March 28, 2024, 03:32:58 PM

Author Topic: Neymar da Silva Santos  (Read 21116 times)

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Neymar da Silva Santos
« Reply #120 on: August 04, 2017, 03:29:29 PM »
Hope somebody give the kids back in Sao Paulo a lil something something too

Actually he was from Santos, which is close to Sao Paulo.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #121 on: August 22, 2017, 03:13:08 PM »
Barcelona sue Neymar for breach of contract, seeking bonus plus €8.5m
BY SAMUEL MARSDEN

Barcelona are suing Neymar for a breach of contract after the Brazilian left the club for Paris Saint-Germain earlier this month.

Having already said they would refuse to pay €26 million in bonus payments Neymar was due to receive this summer, Barcelona are now attempting to claim back money already paid to the player.

The Catalan club said on Tuesday they believe they are owed money that Neymar received as part of a renewal bonus when he signed a new contract last year, in addition to €8.5m in damages plus interest.

The amount of the renewal bonus the club are seeking was not immediately made public.

In a statement released on Tuesday, Barca said they had passed the complaint on to the Spanish Football Federation (RFEF), having first filed the lawsuit in a Barcelona court on Aug. 11.

"FC Barcelona have sent a claim to be made against Neymar for breach of contract to the RFEF for it to be passed on to the French Football Federation [FFF] and FIFA," the statement read.

"In the lawsuit, the club demands the player return the already paid sum for his contract renewal because he has not fulfilled his contract; €8.5m in damages; and an additional 10 percent in interest. The club also requests that PSG subsidise the amounts in the event that the player cannot take responsibility."

Neymar put pen to paper on a new five-year deal at Camp Nou last October, and in addition to the bonus he was paid at the time, he was due to receive €26m more this summer.

However, after his world-record €222m transfer to PSG went through, Barcelona spokesman Josep Vives confirmed the club would not be making the payment because Neymar had not fulfilled his contractual duties.

"There were three conditions -- one, that the player didn't negotiate with another club before July 31; two, that he publicly expressed his decision to fulfil his contract; and three, the payment was to be made on Sept. 1 to ensure he didn't go to another club," Vives said.

"With these criteria not met, the club will not pay the renewal bonus. The money is no longer with a notary but back with the club."

Neymar did not publicly say he was considering a move to PSG until Aug. 3, the day Barcelona terminated his contract and he signed with his new team.

Barcelona's claim comes just days after Neymar blasted the club's board.

"I do have something to say: that I am disappointed with them [the Barca directors]," Neymar said after PSG's win over Toulouse on Sunday.

"I spent four years there and was very happy. I began happy, spent four years happy and left happy. But not with them. For me, they shouldn't be in charge of Barca. Barca deserve much better, and everyone knows this.

"To see my former teammates unhappy makes me sad also, because I have many friends [there]. I hope that things get better for Barca. That they return to the team they were and become one that can compete with the others."

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: August 23, 2017, 09:08:10 AM »
Barca making theyself look bad now.  Yuh get almost 200M for him and trying to make scenes over bonus money?  Furthermore how is a player in breach if another team meets the buyout and pries the player away? Steups

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: August 23, 2017, 09:21:13 PM »
Barca making theyself look bad now.  Yuh get almost 200M for him and trying to make scenes over bonus money?  Furthermore how is a player in breach if another team meets the buyout and pries the player away? Steups

Look, this season is pure madness. I read where Barsa is offering 160 for Coutinho. Barsa appears to be desperate with moves like that. But their slogan say that they are more than a club!?

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #124 on: February 10, 2020, 10:34:16 AM »
Beckham, Neymar ‘agree’ to Inter Miami transfer.
By Joe Prince-Wright (NBC Sports).

David Beckham and Neymar have been discussing an Inter Miami transfer for the Brazilian superstar and they aren’t being coy about it at all.

