port of Spain April 17, 2009.

Reuters Pictures  41 minutes ago

Argentina's President Cristina Fernandez walks during the opening ceremony of the 5th Summit of the Americas in Port of Spain April 17, 2009.

U.S. President Barack Obama listens to speeches during the opening ceremony of the Summit of the Americas in Port of Spain April 17, 2009.

Reuters Pictures  42 minutes ago

Brazil's President Luiz Inacio Lula da Silva covers his eyes during the opening ceremony of the 5th Summit of the Americas in Port of Spain April 17, 2009.

Reuters Pictures  47 minutes ago

Nicaragua's President Daniel Ortega gestures while giving his speech during the opening ceremony of the 5th Summit of the Americas in Port of Spain April 17, 2009.

Reuters Pictures  45 minutes ago

Bolivia's President Evo Morales (L), Brazil's President Luiz Inacio Lula Da Silva (R) and Chile's President Michelle Bachelet chat after arriving at the opening ceremony of the 5th Summit of the Americas in Port of Spain April 17, 2009.

Reuters Pictures  18 minutes ago

Brazil's President Luiz Inacio Lula da Silva (L) and his Mexican counterpart Felipe Calderon listen to speeches during the opening ceremony of the 5th Summit of the Americas in Port of Spain April 17, 2009.

U.S. President Barack Obama (R) talks with his Brazilian counterpart Luiz Inacio Lula da Silva (L) before the opening ceremony of the 5th Summit of the Americas in Port of Spain, April 17, 2009. Leaders from across the Americas gathered on Friday for a summit overshadowed by an intense debate over a possible reconciliation between the United States and Cuba and how this could be achieved.

Reuters Pictures  51 minutes ago

Nicaragua's President Daniel Ortega (C) arrives at the opening ceremony of the 5th Summit of the Americas in Port of Spain April 17, 2009.

Reuters Pictures  36 minutes ago

U.S. President Barack Obama talks to Costa Rica's President Oscar Arias (R) as Nicaragua's President Daniel Ortega walks past during the opening ceremony of the 5th Summit of the Americas in Port of Spain April 17, 2009.

Reuters Pictures  43 minutes ago

U.S. President Barack Obama applauds after Nicaragua's President Daniel Ortega's speech during the opening ceremony of the 5th Summit of the Americas in Port of Spain April 17, 2009.
Youtube Channel

1]; } ?>