That’s because they’ve both admitted it won’t happen for quite a long time. The main thing here to remember is that they both want it to happen, so bookmark this page and share it when Neymar arrives in MLS at Inter Miami in 2030.

Speaking on a video posted by YouTube channel Legends on Legends via Otro, Becks and Neymar sit down for a lovely chat and the new MLS side fronted by Beckham and his ownership group, who enter the league in 2020, obviously came up.

“America has a huge opportunity because they have many other sports that are the number one, two or three sport. Soccer, now, is growing very quickly and I think it’s a real opportunity for America to have great players there. So I’m going to get you to sign a piece of paper after. A blank piece of paper. It’s going to be a contract for Miami, for ten years’ time. We’re not going to pay much,” Beckham laughed.

Neymar joined in with the banter but on a more serious note revealed he wants to sign for Inter Miami and all Beckham has to do is give him a call to get it going in the future.

“Deal. Deal. I was the one who asked to play for his team. I want to. I told him already. I told him I will play there one day,” Neymar said. “No, but I believe it is a great opportunity for the country to grow its soccer. As I said before, I already have my contract with David. A few years from now, I will be there. We’re in this together. He is my president.”

So, that’s that sorted then. There is a little tongue in cheek with this chat between Beckham and Neymar but there’s obviously a connection there and this could happen.

Neymar is currently 28 years old so I predict that in less than eight years time we will see him ripping it up in MLS with Inter Miami.

The Brazilian superstar will certainly be interested in Miami’s lifestyle and this transfer is one which makes sense for everyone, as long as Inter Miami can get the right financial package together to entice Neymar to MLS.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #125 on: August 30, 2020, 01:20:09 PM »
Neymar, Nike part ways after 15 years
By Lluis Gene (AFP)

Nike has parted ways with Neymar, ending one of its highest-profile sponsorship deals a decade and a half after signing the star striker as a 13-year-old prodigy.

"I can confirm Neymar is no longer a Nike athlete," a spokesman for the US sportswear giant, Josh Benedek, said in an email to AFP on Saturday, without giving details.

Media reports said the 28-year-old Paris Saint-Germain and Brazil talisman was in talks with Nike's German rival Puma.

"We generally do not comment on rumors," a spokesman for Puma in Germany responded.

Brazilian news site UOL said Neymar and Nike had failed to reach a deal on how much money he would be paid for renewing his contract.

It said negotiations between the company and the footballer's agents had run into trouble months ago.

Neymar's communications team did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

Puma likewise did not immediately respond to questions about reports the company was in talks to sign him.

Brazilian newspaper Folha de Sao Paulo said Neymar's last deal with Nike was an 11-year contract that was only set to expire in 2022, worth a total $105 million.

Neymar, who is fresh off the heartbreak of narrowly losing the Champions League final to Bayern Munich, holds the record for the most expensive football transfer in history.

PSG paid 222 million euros to bring him from Barcelona in 2017.

Forbes magazine, which ranks him the world's seventh highest-paid celebrity, estimates his earnings for this year at $95.5 million, including endorsement deals.

Neymar signed his first deal with Nike as a youth standout at Brazilian side Santos, which sold him to Barcelona in 2013.

With his skinny good looks, tattoos, ever-changing hairstyles and huge following on social media, the player soon exploded onto the international scene, dazzling the football world with the skills he honed playing five-a-side "futsal" on the mean streets of suburban Sao Paulo.

But his brand, already blemished by tax fraud allegations over his murky transfer to Barca, was badly dented last year when a Brazilian woman accused him of raping her.

Nike expressed its "deep concern" at the time, but stood by the player after police closed the case, citing a lack of evidence.

Neymar will still wear Nike apparel on the pitch: the company sponsors both PSG and the Brazilian national team.

The company sponsors many of the most iconic names in sports, including Michael Jordan, LeBron James, Cristiano Ronaldo, Serena Williams, Tiger Woods and Rory McIlroy.

1]; } ?>